• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Erm, when I edit the instruments in a midi in Anvil Studio, what does that channel number fir a track do and what effect will it have on the sound of the song in-game?

Larsie13

Well, he doesn't mean the track numbr, but the MIDI Channel number, as in:
@**************** Track 1 (Midi-Chn.1) ****************@
But if that has any effect on how it sounds, I don't know. Probably not.

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
I mean that because I have windows xp not vista that the solution to my first question didn't help.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
whenever I I click assemble song the program crashes. Ive tryied everything and I need help.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well, he doesn't mean the track numbr, but the MIDI Channel number, as in:
@**************** Track 1 (Midi-Chn.1) ****************@
But if that has any effect on how it sounds, I don't know. Probably not.

Well the channel 10 should be used for the drum track always. The other channels don't matter.

Anyway, I'd just like to express my compliments on this tutorial, I easily learnt how to insert music. And the video tutorial is very helpful :P

Saxisai

Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
Years
i cant seem to do this, every time i do it (exactly as you have in your tutorial), it gives me the Healing song in place of the Pokemon Theme instead of what i had inserted, i have done all 3 steps correctly and it doesnt work...please help

Fox3292

A Veteran Trainer
Years
i have the same problem. do you use windows vista? i think the reason i have the problems i do is because i use windows vista :S

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Hey I've download the 2 programs and they both don't work and I have a windows XP can you fix the download?
also can I insert ANY kind of music in my hack?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
can you convert wav. files into midi files? because that would be helpful

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
No, .wav files merely store the data of the sound wave. A .midi file stores the actual notes and instruments. It's easy to create a sound wave from notes played on an instrument, but much harder to figure out which instrument and notes are being played from just a sound wave.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Maginus, I have a question...
How long can a song be in order for it to fit into the ROM? I don't want to push it, but the key change to my song really adds depth. Overall, the song is 1:14. Is that too long or am I far from exceeding the limit lol?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
HELP

I have a problem with Sappy. When I open my Fire Red rom with it, I get a message saying "Sappy has stopped working". Help anyone? I'm using Vista Ultimate if that helps.
Same Here! It Always Closes Down! I Am Using Vista Home Premium. Please Help!

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Wonderful vid tutorial. I added Spiders by System of a down and it worked like a dream. Keep up the good work. Maybe make a vid tutorial about voicegroups sometime.

Years
mine says "Can't find file MPlayDef.s" for incluson. Assembling halted." :/ What does that mean?
Edit: Fixed it. The song had to be in the same folder as Mid2Agb. :P

Last edited:
Back