• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: [HotW #74] Pokémon Kyanite - Sneak Peek released

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Introdoction how this came to be, sort of
Hello there! My name is iTeruri, some might know me, some might not. This is the repost of my hack, titled Kyanite. The old hack started as Dreaming Red but after a crash I decided to restart it as Kyanite. That is the old version of Kyanite (as posted on PC) and this is the new one. What happened? Personal stuff I won't bother you guys with.
Anyway, Kyanite is back, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy making it. ^^

Story the small wall of text
On a day that starts like any day Alexander asks you to follow him to your father's gym. Once at the gym your father tells you he's getting to old to be the gym leader and asks you, his only child, to carry on the old family tradition.
Alexander, who has been working at the gym for ages, tells you about the different aspects of being a gym leader and also gives you your first Pokémon.
Now you are the Gym Leader you'll have to face many challengers, but that's not the only aspect of being a official Gym Leader! People from all over the Shiku region need your help and you'll need to expore the Shiku region!

That's not all... there are several plots all based around other characters, mostly other Gym Leaders. One of them is the Story of Prof Beech, the Professor in the Shiku region that studies Pokémon DNA. He has a special mission he wants you to participate in...

Screenshots visual stuff
Become a Gym Leader:
Afbeelding12-13.png
Afbeelding13-10.png

Afbeelding13-10.png
Afbeelding13-10.png

Afbeelding13-10.png
Afbeelding20-6.png

Recurring characters, some new and some old faces
Afbeelding23-4.png
Afbeelding23-4.png

Afbeelding25-3.png
Afbeelding26-3.png

Discover the Shiku region!
Afbeelding31-1.png
Afbeelding30-1.png

Afbeelding32-1.png
Afbeelding11-16.png

Afbeelding1-19.png
Afbeelding10-16.png

What's so odd about the Enigmatic Egg?
Afbeelding1-18.png
Afbeelding3-26.png

Afbeelding5-24.png
Afbeelding6-23.png

Discover the Luxury of the Stargaze hotel!
Afbeelding3-24.png
Afbeelding3-24.png

Afbeelding5-22.png
Afbeelding7-20.png

Afbeelding10-14.png
Afbeelding3-24.png

Some notable features: future releases will have more
- You are a gym leader! Take on challengers in your team. Other leaders are optional
- You give shape to your own story, there is no set path to take. There are mini plots and mysteries, but not one big, long, boring story you have to follow
- Quests: help people and earn gratitude tokens. Collect and spend these tokens on special goodies, services, etc.
- All 386 Pokémon available, some only in special ways

Releases:
Click here to download Beta 1.2

Support:
supportbar.png

PHP:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186062][img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/ShineyDragonair/supportbar.png[/img][/url]

Credits: Anything I didn't do myself
- Hiroshi Sotomura, non-profit screen
- Wichu, decapitalisation patch
- JPAN, fire red hacked engine patch
- Quil, for helping me, supporting me, and inserting the shiku world map.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
Looks Awesome!
Make Updates dude.
I looking forward to see some updates from your hack!

Mormo

Cyndaquil Lover
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
This looks great! Can't wait for the next update. If you need any help with spriting, feel free to ask me.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
This is a great, original hack I love it! This is definitely gonna be a top hack. No doubt about it. I'm totally looking forward to the first release!

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Haha Bart, hier ook geplaatst? xD Nouja, je weet wat ik van je hack vind, vooral Beech ziet er beter uit!

(Translation: Haha Bart, you placed it here also? xD Well, you know what I think of your hack, especially Beech looks better!)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well, now that's original. I've never seen a Hack with the Hero being a Gym Leader. But, there's one problem. Remember to remove the Boy/Girl part in the Introduction. Or you can make a different style for the Gym Leader to replace the Girl if you like.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
It's peanutt butter update time!
A couple of small uodates.

Afbeelding4-28.png

New house tiles, this is what your house looks like ingame.

Afbeelding27-3.png

Tyrogue, the starting Pokémon, got a moveset update.

When I say a couple, I really mean a couple. When I say small, I really mean small. But I hope you enjoy both of these updates. :)

iTeruri

iAm
Years
It's peanut butter update time!
I edited the housetiles a bit, because I forgot a small (but important) detail. Also I changed the layout of the first town, Debu Town, a bit so everything matches the new tiles.

Afbeelding6-25.png

Just hangin' around in Debu Town.

I hope you like the new house tiles. :)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
iTeruri said:
There are mini plots and mysteries, but not one big, long, boring story you have to follow
You have a nice hack going here! But (oh boy, there's always a but), the fact that you dont have a long story is kind of disappointing..Because I know that if this hack did, it would probably be VERY good, and with a storyline, you can draw ideas from almost anything for events.

Besides, not all hacks storylines are boring, it's just, most hacks can't stick with them :\
But you (and you hack) have extra potential. I love the tiles, and the OWs too.
______

May I ask how you got this to happen:
Afbeelding5-22.png

I mean, what if I deposited my Cyndaquil (if that is the starter Pokemon)

Well, good luck with this!

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Colorful Summer: Anything new that's not in the credit list is my own work. So yes, I made the tiles myself.

Ruka Prince, rikudaman, Vannah☆: This is just the beta sprite. I might change it a bit in the process.

cooley: Instead of one long big story I decided to do 10 seperate stories. One about each leader and some other characters.
Also I'm planning on having some more mature stories where other characters experience things like love, death of a beloved one, and things like that. I'm still not sure about it.
Anyway, the Cyndaquil in StarGaze hotel (the screen in your post depicts this) is just a OW walking around. It doesn't follow you and this is the only place where you'll be able to see one of your Pokémon outside of your team.

These are the gym leaders you'll encounter troughout your adventure. All of them will have their own storyline (and ofcourse a gym).
1. Ravarok
2. Aso
3. Serena
4. Silver
5. Sander
6. Quil
7. Samira

Yes, 7 gym leaders, but you are the 8th. ^^

This update is about the 7th leader, actually it's about her gym. This update will be between the spoiler tags, so you won't be spoiled.

Spoiler:

iTeruri

iAm
Years
A small update after a few days of not hacking. xD

Afbeelding21-5.png
Afbeelding20-7.png

Afbeelding18-6.png
Afbeelding19-7.png

The Pokémon Academy is located in a sperate part of Cayon City. This is the place to learn everything about being a Pokémon Trainer! The Academy is bigger than the schools in the real games. There are 5 teachers that teach you about several aspects of Pokémon.

I hope to have a big update soon about something I've never seen in a Fire Red hack. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's something unique for Kyanite. I'm looking forward to make the scripts for it. xD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Looks great but i dont lyk the grass tiles

iTeruri

iAm
Years
shrey2008: That's Brandon, the maincharacter of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. You might get the Ash idea from the Pikachu chasing (not following) him. Yes, Brandon is in trouble. XD

I am Updatimus Prime!
Afbeelding3-28.png
Afbeelding2-25.png

The new Pokémon Center and Pokémon Mart tiles. Like it should, the Pokémon Mart is a tad smaller and blue and the Pokémon Center is obviously the standard red.
I tried to give these two buildings a futuristic look.

'till the next Updatimus Prime Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back