The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Is Seabreak Path from the video on Youtube in Beta 1? Because I'm not really sure.
A lot of areas have changed since I made that video. (Hence, why it's not on the playlist in the first post anymore.)
Technically, it is but its mapping changed significantly along with a new name.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 04:26 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

Nature: Relaxed
The rom hack is very good and It's like a combination of Fire Red and Emerald. Are there anymore updates?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Hey everyone. I think it's time to say that beta 1 is near completion. All I need to do is fix up some text and things like that. All of the events are finished.

Now, there's something that held me back a little. I decided to completely scrap Azure City's gym and relocate the 1st gym to another location. With that, I also changed the gym's type too along with a completely new leader. I had to completely redo the 1st gym but it was really fun and I feel that it's way better than the former first gym. So here are some screens, enjoy.

Spoiler:

Sprite was made by me.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Last edited by Frostbite; July 14th, 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
I may not know much about spriting but that's a darn good sprite!
After all this time, you still have me eager to play that beta. Hopefully it'll be out before I go on vacation. How long is the beta (in terms of gyms)?

Brother of Vrai
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
How long is the beta (in terms of gyms)?
Beta 1 goes up to the second gym.
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Are you going to add the Hero/Heroine/Gym Leader OW's? If so, I am really looking forward to play this awesome Hack!
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
Are you going to add the Hero/Heroine/Gym Leader OW's? If so, I am really looking forward to play this awesome Hack!
The gym leader OWs are in but the hero and heroine OWs are not a priority for me at the moment. :x
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:47 AM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
Seems like a very simple hack. Let me know when beta is out or if you need a tester. Other then that, it seems pretty nice.

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old July 17th, 2009, 08:31 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

Frostbite will the Team Tundra sprites be in Beta 2 along with the hero overworlds?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Frostbite will the Team Tundra sprites be in Beta 2 along with the hero overworlds?
I just said that I'm not focusing on overworlds at the moment. :s

Anyway, everything is almost finished. I'm not a fan of giving out relase dates but I'm pretty confident that I'll be finished soon. The first beta for Azure Horizons will be out July 20, 2009 today!!

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Last edited by Frostbite; July 18th, 2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Shinx
it's a mad world

Hmm... I really hope you can make that release date, as I'm sure I'm not the first to say that this is my favourite hack on PC. Everything about this hack is just perfect, if you are need for help I would love to help you. :D
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Screenshots on the first page are updated with the new hero, I'm also preparing the thread for the beta 1 release. Please read the release notes. :X

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old July 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
I like the new hero overworld, and it's nice to see that you edited the frame which plays when you use an HM.
By the way, there are some tile errors on the mountain in the south-west corner of the screenshot that is in your signature. I'll be sure to report any others I see while playing the beta as well ;)

Brother of Vrai
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:24 PM
theprophet
Beginning Trainer

I really like the screen shots; makes me eager for the first beta to be released. Seems to me that you put a lot of effort into this. Can't wait for more updates.
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Wow, the new hero overworld sprite is quite nice! This is one of the first hacks in which I am fine with the spriting style that you've chosen to implement. This looks like it'll be quite an enjoyable hack to play, and I simply can't wait to play it. Very good job, again. :D
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Wow!
I really can't wait for the beta!
It looks like an official Pokemon game by Nintendo.
Good luck!
Old July 18th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Alright everyone, good news. I was really bored and decided to stay up a little and finish up eveything and I did. So, I'm happy to say that after all this time beta 1 is now complete! All I need to do is create a patch and do some other things. The patch will be released later today... I'm really excited to release this.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old July 18th, 2009, 03:49 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

Awesome! I can't wait for the beta. I like the similarities to Emerald and DPP. By the way Azure Horizons is one of the best rom hack names I've seen for a rom hack ever.

Last edited by SonicBlazePlatinum; July 18th, 2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Beta 1 is now out! Download link is on the first page, enjoy!

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old July 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

This is one of the only hacks I'm really interested in playing. I downloaded the beta and all I can say is, "wow". Azure Horizons does not disappoint.

While playing, I found a few errors:

You can walk on the flower pot in the player's room.

Some movement permissions are missing in the player's house.

It's possible to avoid the grassy patch there by walking through the ledge.

The player is blocked to his right. The wrong movement permission is used.

As you can see, Gordian Town is highlighted. While looking at the Town Map in Gordian town, the player appears on the far right side of the map.
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Alright, thanks.
I know about the world map error, it still has the position data of Kanto's world map. I'll get to changing that later on.

The movement position errors have been fixed. If you've already downloaded the game, download the new file on the first page and patch it to your rom to fix the errors.

Edit: Problem with the 2 Water Pulse TMs resolved, movement errors fixed.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Last edited by Frostbite; July 18th, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old July 19th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Dratii
Working on something new...

Nature: Careful
Well done, this is a very well done hack. The events are all well done, and I haven't found a single error (a part from the map). The custom OWs look great and the gameplay is smooth. And it does look very professional.
Rating this I give it a 9.5/10.
- 0.5 point for similarities to FR/LG. (Mainly at the start)

Last edited by Dratii; July 19th, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Man!
This is the best hack I've ever played in my Romhacking career.
And i just want to say "Thank you!" for a great hack.
I can't wait for the next beta.
Good luck!
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Thanks, I'm really happy that you guys enjoyed the beta.

I'll try to keep the "professionalism" consistent throughout the entire game.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old July 21st, 2009, 06:42 AM
PokeFreakBror
I never use this site.

Pretty good But if you go out of the lab with your first PKMN go in again The profs. name is oak. That should be fixed. A backsprite for the hero should also be made. If you don't know how you gotta use tile molester

Sponsored Links