The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?
Yes! Show us the Sprite! 1,074 70.47%
Sure, but just show us a Silhouette 175 11.48%
Yeah, but just show us Concept Art 124 8.14%
No! Leave it for a suprise! 151 9.91%
Voters: 1524. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
I'd say Ghost dark... with wonder guard.

LOL but there hasn't been a dark/dragon type before has there?
Well, *cough* my little Fakemon Family I came up with for Torzach will be Dark/Dragon. But, I don't know if Mac remembers... >____>

Dradow. He was in an update once. I don't think anyone really noticed. .__. This was my first scratched sprite, actually.

Well, haven't gotten anything done, because I have been busy... But, I will try and get something done when I have time.

EDIT: Scratch that, (no pun intended) I have a new sprite! Presenting, Kangokick!

He's a wonder from down under, a true fighter!

I am a Spriter and part-time Mapper for:

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Last edited by Westrmistr; July 14th, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannah☆ View Post
Well, Mac's a bit busy with something at the time. (It's a good thing, so no worries. ) So I suppose I'll let you all comment on Steedim, the ultimate/boss legendary in Torzach. We haven't decided on a type yet, but I'm thinking Ghost/Dark, Dark/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon, or something similar. I scratched this one myself, so take a looksie. c:

It was made in honor to sort of the style of suicune, raikou, and entei, which were always my favorite "trio". <3
Of course, hence the name, Steedim is more of a horse/cattle type of legendary. Something to pair with it might eventually be made.

This is just my opinion, but I think it should be a Ghost/Normal type.
Normal nullifies Ghost attacks, and Ghost Nullifies Fighting attacks, both which are supereffective against the other type. Normal is also nllified by Ghost. It's weak against Dark types, and only Dark types, provided you don't have Foresight. I think its ability should be Pressure, but again, that's just me. Back on the type, it would be the only Pokemon with that type combination, provided there is no other Torzachian which is Ghost/Normal. And to me, it just looks Ghost/Normal.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by minchan View Post
This is just my opinion, but I think it should be a Ghost/Normal type.
Normal nullifies Ghost attacks, and Ghost Nullifies Fighting attacks, both which are supereffective against the other type. Normal is also nllified by Ghost. It's weak against Dark types, and only Dark types, provided you don't have Foresight. I think its ability should be Pressure, but again, that's just me. Back on the type, it would be the only Pokemon with that type combination, provided there is no other Torzachian which is Ghost/Normal. And to me, it just looks Ghost/Normal.
Yeah, that could work, but I also like Ghost/Dark. Either is fine with me. But, I think we should give it a more interesting ability. Maybe Anger Point, if it isn't just a DPP ability. If it is, then how about Inner Focus?

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old July 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Don_VeCo
Beginning Trainer

Wow...great progress. I want to cut my head of for missing out som much. But really, its incredible how great yu guys are. And the Legendary is awesome. I immediately thought og it as a dark/dragon type, but its up to you guys to decide.

Old July 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Biggee30
The Oldschool Hip-Hop Fan

Nature: Calm
Hmm, Kangokick looks very cool (and rather original), But Dradow to me seems just a little..... bland. Maybe you should put just a couple of more distinguishing features on it (otherwise it would look like a dark version of Spheal).
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggee30 View Post
Hmm, Kangokick looks very cool (and rather original), But Dradow to me seems just a little..... bland. Maybe you should put just a couple of more distinguishing features on it (otherwise it would look like a dark version of Spheal).
Note, it was my first Fakemon I scratched, ever. I came up with the concept, everything. I already knew it looked slightly like Spheal, but that was on purpose. But, this little guy is supposed to be like a baby dinosaur of some kind. He has little arms plopped on his stomach, a big nose to match his big eyes, and his concept holds a special part of my heart in it, for I also based it off of something else very close to me. I say it's fine. It gains more features after it evolves, which was my second ever scratched sprite and concept. It also holds a special part of my heart. I'd really prefer not to change them. Maybe edit the evolution a little if needed, but only some of the details.

Thanks. I really like Kangokick, too. I thought that would be the perfect pose for him. = D It turned out pretty well.

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old July 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Hum guys, I hate to say this but things are slowing down I think, for a while. Don't be surprised if there's a small... announcement in the next few days. West and I will try to keep up some fakemon production but, I just don't know what's going to happen.

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Old July 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Well guys, here's the announcement. Please don't get mad anyone, just read through it.
Spoiler:
I've decided to put Torzach on hold indefinitely. I'm currently pursuing my acting career, which is taking up a lot of my time. There is no way I am going to pass up my dream for Torzach, I'm sorry to say. I am not quitting Torzach, so no one get that into your heads. I'm just putting it on hold, although I don't know how long for. If I can find someone I really trust to continue the project, I may consider putting them in charge for the time being. If you feel like you could handle it, just get in contact with me. I know this will dissapoint some people, but this is the rest of my life I'm talking about, and Torzach just doesn't match up to acting on the scales. I hope you all understand, and I hope you still all stand behind me on this.

-Mac

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:03 PM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
Well guys, here's the announcement. Please don't get mad anyone, just read through it.
Spoiler:
I've decided to put Torzach on hold indefinitely. I'm currently pursuing my acting career, which is taking up a lot of my time. There is no way I am going to pass up my dream for Torzach, I'm sorry to say. I am not quitting Torzach, so no one get that into your heads. I'm just putting it on hold, although I don't know how long for. If I can find someone I really trust to continue the project, I may consider putting them in charge for the time being. If you feel like you could handle it, just get in contact with me. I know this will dissapoint some people, but this is the rest of my life I'm talking about, and Torzach just doesn't match up to acting on the scales. I hope you all understand, and I hope you still all stand behind me on this.

-Mac

I see. Acting, huh? I wanna be a voice actress myself. Good luck. Your life is always before making a silly video game. I'm glad you're not quitting though!

Oh by the way, you misspelled "disappoint" - you wrote "dissapoint". LOL
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Destrozone Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Destrozone
Quote:
Spoiler:

-Mac
Why not put Vannah or Westrmistr in charge? They're both very responsible, and capable of running a game of such epic proportions.
Old July 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Vannah☆

I believe whoever's in charge must be an excellent scripter. I can't script, and neither West nor I know the whole hacking scene and what's needed. We would need someone that's been around and knows at least a little in every area.

Old July 16th, 2009, 06:59 PM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannah☆ View Post
I believe whoever's in charge must be an excellent scripter. I can't script, and neither West nor I know the whole hacking scene and what's needed. We would need someone that's been around and knows at least a little in every area.
That is SO true. -.-

It's too bad that pretty much everyone who CAN do all of those things kinda... has their own hack or something. LOL
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Biggee30
The Oldschool Hip-Hop Fan

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Spoiler:

-Mac
=( well good luck with your acting career anyways. I just hope you can get someone to (temporarily) replace you as I'd love to see this released someday.
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Vannah☆

; No one could ever replace you Mac. You were the best boss I've ever had. xD

Gonna be difficult for me to find another team in the meantime to keep up my artistic muse. I looked all over the team discussions form, but no team seemed promising for someone like me. >_< I guess I could still keep production here, but... xD; I need a big hacking family to be able to make great sprites. A stable one, at that... so very hard to find... Torzach was perfect for me. .-.;

Old July 16th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Destrozone Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Destrozone
Oh well, Mac, good luck with your acting career, and I hope to see you return to Torzach asap so that you can release your alpha =) Best of wishes to you, mate!
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Nature: Relaxed
It's disappointing to see such a great hack leader leave such a great hack with such great potential (I use "such" too much x_x). But at least we know it's for something important and you should chase that dream. I wish you the best of luck on your acting career. Anyone can accomplish anything and that's a great mentality to stick too. Good luck, Mac!
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote:
Spoiler:

-Mac
Mac,

Seriously, we're all going to miss you and please keep checking on Torzach even though you're leaving...
I think no one here will get angry at you, since we all understand that your life comes before making a video game on an online forum xD

Please do choose the right person to lead the hack, someone who has responsibility and time... and who you trust.

Good luck on your acting career!

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Mōnštȝr¿
Donator Tier 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Mōnštȝr¿
Good luck with your career mac. I wish you the best.
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Heizer
You are thinking of me

Also is the fire starter based off Charmander and the water starter off Salamance and the grass of Pachirisu???
Just thought id ask.

Heizer's Info:

Hello my name is Haizer But you can call me Haiz. I am relatively new to the forum but if you need anything ill try to help.

PHO
Deviant ArtWork
Heizer's Digtal ArtWork
Heizer's Drawing's

Skills: Graphic Design, HTML & CSS,
Animation, Movie Making

Old July 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Vannah☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heizer View Post
Cool hack keep the great work up.

Also is the fire starter based off Charmander and the water starter off Salamance and the grass of Pachirisu???
Just thought id ask.
If you had read the last few posts you would know that the project is on hiatus.
And no, none of those things you said about the starters are correct...

Old July 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
skyhart
Beginning Trainer

Most if not all of your supporters understand your situation, and I agree with Minchan, its just a game.

I wish you good luck with your career.
I'll be on MSN or whatever, if you want to chat sometime, lol.

Mottos
Spoiler:
Age isn't Power. Wisdom and Ability are.

The true measure of a Genius isn't how much you know, but how you use what you know.

If only Dreams were Reality................

Spoiler:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:21 PM
xDaisuke0
Aspiring Professor

Nature: Lonely
I'm sad it's put on Hold, but it's for a good reason. :]
I'll still be cheering on with this hack!
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:22 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Hm, well this certainly is a bummer. I hope whoever takes the reins can keep this project going in the same direction. It had more potential than the majority of hacks on these forums and I'd hate to see it die at the peak of its production.
Though I would recommend finding a new leader sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the more likely the project will get dropped, something I can't bear to see happen.

Brother of Vrai
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:50 PM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Hm, well this certainly is a bummer. I hope whoever takes the reins can keep this project going in the same direction. It had more potential than the majority of hacks on these forums and I'd hate to see it die at the peak of its production.
Though I would recommend finding a new leader sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the more likely the project will get dropped, something I can't bear to see happen.
Yeah, even if we can't get a total leader, we should give command to somebody and have them get a couple people to be like an 'executive team' and the rest of the team be the 'rest of the team' (lol)

or something... I too wish for this to stay alive in one way or another.
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:45 PM
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Well people, we have got a new leader. I'm sure most of you know Atlus, well, he's new leader, with Vannah co-leading. The rest of the team is staying the same, and don't worry, I'm not gone for good. Just till I get my life all sorted out Sorry to everyone else who applied for the job, but I feel Atlus will serve the purpose best. Thanks~

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links