• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
This doesn't belong here but since it was brought up about PokemonOI's screenshot (looks good, only complain won't be the mountain tiles at the left of the house. No need for them, get rid of them)- I thought I would ask.
What is the different color fonts in the game's used for? Like blue text for key characters regular for NPCs? I honestly don't know lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
This doesn't belong here but since it was brought up about PokemonOI's screenshot (looks good, only complain won't be the mountain tiles at the left of the house. No need for them, get rid of them)- I thought I would ask.
What is the different color fonts in the game's used for? Like blue text for key characters regular for NPCs? I honestly don't know lol.
Yea I know neo. I already removed the mountain tiles. I put something new there lol. Also I dont know either lol I used them to represent different character classes like Rivals,professor and such.

Atomic Reactor

I would stick with blue OI. And if you plan on using red, edit the shadow color... otherwise it looks to... uh, idk. But it's hard to read. You know what i mean?

And the different colored text was used in frlg to represent if a girl or boy was talking.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
A screenshot of Pokemon Ryen's new trainer card.
capture437z.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
That looks really good SL I really like it bro! his mugshot is cool too but he looks crazy!XD

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
WOW, did you make those tiles yourself? Cause if you did, they are awesome. Can't wait to see the rest of your game.

Most of the rock tiles are from Pokemon Ranger 2, the mountains are recolored mountains from Kyledove.
Looking great though, I'd love to play a game with these kind of composed graphics,
they look great together ;)

//44tim44

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Look...

I just wanted to show you my new summary screens, you'll notice that i'm working on something special.

If the pokémon has one type:
capture004-2.jpg

If the pokémon has two types:
capture005-1.jpg

And my bag screen(thanx to spriters' resources for the bag picture):
capture000-3.jpg

I will replace every pokémon sprite with the 80x80 ones(DPPt), and I may change the bag on the future.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Here's the map of the new Pokemon center in Pokemon Ryen,
Inspired by HGSS.

pchgss.png

The board on the 2nd level is called the Ranger Board
(more info will come in a future update, and the name
of the board is not final). Any suggestions?

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Here's the map of the new Pokemon center in Pokemon Ryen,
Inspired by HGSS.

pchgss.png

The board on the 2nd level is called the Ranger Board
(more info will come in a future update, and the name
of the board is not final). Any suggestions?

Oh god xD, that's looking really good! I wish I had that tile making skills.

New summary screen =]. I'm quite satisfied with it.

2e4en21.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
~~Pokemon Malachite!~~
picture.php

~Tag Tournament Coming soon!?
I'm having alot of fun with this one lol maybe instead of Duke you team with Ash!?~
We'll see what Weird combinations I can come up with!

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
The palettes you used for the hero's backsprite are yucky, and I don't think you should've use that backsprite as a base, use one from a younger trainer, lastly, the two backsprites together don't look good, again, I suggest you use one from a younger pokemon trainer.
Oh and the shading on each of those backsprites need a lot of work.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
2nhj5le.png

Features:

- RPG Party Management (Great if you're creating a pokemon type game, but lol be prepared to make a add/withdraw script for each pokemon, tedious work)
- RPG Movement ( Pixel-Movement default, I'll add a 8X8 grid movement for Pokemon games if this SDK is wanted )
- RPG Running ( Double Tap )
- Algorithms
- RPG Action Battle System ( Like Seiken Densetsu or the Mana games from Square Enix )
- RPG Level up

To be coded:

- RPG Dialog
- RPG Damage
- RPG Stats increase

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
wow you guys are setting the bar real high for a newby like me... i like the look of malachite and the tiles in franlandia are awesome... i wish i was as good as this but i only started last week :( i am a quick learner but its all so very complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back