The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)
TeddiursaFan 61 43.57%
Rubii Naruto 45 32.14%
Ryushin5 34 24.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

Advertise here
Love the tiles.
I like the new battle graphics.
But, please tell us that you are not going to include all of kanto.
Old July 20th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
I have to say (don't want to sound like a n00b) I worship your tiles and maps :D They are just too good. As for the battle graphics, they look awsome. :D
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire://Krimm View Post
Pokemon Ryen is without a doubt one of the most graphically well done games around! Very nice tiles, and you're always updating them! Your mapping is top-notch as well, if I do say so myself~
I second that statement. Really great looking game without a doubt!
Good job on both the map work (which is what all RMXP maps should feel like) and excellent tiles.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:08 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
How the Hell did I miss this?
Anywho, i agree with Krimm and Neo.
As I run through only a few games in my mind this may be the most beautiful game around here. Cant really think of all the games but yea thats saying something aswell.
Pallet looks great dude keep it up.
....Also why does no one post here? but the same people?
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM
sonic smash down
strive for the best

Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
stares at yet another marvoulous update: you did a great job the new tiles you've made all the maps on the screenshots look incredible, and as for pallet town, i simply love it. It was always to small for me to play on in fr/lg but if you went by the true anime like CA is doing, the maps would be to ginormous for any one player. I think you captured just the right size of pallet town dude!

great job and can't wait to see more from Ryen
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Ahhhh...The tiles and maps are really soothing to my eyes. You did a very good job on this update, and I'm mostly loving the Battle system graphics that you've put up. the look of the textbox is what got me the most. I love how the colors match and everything. Some of the most simple things can be the best Great job.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
shinylugia249
I'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire://Krimm View Post
Pokemon Ryen is without a doubt one of the most graphically well done games around! Very nice tiles, and you're always updating them! Your mapping is top-notch as well, if I do say so myself~

The HGSS tiles are very nice and sleek, and I'm loving the screenshots of the locations! :3 My only complaint would be the car tiles; they seem randomly placed throughout the cities, they're larger than the pathways (They'd need a road to drive on), and they seem like they would be a bit too big for the OWs to fit in. Maybe if you made them smaller?

Oh and I just noticed your Team Galactic FR/LG OWs. VERY CUUUTE <3 I am a sucker for FR/LG styled OWs loool.
lol thanks! I've been trying to improve my mapping (It was too crowded) so I'm glad i'm getting some results. The cars are more of a decorative thing though and some of the cars have items inside of them. They would serve more like an obstacle if I placed them on a road. So for now they're parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafi View Post
I love your tiles!! You are doing an excelent work. I don´t like the FR minis, but if you like them...
Thanks. I might redo the grunt ow's but the i'm keeping the saturn ow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty 101 View Post
Love the tiles.
I like the new battle graphics.
But, please tell us that you are not going to include all of kanto.
I guess i'll use the battle graphics then! Why not all of Kanto? It'll happen right after the main storyline of Ryen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
I have to say (don't want to sound like a n00b) I worship your tiles and maps :D They are just too good. As for the battle graphics, they look awsome. :D
Glad to hear you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
I second that statement. Really great looking game without a doubt!
Good job on both the map work (which is what all RMXP maps should feel like) and excellent tiles.
Thank you. Nice to hear you like the tiles an maps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
How the Hell did I miss this?
Anywho, i agree with Krimm and Neo.
As I run through only a few games in my mind this may be the most beautiful game around here. Cant really think of all the games but yea thats saying something aswell.
Pallet looks great dude keep it up.
....Also why does no one post here? but the same people?
Thanks OI. And it's not about posts, I just want to know what i need to improve on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic smash down View Post
stares at yet another marvoulous update: you did a great job the new tiles you've made all the maps on the screenshots look incredible, and as for pallet town, i simply love it. It was always to small for me to play on in fr/lg but if you went by the true anime like CA is doing, the maps would be to ginormous for any one player. I think you captured just the right size of pallet town dude!

great job and can't wait to see more from Ryen
Yeah I'm not really a fan of huge open maps. I always consider what the player will see when playing the game not on how the map look like as one single piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post
Ahhhh...The tiles and maps are really soothing to my eyes. You did a very good job on this update, and I'm mostly loving the Battle system graphics that you've put up. the look of the textbox is what got me the most. I love how the colors match and everything. Some of the most simple things can be the best ;) Great job.
Thanks. I actually made the graphics before any clear pics of them were released so I'm glad you like them.

Mini-Update

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Something I missed:
I actually meant to mention this last update but it completely slipped my mind. Pokemon Ryen has a few more positions to fill. The first would be a Move animator. I need someone to make animations for all pokemon moves (I have no skill at making animations). They should be made in rpg maker xp using sprites from here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gam...rlg/sheet/3860
or custom sprites. They can't be pixelated or be default animations from rpg maker xp.
The second job would be a scripter. I need someone who is familiar with RGSS to script out things such as a custom summary screen or minigames. Now here's Ryen's new menu system which venom 12 kindly volunteered to script out. So credit goes to him for the script!

Pokemon Ryen's new Menu system!:
Here's Pokemon Ryen's new menu system. Credit to venom 12 for the script.

There are still a few things to work out but it works fine at the moment.
Any suggestions?

Closing.:
Now that was short, which is why this followed so shortly after the last update. Hopefully the positions mentioned before will be filled before the release of the demo. so...

Till next Time!

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.

Last edited by shinylugia249; July 22nd, 2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:05 PM
Valen
Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Valen
awesome tiles and sprites
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:16 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Thats is a nice menu my friend. Also I know it isnt about posts but its nice to know that people actually support the game.
Old August 19th, 2009, 01:45 PM
RatedX
Beginning Trainer

hey nice game but i was thinking if there will be in game trades and maybe a camping system it will be pretty fun
thank's
Old August 30th, 2009, 01:55 PM
TeddiursaFan
is a TeddiursaFan

I'm not sure about trades, but I think that sl won't add a camping system because he said before that they're already being used. Anyways, I can't wait for the next update.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:17 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

anything new SL? I wanna see what you've been working on lately...
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:03 AM
shinylugia249
I'm back

Alright I guess I'll reveal a some info on what I've been working on.
I've been remapping many of the maps for Ryen such as town's and cities, forests, routes, parks, and beaches. I've been also adding new systems and features such as the ranger board, a new look for choosing your starter (thanks to OG), and adding a new rival depending on gender. There's also a few minor edits to certain events such as dialogue to show more character.
I guess you could say I'm preparing Ryen for its firts demo release. I'm sorry for the wait but I promise the next update will be a a demo with 2 or 3 gyms (again sorry, I promised 4 gyms but there's so much in the demo right now). New music will also be included thanks to megiddo.

I don't want to leave without showing something so here's a peak at the new Rising City and an almost finished Veratwirl forest i'm working on this right now.

*I'm in the mapping stage of the forest, I have to take all the old events from the old forest and put them in the new one.

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Altiar
Beginning Trainer

I cant wait to see more about this
Old September 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
FlaafyFTW
Researcher of Orange Lore

Hi =) I've been a follower on these forums for ages, but ive never really posted but id just like to say i adore your game. It has so many outstanding features tht makes it so unique - i'll be downloading the demo for sure.
So just thanks for sharing your game with us really and keep up the good work!
Old September 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
~NeOn~
Beginning Trainer

WoW!
One of the best games I have ever seen.
All this great. One of the things I liked most is from the GUI. This excellent!
Keep up great work.
Good luck!

I Support:

Old September 21st, 2009, 09:31 PM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Love the new screens SL! :D

The new Veratwirl forest looks awsome
Can't wait to see more of your astonishing work.

(BTW, got any job for me soon? I'm kinda bored )
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Calder
Gamertag: LycaNinja

Nature: Adamant
You might wanna add the ideas to the first page and change the font...Green font on a Green background doesn't work buddy...

-TheZeide
Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:15 AM
MexicoolBoy
I'm MEXICO!!

Nature: Calm
O.O
Awesome graphical style!!! This tiles are amazing!
I'm not sure but, maybe, you have to give credits to WesleyFG for the tiles...
Old September 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
ArchXDeath
Eevee Trainer!

Nature: Lonely
I haven't ever posted here, so I'll say it now...Seriously, great job. I almost stopped looking here because people stopped posting...good thing I checked again!

The threads I liked that are closed now are below...
Spoiler:

Old September 25th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Tudj
HeartGold :P

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tudj
Whoa, also trying not to sound like a n00b, but the tiles and screenies of this game is unearthly. Hope to see more updates.

ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent
Old October 3rd, 2009, 04:18 AM
PokeGamerExtreme
Beginning Trainer

This is the best game I have seen storywise. I just love the idea of loosing your Pokemon while trying to go to a new region and then it's like Deja-Vu, or however you spell that I also like your tiles alot. Did you make all of them? This game is looking really good so far, keep it up!
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Anything new SL? been a while and your sig is amazing....
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
man, I'm jealous of the attention other games get. Yours, for example.
Those tiles are very good.

Old November 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Pokepoke1222
Glitch Checker

Nature: Modest
You going to use other Pokeballs, not just the regular ones? Like in bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokeball#Types_of_Pok.C3.A9_Ball
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here