• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
The name Grey is probably going to end up being some sort of joke, because it is a definite misnomer.

And, blueguy, it's nice to see all of the work you are putting into this project!

I guess it really doesn't describe the game very well. Thanks. : P

even know i havent been here long... this is my favorite game on the forum! I am definately supporting you. Do I have permission to use the pic in your sig?

This is the best game here, but if you want it to be colorful why did you name it Pokemon Grey, the name made me want to gag when i first heard it, no offense... But GREY?!?! lol, sorry...

Yes, you can use the pic, if you'd like. I should probably make some support banner thingies, if anyone wants them.

That's really nice of you to say. Not sure it's true, but I'm glad you like it. ;D I like Grey... and originally the plot had to do with it... but now it's kind of just a project name. When I think of my game I just call it "Project Grey"... so perhaps I might choose another name.

Seeing as it doesn't seem to reflect what I'm doing.

I'm planning on finishing up the fire starter and its Sugimori art in the next few days.

Atomic Reactor

Favorite starter type! Can't wait to see it ^_^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
How about "Pokemon Rose"? Or "Pokemon Daisy"? lol, maybe even "Pokemon Plumb"....

I need to change my name too, there's an old 2007 hack returning, and they asked me to change it.

"Pokemon Raibow", "Pokemon Tangerine"! Ooh, I like that, "Pokemon Tangerine". You can taake the name if you want.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
I really like the tiling. And the fakemon look pretty good, but they just look like flowery versions of pre existing pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
Pokemon Sphere? Pokemon trout?

(I figured I'm going to call my game Reef instead of turquoise!)

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I really like the tiling. And the fakemon look pretty good, but they just look like flowery versions of pre existing pokemon.

Thanks. : P That's a fair comment. I'm always trying to improve on my concepts etc. so I hope the new Pokémon designs I come up with are better/more original... Although... I love Brelaphant to death. idk!!!

EDIT: And speaking of Brelaphant, I tidied all of its sprites up, and made it a new icon.
screens2.png

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I don't think anyone saw the update to Brelaphant, but, oh well. Wasn't very important! I've compiled the current stats/movesets of the starters. If you have any suggestions or thoughts for tweaking, please let me know. I'm planning on getting the fire starter done soon, but it's proving to be very hard to find ideas. T.T That's Fleurush's updated sprite too. Just a few tweaks.

PokemonData.png

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I love both of the updates :D The mini-icon for Brelaphant looks great~!

As for the movesets, the only thing that really catches my eye is that Brelaphant really doesn't learn that many Water Moves, which is sort of a put-off of it being a starter. Perhaps its latter evolutions learn more water moves? :o

Years
PRIMROSE CITY- the city of pretty roses and love. XD sorry but thats what it looks like. anyways I have somethhing that can help...ok here goes....YOU CA DOO IT

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I am still working on the game. I was on vacation for a while, so I haven't had much time to do anything, but I've finished the first version of Minenn's new region map. It's based on Shikoku, Japan, like many other fangames, and I think it's a big improvement on some of the old maps I've done. I'm currently coloring etc. the fire starter.

Shikoku2.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Yes! I've been trying to find this thread for awhile; I just love the hack. The Pokemon are simple and cute, which is a big draw-in... Glad to have found it.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Here (finally) is the Fire Starter. I want to note that I'm still not very happy with the shading, so I will label the art a work-in-progress. But, you get the rough concept anyways. Igniscale is a Charmander-like Pokémon with a darker side. Name based on the Latin ignis (fire) + scale. Oh, how clever. Ho ho ho. Gosh, this Starter has given me so much trouble. UGH. Coming up with a concept was impossible. lol Therefore, a lizard Fire Starter was my last resort. I am so unhappy! Maybe if I give it some time to think it over, and see if I want to work on the shading a bit more. I just wanted to finish it!

Igniscale.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back