The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Advertise here
Hey Cooley, this is looking great! Any place for an OW/spriter like me? xD

The silver OW needs maybe an angrier look in my opinion.

EDIT: 100th post. :x

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Old July 24th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
great hack bro, if you need anything custom/ original made just ask.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old July 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster_Zeikku View Post
great hack bro, if you need anything custom/ original made just ask.
Sure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannah☆ View Post
Hey Cooley, this is looking great! Any place for an OW/spriter like me? xD

The silver OW needs maybe an angrier look in my opinion.

EDIT: 100th post. :x
Thanks! And Silver's not an angry person in the hack XD
And by "OW/Spriter" it meant Ow spriter or spriter, correct? Just checking, because I could use a Silver Intro sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
Nice updates! Wow... I never thought that you have have a lot sense of Humour. (Just like CS.) Anyways, by Edited Rocket Sprite, do you mean by OW Sprite or just Sprite?
The battle sprite is what I was referring to =)

Old July 26th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
So Cooley, how's the progress on Eruption going?
Good luck!:D
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
~*Mew*~
Rom Hacker.

I really like em screenies!
They look soo cool.
GL!:D
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:01 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
This hack is terrific. I just started playing, and I'm already blown away by the plot depth, the great new ideas, and the exquisite mapping and scripting (I can't script worth a darn, but you've done some great scenes). Keep it up, this is absolutely terrific.
Oh, I have one suggestion. Since you're forced to start with Cyndaquil, I think you should give that particular Cyndaquil the ability to learn abnormal moves. Just a thought. Again, great job!

And one more thing... I just picked up a Rare Candy and wound up with 16 in my bag. Also, Oak gave me 10 potions. The 10 potions is cool, but 16 Rare Candies before the first gym? Is this a glitch?

Does the alpha end with the guy who wants you to find his glasses?

Last edited by trebornosliw; July 27th, 2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Noticed something else...
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Neo-Spriteman
or goloog. that works too.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Neo-Spriteman
Umm...
I don't know if this has been posted, but after I got the blackglasses, there was a tile that I couldnt go through, so I pressed it, and the game froze...
Old July 27th, 2009, 01:08 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
This hack is terrific. I just started playing, and I'm already blown away by the plot depth, the great new ideas, and the exquisite mapping and scripting (I can't script worth a darn, but you've done some great scenes). Keep it up, this is absolutely terrific.
Oh, I have one suggestion. Since you're forced to start with Cyndaquil, I think you should give that particular Cyndaquil the ability to learn abnormal moves. Just a thought. Again, great job!

And one more thing... I just picked up a Rare Candy and wound up with 16 in my bag. Also, Oak gave me 10 potions. The 10 potions is cool, but 16 Rare Candies before the first gym? Is this a glitch?

Does the alpha end with the guy who wants you to find his glasses?
Thanks for the input. Abnormal moves, sounds like a good idea. Do you have any in mind?

And there are no gyms in Eruption.. There will be something better:
More trainers and superior individuals :D

The rare candy thing, I only used to get past some parts because I didn't feel like battling/losing etc. It was only to help me. I'll replace it with another useless item(X ATTACK) XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchlax™ View Post
So Cooley, how's the progress on Eruption going?
Good luck!:D
Well mapping is great, I've done up to the BETA, but I just can't seem to fix this sprite bug for some reason.. But if I remove it, I'd have to rethink the event outline, which shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YPro. View Post
I really like em screenies!
They look soo cool.
GL!:D
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spriteman97 View Post
Umm...
I don't know if this has been posted, but after I got the blackglasses, there was a tile that I couldnt go through, so I pressed it, and the game froze...
Ooh, that doesn't sound to good... I'll try and fix it right away. Thanks for telling me

Old July 27th, 2009, 04:22 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Well, I'm not sure if Cyndaquil or its evos can learn Eruption but it is the game's namesake...
Also, I was thinking that you might be able to include some sort of story event in which Cyndaquil is forced to adapt, possibly learning moves he otherwise couldn't have used.
Here are a few ideas for that:
1. Possibly learns heat wave to fend off multiple enemies.
2. Rock Slide, or some rock type attack, while working in the mountains (probably as a later evo).
3. Solarbeam, since it sort of corresponds with the fire type, and it needs a counter to water and rock-types.
You could have the professor ask to examine the Cyndaquil, and declare it an unusual specimen, you could just insert the events in-game, you could even borrow from the TCG and call it a Delta Species. The main idea would be to give it a slightly more versatile move-pool. If you'd like, I can type up a more elaborate description of what I mean and PM it to you.
Anyhoo, thanks for making a great hack. But what's this I hear? The game doesn't end with the glasses request? Well, where the heck are the glasses???
Oh well, I'd better get searching.
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:39 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Oh, I see. Those ideas are great, but they would have to be in the beginning, right? Well not really, because I have an Idea planned out:

Spoiler:
Team Knox is frustrated with the losses coming from a little 12 year old boy, and decides to take action. They kidnap his mom and dad, and tell him, that he must give them 100000 PokéCurrency in order for them to return his parents.

Of course that's just the gist of it, and I can add the "new move event" to it, so cyndaquil can save Silver's Parents or something along the lines of that. May will be part of this event, and that's all the spoilers I can give for now. Thanks for the ideas!

Old July 28th, 2009, 06:15 AM
0d'
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Man it looks great, gl for the next.

Warm/Feed my eggs/poke, please!
I'll warm yours back.

check out my project: Pokemon APOCALYPSE

Spoiler:
Curiosity kills.

Made In Brazil
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:29 AM
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

Nature: Lonely
i've patched it in different firered games 5 times and it doesn't work.
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siper x View Post
i've patched it in different firered games 5 times and it doesn't work.
Which patching program are ya using? I suggest IPS Win
Which ROMs did ya patch? I patched Fire Red (U) and it worked

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

now it doen't read it. i've tried fire red and fire red (u).
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
-Sonic~Boom-
☆彡

Nature: Jolly
Wow, those tiles are nice! The hack will have a great look if it's full of them.

I'm particularly amazed by your scripting. Your one of the best scripters around.

Good luck cooley, I know this will get the recognition it deserves.
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:41 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Quote:
now it doen't read it. i've tried fire red and fire red (u).
Well, I just tried the patch, and it worked..
Make sure the FireRed rom is 1637 - Pokemon FireRed Version (U)

Old July 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

i'm using ipswin, and it still isn't working.
is there a better patching tool?
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
-Sonic~Boom-
☆彡

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
i'm using ipswin, and it still isn't working.
is there a better patching tool?
Try LunarIPS (LIPS). http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
Oh, I see. Those ideas are great, but they would have to be in the beginning, right? Well not really, because I have an Idea planned out:

Spoiler:
Team Knox is frustrated with the losses coming from a little 12 year old boy, and decides to take action. They kidnap his mom and dad, and tell him, that he must give them 100000 PokéCurrency in order for them to return his parents.

Of course that's just the gist of it, and I can add the "new move event" to it, so cyndaquil can save Silver's Parents or something along the lines of that. May will be part of this event, and that's all the spoilers I can give for now. Thanks for the ideas!
Thanks for using them. You've done a great job on this. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know (I'd love to help with the plotline, though you seem to have that well in hand).

@siper x, have you tried just giving the ips file and the rom the same name and putting them in the same folder? If that doesn't work, LIPS is good, like Sonic Boom said, and has worked for me. If that fails you, first check that you are patching the GBA file and not a sav, bak, or pal extension. Next, make sure the Rom is clean, with no prior patches. If all fails, redownload the patch and try again.
And if that fails, take this to a help thread, which is honestly where you should have posted it in the first place.
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:15 AM
KieronGames
May be more active

I am stuck in route 1 is that the end of the alpha or is there a certain event?
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:56 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

I think you have to find blackglasses for some guy, but I haven't a clue where they are, and I've looked everywhere I could think of. It's driving me into even more serious insanity... I think I'm going to cheat and open the thing in Advance Map.
*was instantly incinerated by a lightning bolt*
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:54 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Quote:
I think you have to find blackglasses for some guy, but I haven't a clue where they are, and I've looked everywhere I could think of. It's driving me into even more serious insanity... I think I'm going to cheat and open the thing in Advance Map.
*was instantly incinerated by a lightning bolt*
Lol, just look at my post below.

@your other post: I'll let you know if I need any ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedkieron View Post
I am stuck in route 1 is that the end of the alpha or is there a certain event?
Okay, route 1....

Spoiler:

There's a reason why the Knox Grunt was wearing a pair of glasses... And why he threw them away. Unless you haven't battled them yet, or even encountered them.

Go to the bottom corner of the map and talk to them, then try to go back to the Glasses guy. He's going to talk to you about them, and you go back to the Knox Grunts and battle them. They'll leave behind the BlackGlasses.

New Updates; Screenshots

I have some screenshot updates from a completed Team Knox Event. Hint: This is where you supposedly get a Totodile somehow, and it's not going to be the same as when you got Cyndaquil. Guess what Pokémon's next?

Screen(s) are below.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screens.PNG‎ (38.6 KB, 14673 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old July 31st, 2009, 04:24 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

Oh, I get it now! No wonder I also couldn't find them in A-map!
The Totodile and "secret Pokemon" are a great idea. One thought though. Instead of letting the player get all of the Johto region starters, have you considered staggering it (so like one from Kanto, one from Johto, one from Hoenn)? I guess it really doesn't make too much of a difference, and I love Feraligatr anyway. Also, will there be some sort of event where Cyndaquil 'smells' the other Cyndaquils in a Knox base? Like a rescue mission type thing?
Although if the plot get's any deeper, I'll drown.
Incredible job, cooley, keep it up. Maybe if we all sign a petition we can get Nintendo to hand over the rights to you...
By the way, what was the inspiration for "Sprash" attack?
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:59 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Quote:
Oh, I get it now! No wonder I also couldn't find them in A-map!
The Totodile and "secret Pokemon" are a great idea. One thought though. Instead of letting the player get all of the Johto region starters, have you considered staggering it (so like one from Kanto, one from Johto, one from Hoenn)? I guess it really doesn't make too much of a difference, and I love Feraligatr anyway. Also, will there be some sort of event where Cyndaquil 'smells' the other Cyndaquils in a Knox base? Like a rescue mission type thing?
Although if the plot get's any deeper, I'll drown.
Incredible job, cooley, keep it up. Maybe if we all sign a petition we can get Nintendo to hand over the rights to you...
By the way, what was the inspiration for "Sprash" attack?
There's going to be something like that. But what if Cyndaquil is evolved/deposited? And for the starter questions, I just don't want it that way.. I don't want for the Player to be able to catch every Hoenn starters because then I'd have to add more Hoenn Pokemon into the wild. I want him to be able to catch around 150 mix of Kanto and Johto and a few Hoenn(legendaries, and common pokes), like original games. Don't be mad at me for this

The SPRASH attack, was inspired by Hoppip. I like that Pokemon, and didn;t want to change it's moveset. I didn't realize it only learned Splash and Synthesis when I caught and, an unknowinly put it as a last resort pokemon (my Cyndaquil fainted ) Yep. I lost that battle.

Since Magikarp is a sorry Pokemon, I wanted to keep it like that, and edited Splash to do damage based on the opponents level.

Old July 31st, 2009, 08:18 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
There's going to be something like that. But what if Cyndaquil is evolved/deposited? And for the starter questions, I just don't want it that way.. I don't want for the Player to be able to catch every Hoenn starters because then I'd have to add more Hoenn Pokemon into the wild. I want him to be able to catch around 150 mix of Kanto and Johto and a few Hoenn(legendaries, and common pokes), like original games. Don't be mad at me for this

The SPRASH attack, was inspired by Hoppip. I like that Pokemon, and didn;t want to change it's moveset. I didn't realize it only learned Splash and Synthesis when I caught and, an unknowinly put it as a last resort pokemon (my Cyndaquil fainted ) Yep. I lost that battle.

Since Magikarp is a sorry Pokemon, I wanted to keep it like that, and edited Splash to do damage based on the opponents level.
OK, I get it. Not mad at you by the way (I have no reason to be, since the hack itself wouldn't exist without you), you have a good point about the Hoenn starters...
Now as for the Cyndaquil event, the evolution probably wouldn't be as much of a problem (I'm sure Typhlosion can smell just as well as Cyndaquil) but you're absolutely right when you mention the possibility that Cyndaquil has been deposited. Here are two ideas for that:

1. The player is the one to notice the kidnapped Cyndaquil, he either hears them or sees a Knox grunt running down an escapee.

2. The player has to pose as a Knox grunt to infiltrate a hidden base on a specific mission to free the Cyndaquil. As part of his cover, he can be required to bring a Cyndaquil with him (he can say he caught a runaway?). There are still the previously mentioned flaws, but if he has to have Cyndaquil with him, he can't deposit it, and you seem to have prevented Cyndaquil from evolving for a time (for which I hate you just a little). But in any case, it doesn't even necessarily have to be a Cyndaquil that the player takes "hostage." Another option would be that the player teams up with a Legendary Pokemon (or someone makes a mock-up of one) and pretends to be taking it to the Boss.
The most awkward part of this event (for me) would be finding a way to change the players OW sprite temporarily to look more like a Knox Grunt...

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out. Again, and I guess I've said this about a million times by now, you've done a great job with this. Keep it up!

Last edited by trebornosliw; July 31st, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here