• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkCopper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Hack Name:
Pokémon DarkCopper Version

Hack of:
FireRed

Introduction:
I'm SSJ4 Furatman previously known as Furanki Pkmn Master, SSJ4 Cartman, and Cartman, you might know me as that guy who used to crap out a bunch of South Park hacks, that never got finished. I'm surprised most of those were even allow here. Anyways, this is a hack where, I'm trying to make it seem more like an actual Pokémon game. Taking things from GB, GBC, GBA, and DS Pokémon games and adding my own personal touch to it. I'm actually going to try to finish this one, in my spare time. Except in the Summer, and breaks, where I have a lot of time to work on this.

Storyline:
4 years later from (GRBY/RSE/FRLG) and 1 from (GSC/DPP/HGSS), you start out as a trainer in Red Town, in the region of Ohsai. You get to choose your first Pokémon from Prof. Bark, take on your rival, get all the badges, etc. You also have to stop Team Death. Team Death is pretty much a cult, trying to awaken Darkrai to put everyone in the World to sleep, and steal everyone's Pokémon and they're not afraid to kill someone in the process, they also want to use Spiritomb to scare people that are afraid of Ghosts, same with Gastly, etc. They're very Dark and Ghost type based, but they have a Pokémon they're going after far more destructive than Darkrai or Spiritomb. It's the very epitome of evil, could be considered an evil parallel to Arceus.

Features:
- New Gym Types: This game will be using type that aren't used all that often.
- New Region: Ohsai.
- New Pokémon: Some Fakémon, Some 4th and 5th Generation Pokémon.
- Elite 4/Pokémon League is being replaced by a 10 or 11 floor building for battling.
Each floor goes up by 10 levels (Ex. 1-9, 10-19, etc.)
- All 6 Forms of Rotom.
- You don't have to get the Pokédex, you can continue on with the game, however I recommend you still get it.
- Brand New form for Deoxys.
- Giratina only has its Origin Forme in this game.
- Go to 3 regions (sort of): Ohsai, parts of Hoenn, and parts of Johto.
- New TM's: Some will be changed.
- Some New Items: A few have been changed.
- The Mach Bike is now a "Hover Scooter", the Acro Bike is now a "Jetpack" I'm bringing in some science fiction.
- Lv. 1 Starters: Riolu, Zoroa, and Houndour
- New Hero/Heroine
- New Rival: Your rival's female too.
- Mild cussing: Most of it from your Rival and Team Death Leader.
- New Regional Pokédex
- New Evil Team/Bad Guys: Team Death
- All 3rd Gen and other Legendaries catchable, plus whichever, Fakémon and 4th Generation legendaries I throw in.
- Cameos of characters from Death Note.
- Cameos of Pokémon characters, possibly from the Manga, but most game characters will make an appearance.
- Return of Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic and possibly the new team from the 5th Generation games. Team Death and Galactic's confrontations may prove interesting.
- Some existing may get type additions or changes. For example, it always seemed weird to me that Sceptile never got a second type. When, both Swampert and Blaziken did. Sceptile will now be Grass/Dragon, Charizard will become Dragon instead of Flying, etc.
- A mix of Custom, HG/SS, and FR/LG tiles will be used. So, for example trees from all 3 will be used.
- All 3 of Ohsai's starter Pokémon can be caught later in the game. So, unlike the official games, it's just a matter of... which one do I want first? I can still catch the other 2 and more of my starter later.
- Due to HG/SS giving "Gold" a real name "Ethan", I'm giving Silver a real name, he's going to be called "Damion" in this, since that means "to kill", which in my opinion fits with "Silver's" personality.

Screenshots:
1.png
2.png
3.png

The 3 starters of Ohsai

4.png

Riolu's Icon; showing that icons will be made for DP Pokémon, and Fakémon.

5.png
6.png
7.png

What your first battle will look like, depending on which starter you choose.

8.png
9.png

Your rival and an example of her manners...

18.png
19.png
25.png

Examples of the first Gym Leader: Trey

28.png
29.png
30.png

31.png
32.png
33.png

34.png

Parts of Yellow City

35.png
36.png

Parts of Route 901

37.png

I figured this would be a perfect drink for Pokémon.

38.png
39.png

These are screens of Team Death, in what will be Mt. Shinigami. I still haven't gotten around to editing Mt. Moon. The way they dress, you can tell they're a weird cult.

40.png

Darghosird (Name Origin: Dark + Ghost + Bird)

41.png

The Male Hero's actual sprite.

42.png

I know it's not that great looking, but I'm proud of it, it's the first half-decent looking Intro sprite that I've done on a FireRed Hack. Also, this is showing that I'm changing around some Palletes.

Team Death Investigation HQ, plus an event.:
47.png

48.png
49.png
50.png

Some humorous dialouge, this is also parodying myself; as I have had Type 1 Diabetes for almost 10 years. Plus, come on, with all the sweets he eats, who wouldn't expect him to get a disease from it.

51.png

L's assistant, I guess.

52.png

Meeting L. You get to battle him later on or maybe before in the game, not sure yet.

53.png
54.png
55.png

L's serious about it, he wants you to keep this Giratina.

56.png
57.png
58.png

The result of him giving you Giratina.

59.png

Here's the new logo, hopefully it looks decent.

60.png

Plus, I'm de-capitalizing most of the Menu text. Ex: Pokédex, Save, Option, etc. and entire game text.

61-1.png
62.png
63.png

Examples of Pokédex text being worked on. Some entries are the actual ones. Others, are combinations of reals ones and others are ones I made up that I think may fit the Pokémon.

64.png
65.png
66.png

67.png

He's got a Lv. 3 Umbreon, which is very tough for this point in the game (If you don't train enough).

68.png

I know in the text he's referring to Giratina, but; I'm playing a Save State where I already got the Giratina from him.

69.png

L's all about Justice, so I threw in this little saying.

70.png

He's inside at that point.

71.png

This part is in Yellow City, but where does it lead to? You'll need Surf to find out.

72.png

73.png

74.png

The outside of Silver City's Gym.

75.png

Part of Silver City, view of Pokémon Center.

76.png

There isn't much to do here, so once you get Cut, you can come and capture this, this was programmed in before the L battle was. I wasn't sure where I was going to put, but now that I do know where I'm putting it, I'm revealing it.

77.png
78.png

A few more parts of Silver Village.

79.png

The end of Silver Village.

80.png

Heading on to Shinigami Path, which of course leads to Mt. Shinigami.

81.png
82.png
83.png
84.png

Some brand new sprites for Old Pokémon. Sceptile, Swampert will not be caught in the wild, that was for sprite revealing purposes only. However, the will be events in the game so you can get All previous starters.

86.png

The Male Trainer's Backsprite has finally been put into the game.

87.png
88.png

Thanks/Credits to littlebaier for the new L overworld.

89.png

What's this building, it wasn't here before. That'll be revealed in-game.

90.png

One of the houses.

91.png

Your entrance/exit in/out of here.

92.png

One of the other houses.

93.png

More looking around.

94.png

Finally start progress on the Heroine.

95.png

The Badges are currently be edited, so far only first 3 have been.
Same with the Gym Leaders.

96.png

Pallete Changes, this means possible tile changes.

97.png

The Hover Scooter, which used to be the Bike. I was serious in the first post.

98.png

If you decline the offer.

99.png

You obtaining the Scooter.

100.png
101.png
102.png

103.png

104.png

Riding on the Hover Scooter.

107.png

Item Description and picture.

105.png
106.png

A little tidbit about Shinigami.

108.png

109.png

New Custom scratch sprite for Ho-Oh and Lugia's Pallete has been re-done.

110.png

This is what the titlescreen looks like right now.

110-WhatIwantittolooklike.png

This is what I want it to look like. The DarkCopper "Logo" looks awkward to me and the Pokémon logo looks weird.

111.png

Diamond Path, which is right before Silver Village.

112.png

Entrance/Exit to Diamond Path in Silver Village.

Betas:
None

Bugs:
None, I restarted and got back to the point I was, so I've got the bugs corrected from before.

Credits:
Coolboyman: After playing Brown 2009, it gave me the will to try hacking again.
littlebaier: New L overworld(s).
Nintendo and Game Freak: For releasing and making the game this is being edited from (FireRed).
Synyster_Zeikku: Help in general.

Userbars:
HTML:
[URL]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186867][IMG]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/the_seas_of_freedom/pc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Made by: tpravetz

HTML:
[URL]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186867][IMG]i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/SSJ4_Furatman/PokmonDarkCopperSupportBar.png[/IMG][/URL]
Made by: SSJ4 Furatman

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Well the screens look pretty good. Lets hope you stick with it, but will you change the OW for the hero?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Those are some nice starters and it's interesting to see them at lvl 1 but wouldn't it be hard to beat a lvl 3 pidgey if you lose to your rival

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
Those are some nice starters and it's interesting to see them at lvl 1 but wouldn't it be hard to beat a lvl 3 pidgey if you lose to your rival
the levels in the wild would proberly be lowered

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well the screens look pretty good. Lets hope you stick with it, but will you change the OW for the hero?
I am sticking with it. I do plan to make an Overworld.

Nice idea and the best thing is that Riolu is starter :)
I'm looking forward to next updates good luck :)
And the glitch TM? That will be great even if it wasn't on purpose :D
There are no more glitches in the game, why? I started over again on a new rom and got back to the point I was before.

the levels in the wild would proberly be lowered
Yes, you're right. At least for the first few routes. Same with Trainers.

Well, here's more screenshots:
38.png

39.png

These are screens of Team Death, in what will be Mt. Shinigami. I still haven't gotten around to editing Mt. Moon.

The way they dress, you can tell they're a weird cult.

Also, I got bored yesterday, and decided I wanted to make a Fakémon. But, this Fakémon fits in with Team Death. So, here's the new Fakémon, it will be used a lot by Team Death too.

40.png

Darghosird (Name Origin: Dark + Ghost + Bird)

Finally, here's the Male Hero:
41.png

42.png

I know it's not that great looking, but I'm proud of it, it's the first half-decent looking Intro sprite that I've done on a FireRed Hack. Also, this is showing that I'm changing around some Palletes.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
Yes, the intro sprite looks like the shading hasn't been done. Same with the dark ghost fakemon, looks kinda odd to me o_o. I love the Monster energy drink though... It maybe seem a bit better for like a battle item to boost speed, but what the heck, it sounds good :)
The maps are looking good, starters are pretty decent, try to put not so much cussing if there is a lot, the storyline seems pretty cool, and I hope there are many scripts coming in here. Best luck to you, and I'm looking forward to it! And i hope cartmin can come in this hack...? lol

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Yes, the intro sprite looks like the shading hasn't been done. Same with the dark ghost fakemon, looks kinda odd to me o_o. I love the Monster energy drink though... It maybe seem a bit better for like a battle item to boost speed, but what the heck, it sounds good :)
The maps are looking good, starters are pretty decent, try to put not so much cussing if there is a lot, the storyline seems pretty cool, and I hope there are many scripts coming in here. Best luck to you, and I'm looking forward to it! And i hope cartmin can come in this hack...? lol
The intro sprite, yeah. That does lack some shading. Darghosird (the Fakémon), there's shading on it. It may be hard to see, but there is. Also, I originally intended it to look kinda strange.

Cartman may be in the hack, BUT, that would be way later.

Here's some screenshots:
43.png

Progress on the Title Screen, is coming along pretty well. I want to replace Charizard with
Darkrai and Spiritomb. So, other than adding those two, the title screen is completed.

44.png

45.png

46.png

Here's the overworld of the Male Hero, plus, if you look at areas that were previously shown. You'll notice something, no flowers. Since, it was an annoyance to most, I got rid of them. Plus, a look at the entrance of Silver Forest, which is located on Silver Path and the Silver Forest leads directly to Silver City.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've made more pallete changes and changed the grass tile.

This is one of the cameos of people not actually from Pokémon, but have a part in this game's plot. More characters, will be in the game.

Here's screenshots focusing on the Team Death Investigation HQ, plus an event.:
47.png

48.png

49.png

50.png

Some humorous dialouge, this is also parodying myself; as I have had Type 1 Diabetes for almost 10 years. Plus,
come on, with all the sweets he eats, who wouldn't expect him to get a disease from it.

51.png

L's assistant, I guess.

52.png

Meeting L. You get to battle him later on in the game.

53.png

54.png

55.png

L's serious about it, he wants you to keep this Giratina.

56.png

57.png

58.png

The result of him giving you Giratina.

The L battle is guaranteed, I have his trainer sprite already made and inserted into the game.

Last edited:

>JAVS<

Ahmm.. Updating me in PC :D!
Years
Well, there is already a hack called Pokémon DarkSteel.. It's mine.. So, I've to tell you gentelmently, change it.. Please..
--------------------------------------------------------
Greetings, >Javs<, The Pokémon DarkSteel Version creator..

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well, there is already a hack called Pokémon DarkSteel.. It's mine.. So, I've to tell you gentelmently, change it.. Please..
I don't mind changing it, but; do you even have your hack up?

Plus, it was totally random that this name was chosen. Following the format of FireRed, I choose Dark, then Steel came to mind. But, whatever. The only problem, I have with changing the name is, it'll be an annoyance to edit the "DarkSteel Version" logo on the titlescreen.

I could probably just change "Steel" to something else. Dark's in the title due to it focusing around Ghost, Dark, and other type Pokémon.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years

Well you kind of need some sort of proof that your hack has the same name

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Umm... do you think it's a good idea to have L just give you a Giratina without doin' anythin' to help him first?
Well, I've just started scripting. So, the entire event isn't done. I'm eventually gonna implement a battle or something to prove to him that you can take care of Giratina.

>JAVS<

Ahmm.. Updating me in PC :D!
Years
Yap, I'd posted my hack in another forum, I've evidence and witnesses..
About your question.. "Do you keep up your hack now?" Of course!.. My hack nowadays is in repairs graphicaly.. But I will post it here soon and post news in the other forum..
Respecting "DarkSteel logo" I can help you ;), you only have to tell me what name do you want I put.. Greetings, >Javs<!

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Yap, I'd posted my hack in another forum, I've evidence and witnesses..
About your question.. "Do you keep up your hack now?" Of course!.. My hack nowadays is in repairs graphicaly.. But I will post it here soon and post news in the other forum..
Respecting "DarkSteel logo" I can help you ;), you only have to tell me what name do you want I put.. Greetings, >Javs<!
Actually, I found a video of your hack on YouTube. So, I went and changed the name to DarkCopper. Same name concept, different name.

59.png

Here's the new logo, hopefully it looks decent.

So, everything's good now. I'll go PM, destinedjagold about name changing it.

As, for actual updates, I'm not sure when the next one will be. I will be at a party tomorrow, and after that, I'm not sure how my scheduled.

Last edited:

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
Years
Sorry... I jut figured out how to make userbars, so I've just been messing around...

Spoiler:

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Sorry... I jut figured out how to make userbars, so I've just been messing around...

Spoiler:
Well, it helps. So, I added it to the first post. Same with any Userbars that anyone would like to post.

Anyways, update time (small one):
You get the National Dex as soon as you receive the Pokédex. I just added the "special" flag to the original script for that event.

Screen time:
60.png
Plus, I'm de-capitalizing most of the Menu text. Ex: Pokédex, Save, Option, etc. and entire game text.

61-1.png

62.png

63.png

Examples of Pokédex text being worked on. Some entries are the actual ones. Others, are combinations of reals ones and others are ones I made up that I think may fit the Pokémon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back