• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid Crystal Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
Thanks. I have also another question. Where do I find out how much my Pokemon loves me? I'm gonna evolve my Golbat.
EDIT: I just found out. It's in Golderod City.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2009
I am also having the same problem as grotle323, I was in the basement and I just talked to Axel and went up the stairs. I fought the first trainer and everything got glitchy and weird so I saved and quit. I reboot it back up, and when I start the screen is just black. I am able to hit the start button and go through my pokemon and bags etc, but I cannot move and the screen just stays black):
Any help would be much appreciated!

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
Okay, I just say WOW. I have got really luck about catching legendaries. Legendaries I've catched in 1 try:
-Jirachi (Ultra Ball)
-Lugia (Ultra Ball)
-Zapdos (Master Ball)
-Latios (Ultra Ball)
This is no joke!!!

And by the way, where do I battle Regis, Ho-oH, the other Lati@s, Celebi, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, Mew and Mewtwo? :P
And how do I get to Orange Island?
And where's Red? I believe it's at Mt. Crystal, but there's a guy blocking the path!
EDIT: I think I found out I was playing Beta 2.0 :P
EDIT2: Wait, it was Beta 2.1. The intro confused me. xD

Last edited:

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
when you go down to the team rocket basement and after you take to lance and you are going the 2 passwords and when you talk to the professor he gets all glitchy and rambles a bunch of numbers and the game kinda freezes. Just wanted to report that glitch

P.S i didnt lose my save file so its just a minor bug. Great hack!

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
Me and my bro started today...I really enjoyed playing this hack...

But...

After a certain point, dunno exactly when...

Whenever we checked the summary of our pokemon, the screen just went BLACK, and the game had to be reset, this is annoying especially since it meant that we couldn't learn ANY move onto our pets, including HMs.

We are currently using the newest version on no$gba 2.6a or something.
Is this a glitch only with no$gba or what!?

We were using no$gba because of the 10% disaster setting which makes the game speed around 300-700% which I'm pretty sure is not possible with VBA.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's possible to speed up VBA when you hold the Space button.
That's really well known :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Jare jare... No$GBA isn't suitable for hacks. Use VBA

when you go down to the team rocket basement and after you take to lance and you are going the 2 passwords and when you talk to the professor he gets all glitchy and rambles a bunch of numbers and the game kinda freezes. Just wanted to report that glitch
I think this was already reported... at least by me

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
I know, but it seemed like 3n3rGyZ didn't know.

It goes up to like 400%. I don't think that's barely... Well, IF you wanna avoid those glitches, I would use VBA... It's the best choice.

Thanks mate.

I just downgraded from 1.8.0 beta to like 1.6a and that increased speed by like 300% itself...AWESOME =P

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
You simply can't catch it yet, i'm pretty sure you or someone else asked and I said that. Regularly you caught it in that Safari-like thing after Goldenrod, but that competition is not active in this beta.

I have 2 suggestions for you:
1. Take a FR rom if you have one (I bet you do cause you play that game through IPS lol), and take your SAV file there (AKA, if your Liquid Crystal's sav is named 'liquidcrystal.sav', turn it into 'firered.sav' or w/e your FR rom is called).
Now either go catch it there or trade it from another FR save if you have one.
IMPORTANT: ONLY SAVE THE GAME, WHEN SWITCHING IT INTO FR OR BACK TO LC, IN A POKEMON CENTER IN KANTO, WHICH IS IN A FLYABLE CITY. Or else you won't be able to get out and it'll get messy. It might be messy anyways, but just get out of the door and get back in.

2. Wait for beta 3, link confirmed you'd be able to trade there anyways, and I bet he'll implement the competition there so you could catch it anyways.

Edit:
Link, I also have a question to you for you, if you don't mind I ask - how long will beta 3 go for, in terms of the cities/gyms in Orange?

beta 3 will be the complete hack. the one to follow will be the final if needed.

linkandzlda my game froze when I was in saffaron city basment of team static where zeal told something and i whent to my pokemon swithed herracross for cacturne
and it froze

hmm. that seems like a bug i didnt know of. thanks.

With me, it hatched from the first egg I got from the Day-Care Man. You will get one for free, without raising Pokemon there.

Hey, I got a question. What happens if I delete Whirpool? How do I get it back?

you can buy it again at goldenrod mart :P

P.S i didnt lose my save file so its just a minor bug. Great hack!

thanks i know this one too lol.

I know, but it seemed like 3n3rGyZ didn't know.

It goes up to like 400%. I don't think that's barely... Well, IF you wanna avoid those glitches, I would use VBA... It's the best choice.

it goes up to the maximum speed your comp can handle. if you have a slow comp it wont go up that much.

link

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
Hey LaZ, thanks for making this hack. That Goldenrod music brings back sooo many memories. xD

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
beta 3 will be the complete hack. the one to follow will be the final if needed.
Uhh, quite sad and delighting at the same time o:
Umm, will the final version (whether it's beta 3 or another one if you'll make it) have a fully functional Unown system? That doesn't necessarily mean an Unown Dex, just all the puzzles and secret rooms (I guessed it's not complete currently right away when I saw you can't catch Ho-oh).

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2009
Awesome hack. The nostalgia is great, but the new features add some unexpected twists to it.

A quick question: I know that Poochyena are found on Route 29 from the Location FAQ, but how often? I've been looking for some time, and haven't found one...

Oh, and what's up with me not being able to save my game normally?

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
Oh, and what's up with me not being able to save my game normally?
On your VBA, choose Options ---> Emulator ---> Save Type ---> Flash 128K. If you use the VBA's method to save, your save file will corrupt! And you have to save in normal way or you won't get past the leauge.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2009
On your VBA, choose Options ---> Emulator ---> Save Type ---> Flash 128K. If you use the VBA's method to save, your save file will corrupt! And you have to save in normal way or you won't get past the leauge.

I did that (see my previous post).

In the "Save Type" menu, there are two sections that aren't blanked out for me. The top one has EEPROM, Flash, etc. in it, and I was guided to select "Flash" by a tutorial. The bottom one has "Flash 64K" and "Flash 128K" in it, and I selected "Flash 128K". That didn't work, so I tried using the rest of the options in the top menu with "Flash 128K". That didn't work either (not even with the "None" type selected). I always get the message "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory." Whatever that means.

So I'm kinda stuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back