The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Destrozone Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Destrozone

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedkieron View Post
What do you think of these ones?
I wanna be the king of sprites so if this isn't so good I can make new ones :D
No offense, but you are far from being king:
1. Always save your sprites in .PNG. JPEG destroys everything that is pixellated.
2. Your fusions should have parts that BLEND together.
3. Try to put together fusions that have pieces that work better together (for example, if a pokemon has 2 legs/arms, try to fuse it with other 2 legged/armed pokemon. This avoids confusion.
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
KieronGames
May be more active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrozone View Post
No offense, but you are far from being king:
1. Always save your sprites in .PNG. JPEG destroys everything that is pixellated.
2. Your fusions should have parts that BLEND together.
3. Try to put together fusions that have pieces that work better together (for example, if a pokemon has 2 legs/arms, try to fuse it with other 2 legged/armed pokemon. This avoids confusion.
thanx for the advice I know im far from becoming king these are my first 4 sprites I have ever made
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:43 AM
Vednix
:D

Nature: Docile
Hm. ok, if the rocket feet are supposed to be like that, thn you might as well leave it. It just looked odd to me. Perhaps you should give a name to this eeveelution? i mean, what's it's type?
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:54 AM
Vednix

Here are 6 fusions that I made. I will put a little description with each.

This is a fusion of charmander and bayleef. The only charmander part fs the tail, so it's not too brilliant. Becuase it has a fire tail, I made the green bits at the neck and the leaf fire like to match.

I named this one Chicoquil for obvious reasons. I'd been chucking this one around for a while, making more and more versions. I thknk this is the final one, but I might change the fire colour.

This has to be my pride and joy. I spent about an hour on this making it perfect and I love it to bits. It is named Luxeon.

Has to be my worst fusion ever. I posted this up for the sake of how bad it is.

When I did this one, it didn't come out to bad. It is a fusion of Happiny (I think) and Sentret.

THis one was a little odd :/. It's a fusion of espeon and teddiursa.
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:49 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Here are two fusions.

Ralchomp

Rayswoxys JPEG format.

I hope you like 'em all!
Old July 31st, 2009, 07:46 AM
Artonkn
Sup.
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Jolly
Thanks, next i think i'll recolour Blazcario and make another fusion.
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:11 AM
Vednix

In reply to the above post:

Please save as PNG! When uploading as a bitmap, it can give them the quality of a JPEG (if your using photobucket). I tend to copy sprites onto paint so i can see them up close, and ti doesnt work with JPEG becuase the pixels are all over the place and it looks horrible, so save as PNG
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:25 AM
Shaymin&TorchicKeeper
Torchic! Let's Fight! Ha!

Hi
Can you say how you made a moving fusion pokémon

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:44 AM
Vednix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaymin&TorchicKeeper View Post
Hi
Can you say how you made a moving fusion pokémon

?
Moving fusion pokemon?
Elaborate.
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Jesus of Suburbia
I Wrote Holden Caulfield

Nature: Calm
Hmmm. Probably Ghost/Poison. It just looks like those types. I fixed the rocket's feet and will definately have more shtuff today.
She's really up on things
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:54 PM
FireTears
Animator and Artist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FireTears
Most of your sprites are fusions and recolours, I don't see any sprites here scratched by yourself. Fusions aren't allowed in your sprite thread, you post them in the Fusions Sprite showcase thread.

I see you don't take the time to redo the shading on your revamps nor do you take the time to reshade the outlines. You use too much black in the outlines. Same aplies to the recolours, recolour the outlines.

The black recolours are disgustingly dark x.x No sprites use such dark shades of black. They use a dark grey for the highlights and a darker gray for the shading. Never use pure black when shading.

Best thing to do is to observe official Pokemon sprites
Old August 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM
Jesus of Suburbia
I Wrote Holden Caulfield

Now your really pissing me off. I do recolor the outlines. I have't found the time to do any scratches. I do tak time to shade my revamp, exception with Karen's hair which I could not make work. And lastly, the only sprite that I used pure black on is the Clair recolor and the MissingNo. revamp becuz that's how they colored in g/s/c and I couldn't find the right color so I used the color just below black. Spriting expert my ass.

End, Zack

Last edited by Jesus of Suburbia; August 1st, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old August 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
FireTears
Animator and Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFIIB View Post
Now your really pissing me off. I do recolor the outlines. I have't found the time to do any scratches. I do tak time to shade my revamp, exception with Karen's hair which I could not make work. And lastly, the only sprite that I used pure black on is the Clair recolor and the MissingNo. revamp becuz that's how they colored in g/s/c and I couldn't find the right color so I used the color just below black. Spriting expert my ass.

End, Zack
No, you don't recolour the outlines. recolouring doesn't just mean to replace one solid color with another, you also have to add colors as well. if one sprite's hair is black and you recolour it green, you also have to recolour the dark black outline with a darker shade of green. Your shading still needs work. You understand lighting, but you don't understand perspective and the Pokemon style (shading is really hard to explain, like I said, observe Pokemon sprites). And even if you don't use pure black, the black shades are still too dark. Check Houndoom and shiny charizard for instance.

Quote:
I used pure black on is the Clair recolor and the MissingNo. revamp becuz that's how they colored in g/s/c
If you say to take the time to recolour them, then you also must know that you have to forget the idea of how they colored it and recolor within the black.

Example of what I mean. Compare them.

btw, I rushed on these so they don't look as good, but gives you an idea of what i mean. Also, I have no idea what Clair wears, so don't say anything about her clothing.

Quote:
Spriting expert my ass.
If you don't appreciate criticism, then don't post your sprites. You cannot possibly expect praise everytime you post artwork. A real artist takes the advice and try to improve.

Also, you have no right to post if you don't follow rules. Fusions are not allowed to be posted here.

Last edited by FireTears; August 1st, 2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old August 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Jesus of Suburbia
I Wrote Holden Caulfield

I do appreciate criticism, it's just that you were wrong. About most everything.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:34 AM
Vednix

well, to be honest TFIIB, he is right.

You should never make a whole outline using black, or else the shading doesn't really work with it. I take this for instance:

You clearly have black outlines at the top. look closer.

You say you revamp G/S/C sprites, but that doesn't mean you keep the same shading in places. even though in G/S/C they have black outline around it, your revamping to D/P or FR/LG standard, so you want the shading to be much like the shading of FR/LG or D/P standards. so black outlines all aroudn is a big no no. So you want darker shades of the base colour around the top and in other places. I'm no expert, but that's how they should look.

Also, don't have a go at somebody who is trying to help with making your sprites better. As FT said, don't expect tons and tons of praise for your sprites, instead, expect critisism and try to improve on your sprites. Then, you get the praise, much like FT does. So there. Take into account what people say about your sprites, and that'll give you room to improve.

Also, he is right about fusions. they should go in the Fusions sticky.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Wow TFIIB, you sure are being rude to someone who is offering assistance. If you can't recognise the genuine criticism of your work, and even worse, can't accept it, then you probably shouldn't show your work to anyone.

Anyway, these are pretty much just fusions and recolours, and there's already a sticky for that, so I'll be merging this thread with it.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:24 AM
Vednix

good idea Amachi, we could do wihtout the clutter of threads for fusions.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PBFHDude

Comments?

Click to go to my sprite thread

Awesome pic by ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Jesus of Suburbia
I Wrote Holden Caulfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTears View Post

You. Don't. Get. It. Clair is in g/s/c style. Not fr/lg, Not d/p, g/s/c. Clair should not - not - look like that. Compare, Compare.PNG. I used << that to recolor Clair, official g/s/c sprites use plain black, and I did not intend to revamp it. Sure you made Karen better, but I admitted it wuz horrible anyway, enough said. You screwed up Manaphy. When recoloring, you don't use colors that aren't from the sprite your recoloring to. Doesn't that make sense?? Also, I had no clue that you meant I didn't recolor the outlines on those, but who cares, three little sprites out of how many??
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vednix View Post

I named this one Chicoquil for obvious reasons. I'd been chucking this one around for a while, making more and more versions. I thknk this is the final one, but I might change the fire colour.

This has to be my pride and joy. I spent about an hour on this making it perfect and I love it to bits. It is named Luxeon.
These are my two favorites i like the way all the shading fits and the fusion is very smooth.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
FireTears
Animator and Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFIIB View Post
You. Don't. Get. It. Clair is in g/s/c style. Not fr/lg, Not d/p, g/s/c. Clair should not - not - look like that. Compare, Attachment 48454. I used << that to recolor Clair, official g/s/c sprites use plain black, and I did not intend to revamp it. Sure you made Karen better, but I admitted it wuz horrible anyway, enough said. You screwed up Manaphy. When recoloring, you don't use colors that aren't from the sprite your recoloring to. Doesn't that make sense?? Also, I had no clue that you meant I didn't recolor the outlines on those, but who cares, three little sprites out of how many??
I apologize about the Clair sprite, I thought at first you intended on doing a revamp of her (I don't play the old games nor do I look at the sprites much). And I thought you said you don't have the time to scratch sprites?

Quote:
When recoloring, you don't use colors that aren't from the sprite your recoloring to.
But that is what a recolour is. You change the colors of a sprite to a new color and replace the shades.

And those 3 sprites were only examples of what I mean, there were others that the rules applied to as well. I don't intend to totally redo all your sprites you know.

Last edited by FireTears; August 2nd, 2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Some one plz comment on this one.
Be as cruel as u want i just need some crit.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Vednix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFHDude View Post

Some one plz comment on this one.
Be as cruel as u want i just need some crit.
Hm. the lighting is comgin from two places places. on the body its coming from the front. on the tail it's coming form the back. other than that, an excellent fusion.

THanks for commenting on my sprites PBFHDude. Anything I can improve?
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:05 AM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vednix View Post
Hm. the lighting is comgin from two places places. on the body its coming from the front. on the tail it's coming form the back. other than that, an excellent fusion.

THanks for commenting on my sprites PBFHDude. Anything I can improve?
The only problem i can c is that on some of the fusions the tails dont look attached properly and of course the squirtledon but u sed u put it there for the sake of badness.

Thanks for the comment i'll go sort the shading out now.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Jesus of Suburbia
I Wrote Holden Caulfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTears View Post
I apologize about the Clair sprite, I thought at first you intended on doing a revamp of her (I don't play the old games nor do I look at the sprites much). And I thought you said you don't have the time to scratch sprites?

But that is what a recolour is. You change the colors of a sprite to a new color and replace the shades.

And those 3 sprites were only examples of what I mean, there were others that the rules applied to as well. I don't intend to totally redo all your sprites you know.
Oh, srry then. Well I learned that you don't replace the shades. I guess everyone haz a different way of doing things. What do you mean?? I didn't do a scratch sprite, if your reffering to the reocket then that's a g/s/c sprite.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here