The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist

Advertise here

PS, A new demo is now available. Version 0.3b. Please send me comments on glitches or any other feedback.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BP2AYJN

Announcing, Pokemon Pyrite, a brand new game using Poccil's Pokemon Essentials Script for RPG Maker XP.

Storyline: A young boy by the name of Silver decides to join the ranks of Team Rocket. In order to become a Team Rocket member, Silver had to choose one of three genetically engineered Pokemon to defeat a Team Rocket officer. Upon defeating the officer, Silver is granted membership, and must aid Giovanni in taking over the region of Kyushu. The Kyushu region is directly west of Johto, and later in the game, Silver will need to venture there on missions. You will learn of Silver's origin as the game progresses.

Intro Quest: You begin within the Team Rocket Headquarters in the Kyushu region where you select 1 of 3 kanto pokemon that had been genetically engineered. After you select a Pokemon, you are sent to the town of Selentear to steal a Kyushu region starter. They are Pinino, Tanuchi, and Skiddlish. After you steal a pokemon, you are challenged by Red, who tells you that stealing is wrong and battles you. After you kick his ass, you go back to the headquarters to inform the commandant of your progress. You later find out that Giovanni still works for Team Rocket and wants to speak to you after you obtain your first gym badge. This is the basic intro, more will be announced as progress develops.

~New Region featuring 100 custom Pokemon, created by my sprite artist Rocko-the-Taco on DeviantArt.

~Custom Starter Pokemon, Pinino, Tanuchi, Skiddlish. Grass, Fire, and Water respectively.

~A Bug Catching Contest, same as in PkmnGSC

~Custom Evoutions, Evolution by unhappiness, by item held and leveling (without consuming the item )

~All 493 pokemon will be in the game, plus custom pokemon leaving a grand total of 545.

~Partial Kanto and Johto regions will be in the game.

Screenshots:

Youtube Videos:
Demo Vid Part 1~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0J_rLc_iSc

Demo Vid Part 2~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFs2fra9_w

I will post a demo up on megaupload hopefully by the end of July, for those who want to play it. I have programmed up to the second gym leader. It has a total of about 2:30 if you speed run w/out leveling. Hope you like it.

~New Pokemon in the game:
494-Sannec Ground 495-Servune Ground-Evolves from Sannec 496-Skeletank Ground/Fighting-Evolves from Marowak
497-Fabricat'd Fighting/Flying-Evolves from Farfetch'd 498-Spectreon Ghost-Evolves from Eevee when unhappy
499-Pernade Grass/Fire 500-Althund Normal, Semi-Legendary 501-Hammole Ground
502-Miamole Ground/Fire, Evolves from Hammole 503-Pinino Grass, Starter 504-Appoiera Grass/Fighting, Evolves from Pinino
505-Pinhombre Grass/Fighting, Evolves from Appoiera 506-Tanuchi Fire, Starter 507-Tanorchi Fire, Evolves from Tanuchi
508-Tanukula Fire, Evolves from Tanorchi 509-Skiddlish Water, Starter 510-Kuttler Water, Evolves from Skiddlish
511-Krakapten Water, Evolves from Kuttler 512-Puffish Water/Poison, Evolves from Qwilfish 513-Buzzkaw Normal/Flying
514-Condire Normal/Flying, Evolves from Buzzkaw 515-Vultame Psychic/Flying, Evolves from Buzzkaw under special conditions
516-Amphugly Water/Poison 517-Keroking Water, Evolves from Amphugly518-Pumkid Ghost/Grass
519-Jakolan Ghost/Grass, Evolves from Pumkid 520-Kerope Psychic, Mew Equivilant 521-Valhallow Ghost/Fighting
522-Calfarce Normal, Evolves into Miltank/Tauros depending on gender 523-Gyrobe Electric, Evolves from Electrode with Stabilizer
524-Loukace Bug525-Pyrant Bug/Fire, Evolves from Loukace 526-Burnant Bug/Fire, Evolves from Pyrant
527-Pupple Grass 528-Wolvern Grass/Dark, Evolves from Pupple 529-Werevine Grass/Dark, Evolves from Wolvern
530-Amnest Dark, Evolves from Absol when unhappy 531-Ourobore Normal/Dragon, Evolves from Dunsparce under special conditions
532-Pricthos Water/Rock 533-Icthorn Water/Rock, Evolves from Pricthos 534-Chemur Normal
535-Desindri Normal, Evolves from Chemur 536-Peafruit Grass/Flying 537-Peaflaunt Grass/Flying, Evolves from Peafruit
538-Kumorisu Electric/Flying, Evolves from Pachirisu under special conditions. 539-Kubluhkhan Norman, Evolves into Kangaskhan when happy.
540-Absent, prevolution of Absol, evolves when happy. 541-Steevia, Grass/Normal 542-Gambelie, Electric/Psychic
543-Zephereon, Flying, Evolves from Eevee when unhappy

Note: These are not the final #'s for the Pokemon, I have just been adding them as I go along.'

Support Bars:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ritepinino.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...eskiddlish.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...itetanuchi.png

Awards given:

Last edited by thepsynergist; March 21st, 2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Demo is now at the top of the thread for easy location.
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Fail-Z
Yeah, I'm a profile buzzard.XD

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Fail-Z
This looks great! Good luck. Want me to make you a userbar or a support bar? For proof of my work look at the userbars in my sig. I made all of them =) Just send me a reply in a PM I guess XD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Fail-Z; June 25th, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:40 PM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
I would, but I was just going to base the user bar off of the title, if you want to do that, Ill credit you! :D
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:57 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

Cool you get to be part of team rocket I always wanted to play
the bad guy it gets boring playing the hero all the time.
The screen shots and videos look great cant wait to play good luck
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
...My game is called Pokémon Pyrite D: Urgh, I suppose that I should've posted it or someone would steal it's name.

Well anyway, this looks pretty nice. The starter fakemon need a little work, mostly on their hightlights and a bit more contrast between shades. But it also clashes with Pokémon Acanthite, who also follow the story of Kamon/Silver. I don't suppose it matters much, it's just interesting to see that you have Silver JOINING the team which in GSC, he hates. I will wait to see your explanation as this game progresses. Good luck.
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
thepsynergist

I googled the name and looks for days, and found nothing, so I figured it was fair game. The reason behind the name is because Pyrite is Fool's Gold. Perfect for a character from the GSC series. It also kinda gives away the plot, so I won't spoil you. Sorry, bud.
Old June 26th, 2009, 03:24 AM
kaijerem
Beginning Trainer

good luck for your project
Old June 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Looks nice, mate. i love the backsprite.
Old June 26th, 2009, 12:03 PM
thepsynergist

you can thank my sprite artist, he even made the full charset of silver himself, all i gave him was a front sprite.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
R-Taco
Beginning Trainer

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait...

Hammole eez not ze fighting-type! There's a few other mixed-up types as well (Miamole, Peafruit, Peaflaunt, Amphugly, Pricthios, & Icthorn).
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Fail-Z
Yeah, I'm a profile buzzard.XD

Send a message via AIM to Fail-Z
You havent been on in awhile... your own website I guess? XD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
thepsynergist

I haven't been on for a while because I am doing lots of stuff, and this site is really internet intensive. I still have dialup so expect me to check up and update this page prolly once a week.

Edit: Hammole is the ground type and Miamole is ground/fire, sorry for the confusion...

Speaking of which, here's this weeks update. I am currently one route away from the 3rd gym leader in terms of map making and pokemon appearances, trainers and such. The gym leaders are as follows:

First Gym-Rock Leader: Janie
Pokemon: GEODUDE Lvl 11
SHUCKLE, Lvl 12
LARVITAR Lvl 14

More later as i post it.

Old July 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
thepsynergist

All right, its been a week since I have last updated the project. I just want to say that currently i am at the 3rd gym leader in my game. I have about 3 hours of gameplay at the moment if you hurry and don't train. So, I think this game will be worth playing. Now on to the update.

~Music:
Most of the music is complete. I plan to host the soundtrack on megaupload when I sort out which i believe should be in my game. All were composed by me in FL Studio 8. They are remixes of the older pokemon music, mostly from Gen II. Gen III is used, but the majority is second Gen.

~New Pokemon
I have some more pokemon that I have further implemented.
-Kubluhkhan, Prevo to Kangaskhan. Sprites are up on my DeviantART account name: thepsynergist.

~Deeper Storyline.
Currently I have Silver, whom has lost his memory after his escape from the Mask of Ice. He wants to work for Team Rocket, so he enlists and quickly becomes an officer. After he captures Celebi for Giovanni, Silver is asked to train somemore. He meets Lance after the 2nd Gym Battle and he tells Silver that he knows about the Mask of Ice and about Silver's past. He agrees to tell Silver after he gets his 3rd gym badge. When he goes en route to the 3rd gym town, he runs into Blue and Green who begin to tell him about who the Mask of Ice is, and asks for his help. Silver finally agrees after Green presurres him. He learns that Red has had his memory erased as well, and that is the reason that he has been hated by Red ever since the insident at Selentear Village, home of the 3 kyushu starter Pokemon. Green doesn't like this, but Blue is understanding. She understands that Silver would want to be with Team Rocket. Silver soon learns that the Mask of Ice, head of Neo Team Rocket, is going to be at civil war with the original Team Rocket, headed by Giovanni. Silver tells Blue and Green that he will help them, but continue to aid the original Team Rocket, so not to draw suspicion. Currently this is the progress I have made since last I made an adiquate update.

I hope this is a good update, I will continue to update as more progress is made. Please continue to support Pokemon Pyrite.

Old July 13th, 2009, 10:34 PM
thepsynergist

Update- July 13

~I'm in the process of making the gyms more interactive, sort of like Pokemon Platinum did.
~Fully animated Pokemon Center, the pokeballs on the healing station count one by one, rather than all at once like before, plus the PC's glow on when used.
~In the process of creating the battle animations...gezz why hasn't anyone else done this...?

Like I said before a demo will be available by the end of July.

Old July 13th, 2009, 11:42 PM
spritegage
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
1This game is great.. the starter fakemon are odd though...
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:22 PM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
The day and night feature impresses me. But then again, I get impressed easily.

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
spritegage
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
I just saw the 1st demo. Its not bad. I think the team rocket thing is great, finally, not a pokemon trainer! My new game is surely not about trainers. Its cool you can play a villain.

Cant wait to see the game!
Old July 21st, 2009, 09:29 AM
thepsynergist

Tuesday Update:
July 21, 2009

~Fixed the fishing animations, now the fishing sprite changes depending on your facing.
~Finished about 1/8 of all the battle animations.
~The soundtrack, composed by me, is finally complete.
~Mask of Ice overworld sprite finally complete.

The demo of the game will be posted by the end of the month as promised. I will put either a megaupload or some other site for upload.

Old July 31st, 2009, 10:07 PM
thepsynergist

Update July 31, 2009

~Demo Version 0.1a now available for download. See first post for details. Scroll down to bottom of post to go to download links.

Old July 31st, 2009, 10:56 PM
hamguy4456
Heracross fanatic

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to hamguy4456
Wow, this looks great! The backsprite for silver looks really good! I also like how you put the sunglasses on squirtle, very clever.
Looks like it's gonna be a great game, and you're progressing pretty quickly it seems. Good luck
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:46 AM
R-Taco
Beginning Trainer

Great! But a deteailed explanation on how to get the dang thing to run is needed, badly. It's been a real headache trying to figure it out.

EDIT: Ah, here we go. You need WinRAR installed to do this.

-One you've downloaded all 3 parts, open any one of them up and open the "Pokemon Pyrite" folder.
-There should be 3 files in there: "Audio" (we'll use this later), "Pokemon Pyrite.exe", and "ReadMe.txt". Click and drag "Pokemon Pyrite.exe" onto your desktop.
-Once it's on your desktop, double click on it and click "OK". This will create a new folder called "Pokemon Pyrite" on your desktop. To make explaining this easier, re-name this new folder "PP Folder".
-Remember how I told you we'd use that "Audio" file later? Click and drag it into "PP Folder".
-Open up "PP Folder".
-Double click on "Game", and enjoy!

Last edited by R-Taco; August 1st, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM
thepsynergist

These instructions should be easy enough. If you have trouble downloading winrar, just click the 32 bit English version. Download and run. Notice there are 3 parts to the game. Just double click any of them and extract. They will all extract together. After that, place the Audio folder inside the folder that you extracted. Make sure to place the folder where it it has a file with an extention .rgssd or something like that. It should run fine.

Also if you want the fonts to work, either copy paste them into your fonts folder in your system folder, or run the game as an admin if you use Vista.

Last edited by thepsynergist; August 1st, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
R-Taco
Beginning Trainer

Is it just me, or did you move some of our new guys to earlier in the game for the demo?
Old August 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
thepsynergist

Its just you, I planned for them to appear as they did.

Old August 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
blademan12
Beginning Trainer

quick question can this game be played on a GBA emulator for psp?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here