• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkCopper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
This is a great hack, like the concept of the Ghost pokemon with team death, it fits really good (no sht). Im not as critical and I quite like the screenies.

By the way if you do enter chinpokemon, dont enter shoe, that would just be weird. I don;t know who made that thing up in South Park (its is funny tho)
Yeah, I know, if a Chinpokomon is going in it's either Lambtron, Pengin or Roostor, things that actually could look like Pokémon, kinda. But, I'm still not even sure if one is going in yet. Thanks, glad you like the hack/ideas.

Screens (for the [who knows how much]th time):
94.png

Finally start progress on the Heroine.

95.png

The Badges are currently be edited, so far only first 3 have been.
Same with the Gym Leaders.

96.png

Pallete Changes, this means possible tile changes.

97.png

The Hover Scooter, which used to be the Bike. I was serious in the first post.

98.png

If you decline the offer.

99.png

You obtaining the Scooter.

100.png

101.png

102.png

103.png

104.png

Riding on the Hover Scooter.

107.png

Item Description and picture.

105.png

106.png

A little tidbit about Shinigami.

Originally, there were supposed to be trainers here; but, that didn't end up happening, since the made the Menu glitchy in this Path.

Also, Mt. Shinigami will start the trend of you being given a starter from the official games, by random people in random locations, Mt. Shinigami's is a Bug Catcher.

Finally, I've decided that Beta 1 will go to the 3rd Gym Leader. BUT, I'm not sure when I'll have a Beta ready...

Also, I know its my hack, but on the first page I went and made a supporter bar. Its got the Male Trainer, Female Trainer, Riolu, Smoochum, Houndour, Omegsekt (Bug Type Legendary Fakémon) and Darghosird on it.

Omegsekt's name origin is this: Omega: In this case Ultimate, great, etc. + Insekt:German for insect.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I like Hover Scooter, but you can try improving your Maps 'cause they look kinda empty to what I've saw in the screens.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Well, For the first beta I'll leave 'em the same, if people still find them too empty, I'll go redo them a bit.

As the first post says, there is no Elite 4 anymore.

-------------------------------------

Well, updates, whoo:

108.png

109.png

New Custom scratch sprite for Ho-Oh and Lugia's Pallete has been re-done.

110.png

This is what the titlescreen looks like right now.

110-WhatIwantittolooklike.png

This is what I want it to look like. The DarkCopper "Logo" looks awkward to me and the Pokémon logo looks weird.

111.png

Diamond Path, which is right before Silver Village.

112.png

Entrance/Exit to Diamond Path in Silver Village.

So, this means everything up to Mt. Shinigami is done, whoo hoo.

I've also finally added in Darghosird's Backsprite.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Nice title screen and the hover scooter looks cool
looking forward to the release good luck

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I'm not gonna update for about a day or two, I've been editing this non-stop since I've started it. So, I'm taking break for a day.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
110-WhatIwantittolooklike.png

Use that start screen or I won't play, serously.(But, meh, Its not like I would anyway)

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
The game is really coming together, and fast! I can't wait to test out a beta. Lucky for me I signed up to do that. And yeah, that's fine taking a break. If you work too much, and too hard, you might burn yourself and this hack out. I take constant breaks, but I don't do much anyway :).

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well, here it is; the first beta:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vntojztjfny

Arcelio did his job well of Beta testing. He was able to point out a bug I never even bothered to check (which is now moved to the side) since it was a battle that caused it.

He also informed me of a BAG glitch, it wasn't in my game, so it's up to you guys to see if this glitch is in your games too.

Also, read the readme, it's there for a reason.

egaro

DarkDoom is pawned!!!!
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
hey why does it freeze after the pokedex cut scene?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I too am having trouble after obtaining the Pokedex.

Also the Yellow City Gym is identical to the Viridian City Gym.

Trey says TM39 is Extreme Speed but it's still Rock Tomb.

The game messes up after you get into any sort of battle in Mt Shinigami.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
hey why does it freeze after the pokedex cut scene?
Huh, I'm not sure. I never had that problem.

I too am having trouble after obtaining the Pokedex.

Also the Yellow City Gym is identical to the Viridian City Gym.

Trey says TM39 is Extreme Speed but it's still Rock Tomb.

The game messes up after you get into any sort of battle in Mt Shinigami.
I'm well aware Yellow City's Gym is still exactly the same.

I know, but the previous rom I was originally doing this on created a glitch TM in place of 39, so I'm waiting till later to actually edit that.

Wait, so it freezes right after you get the Pokédex?
God, the IPS seems to be creating glitches that weren't originally there.

The only one you mentioned was the Mt. Shinigami glitch that seems to exist on my rom. The other two were just me not getting around to editing them yet.

It looks like the Bug Catcher that gives you Treecko is the cause of the Mt. Shinigami glitch. Yep, he is.

When I make some corrections, I'll get out 1.1.

Changes that'll be in 1.1:
TM39 is now ExtremeSpeed as said in the dialouge.
You can enter Mt. Shinigami with no problems. All you can do in there as of right now, is catch wild Pokémon.

Last edited:

egaro

DarkDoom is pawned!!!!
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
k well i hope you can fix it cause i love the main idea of it so far it just really made me mad when i couldnt get the pokedex =P

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
You must like Death Note... L,Mt. Shinigami... and now L's diabetic... Poor him, no more cake! :p
Yep, I do. A lot. He can still get cake, but now he'll have to cover himself from now on.

OH EM GEE I can't open the IPS File you've posted, Furatman! It's annoying! I hope you update Beta 1 to Beta v.1.1 ASAP.
What, the site? Well, I might as well upload 1.1 onto the first post. But, I'm not done with 1.1.

I don't know if someone's reported it but after ya deliver the parcel to professor dude... and rival went away the game freeze
Yeah, it's been reported.

But, I'm taking another break. My computer's been laggy and I'm kinda in a Hacker's Block (Writer's Block but for hacking, I know that's a lame way to put it).

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2010
This hack looks really cool! Looking forward to it!

I like your ideas of having riolu and houndour as one of the starters choices!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back