The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Old August 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Advertise here
I get a break from traveling for today to watch this episode. The idiots at Cartoon Network decided to crop this episode, allegedly. But with new opening scenes from High Touch that make the opening more bearable we can all blame some executive on Cartoon Network cropping. Let's just hope for DVD releases are in the correct format as well as Blu-ray. Someday. So much for that HD channel CN since you don't air anything in HD these days. Why does this forum suck so much? I digress.

Anyway, Our Heroes stumble upon a lonely Snover who they quickly befriend. Team Rocket spot this Snover and want to capture it for the berries (Snowballs) that grow from it. Will Our Heroes be able to protect it?

This episode's plot is pretty damn boring.

Edit: For the obvious reason of profanity. I understand your frustration, but "idiot" is a less debasing G-rated/multi-purpose term. Besides, the CN execs aren't worth the grief.

-Charaxes

Last edited by Charaxes; August 28th, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:08 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
Definitely the most memorable (scratch that, only memorable) part of this episode is Grotle. At least they did something right by giving him a CMOA, and keeping it.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina of Never-Turn-Back View Post
Definitely the most memorable (scratch that, only memorable) part of this episode is Grotle. At least they did something right by giving him a CMOA, and keeping it.
Someone goes on tv tropes as well as I see. :D

Yeah, Grotle's Rock Climb up a valley was actually really cool.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

It did cross my mind how he learned a HM move by assumed level-up, though I guess that's anime logic for ya... and yep, TV Tropes is awesome.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
I think it's really cool TPCI updated the opening with High Touch! scenes. I thought the episode was good, too. LOL at Dawn tripping... Grotle also had his fair share of awesomeness. Anyways, the music and sound quality has really been increased. It's definitely a lot clearer. The general picture quality is also better. TPCI used one of my favorite pieces when Grotle learned Rock Climb(It actually sounds like they remixed it), so that made me happy as well.

Fun episode. :D

Last edited by Blue_Drifblim; August 22nd, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Trap-Eds
Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Just watched this on the 'Tube...YouTube, that is. Pretty good episode. But what I wanna know is, what da heck happened to all the snow??!! And speaking of snow, shouldn't snover's name be pronounced "snuvver?" :O
Oh, well. Rating: 7/10. Would've been 8, but Snowveer's voice annoyed me. xP

Quote:
I think it's really cool TPCI updated the opening with High Touch! scenes. I thought the episode was good, too. Anyways, the music and sound quality has really been increased. It's definitely a lot clearer.
I liked that they updated the theme song with the scenes, but the pictures didn't really flow with the song. It was more like a fan's first attempt at a powerpoint AMV. :O
:cer_boogie:
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

But...why did they bother to change the opening video but show the episode in fullscreen? >_> What was the point? At least they switched it to High Touch! scenes, it at least looks a lot better now, even if the scene changes every 2 seconds. How they cut the scene with Ash, Dawn and Brock into 2 parts at the end just looks weird. Oh well, it's much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDCS82FPpMg "New" opening
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Snover is a combination of 'snow' and 'rover', which would make the two words connect at the 'oh' sound. So it's pronounced Snow-vur. And I wasn't very pleased with the new openings either; it's nice they used High Touch scenes, and the deal at the beginning with the team view in different places was pretty good (and more J, of course), it didn't really fit very well at all.

I never really liked that Team Galactic group shot, either.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
Jmath
*blank*

Send a message via Skype™ to Jmath
No more annoying Pokemon cries? Awesome. The opening is already 10x times better.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Riggzyd
Pokemon Master

Who thinks Grotle should have evolved in this one?
Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post
I think it's really cool TPCI updated the opening with High Touch! scenes. I thought the episode was good, too. LOL at Dawn tripping... Grotle also had his fair share of awesomeness. Anyways, the music and sound quality has really been increased. It's definitely a lot clearer. The general picture quality is also better. TPCI used one of my favorite pieces when Grotle learned Rock Climb(It actually sounds like they remixed it), so that made me happy as well.

Fun episode. :D
You. Were. Suppose. To. Start. This. Thread. Blue. _. Drifblim. Grr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggzyd
Who thinks Grotle should have evolved in this one?
That would give Ash another Pokémon that Paul owns so I would say no. I think it would be boring to make Ash have the same ones his rival owns.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
You. Were. Suppose. To. Start. This. Thread. Blue. _. Drifblim. Grr.
......Really? ......I was? ......Darn.

Well.... you posted last week's discussion thread that I thought Jorah was supposed to do, so I figured "Ahhh..... ok. I guess Jorah will do/does next week's, and I'll do the next one after that."

I guess one of these pictures is appropriate for me:

Old August 22nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Vernikova

Quote:

Well.... you posted last week's discussion thread that I thought Jorah was supposed to do, so I figured "Ahhh..... ok. I guess Jorah will do/does next week's, and I'll do the next one after that."

Jorah should have but she didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah
But...why did thry bothet to change the opening video but show the episode in fullscreen?
Cartoon Network could've cropped it themselves since there are screenshots on Pokémon.com that are in widescreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap-Eds
I liked that they updated the theme song with the scenes, but the pictures didn't really fit with the song.
I thought that they did. Especially since they sped through the sequences, which is something that I liked.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Quote:
I thought that they did. Especially since they sped through the sequences, which is something that I liked.
The speeding looked good in some places, not-so-good in others. How many other people giggled, snickered, or otherwise found funny the line that played when Team Galactic was onscreen? I personally think they just needed a way to put in a group of characters that wasn't Ash and Company... too bad they ended up putting in four of the main villains in a very un-villainous slot. [giggles]
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:24 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- CROPPED D:
- Epic opening video change :D Bye, bye AMV opening (well, this one isn't *as* bad, plus they cut the Pokemon voices at the end) but it's like they messed up the ending by chopping the Ash, Dawn and Brock part into 2
- Just realised the Galactic Battles logo goes over the bubble scene from High Touch
- Yuck, obviously cropped title screen with ugly dub title font and colours
- Ash walks so quickly...due to the cropping? And then the video being made widescreen again
- Yuck, horrible voice for Snover, seriously, wtf. Reminds me oddly of its game cry, though
- I love the long version of the Sinnoh motto theme. Why won't they release it on CD D:
- Ash's face when he's eating XD
- Epic TPCI music when Grotle's using Rock Climb
- Hahaha, Brock's dance

Music kept: (8)

At the start
Ash training Chimchar and Grotle (from the 1st movie ~)
Ash, Brock and Dawn fall asleep
Team Rocket's Hoenn Secret Strategy Theme
Sinnoh Team Rocket Motto Theme
RBY Wild Pokemon Battle
Sinnoh Team Rocket Motto Theme Remix
Satoshi's Battle Decision (I love that theme)

Quote:
Looked pretty weird in some places, like Paul and Ash getting their heads cut off, but most of all, the side of May's head getting cut off which was really noticeable :/ They could have just sped up the clip rather than cut it in awkward places

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina of Never-Turn-Back View Post
The speeding looked good in some places, not-so-good in others. How many other people giggled, snickered, or otherwise found funny the line that played when Team Galactic was onscreen? I personally think they just needed a way to put in a group of characters that wasn't Ash and Company... too bad they ended up putting in four of the main villains in a very un-villainous slot. [giggles]
Yeah, that part was really funny XD "We're friends for life" XD They also put Team Galactic in an odd part in the old opening, "but deep inside, you know you're strong" XD

Quote:

I have no idea who was supposed to do this thread, I can't remember
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:52 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

It's a more generic cheery 'The power is YOURS!' opening, though, so I don't think there was a place they could put Team Galactic and not make them look funny. Though the old one wasn't too bad.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:18 AM
Captain Hobo.
Posting King

I just watched it. It was really good.

If you want to chat with me shoot me a VM. Trust me I can't bite you through the computer
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
solopy567
Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!

Grotle is badass I have to say
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
I have no idea who was supposed to do this thread, I can't remember
This is why Mods should do Episode Discussions, only, but it happens. I'm back for the next two weeks, so I'll cover the 8/29 episode (if there is one), and make it easier.

Anyway, Dogasu did the comparison, which should clarify any issues you have on the HD transition.

Link: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...arl/ep121.html

Edit: Yes, TV Tropes.org is awesome. Spread the meme.
Old August 29th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Actually, I was joking when I said that, to go with the picture XD
Old August 29th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Actually, I was joking when I said that, to go with the picture XD
I hate you, text. I hate you so much. Shakes fist. Okay, ignore the Mod's moment of seriousness, there.

You all also should have said, "brain has performed an illegal operation and must shut down."
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
BlizzStorm
Darth Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
episode was entertaining at best. Grotle, leaping left and right and saving the day was great.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here