The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
I love both of the updates :D The mini-icon for Brelaphant looks great~!

As for the movesets, the only thing that really catches my eye is that Brelaphant really doesn't learn that many Water Moves, which is sort of a put-off of it being a starter. Perhaps its latter evolutions learn more water moves? :o
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:15 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Awesome, new moves :D Care to explain their effects?
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:07 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

I'm here to offer support.
Can't wait for an update.
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:52 AM
AkaneKuro
GTFO

Nature: Hasty
My god O_O Looks great. Must have when its out xD
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:14 AM
pokedex master
Mr.pokedex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokedex master
great sprites they look awsome and i look forward to the progress of this game
Old August 19th, 2009, 03:42 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

PRIMROSE CITY- the city of pretty roses and love. XD sorry but thats what it looks like. anyways I have somethhing that can help...ok here goes....YOU CA DOO IT

Last edited by MajorLeagueGamer; August 20th, 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:26 AM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
I am still working on the game. I was on vacation for a while, so I haven't had much time to do anything, but I've finished the first version of Minenn's new region map. It's based on Shikoku, Japan, like many other fangames, and I think it's a big improvement on some of the old maps I've done. I'm currently coloring etc. the fire starter.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
Very nice. Can't wait for new stuff

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:06 AM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Redstar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Redstar
Yes! I've been trying to find this thread for awhile; I just love the hack. The Pokemon are simple and cute, which is a big draw-in... Glad to have found it.
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
blueguy

Here (finally) is the Fire Starter. I want to note that I'm still not very happy with the shading, so I will label the art a work-in-progress. But, you get the rough concept anyways. Igniscale is a Charmander-like Pokémon with a darker side. Name based on the Latin ignis (fire) + scale. Oh, how clever. Ho ho ho. Gosh, this Starter has given me so much trouble. UGH. Coming up with a concept was impossible. lol Therefore, a lizard Fire Starter was my last resort. I am so unhappy! Maybe if I give it some time to think it over, and see if I want to work on the shading a bit more. I just wanted to finish it!

Old August 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Its been a while since I visited this thread, nice updates.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Zephyr+

Nature: Sassy
Hm. Igniscale, huh? Well, I like the rest of your starters. Especially Brelaphant. But Igniscale? Totally not a Charmander with armor. No siree. That there is one bona fide original fire starter. Never seen its like before. Yep.

...If you can't detect the sarcasm, then what I'm basically saying is that the fire starter is kind of disappointing. :/ Yep, I know you had trouble with it, but it's not too hard to come up with at least a semi-original animal to base it off of, right? If you're having that much trouble, I could give you some suggestions, OR you could hold a contest with your fans to see who can come up with the best concept for you to use. Eh? Sound all right?

Love how the game is coming, although I wish there was a bit more info in place of simple eyecandy. That's it though. ;D
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:18 PM
blueguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrPlusle View Post
Hm. Igniscale, huh? Well, I like the rest of your starters. Especially Brelaphant. But Igniscale? Totally not a Charmander with armor. No siree. That there is one bona fide original fire starter. Never seen its like before. Yep.

...If you can't detect the sarcasm, then what I'm basically saying is that the fire starter is kind of disappointing. :/ Yep, I know you had trouble with it, but it's not too hard to come up with at least a semi-original animal to base it off of, right? If you're having that much trouble, I could give you some suggestions, OR you could hold a contest with your fans to see who can come up with the best concept for you to use. Eh? Sound all right?

Love how the game is coming, although I wish there was a bit more info in place of simple eyecandy. That's it though. ;D
lol I actually couldn't detect the sarcasm for a second. XD I'm not overly pleased with it, but I do like the little guy... even if he's fairly reminiscent of Charmander.

I'm planning to share a bit more "info," or plot details as you would put them, soon. A hint: Professor Hawthorn's studies primarily concern ghosts, and she is related to an NPC from the Kanto region.
Old August 29th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

I think it resembles charmander a little to much.
I do like how it looks though.
Old August 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
blueguy

lol I love how no one cares about my thread. Oh well, I'll keep plugging along for my own enjoyment, I guess, but I'm generally severely depressed, so sometimes I really don't feel like it.
Old August 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Maybe have a supporter bar for the game?
So it can be advertised?
*cough I make them cough*
Old August 29th, 2009, 05:00 PM
blueguy

lol I'm just joking... I really don't care. :/
Old August 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Fine if you don't want one whatever! =P
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
blueguy

omgz thx 4 all teh supportz evry1

Sometimes I don't like the "Game" Dev. forum very much. :/
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
CriticalCrisis
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to CriticalCrisis
I've had some experience designing, or at the very least honing others designs, of fan Pokemon. I can help you out if you want. Just talking. I like the direction you're taking with your own creations, especially since they match the feeling of some of my own.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
blueguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalCrisis View Post
I've had some experience designing, or at the very least honing others designs, of fan Pokemon. I can help you out if you want. Just talking. I like the direction you're taking with your own creations, especially since they match the feeling of some of my own.
Thank you. ;3 What I'd really like is more collaborators and opinions... otherwise, working on this project is kind of sad and unexciting. Do you wanna send me a PM? I'd love to take a look at your stuff, and maybe we can think up some stuff together. Who knows. XD

I'm spriting Igniscale right now and I've decided I like it. It's not my favorite of the three Starters, but I feel it fits with the other two, at least. And I think it's boyish enough... Considering the other two are pretty girly.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
CriticalCrisis
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to CriticalCrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
Thank you. ;3 What I'd really like is more collaborators and opinions... otherwise, working on this project is kind of sad and unexciting. Do you wanna send me a PM? I'd love to take a look at your stuff, and maybe we can think up some stuff together. Who knows. XD

I'm spriting Igniscale right now and I've decided I like it. It's not my favorite of the three Starters, but I feel it fits with the other two, at least. And I think it's boyish enough... Considering the other two are pretty girly.
Yeah, sure. I'll do that right now.

I've been following this game for awhile, and I do like the direction it's taking. There's some rough patches, but nothing that can't be worked out over time.
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:25 AM
T3h Kaiser
Jovial Fool

Nature: Rash
Quote:
omgz thx 4 all teh supportz evry1

Sometimes I don't like the "Game" Dev. forum very much. :/
That seems to be a pretty common theme around these parts. If it's any consolation, I've been following progress and I think it's turning out quite nicely. I'd be more than happy to post more, if you're needing the encouragement; God knows I know what it's like to have your project ignored.

Like I've said before, the fan game development community needs to stick together a bit better than it is right now. Feedback is a great thing.
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:37 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:

I dont know if you want it. but I could help. What kinda stuff do you need help with?
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:33 AM
~NeOn~
Beginning Trainer

This game is very good! I'm enjoying it.
The maps, tiles, fakemons are very good! You did all Tiles and fakemons?
And also like the map of the region Minenn.
Good luck with your project.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links