The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2009 (01:20 AM). Edited August 1st, 2009 by exzibit15.
exzibit15
Beginning Trainer

i got an error.. missing dll.. how can i fix it?

EDIT:

i already fix it.. thanks
Old August 10th, 2009 (09:05 PM).
FinalZero

Version 1.20 is out. It doesn't add any new functionalities, it just has a slightly changed layout, corrected translations, and is coded much easier after I discovered what kind of code was easy to maintain and what was not. =p

http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.20.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.20.rar
Old August 11th, 2009 (02:00 AM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalZero View Post
Version 1.20 is out. It doesn't add any new functionalities, it just has a slightly changed layout, corrected translations, and is coded much easier after I discovered what kind of code was easy to maintain and what was not. =p

http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.20.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.20.rar
This is in fact relevant to my interests.
Thanks!
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 19th, 2009 (10:27 AM).
Hyper Chibi Absol
The Chibiest Absol ever :3

Nature: Naive
It keeps saying that vc100.bpl was not found. It doesn't work for me.

Bliss is love
Yin and Yang
Yang and Yin

We are one in the same...

Heart and Soul
Soul and Heart
You and me
Me and you

Let our lives be more than this game...

~Hyper Chibi Absol

Hyper Chibi Absol x TheUmbreonMaster
Old August 19th, 2009 (04:24 PM). Edited August 20th, 2009 by FinalZero.
FinalZero

*sigh*, read the readme and earlier posts people... i swear that would take care of 90% of all the questions on this board...

Quote:
It keeps saying that vc100.bpl was not found. It doesn't work for me.
Download the .dll files and place them in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.

Edit: She said she's tried this and it hasn't worked. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is yet then.
Old August 22nd, 2009 (02:12 AM).
joshable
Beginning Trainer

Old August 24th, 2009 (12:15 PM).
FinalZero

Yes, the links are down at the moment. They may or may not be down indefinitely; I will find out by the end of tomorrow eventually.

Because of this uncertainty I'll host them at MediaFire for the moment, which is superior to RapidShare and MegaUpload in every way imho; I'm not sure why people still use the latter...

Anyways, http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...4e75f6e8ebb871
Old December 20th, 2009 (02:46 PM).
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Nature: Adamant
For some reason, none of your projects work for me... It keeps saying "missing vd100.bpl" or something along those lines. Any idea what vd100.bpl is?
Old December 22nd, 2009 (01:05 AM).
Psy-Crow
Intergalactic Bounty Hunter

So how exactly does this tool work? All I see it does is add Pokemon, or moves to a Pokemon's list. I see nothing involving parents.
Old December 22nd, 2009 (05:31 AM).
Wichu
Project Amethyst

It doesn't need to do anything with parents. It just edits the moves which can be inherited.
Old December 22nd, 2009 (06:39 AM).
Psy-Crow
Intergalactic Bounty Hunter

Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
It doesn't need to do anything with parents. It just edits the moves which can be inherited.
Seriously? Well that's cool. Now that I understand better, this tool should be very useful. Thank you.
Old December 22nd, 2009 (04:22 PM).
FinalZero

Quote:
For some reason, none of your projects work for me... It keeps saying "missing vd100.bpl" or something along those lines. Any idea what vd100.bpl is?
It's included in the .dll zip folder that's on my website, but if you have Vista, even having this probably won't let it run. I'll recompile all the programs to run without these files if problems with Vista like this persist.

Quote:
So how exactly does this tool work? All I see it does is add Pokemon, or moves to a Pokemon's list. I see nothing involving parents.
Well, you could add the parents of a pokemon to a list, and then moves for them to inherit, but it'd useless because parent pokemon can never be born from an egg, unless you hack that too. Remember, don't think of it as parent of pokemon B who's parent of pokemon A, but as pokemon C, B, and A, all of whom happen to give birth to pokemon A when they have an egg. Thus, only pokemon A's egg moves matter.

As for the term "egg move", I thought this term was near universal for this concept, but apparently I was mistaken.
Old February 17th, 2010 (04:56 PM).
Jamesplodica
Beginning Trainer

I have the same problem with Vista! Loved your programs when I edited on XP, hopefully there's enough interest to get a Vista fix!
Old March 1st, 2010 (02:47 PM).
FinalZero

Quote:
I have the same problem with Vista! Loved your programs when I edited on XP, hopefully there's enough interest to get a Vista fix!
So, putting the vd100.bpl in the system32 folder doesn't fix it? If not, I'll make new versions of all the programs sometime this week that won't require any of this .dll, .bpl hassle so we can solve this problem once and for all.
Old March 9th, 2010 (05:59 AM).
Super Hacker
Beginning Trainer

thx, guy!
I've searched this, cuz I donot know how put the TM Techniques in EGGS, but now, I can do it!
Old March 9th, 2010 (11:49 AM).
ville!
Abbysus, abbysus invocat!

Nature: Rash
hi final zero! ur tools work great! so, can u make a tool to edit when an attack is physical or special? as the sound move editor!
Old March 9th, 2010 (04:04 PM).
FinalZero

Quote:
hi final zero! ur tools work great! so, can u make a tool to edit when an attack is physical or special? as the sound move editor!
Generation III doesn't work like that. In generation III, a move is physical or special depending on its type, and nothing else. I can't make a tool that edits that though, because I don't know how. The best I can suggest is to switch two types so that the former is now special, and the latter physical, and then switch the types of ALL of the respective moves and pokemon.
Old March 10th, 2010 (12:57 PM).
ville!
Abbysus, abbysus invocat!

Nature: Rash
my question was about physical attacks as flame wheel, cuz' in the games is physical (when you attack sharpedo).
Old March 10th, 2010 (03:04 PM).
FinalZero

Quote:
my question was about physical attacks as flame wheel, cuz' in the games is physical (when you attack sharpedo).
Oh! In English that's referred to as whether the move makes contact or not. It's the first check box near the bottom of the program.
Old May 16th, 2010 (10:40 AM).
Elite Trainer Red
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
this is a great tool!
Will probably help alot of people, including me, with their hacks.
Keep up the good work!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 12th, 2010 (06:54 PM).
MonarchRoxonII
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Is there anyway to use the "extract list as .txt" to easily imput lots of data into the Egg Move Editor?
Old September 19th, 2010 (09:33 PM).
FinalZero

Quote:
Is there anyway to use the "extract list as .txt" to easily imput lots of data into the Egg Move Editor?
No, and I don't want to implement such a thing. There'd be too great a chance someone would misspell something and mess things up, or create a null entry. What would work better would be using numbers then, but what's the point of using a tool at all if you aren't going to enjoy the nice using interface and labelled moves?
Old November 30th, 2010 (09:26 AM). Edited November 30th, 2010 by FinalZero.
FinalZero

Version 1.34 is out. It fixed an offset and name-reading error. Thanks go to an email correspondent for pointing it out.

http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.rar

Quote:
Thinking about this some more, I could have another extract command that exports the data into numbers, and then allow one to import said data to quickly change many moves, making it easy for people to exchange egg move lists and quickly implement them. I don't think there's really a high demand for such a thing though. Wait until Christmas break; I'll have plenty of time to code something fun like that then, so perhaps, maybe.
Old November 30th, 2010 (11:10 AM).
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Couple of questions:
1/ Would it be possible to have a search function? Would make it a lot easier (although this is more about your move editor).
2/ How would I go about adding egg moves for a Pokemon that doesn't have them, without overwriting another Pokemon's moves? For instance, if I wanted to add egg moves to Caterpie?

Nvm the second one, I had a brain malfunction, found out now 8D
Old November 30th, 2010 (06:11 PM).
FinalZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
Couple of questions:
1/ Would it be possible to have a search function? Would make it a lot easier (although this is more about your move editor).
2/ How would I go about adding egg moves for a Pokemon that doesn't have them, without overwriting another Pokemon's moves? For instance, if I wanted to add egg moves to Caterpie?

Nvm the second one, I had a brain malfunction, found out now 8D
1) What do you mean by a search function? Remember, you can start typing in the list box and it will jump to what you type.
2) What do you mean you found out now?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links