• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Chimecho after Jirachi?

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
Years
  • Age 22
  • Asia
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
Now some of you may asked themselves or not, why is it that in the RSE Pokedex, after Jirachi the list ends with Chimecho.

I mean in all games the list ends with legendary Pokemon, but why Chimecho. It isn't a legendary, is it?

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
Years
I think Chimecho it's relationated with something but i can't remember, but you are right chimecho it's not a rare pokemon, and i don't know why the pokedex end with him..xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Who knows??

I reckon that's good, it makes Hoenn more unique.

Also, it's pretty damn rare, i got everything possible on Emerald without events or trading (except that island that usually isnt there near pacifidlog), but i only ever saw 1 chimecho

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe its a mistake that he's after Jirachi in the pokedex, because he is not a legendary obviously.
Idk xD

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
They'll be happier in the wild then with a trainer who doesn't want them. Think about that...

I guess, but you know... released Pokémon aren't actually released.

Maybe its a mistake that he's after Jirachi in the pokedex, because he is not a legendary obviously.
Idk xD

No, it's not a mistake. Actually, a last-minute add I bet. In fact, while the Chimecho data comes after Deoxys, in the Hoenn/National Dex it's displayed in the proper place.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I guess, but you know... released Pokémon aren't actually released.

No, it's not a mistake. Actually, a last-minute add I bet. In fact, while the Chimecho data comes after Deoxys, in the Hoenn/National Dex it's displayed in the proper place.

Exactly, We have learned that data for chimecho comes after Deoxies, The national dex was made to order them all correctly.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Because its index number is greater than Jirachi, it was probably just a last-minute pokemon they added in....probably to make the number of GenIII pokemon into a round number. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe. Or maybe it's like the church in 4th Gen Hearthome, and lots of other pointless things: they did it coz they could

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
What are you people talking about? Chimecho is between Tropius and Absol.

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
Years
the reason is that it was added late into game development
and they made it like the number in the anime 358

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
What are you people talking about? Chimecho is between Tropius and Absol.
Pokedex Number != Internal Number (!= means not equal to) It's not only jirachi that's out of place when comparing these two numbers; lots of other pokemon are out of order too. It's usually rectified in the next generation though. Compare RBY's internal list to GSC for an extreme example. =p

Chimecho is indeed last internal number wise. To me it's obvious what it means: they added it at the very last second. So we can only consider ourselves lucky that we got chimecho in the 3rd generation instead of the 4th.

I'm not sure if this was fixed in DPPt or not, does anyone know?
I do not.

Back