The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > PC Events > PokéCommunity Get-Together 2009

Notices

PokéCommunity Get-Together 2009 Backup of everything from the Get-Together 2009.

Old August 31st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Benadryl
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinjisLover View Post
Ew. I don't even know what that second place one is. ¬_¬ How that placed at all is beyond me. .

I'd assume it was the use of a very familiar shape (apple?) to portray a very accurate depiction of an official Pokemon sprite. Not to mention the extensive use of shading and aesthetically pleasing curves and lines to create something that is nearly flawless. If it had been bigger and more detailed, I would say it should've won first.
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benadryl View Post

I'd assume it was the use of a very familiar shape (apple?) to portray a very accurate depiction of an official Pokemon sprite. Not to mention the extensive use of shading and aesthetically pleasing curves and lines to create something that is nearly flawless. If it had been bigger and more detailed, I would say it should've won first.
Actually, my sprite's a Cherubi during the autumn/fall, but it doesn't matter much.

Bigger? ;o If I'd known that, I would've made it that way. D; Actually, it's just that size because I was sort of making it a battle sprite for a Pokémon game, but meh.

And thanks. :)
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Benadryl
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Actually, my sprite's a Cherubi during the autumn/fall, but it doesn't matter much.

Bigger? ;o If I'd known that, I would've made it that way. D; Actually, it's just that size because I was sort of making it a battle sprite for a Pokémon game, but meh.

And thanks.
Oh rofl I knew it was a Cherubi but it was shaped like an apple. And I don't really mean like huge. It could still be battle sprite size, only the current size makes it look simpler than it is.
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:39 PM
engage'
a new horizon

CALM DOWN PLEASE; :<
It's just a fun competition, no need to start a debate.

Congratulations to all the participants, and great work.

ezzo is my partner in crime.
loki is my twin.
and i'm back from the dead! hooray!
Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:41 AM
Nicolas
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m

Nature: Naive
Congratulations to everyone!

I must say I'm quite jealous of the pieces...

Sponsored Links