The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM
徐死
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
There is no "Remove Pokemon" Command in XSE, or any other script language for that matter, because it is not part of the game.
There IS an ASM routine that lets you remove pokemon, or if you don't plan on giving the pokemon back to the player, you can just use the removing part of a daycare script... (If you don't have a daycare in your hack...)
hey 0m3GA ARS3NAL, I looked up the tuturial you made for the day care script and it was really good. It really helped a lot. I ended up just basically taking the end part and after the menu do a compare to see if you picked the right Pokemon. So yeah, thanks for your help.
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM
The Gambling Gallade
Bored.

Nature: Bold
Is it possible to turn HMs into Key Items? I've been thinking about that. It seems that I don't want people to use HM slaves, because a lot of bosses in my hack will be hard, and I would like to add the HMs as a sort of Key Item. Like, the actual feature of it, not the HM.

For example: A raft for Surf.
Old September 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambling Gallade View Post
Is it possible to turn HMs into Key Items? I've been thinking about that. It seems that I don't want people to use HM slaves, because a lot of bosses in my hack will be hard, and I would like to add the HMs as a sort of Key Item. Like, the actual feature of it, not the HM.

For example: A raft for Surf.
Get ready, 'cause this is a tl;dr situation:

It's far from possible doing it the way you're asking (it would take something much bigger than just some scripting and sprite editing), yet at the same time you could get really creative with it, and I'm throwing this out off of the top of my head. This would require item hacking, surfing sprite replacement, AND extensive scripting/script placement which could possibly take up some space. Writing the script shouldn't be too hard, though.

For example: Say you edit a key item in the game with the raft that you're talking about. Playing through the game if you go up and examine the water with the action button it tells you that the raft could let your surf over the water, but without it you cannot pass or go over the water, just run smack into it like a wall. However, when you get the raft, when you go and examine the water again it will check to see if you have the raft in your key items bag. Since you have the raft it will left you cross over the oceans freely. You would also have to include in the code the change between character overworld sprite to your replaced surfing sprite, and anything else such as the surfing music.

Things you would need to do:
-Hack a key item into a raft.
-Replace the surfing sprite
-Script to where that you cannot pass the water unless you have the raft into your key items bag, switch sprites, and etc.
-Place the script over any waters edge that can lead to big bodies of water that can be surfed on.

I would think that past the waters edge where the script is, all other water can be set to where it's just completely passable. The waters edge needs to be solid in some way.

This is the only way I could think of doing it. Sure, you could go in the map editor and set it so that the water is only passable by surfing, but that would still require a pokemon with surf, yeah?
Old September 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
CrashmanX
Mechamon

Nature: Relaxed
I know Im being a bother with this but this is on purpose, Does anyone know where I can get a version or File for PokePic that will allow me to import/export pokemon sprites? Because so far RomHacker XP isnt working and AVG sees it as a virus and my current PokePic doesnt do anything with fire red, no really it does nothing. Please could someone respond because I tried making a thread once before and It said it needed to be approved and I got no where with that.

Credit to DragonSoul for the signature
Old September 1st, 2009, 06:44 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashmanX View Post
I know Im being a bother with this but this is on purpose, Does anyone know where I can get a version or File for PokePic that will allow me to import/export pokemon sprites? Because so far RomHacker XP isnt working and AVG sees it as a virus and my current PokePic doesnt do anything with fire red, no really it does nothing. Please could someone respond because I tried making a thread once before and It said it needed to be approved and I got no where with that.
You could just use unLZgba like so many people already do...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:40 AM
chaitan94
BKC

Can new types be created ?
(in pokemon ruby)
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:51 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitan94 View Post
Can new types be created ?
(in pokemon ruby)
Not without ASM... (For making totally new types)
The only thing you can do without ASM is replace the ??? Type...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:23 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Does anyone know how to successfully import a bitmap into Tile Layer Pro without it messing up?
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:54 AM
CrashmanX
Mechamon

Quote:
You could just use unLZgba like so many people already do...
Well the thing is, I want to change A TON of sprites and I dont want to have to go through every single one with UNLZ. Does anyone have any expericence with RSBall? It seems to work it just wont IMPORT any of my sprites.

Credit to DragonSoul for the signature
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:55 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashmanX View Post
Well the thing is, I want to change A TON of sprites and I dont want to have to go through every single one with UNLZ. Does anyone have any expericence with RSBall? It seems to work it just wont IMPORT any of my sprites.
Are the sprites indexed?
There is a tutorial here for RSball... it is fairly new... go look in docs/tuts
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:41 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Red View Post
Does anyone know how to successfully import a bitmap into Tile Layer Pro without it messing up?
Well, if it doesn't work, use Tile Molester Alternate.. That can import bitmaps I think and I find it easier to use than Tile Layer Pro.The only thing you need to get it to work properly is Java Runtime Environment to be installed omn your computer and and the offset of the images in Tile Molester Alternate.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
how do you find the platelet offsets for the overworlds in overworldeditor it dosent tel you :l
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Bayonetta
Beginning Trainer

Is it possible to create new types? and add them instead of replacing existing ones.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Q-Bone
Musician and Pixel Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakuaza View Post
Is it possible to create new types? and add them instead of replacing existing ones.
In 3rd Generation Games, no, not in my knowledge. There is a way to do it on 2nd Generation Games though.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Read above you, it says here (if you were bothered to read this page!):

Quote:
Not without ASM... (For making totally new types)
The only thing you can do without ASM is replace the ??? Type...

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Bayonetta
Beginning Trainer

Then anyone got an idea of how to make a D/P attack system into Fr? like some dark attacks are either physical or special based. Theres a game that has that system, so i wonder if its a Hex function or a skill function. thats why i was thinking on making new types. example, making a copy of the "normal" type but label it dark with same strenghts and weakness as the original dark and change the physical dark type attacks to this.

@about the post, i didnt saw because its full of sprite/pallete and tile replacing questions so i scrolled down fast.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Then anyone got an idea of how to make a D/P attack system into Fr? like some dark attacks are either physical or special based. Theres a game that has that system, so i wonder if its a Hex function or a skill function. thats why i was thinking on making new types. example, making a copy of the "normal" type but label it dark with same strenghts and weakness as the original dark and change the physical dark type attacks to this.

@about the post, i didnt saw because its full of sprite/pallete and tile replacing questions so i scrolled down fast.
Again, ASM is needed, probably very complex. This is why it says "Search before Asking", so your question last time would have been answered before posting.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
ville!
Abbysus, abbysus invocat!

is possible to create new TMs? cuz' i wanna add 10 NEW tms

Last edited by ville!; September 2nd, 2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Q-Bone
Musician and Pixel Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ville! View Post
is possible to create new TMs? cuz' i wanna add 10 NEW tms
No you can't. You can edit TMs, HMs and Attacks which are already In-game though. You can rename them, and edit there statistics, and also edit there animation, but to an extent, editing the animations takes time and care, and endless hours of staring at UnLZ xD.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
yusufs1
Beginning Trainer

how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any
i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
i want to insert this

into tileset 0
i can't manage to do it properly
but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

credits for the image goes to C.N.C

Last edited by yusufs1; September 2nd, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I don't know if this has already been asked or not but how do I change the trainer image on the Advanced games? Not the sprite. The image of the trainer that appears in the intro and on the trainer card.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
KostK2Boss
Wonder Trade Addict

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I don't know if this has already been asked or not but how do I change the trainer image on the Advanced games? Not the sprite. The image of the trainer that appears in the intro and on the trainer card.
The sprites that appear on the trainer card can be found in Unlz, the intro sprites are also in Unlz, but they have a 256-colour pallette, so you will have to change the pallette in programs like photoshop. I believe there is a detailed tutorial for that in the Documents & Tutorials section. The backsprites can be found in Tile Molester.

Now, my own question, for anyone who can help me is below:
Quote:
Does anybody know how to edit the japanese letters (font) in FireRed?
FontEd doesn't seem to support FR ROMs and the japanese letters in Tile Molester look glitchy, no matter how much I try to fix them.
I don't know if this has been asked before, but it's buging me. I could make use of some help here. Thanks in advance!
It was asked several pages ago, so here it is again. Anyone got a clue?:\

3DS Friend Code: 3024-6078-0809 (Pokemon Y) pm me so I can add you too!
Friend Safari Type: GRASS
Old September 2nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Bone View Post
No you can't. You can edit TMs, HMs and Attacks which are already In-game though. You can rename them, and edit there statistics, and also edit there animation, but to an extent, editing the animations takes time and care, and endless hours of staring at UnLZ xD.
atcualy you can you can had hedbut and wirldpool quite easly
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
sandstone
Beginning Trainer

i've searched all over but i haven't seen the answer i seek anywhere.

my problem:

my rom image keeps crashing. its become such a big issue that i've had start over twice from scratch.

the first time i edited the script with offset $0000001 (didn't count the zeroes when i typed it, but the first one) its only had 'nada' or nothing commands so i thought it would be ok. i don't think it was. i think thats why it crashed. so i wont do that again

the second time I'm not sure why it crashed, heres my theory:
maybe its because i replaced the tileset of an indoor area with that of an outdoor area, because when i went through a warp point from the indoor area to that previously-outdoor area is when the rom image failed.

any info you could give would be helpful

fyi: if it matters ive been using unLZ-GBA, advance map, overworld editor, XSE, and YAPE

also anyone who would like to help me out from time to time, please let me know if you'd be ok with me PMing you with the occasional Q
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
UNlz doesn't work. I don't even see any trainer images on it. Just fuzzy stuff. That other thing doesn't work either.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links