• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
wow you guys are setting the bar real high for a newby like me... i like the look of malachite and the tiles in franlandia are awesome... i wish i was as good as this but i only started last week :( i am a quick learner but its all so very complicated
Try not to make it into looking as good as other games or better. Make it more about looking good to you and what nintendo might do...

Sion

Somber Soul
Years
It's funny.
Malachite is what made me want to green-light my game.
Since I last used to come here, it seems everyone has
their own game now. So I wanted to shy away. But I hope
I end up creating something unique. People, if anyone could
help me in acquiring charasets and updating the battle
system to DP style. I could truly put this plot I've written
to work. These are the first two completed maps.
Not really any npcs. I need charasets badly. ;P

Hazel Point

HazelPoint.png

capture003.jpg

Hazel Point - South

HazelPoint-South.png

Quick Event I made:

capture000.jpg

If I get the required components. I'll call the project: Pokemon Remnant.
There's a purpose for the name.

Sentiments? lol my mapping may be getting a little rusty.

~Sion

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Its still a work in progress but getting there

Battle_system_screen_shot_by_Alucus.png

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Oh god, this looks really cool =], is it turn based or real time?

for now its turn based but if i can work out a good A.I system then i may make it real time

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
It's funny.
Malachite is what made me want to green-light my game.
Since I last used to come here, it seems everyone has
their own game now. So I wanted to shy away. But I hope
I end up creating something unique. People, if anyone could
help me in acquiring charasets and updating the battle
system to DP style. I could truly put this plot I've written
to work. These are the first two completed maps.
Not really any npcs. I need charasets badly. ;P

Hazel Point

HazelPoint.png

capture003.jpg

Hazel Point - South

HazelPoint-South.png

Quick Event I made:

capture000.jpg

If I get the required components. I'll call the project: Pokemon Remnant.
There's a purpose for the name.

Sentiments? lol my mapping may be getting a little rusty.

~Sion
Damn! thanx I really appreciate it!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
@Alucus:
Is that just artwork or do you have a dual screen script with the controls to do this?
It would be interesting if this was an actual game in development- ya know, since this is the game development section.
Mouse controls would really work for this.
If not, I think the design should be changed a bit if your using arrow keys to navigate.
Or maybe use

Also, why is the pokedex there? I think that should be removed with maybe the option to quick withdraw the pokemon and make a run for it if your getting beat (or just want to bail).

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
@Alucus:
Is that just artwork or do you have a dual screen script with the controls to do this?
It would be interesting if this was an actual game in development- ya know, since this is the game development section.
Mouse controls would really work for this.
If not, I think the design should be changed a bit if your using arrow keys to navigate.
Or maybe use

Also, why is the pokedex there? I think that should be removed with maybe the option to quick withdraw the pokemon and make a run for it if your getting beat (or just want to bail).

Yes it is a working version with a mouse click controle for the bottom screen and yes it is for an in development game, and thanks for pointing that out about the withdraw button I knew that something is missing. A lot is still to be done on it coding wise and some graphical but its getting there thanks for the support

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Basically Alucu, that is insanely awesome. If you need any sprite help, please, just give me a PM, because I would love to help waht seems like a great game.
(Note to noobs - No, please do not PM me if YOU want a spriter. I'm only offering this to Alucus.)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Basically Alucu, that is insanely awesome. If you need any sprite help, please, just give me a PM, because I would love to help waht seems like a great game.
(Note to noobs - No, please do not PM me if YOU want a spriter. I'm only offering this to Alucus.)

Thanks mate i may take you up on that offer at a later date so thanks a lot

Sion

Somber Soul
Years
Okay, thanks to the communities help I've got my
first official battle shot released.
Only the Health bars and message boxes are
complete. Let me know how it looks before
I move on.

*Garmoth is a custom sprite by Blazeknight

Current3.png

~Sion

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Aah, 1-pixel wide lines!

Around the health bar, some lines are just one pixel wide. It doesn't look good if you're using Essentials' scaled-up GBA resolution. I'd make all your graphics at GBA size, then enlarge them before using them in Essentials.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Guy: "Wow! Good pictures!! I love them!"
Me: "Thank you! I'm making some effort on them, thank you for WATCHING MY PICTURES."

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Guy: "Wow! Good pictures!! I love them!"
Me: "Thank you! I'm making some effort on them, thank you for WATCHING MY PICTURES."

What exactly are you talking about??? If you got missed quote yourself and ask nicely if people could look at them not be sarcastic about it thank you very much.

Fraot

Years
I was talking about my pictures... I expected rates, in order to improve my designs. I think my pics are 1 page before this one. I'm always sarcastic.
Sorry, I thought this thread was for the people to GIVE RATES and FEEDBACK.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I was talking about my pictures... I expected rates, in order to improve my designs. I think my pics are 1 page before this one. I'm always sarcastic.
Sorry, I thought this thread was for the people to GIVE RATES and FEEDBACK.

Sometimes people gets skipped, its life, like said above, just quote yourself, rather than posting possibly rude complaints that you were skipped.

And as for your screens, they look nice, though my personal preference is more original designs, its still quite nice looking and i see no errors.

Fraot

Years
Yay!! Thank you. Just that simple critic was necessary.
And Sion's picture looks really nice, and nicer because of the fakemon. Tha background suits perfectly.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
pokecenter is awesome. can you make me one, just change the walls to autumn colors like tan or a deep apple red. maybe change the floors to wood.. or you can just post the sprite links so i can o put them in myself.

oih Sion, can i use that jungle back for the jungles in my upcoming hack?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back