The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Weatherman, Kiyoshi
~Having one of THOSE days

Nature: Jolly
Alright, so,

Yesterday, there was a power outage,
and while ke dbeing at school,
I didn't know until I came home that this happened:

My main computer's internet had developed a glitch thanks to the outage, and it wouldn't allow my dad to get onto any webstie.

So, what he did was delete the internet, and get a new one.

(Mind you the internet he lost an got where both IE).

Sadly, when I went on Youtube,
there was no sound.
I tried two other videos.
No sound.

I checked the control panel, it said there was "No sound device" in "Sounds and Audio Devices".

Apperantly, from my dad's research,
The driver controlling sound dropped.

Is there any way I can put sound back on my computer?

super epic credit to Cilerba and Calis for OW Bases,
make sure you check them out as well!
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Check the BIOS.
It might have just disabled the audio device.
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:28 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinthea View Post
Check the BIOS.
If not, find the name of your sound card and download the driver off the manufacturer website. Also, he didn't delete "the internet." If he did, it would be all over the news.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:28 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

And, if all else, fails... go to Microsoft's update site and select to install the optional hardware updates (these hardware updates on the site are usually device drivers).
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:31 AM
twocows
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
And, if all else, fails... go to Microsoft's update site and select to install the optional hardware updates (these hardware updates on the site are usually device drivers).
If the manufacturer driver doesn't work, Microsoft's generic crappy driver definitely won't work. It's another problem entirely if the man. driver doesn't fix it.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Weatherman, Kiyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinthea View Post
Check the BIOS.
BIOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocows View Post
If not, find the name of your sound card and download the driver off the manufacturer website. Also, he didn't delete "the internet." If he did, it would be all over the news.
We can't find the name of the sound card,
that's the problem. :/

Old September 11th, 2009, 10:35 AM
twocows
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¿Question Kiyoshi-Crayon? View Post
BIOS?

We can't find the name of the sound card,
that's the problem. :/
If you have the original documentation that came with your computer, the name should be buried somewhere in it. Otherwise, Google the model and make of your computer and see what comes up. You'll probably find the specs somewhere.

Quote:

Quote:

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Weatherman, Kiyoshi

Monsieur
The Electabuzz

:Follows Around, no PokeBall:
  • Appears Omnipresentally
  • Can be an Anti-Hero if necessary, but always
    does things for the right reasons
  • Loner
  • Keeps opinions to himself; has long periods of silence, often
    dilerate; wants to be courted to participate in group activities
  • Shadow Sky
  • Shadow Panic
  • Shadow Storm
  • Shadow Chill

Grembiule
The Vileplume

• Protective
  • Compulsive
  • Selfless
  • Tend to everyone's needs; concered about others; often
    gets resentful that she is not highly valued. Often Hides
    feelings of anger, jealousy, or competitiveness
  • Synthesis
  • Teeter Dance
  • PoisonPowder
  • Petal Dance

*Thank you "The Writer's Guide to Character Traits; Second Edition"! You really helped, and allowed me to fully describe some things, as such are written here.
I do not take credit for any words used to describe traits that aren't mine, and rather's the book's words.

Last edited by Weatherman, Kiyoshi; March 9th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocows View Post
If the manufacturer driver doesn't work, Microsoft's generic crappy driver definitely won't work. It's another problem entirely if the man. driver doesn't fix it.
If the user cannot find the name of the card or cannot find their driver disc, it's fine (the Microsoft one is the EXACT SAME if it's a device that's been out for over a year - and I have used this for retrieving my drivers before).

And if the Microsoft driver/manufacturer driver doesn't work, your motherboard may be nearly done, as this happened to me in January with a 6 year old motherboard (it wouldn't take it's own drivers anymore, let alone the drivers for anything else).
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Dogboy2709
Banned

Nature: Lonely
This happened quite a few times to me as well.. all i needed todo was reboot my computer....but from the back of the tower. (Where the CD and/or DVD rom drives are)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links