• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
okay this is an easy fix and oviously you didnt read before post because I awnsered this question manny times before go to insert map and insert you map at the same map spot
okay, so insert map 4.1 at 4.1 advance map will give the map a new offset

Obviously I did, 'cause it STILL isn't working. Please don't make presumptions.

Anyway, I think it may have to do with all of the Pallet Town indoor maps.

Edit: Nevermind, I've somehow fixed it.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
sorry I just see this problem a lot and I answer it alot next time in your description of your problem list the actions you took that didn't fix the problem

mch

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
Is there a way to have an item act as an HM? For example, ToxicPurple's machete.

So far, I've been able to make Cut, Rock Smash and Strength work, Waterfall could be made with scripts, but Fly, Surf and Flash aren't as easy to do like the rest.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
surf and flash should work but fly not might be harder if you want them to chose the from the world map it would be easy if they chose from a box list

mch

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
surf and flash should work but fly not might be harder if you want them to chose the from the world map it would be easy if they chose from a box list

The problem is that I haven't found out how to find or do the script. The only way I know to do with Surf would require a script per square for the shore.

(Fly's probably going to be HM-only anyways)

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
I was checking out the Fire Red Hacked thing and it has a feature that allows you to make the level of wild encounters and trainer battles variable dependent on the level of your pokemon. I would love to use this feature, but the hack comes with a bunch of extra stuff I don't really want.

Does anybody know of a more streamline or user friendly program that would allow me to play with the variable levels of pokemon fights?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I was checking out the Fire Red Hacked thing and it has a feature that allows you to make the level of wild encounters and trainer battles variable dependent on the level of your pokemon. I would love to use this feature, but the hack comes with a bunch of extra stuff I don't really want.

Does anybody know of a more streamline or user friendly program that would allow me to play with the variable levels of pokemon fights?

Nope, nothing like that exists, either take JPAN's magnificent patch, or don't, it is up to you, but I can tell you, I doubt anything like that will EVER exist.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
Nope, nothing like that exists, either take JPAN's magnificent patch, or don't, it is up to you, but I can tell you, I doubt anything like that will EVER exist.

Well maybe you could give me a hand. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use his program. I use Advance Map and XSE and it seems like nothing I do will restore any of the events in the game. The script events show up under the "events" tab of A-Map, but they never show up in the actual gameplay.

Also, I can't figure out for the life of me how to actually activate the trainer variable. If I wanted to make all wild pokemon appear at highest pkmn lvl +1, what would I actually need to do to trigger that?

I'm finding that the manual isn't very clear.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
The problem is that I haven't found out how to find or do the script. The only way I know to do with Surf would require a script per square for the shore.

(Fly's probably going to be HM-only anyways)
Search for what the surf script says(The water looks calm...)in A-Text. Look at all the offsets in XSE or a hex editor. When you find the right one, edit it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
i recently started playing light platinumn but i want to edit items sold using a-mart but it will only come up with the ruby names. any ideas?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Could anybody recommend/link me to a good guide on var numbers in Advanced Map?

I'm not having any script setting problems, I just feel like I need to know more about it. -_-;

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
var numbers and values are used for level scripts so views coolys level script tut and you can only ask questions not request links or anything along the line of requesting material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back