• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

Father Ash

Born from the fire.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Just given the manual a quick once-over and it looks brilliant. I doubt I'd really use much of it except for the wild pokemon level stuff and roaming legendaries but still it's abso-bloody-lutely amazing.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
its great only that for some reason i cant get more OWs if some one has a firered ips with more than 255 ows could you please tell me :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
You should add Diamond and Peark Skill System, like making fire punch a physical fire type attack and crunch a dark physical attack.

giova90

Moebius
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 5, 2014
fantastic job!...i could be fantastic also have the following OW like pokemon yellow and HG SS...and maybe to be a change by ow trainer card and back when you play ...so start to change the character when you would like to do it...:-)

Years
Simply amazing. If it's possible, I have an idea for what command/function/whatever to include: A wild pokemon changing script. It's possible to change wild pkmn data by storing that data from the ROM into the RAM, and then hack the script that reads the data from the ROM to make sure that that data is read from the RAM instead. I tried to do something like this, but with my close-to-no knowledge of ASM, it didn't work out.

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
Simply amazing. If it's possible, I have an idea for what command/function/whatever to include: A wild pokemon changing script.

That was one of the first included functions. Specials 0x58 and 0x59. Special 0x58 allows you to load another Wild pokemon data to replace any of the old ones. Read on the manual how. Special 0x59 disables that function until activated again with special 0x58.

Years
That was one of the first included functions. Specials 0x58 and 0x59. Special 0x58 allows you to load another Wild pokemon data to replace any of the old ones. Read on the manual how. Special 0x59 disables that function until activated again with special 0x58.

Now this is what I've been looking for! :D Really, this is great, well done mate!

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Another problem

Sorry to tell,but i've found another problem(at least for me) :(

I've used your special 56(swarming/roaming legendaries) with the following script:

Code:
setvar 0x8004 0xFFFE
setvar 0x8005 0xFFFF
setvar 0x8006 0x1
setvar 0x8007 0x1
special 0x56

Problem:

As you can see,i pretend to use a predefined pokemon stored at a pointer, that must be placed by hand in 0x0203f488! And that's what i've done,but!...

It works the way i want, but after the capture it turns into a bad egg!:\

Misc. information (of the problem):

The predefined Pokemon that im has a diferent OTid and SecretID than mine!(no prob here,just like i want)

The pokemon is a raikou lv.100

The predefined pokemon data i used is:
Spoiler:

And if you didn't understand the problem, there's a video-gif in attachment :

Plz,i need to understand whats happening

~Sonic1~

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
As you can see,i pretend to use a predefined pokemon stored at a pointer, that must be placed by hand in 0x0203f488! And that's what i've done,but!...

It works the way i want, but after the capture it turns into a bad egg!:\

Misc. information (of the problem):

The predefined Pokemon that im has a diferent OTid and SecretID than mine!(no prob here,just like i want)
In fact, the difference in OTids IS the problem. When I tested this code I used pokemon caught in the game, replicated to the other side, that's why I didn't notice a very important piece of information: the game doesn't copy the Wild data 1 to 1, only the encrypted part. the OTIDs are changed to the one the game owner has.

Of course, now that I know of the problem, I can fix it. Next release will have this fixed. Up until then, I advise people to not use the Predefined pokemon mode.

Thanks for the heads up.

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Your welcome!;)

I should thank you,your engine is really fantastic!:D
Hope your next release will be more fantastic than this(its going to be hard,the actual release it's already fantastic!:laugh:)

One more question:
it's possible to have more than 1 pokemon swarming/roaming at the same time?(srry to ask this but i'm in school and i don't have time to test it out)

~sonic1~

PS:Every time i find a bug/problem,i'll post it here so you can improve your engine ;)

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
One more question:
it's possible to have more than 1 pokemon swarming/roaming at the same time?(srry to ask this but i'm in school and i don't have time to test it out)
You cannot. I have made it so that you can only have one pokemon either swarming or roaming in that map, but not both.
The only solution for this is to use a Level Script to select which roaming pokemon appears or if a swarm happens.

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
This is really amazing! I've tried out a couple of the features you added, and it's simply incredible. Thanks for putting so much time into this, it really helps out amateur hackers like myself! Also, a quick question: Would there be any way for you to add some way to control what music plays during trainer battles?

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
One feature that would be awesome is if you made it to where it was compatible with larger sprites than 64X64, so that we could include all the d/p sprites (80X80) without shrinking them.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Could you make a special that forces a move to be taught to that location, even though there may be empty slots?

Also, is there a way to set what map bank and number the Swarming Pokémon or Roaming Pokémon is at? Also, how would you make it so that after you encounter a Roaming Pokémon, it moves to another map?

Another cool idea would be something like the Behavior bytes changing, where you could force an item to be usable and run a script.

And maybe, as an addon to the sethealingplace hack, you could do something that would let you change the text pointers that are called during the run home thing, aka "[PLAYER] scurried home, protecting..", "MOM: Oh, hello, sweetie! Did your POKéMON faint?...", and "MOM: There you go! All healthy and happy!..." or however they go. This would be useful for people who want to have many different places where different things are said upon fainting.

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Uhhhh... why are there alot of events on map 3.0?(pallet town map)
Are they there for a reason?
I patched over my hack btw (didnt even start scripting)

justinufer

Learner
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Would it be possible for you to make it so that you can change the amount of items you can have in your pc item box?

Years
Is there a posibility to make a sort of "follow" script? I mean, more meant for the yellow hacks, so that pikachu (or for non-yellow hacks, even better, all possible pokemon, much like in HG/SS) can follow you around?

giova90

Moebius
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 5, 2014
Is there a posibility to make a sort of "follow" script? I mean, more meant for the yellow hacks, so that pikachu (or for non-yellow hacks, even better, all possible pokemon, much like in HG/SS) can follow you around?
the same my question on a previuos page(but without replies) XD

Back