Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development
Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Nature: Timid
Your welcome!

I should thank you,your engine is really fantastic!:D
Hope your next release will be more fantastic than this(its going to be hard,the actual release it's already fantastic!)

One more question:
it's possible to have more than 1 pokemon swarming/roaming at the same time?(srry to ask this but i'm in school and i don't have time to test it out)

~sonic1~

PS:Every time i find a bug/problem,i'll post it here so you can improve your engine

My Site (UNDER CONSTRUCTION):

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER
Sou o Dark rayquaza da antiga myutsu.net

My Laptop SPECS:

Credits to Eagledelt for the wonderfull sign :D

Old September 20th, 2009, 12:17 PM
JPAN
pokemon rom researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
One more question:
it's possible to have more than 1 pokemon swarming/roaming at the same time?(srry to ask this but i'm in school and i don't have time to test it out)
You cannot. I have made it so that you can only have one pokemon either swarming or roaming in that map, but not both.
The only solution for this is to use a Level Script to select which roaming pokemon appears or if a swarm happens.
Here are the links for my work

Currently working on:
Battle Script Documentation
Another large project
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Sonikku17
Wanderer

Nature: Impish
This is really amazing! I've tried out a couple of the features you added, and it's simply incredible. Thanks for putting so much time into this, it really helps out amateur hackers like myself! Also, a quick question: Would there be any way for you to add some way to control what music plays during trainer battles?
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:49 PM
VvInstinctvV
Beginning Trainer

One feature that would be awesome is if you made it to where it was compatible with larger sprites than 64X64, so that we could include all the d/p sprites (80X80) without shrinking them.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:56 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Could you make a special that forces a move to be taught to that location, even though there may be empty slots?

Also, is there a way to set what map bank and number the Swarming Pokémon or Roaming Pokémon is at? Also, how would you make it so that after you encounter a Roaming Pokémon, it moves to another map?

Another cool idea would be something like the Behavior bytes changing, where you could force an item to be usable and run a script.

And maybe, as an addon to the sethealingplace hack, you could do something that would let you change the text pointers that are called during the run home thing, aka "[PLAYER] scurried home, protecting..", "MOM: Oh, hello, sweetie! Did your POKéMON faint?...", and "MOM: There you go! All healthy and happy!..." or however they go. This would be useful for people who want to have many different places where different things are said upon fainting.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles

Last edited by diegoisawesome; September 20th, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old September 20th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
Uhhhh... why are there alot of events on map 3.0?(pallet town map)
Are they there for a reason?
I patched over my hack btw (didnt even start scripting)
Paired with Druyii.
Old September 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
justinufer
Learner

Nature: Relaxed
Would it be possible for you to make it so that you can change the amount of items you can have in your pc item box?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Can you hack the engine so that no scripts are deleted?
Good work!

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:59 AM
-DarK-
Hold Your Colour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -DarK-
Is there a posibility to make a sort of "follow" script? I mean, more meant for the yellow hacks, so that pikachu (or for non-yellow hacks, even better, all possible pokemon, much like in HG/SS) can follow you around?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
giova90
Moebius

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DarK- View Post
Is there a posibility to make a sort of "follow" script? I mean, more meant for the yellow hacks, so that pikachu (or for non-yellow hacks, even better, all possible pokemon, much like in HG/SS) can follow you around?
the same my question on a previuos page(but without replies) XD
This signature has been disabled.
75 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
"If death is your wish..."
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Very cool. Briliant. May i suggest one more features? I noticed lately, there are hackers that want to fit more regions, why don't you expand the size of the rom (if you can do it of course).

You officially have my thanks. XD
"... prepare to have it granted."

Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
giova90
Moebius

Nature: Adamant
ok ...someone have already added some OW and palette?....i've followed the manual but once modified the hack on my HEX the rom does error in every programs(advance map and overworld editor)...
so as already somebody ask it, release a patch that adds a great number of OW and palette(i could be awesome have every OW pokemon like HG SS) because i guess it's important for many hackers to have this..........................................................................................................
This signature has been disabled.
75 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
justinufer
Learner

Also would you be able to make it so that there is a script that we use to save the game?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:28 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Marverick View Post
Very cool. Briliant. May i suggest one more features? I noticed lately, there are hackers that want to fit more regions, why don't you expand the size of the rom (if you can do it of course).

You officially have my thanks. XD
XSE has a ROM expander... Up to 32 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinufer View Post
Also would you be able to make it so that there is a script that we use to save the game?
There is already a script like that.
Check the Battle Tower / Trainer Tower / Battle Colosseum / Union Room / Anything else that makes you save.

The script will tell all...
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>

Last edited by 0m3GA ARS3NAL; September 22nd, 2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
~Poke~
Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Wolf View Post
Can you hack the engine so that no scripts are deleted?
Good work!
Step 1: Get both this patch and the patch linked to on this page that only deletes the scripts.

Step 2: Patch both to clean roms.

Step 3: Use LIPS to create a patch from the hacked engine. Then when it asks for a clean rom direct it to the other patched rom.

Step 4. The patch it produces will leave all scripts but still have a hacked engine.
I refuse to enter a battle of the wits with you,
it's against my morals to attack an unarmed person.

Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
JPAN
pokemon rom researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Poke~ View Post
Step 1: Get both this patch and the patch linked to on this page that only deletes the scripts.

Step 2: Patch both to clean roms.

Step 3: Use LIPS to create a patch from the hacked engine. Then when it asks for a clean rom direct it to the other patched rom.

Step 4. The patch it produces will leave all scripts but still have a hacked engine.
Actually, this will render this hack useless. That is because I used the Script Area of the ROM to implement all code. If you want to use the old scripts, simply copy them from the original code and repoint them into your ROM.

Currently working on:
Another large project
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAN View Post
Actually, this will render this hack useless. That is because I used the Script Area of the ROM to implement all code. If you want to use the old scripts, simply copy them from the original code and repoint them into your ROM.
Er, I did that, and it's working just fine...

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Surf

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
I've been having difficulty with the timer.
How can I get it to show what time it has recorded, in a msgbox?
Do I have to call a var?
I'm looking for some good (When I say good,
I mean you can hold your own by yourself)
N**i Zombies players, to form a team or even a
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:31 AM
JPAN
pokemon rom researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
I've been having difficulty with the timer.
How can I get it to show what time it has recorded, in a msgbox?
Do I have to call a var?
Using Special2 0x(variable) 0x4a, it will read out the timer to the variable.
buffernumber 0x0 0x(variable) will buffer the time in seconds for the buffer 0
To print that, just use a normal msgbox that contains in its text a \v\h02.

If you want to print in the hours, minutes and Seconds format, you may use the VarMaths specials to make it into sizable chunks.
Code:
(assuming the variable you used in the special call was 0x8007)
writebytetooffset 0x07 0x0203f4d8
writebytetooffset 0x80 0x0203f4d9
setvar 0x8000 0x3c
writebytetooffset 0x00 0x0203f4da
writebytetooffset 0x80 0x0203f4db
special2 0x(seconds) 0x41
special2 0x(minutes) 0x41
buffernumber 0x2 0x(seconds)
buffernumber 0x1 0x(minutes)
buffernumber 0x0 0x8007
msgbox 0x @text (text = \v\h01:\v\h02:\v\h03)

Currently working on:
Another large project
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
If there were a way to store the players X and Y coordinates along with what map they were currently on, then there'd be no stopping me switching to FR now that this is here.
However, as it is Emerald has a workaround for this using one of the original specials. :/

Is there any way you might be able to include this in the next update?
Your work is fantastic, and I desperately want to be able to make use of it. xD
eram quod es, eris quod sum
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Nature: Timid
Hi there!
Hmmm...I've come now with a sugestion and a problem(again)!

So the sugestion is: You can make something that forces the player to battle (in wildbattles) until death, capture or kill the poke!If it helps,check the legendarie battle scripts,it could be something there that will help you, since it checks if the player killed the poke or captured it or run from battle(but outside of battle,and my idea is inside battle).Its for the people that want a Pal Park.And if you can make a wildbattle check if the player run instead of capturing or killing the pokemon then instead of making the pokemon appear the times you put,appear until you kill or capture the pokemon like for Pal Park.(of curse you have to put another variable to check if the rom hacker wants it!)

The problem is:I know that you tell to not use the predefined pokemon part of special 56 (roaming/swarming),but before i tell you that bug,i had noticed another bug: with the normal pokemon numbers, the times that they appear is correct(i mean,if you put 5 times,he appears 5 times) but if you use a predefined pokemon he appears infinitely time,even if you put it to appear 1 time.

Thats it,

~Sonic1~

My Site (UNDER CONSTRUCTION):

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER
Sou o Dark rayquaza da antiga myutsu.net

My Laptop SPECS:

Credits to Eagledelt for the wonderfull sign :D

Last edited by sonic1; September 24th, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

I have 3 questions.

1. Is it possible to add a way to change the graphic of the old man special (of him throwing the pokeball), perhaps using load pointer?

2. Is it possible to add a way to have a script load every time any map is loaded?

3. Is it possible to add a way to have a script load every time the player takes a step?

Keep up the good work.
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Well you could try to make some update such that we can insert all the 493 Pokemon and their info.
Old September 26th, 2009, 05:03 PM
ΡλЯλđΘЖ
Insane

Nature: Quiet
Hey, I was wondering if you could include something that lets you change the players OW, Back, and Front sprites during gameplay (like a script or something).
If something like this already exists, sorry.

I carry a big gun...

Last edited by ΡλЯλđΘЖ; September 26th, 2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: clarifying something
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:45 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic-X View Post
Hey, I was wondering if you could include something that lets you change the players OW, Back, and Front sprites during gameplay (like a script or something).
If something like this already exists, sorry.
You can already do something like that. HackMew will be writing an ASM tutorial on how to do so.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links