The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.


View Poll Results: S+M staff are great
Yes 2,147,483,647 100.00%
Yes 999 100.00%
No 0 0%
Maybe 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

 
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Ikitsumi's Avatar
Ikitsumi
Oh geez, look what I made.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In a tiny little dorm room.
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Ikitsumi Send a message via Skype™ to Ikitsumi
OK, so I imported a Teddiursa that knows Dynamicpunch from my Emerald, as well as a Smeargle that I caught that sketched Dynamicpunch. Any way that I can breed to get another Teddiursa to have that move?
__________________
  #77    
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Pokedra's Avatar
Pokedra
Retired bean.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Places
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikitsumi View Post
OK, so I imported a Teddiursa that knows Dynamicpunch from my Emerald, as well as a Smeargle that I caught that sketched Dynamicpunch. Any way that I can breed to get another Teddiursa to have that move?
I don't think so, DynamicPunch is a move tutor move from Emerald and I don't think it can be bred down. Sorry =(
  #78    
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Mr. Epic's Avatar
Mr. Epic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Nature: Adamant
Anyone have any good pokemon for an OU sunnyday team?
  #79    
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychometric. View Post
Anyone have any good pokemon for an OU sunnyday team?
Heatran, Eggy, Victreebel, Tangrowth etc.

Basically fire pokes and pokes with chlorophyll .
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
  #80    
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
sims796's Avatar
sims796
We're A-Comin', Princess!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Yeah, I'm a New Yorker, like Luigi)
Age: 24
Gender:
Nature: Lax
VIIIIIIIIIIIIILPLUUUUUUUME.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
No spoilers allowed in signature.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #81    
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Mr. Epic's Avatar
Mr. Epic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims796 View Post
VIIIIIIIIIIIIILPLUUUUUUUME.
I have already chosen him! One of the integral members of the team. :D
  #82    
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Valarauca's Avatar
Valarauca
I > U for all real values of U
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MTU
Nature: Quiet
After spraining my ankle I haven't been able to move around my dorms that much, so I decided to start applying my skill Computer Science to Pokemon. With the lack of anything better to do with my spare time I decided to start making a piece of software to make Pokemon Move/EV sets. Anyways I need help on two fronts, neither requires knowledge about computers.

I haven't played a Pokemon since about November. And I haven't been Shoddybattle for a while longer. So my knowledge of the current Meta-game is well... umm non-existent. So what I am asking for is this.

-A basic list of the most common OU sweepers and walls/bulky, no more then 30(?).
-A basic list of common moves that will be used competitively, by either the Pokemon in question and the test Pokemon.

Thank you to the moderator that approves this, and Thank your to who ever actually helps me. In the mean time, I'll start making a AI that can battle worth crap...
__________________

"Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall."
  #83    
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Aurafire's Avatar
Aurafire
provider of cake
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarauca View Post
After spraining my ankle I haven't been able to move around my dorms that much, so I decided to start applying my skill Computer Science to Pokemon. With the lack of anything better to do with my spare time I decided to start making a piece of software to make Pokemon Move/EV sets. Anyways I need help on two fronts, neither requires knowledge about computers.

I haven't played a Pokemon since about November. And I haven't been Shoddybattle for a while longer. So my knowledge of the current Meta-game is well... umm non-existent. So what I am asking for is this.

-A basic list of the most common OU sweepers and walls/bulky, no more then 30(?).
-A basic list of common moves that will be used competitively, by either the Pokemon in question and the test Pokemon.

Thank you to the moderator that approves this, and Thank your to who ever actually helps me. In the mean time, I'll start making a AI that can battle worth crap...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

Threats in the OU Metagame, this thread will show you what you're most likely to see in competitive battles in terms of both common pokemon and movesets :D
__________________

  #84    
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Valarauca's Avatar
Valarauca
I > U for all real values of U
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MTU
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurafire View Post
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

Threats in the OU Metagame, this thread will show you what you're most likely to see in competitive battles in terms of both common pokemon and movesets :D
Thanks, I guess I'll just adhoc some defensive sets from what smogon has in there pokedex
__________________

"Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall."
  #85    
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
ChronicEdge's Avatar
ChronicEdge
Space Lion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to ChronicEdge
Here's a question. For my OU Baton Pass team, which would you recommend: Togekiss with BP and the normal Serene Grace stuff, or Drifblim with Unburden and a Leichi berry with Sub, Calm Mind/Stockpile, BP and Shadow Ball/TB? My idea for this is to provide a late game boost to my sweeper, most likely Electivire or Porygon-Z.
__________________


As always, thank you, PC'ers, for tolerating the crap that comes out of my mouth.
  #86    
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Hi, I'm doing a Psyhic mono team (If you know me then you would know I've being working on perfecting this team for awhile but that's besides the point)
Right now I'm going over team synergy mostlty how each Pokemon's movesets cover Ghost, Dark, and Bug types, which are Psychic's there weaknesses.

Here are my two options and what I've figured are the pros and cons of each, involving the movesets between Cresselia and Gallade:

1) Run Signal Beam on Cresselia and Night Slash on Gallade
Option 1 gives Gallade coverage against Ghost-types. However I really don't see how this will save him since his Speed is horribly slow. Shadow Sneak I've found
the damage output to be too disappointing on my Jolly Gallade to use, and he needs to be Jolly to outspeed Adamant Luke. Most Ghost-types I've assumed will GG Gallade before he even gets the chance to Slash them due to his above mentioned disappointing speed.

2) Run T-Wave on Cresselia and X-Scissor on Gallade.
The reason why I want X-Scissor is to have a way to get rid of Celebi. Other than X-Scissor on Gallade or Signal Beam on Cresselia, the only other Bug move I have is U-Turn on Jirachi. This gives my team T-Wave support to help Gallade manage with his bad Speed stat, but at the cost of the move Night Slash.

So in order to make my decision I need to know:
1) Is Jolly Gallade (252 Speed EVs for reference) too slow to carry Night Slash because faster Darks will dispove of him first?
2) How much damage will Jolly Gallade (252 Attack EVs, Life Orb) do to Celebi using Night Slash if I use that over X-Scissor.
3) Signal Beam allows Cress to put a dent in enemy Darks, but if Night Slash will do respectable damage to Celebi even if X-Scissor is axed, I probably will use T-Wave.

Movesets for reference:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Modest nature
EVs: 252 HP/152 Defense/32 Sp Attack/72 Sp Defense
Moves:
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Lunar Dance
-Signal Beam / Thunder Wave

Gallade @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
EVs: 6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Moves:
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash / X-Scissor
  #87    
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:17 PM
wolf's Avatar
wolf
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
@ ChronicEdge: I'm not experienced with Baton Pass teams so I can't suggest anything.

Quote:
1) Is Jolly Gallade (252 Speed EVs for reference) too slow to carry Night Slash because faster Darks will dispove of him first?
There is still Rotom-A (who is really common right now), Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Cresselia, Starmie, etc. CC + Night Slash hits everything for at least neutral except Heracross and Gallade, so it's really useful.

Quote:
2) How much damage will Jolly Gallade (252 Attack EVs, Life Orb) do to Celebi using Night Slash if I use that over X-Scissor.
Night Slash
349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (70 Base Power): 144 - 170 (35.64% - 42.08%)

X-Scissor
349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 328 - 388 (81.19% - 96.04%)

Quote:
3) Signal Beam allows Cress to put a dent in enemy Darks, but if Night Slash will do respectable damage to Celebi even if X-Scissor is axed, I probably will use T-Wave.

Movesets for reference:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Modest nature
EVs: 252 HP/152 Defense/32 Sp Attack/72 Sp Defense
Moves:
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Lunar Dance
-Signal Beam / Thunder Wave

Gallade @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
EVs: 6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Moves:
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash / X-Scissor
Thunder Wave would be nice on Cresselia mainly because it would be set-up fodder without it for stuff like Gyarados. :[ And, even if you can hit Dark-types with Signal Beam, you wouldn't want to stay in on them regardless because you will be at risk of being OHKOed. So, Thunder Wave is a lot more useful in my opinion, and Gallade makes good use of it.
  #88    
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:25 PM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf. View Post
@ ChronicEdge: I'm not experienced with Baton Pass teams so I can't suggest anything.

There is still Rotom-A (who is really common right now), Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Cresselia, Starmie, etc. CC + Night Slash hits everything for at least neutral except Heracross and Gallade, so it's really useful.

Night Slash
349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (70 Base Power): 144 - 170 (35.64% - 42.08%)

X-Scissor
349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 328 - 388 (81.19% - 96.04%)

Thunder Wave would be nice on Cresselia mainly because it would be set-up fodder without it for stuff like Gyarados. :[ And, even if you can hit Dark-types with Signal Beam, you wouldn't want to stay in on them regardless because you will be at risk of being OHKOed. So, Thunder Wave is a lot more useful in my opinion, and Gallade makes good use of it.
So I guess Option 1 is the verdict here. I'm only afraid that Celebi remains a threat. Without any bug moves besides U-Turn on my Jirachi. ]

Night Slash does hit Gallade neutral and Hera is killed by Psycho Cut. Can someone also run how much Timid Alakazam does to Celebi using Shadow Ball.

I know X-Scissor can OHKO Celebi after SR damage and Night Slash can probably 2KO.
  #89    
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicEdge View Post
Here's a question. For my OU Baton Pass team, which would you recommend: Togekiss with BP and the normal Serene Grace stuff, or Drifblim with Unburden and a Leichi berry with Sub, Calm Mind/Stockpile, BP and Shadow Ball/TB? My idea for this is to provide a late game boost to my sweeper, most likely Electivire or Porygon-Z.
The idea is to use GOOD sweepers who arent walled by everything, on baton pass teams.

Metagross and Lucario are MUCH better recipitants.
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
  #90    
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:39 PM
wolf's Avatar
wolf
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Night Slash does hit Gallade neutral and Hera is killed by Psycho Cut.
Oh wait, I meant Toxicroak and Heracross lol. :x

Quote:
Can someone also run how much Timid Alakazam does to Celebi using Shadow Ball.
With LO: 369 Atk vs 236 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 236 - 278 (58.42% - 68.81%)

Quote:
I know X-Scissor can OHKO Celebi after SR damage and Night Slash can probably 2KO.
Yeah, two switches into SR and it probably 2HKOs (not including Leftovers though).
  #91    
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf. View Post
Oh wait, I meant Toxicroak and Heracross lol. :x


With LO: 369 Atk vs 236 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 236 - 278 (58.42% - 68.81%)


Yeah, two switches into SR and it probably 2HKOs (not including Leftovers though).
Based on those calculations I should be using Zam to off Celebi not Gallade. Though Gallade may be able to manage after Celebi has been paralyzed by T-Wave so he can outspeed it but I'll be using Zam Shadow Ball against it since its a for sure 2KO, probably even after Leftovers.

Thanks.
  #92    
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Black Mage's Avatar
Black Mage
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Celebi has Natural Cure so it can switch out and get rid of its paralysis.
__________________
  #93    
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
Based on those calculations I should be using Zam to off Celebi not Gallade. Though Gallade may be able to manage after Celebi has been paralyzed by T-Wave so he can outspeed it but I'll be using Zam Shadow Ball against it since its a for sure 2KO, probably even after Leftovers.

Thanks.

Celebi commonly carries T-Wave + Reflect these days so it basically can cripple you worse than you can cripple it.
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
  #94    
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
wolf's Avatar
wolf
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Is Magnezone + Magneton considered breaking the Species Clause?
  #95    
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf. View Post
Is Magnezone + Magneton considered breaking the Species Clause?
Nope, since technically they are different pokes. Its just the same pokes that break it.
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
  #96    
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Pokedra's Avatar
Pokedra
Retired bean.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Places
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf. View Post
Is Magnezone + Magneton considered breaking the Species Clause?
Quote:
Smogon Definition - Two or more of the same Pokémon may not be used on the same team.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't break it, the clause only states the same Pokemon.

EDIT : Beaten
  #97    
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:57 PM
.Aero's Avatar
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
The official rule on that is if the pokemon don't have the same pokedex number, then they are different species.
__________________
WORTH
  #98    
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Skip Shot's Avatar
Skip Shot
I'm back. I think.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the swimming pool
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
How many Sp.Atk EVs does a Sceptile need to guarantee an OHKO on the standard Mixpert?
__________________
I'm back. But not as active as before. 2 years has been too long.

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

  #99    
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Aurafire's Avatar
Aurafire
provider of cake
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Shot View Post
How many Sp.Atk EVs does a Sceptile need to guarantee an OHKO on the standard Mixpert?
With which attack?

Leaf Storm is a clean OHKO without any Special Attack EVs, and I doubt you need any significant EV investment for Energy Ball to OHKO. Calc said it did like 99% minimum to Max HP Swampert.
__________________

  #100    
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Skip Shot's Avatar
Skip Shot
I'm back. I think.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the swimming pool
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurafire View Post
With which attack?

Leaf Storm is a clean OHKO without any Special Attack EVs, and I doubt you need any significant EV investment for Energy Ball to OHKO. Calc said it did like 99% minimum to Max HP Swampert.
Oh, oops. With Leaf Storm and a neutral nature. Thanks.
__________________
I'm back. But not as active as before. 2 years has been too long.

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.