The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 9th, 2004, 06:59 AM
crc31789
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
None of the images are showing up on this website. I tried to see if it was a problem with my computer, I don't think it is. What should I do about it?

Last edited by crc31789; October 9th, 2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old October 9th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Careful With That Axe, Pichu!

Nature: Careful
You should have notified an admin, Kiri... In the FAQ says so, na? Correct me if i'm wrong...
Old October 9th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
Well…did you read the FAQ? If you have Norton Internet Security installed on your computer, that’s usually the cause. If not, post back and tell us more details like browser etc.
Old October 9th, 2004, 12:28 PM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
It helps to know what layout.

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old October 9th, 2004, 12:41 PM
!Dragonite!

Well i have nortan installed on my computer and they dont show up, this used to happen to me though. I think it might be your browser, because when I use internet explorer I see those Red Xs do but when I use fire fox they dont show up, so try another browser, perferably firefox.
Old October 9th, 2004, 02:04 PM
crc31789
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi
Welldid you read the FAQ? If you have Norton Internet Security installed on your computer, thats usually the cause. If not, post back and tell us more details like browser etc.
Yes, I read the FAQ. I did try disabling it and turning it off, nothing changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer
It helps to know what layout.
It's all of the layouts >_< The actual images for the Midnight Misty layout (the buttons and the banner at the top) are showing up. It's the images for the actual site (the avatars, the emoticons, and the buttons) which are located in "http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/") that are not showing up.

So I don't think it's a problem with my computer. I wanted to make sure though before I asked someone to fix it. But everyone who's posted so far on this thread doesn't seem to have this problem, so is it just my computer?

Last edited by crc31789; October 9th, 2004 at 02:11 PM.
Old October 9th, 2004, 02:23 PM
!Dragonite!

Did you read my post? I used to have this problem, I think it is your browser. I used to have this same problem, but then I switched to my firefox browser and now I don't have the problem any more.

So my advice is to get the firefox browser.
Old October 9th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Kairi

That definitely sounds like Norton or you computer then. Ahh…telling us which browser you use may help, but odds are it’s NIS. In 2003 disabling it would fix the issue, dunno about 2004. =\
Old October 9th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Oooh... Kwesi had a solution to this a few months back.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 9th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Kairi

He did? What was that? @_@;
Old October 9th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I can't remember. It was about Windows' Internet options.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
crc31789
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi
That definitely sounds like Norton or you computer then. Ahhtelling us which browser you use may help, but odds are its NIS. In 2003 disabling it would fix the issue, dunno about 2004. =\
Sorry, someone mentioned the brower earlier and I meant to tell you. I use Internet Explorer.

Quote:
Did you read my post? I used to have this problem, I think it is your browser. I used to have this same problem, but then I switched to my firefox browser and now I don't have the problem any more.

So my advice is to get the firefox browser.
Well, thank you for your advice but I like the browser I'm using.

When I first came across this site the images were showing up, this only started a few weeks or so ago. If that's significant.

Also, other vBulletin sites work--including the homepage, including Serebii.net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
Oooh... Kwesi had a solution to this a few months back.
You mean this one.

I searched for it. >_o Kwesi isn't the whole name either so I had to figure that out too. XP

*sigh* Now, I tried all of that except the trying another browser thing. And none of it worked.

Edit: Okay, I tried Firefox. The images show up, but I don't like it. :/ I prefer Internet Explorer. Is everyone sure there's no way for me to get the images to work with Internet Explorer?

Last edited by crc31789; October 9th, 2004 at 06:19 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here