• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
>>I was wondering if, when a Pokémon originally caught in Gen III Kanto, it's caught location will show up as the same on HG/SS? For instance, will a Pikachu caught in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen say it was caught in Viridian Forest when it is traded to the new games?

I don't really know about D/P/P/HG/SS (since I haven't tried) but if you trade from LF/FR to R/S/E and vise versa you get the following description:
"X nature, obtained in a trade"
Do you know about the quote feature? XD
And presumably it would either say that, or it might just say transerred from kanto or something.... or farawayplace.
not sure though.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
>>Do you know about the quote feature? XD

I only use it like this when I quote small sentences.

By the way, if you migrate, you don't really need to trade certain Pokemon as they can be found on grass.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
Thank you I just realized that I had it the whole time!

I now have another question. I have all eight badges, but Katone will not let me cross the sea to Kanto? Is there something I have to do first?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
No, so do I have to catch Lugia? If so it's at the whirl islands thing right and isn't it?

Edit-Also how many island are there and which island?

Years
Before you go to Whirl Islands you have to fight the Kimono Girls at Ecruteak City, and then go to the Islands. The correct path to follow is the top right island, and hug the north wall. Should be straightforward from there.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
Years

can anyone tell me how to rematch other trainers from your
pokegear?(not the gym leaders).. many thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010

can anyone tell me how to rematch other trainers from your
pokegear?(not the gym leaders).. many thanks in advance

when they call you , just go to where you battled them before and they will battle you , though its kinda confusing when its japanese

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
Ya can go there from each of isles...
It really doesn't matter... more you'll explore more items you'll find .)

Before you go to Whirl Islands you have to fight the Kimono Girls at Ecruteak City, and then go to the Islands. The correct path to follow is the top right island, and hug the north wall. Should be straightforward from there.

Thanks both of you for the help. Hopefully I'll catch Lugia tonight (I'm at school right now).

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
Im stuck in Kanto, Ive beaten whoever the hell are the new gym leaders, ugh, the ones in Saffron and Fuchsia City, and Ive beaten Erica and Lt Surge. Now Misty is not in her gym (?) I cant get to Cinnabar Island cuz I guess the river thing is under construction from Fuchsia City. Snorlax is in the way of Diglett Cave and I dont know how to get the Pokeflute. Im completely lost, help?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
Years
Cinnabar I'm assuming you'll be able to get to once you've beaten 1-6. You need to meet Misty at the Cerulean Cape (where Bill's house is) in order to get her go, then you need to get the Machine Part from her Gym. After that, go to the Power Plant to get it up and running again, and you'll get the Pokeflute Song on the Radio... either from the Power Plant or Lavender's Radio Tower, I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
K went to Cerulean Cape, no Misty, just some old guy. Went to the Power Plant and came back to Cerulean City, went to the gym, Team Rocket guy was there, found him on the bridge, battled him. and he ran away, where do I go next? Ive been to the power plant after and everything and dont know what to do...

Thanks again for all your help.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Im stuck in Kanto, Ive beaten whoever the hell are the new gym leaders, ugh, the ones in Saffron and Fuchsia City, and Ive beaten Erica and Lt Surge. Now Misty is not in her gym (?) I cant get to Cinnabar Island cuz I guess the river thing is under construction from Fuchsia City. Snorlax is in the way of Diglett Cave and I dont know how to get the Pokeflute. Im completely lost, help?

Saffron doesn't have a new Gym Leader.

That's Sabrina, three years after FR/LG.

Haven't you ever played the orignal GSC?

The two new Gym leaders are:

Janine, who takes her Father(Koga)'s position, and Blue, who Replaces Giovanni after he originally disbanded Team Rocket.

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
Saffron doesn't have a new Gym Leader.

That's Sabrina, three years after FR/LG.

Haven't you ever played the orignal GSC?
Ive played Silver many a time, but not since 2003 cause my battery broke :(

Sorry I havent played Fire Red or anything, and I do realize now its Sabrina, yeesh it has been a while since Ive played Red nor Silver.

Im not gonna lie Im not digging the new Kanto, theyre trying to make a story out of it, which is extremely difficult for me because the game is in Japanese. And everything has been changed, I liked it in GSC where its pretty linear, just go to every town and get the badge, it was kind of like a bonus stage. The basic story in Johto takes roughly 16-18 hours to beat, and I was really playing it to see the remade Kanto and I cant say to the least that I am slighlty disappointed.

Years
K went to Cerulean Cape, no Misty, just some old guy. Went to the Power Plant and came back to Cerulean City, went to the gym, Team Rocket guy was there, found him on the bridge, battled him. and he ran away, where do I go next? Ive been to the power plant after and everything and dont know what to do...

Thanks again for all your help.
after you've beaten him on the bridge you need to go and get the machine part from misty's gym which is on a pile of surf rings, then you need to take the part to the powerplant...

Sorry I havent played Fire Red or anything, and I do realize now its Sabrina, yeesh it has been a while since Ive played Red nor Silver.

Im not gonna lie Im not digging the new Kanto, theyre trying to make a story out of it, which is extremely difficult for me because the game is in Japanese. And everything has been changed, I liked it in GSC where its pretty linear, just go to every town and get the badge, it was kind of like a bonus stage. The basic story in Johto takes roughly 16-18 hours to beat, and I was really playing it to see the remade Kanto and I cant say to the least that I am slighlty disappointed.
well that belongs in the complaints thread... XD

bobandbill

one more time
Years

• Trying to make a story out of it? Besides Suicune/Eusine and maybe some mini-plots/minor people appearing like, say Steven Stone, it plays like it did with GSC almost to a T - same Power Plant plot, same Snorlax, same Magent Train miniquest... I don't see much wrong with more stuff to do either, personally. *shrugs* And differences in those are pretty minor - in general it's exactly the same.
  • Don't really see the point on complaining about the 'story' there either because you don't understand it - you will in the English version, but you should have expected that you won't get what they're saying when you played the Japanese version...?
  • It's actually about as 'linear' as Kanto was in GSC, which is not very much at all. You could do the gyms in nearly any order both then and now (even the same order as FR/LG with Brock first if you just did side-quests first)... Nor do I particularly like being forced to go somewhere in a linear manner myself, but again differing opinions... nonetheless, neither were/are all that linear. =/
  • Wrong place - try the Complaints thread next time - helping only here. =P

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Question! Where are the best places to EV train? There's no VS. Seeker in this one.. and the only good place I've found so far is フスベ(Fusube) city where there's only Magikarp for speed EVs. I would trade to D/P, but I don't have another DS right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back