The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed Darkstar:Road To Dreams
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Daily Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read


Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Who should be the champion?
Zorthan 10 32.26%
Eleana 3 9.68%
Riley 9 29.03%
Razor 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old May 30th, 2009 (6:00 AM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
Still lit af
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Witty
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,282
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
I haven't the time to fixthe bugs. X.x sorry.
__________________
Take Off OOC / IC | Pair
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #277    
Old June 2nd, 2009 (2:57 PM).
ChunnyyxD's Avatar
ChunnyyxD ChunnyyxD is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gender:
Posts: 5
Awesome storyline! I've been playing for a few minutes and enjoyed it very much(:
Do you mind if I make a support banner for you?
Reply With Quote
  #278    
Old June 3rd, 2009 (1:05 AM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
Still lit af
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Witty
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,282
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
Thanks,and no,i don't mind.Put it in your sig,if you want.
Thank you!
__________________
Take Off OOC / IC | Pair
Reply With Quote
  #279    
Old June 10th, 2009 (11:34 PM).
Taz Maverick's Avatar
Taz Maverick Taz Maverick is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PokeTopia
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 124
Oh..this is the third hack now,i guess....
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #280    
Old June 13th, 2009 (11:04 PM).
Arcelio's Avatar
Arcelio Arcelio is offline
This was a triumph.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Currently residing in the Johto region.
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 242
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
Bugs/Gllitches
-When using the Running Shoes, the character sprite changes back to the normal Firered sprite.
-After atempting to leave Drask Twon towards the East and being stopped by the guard, attempting to leave the way you came in transports you into literally the "middle of a building", where you cannot move or get down.
-At the start of "Sinea Route" you can walk right off the ledge next to the "Team Rocket" looking sprites.
-Cranados' menu sprite is a Gligar, and Buizel's is a Mawile.
-Abra has Hidden Power in the wild. May or may not be a bug.
-Various grammatical errors. I am willing to point them out if asked.
-Not really a glitch, but a tip. I would remove "Sonicboom" from Buizel's moveset, because it makes Buizel slighty overpowered at the start of the game.
-I didn't recieve any Pokeballs after getting the Pokedex.
-Talking to the trainer near the "Team Rocket" looking sprites freezes the game.
-Speaking to the "Team Rocket" sprites also froze the game.
-While fighting the "Rival" for the first time, the Ralts he uses has it's gender next to it's name. Does this serve a purpose?
-Text got kinda weird after beating the Rival the first time.
-On the signs in "Vent Camp". within the houses. the text reads "o much".
-Inside the first gym, the "Leader" is ?
-After defeating Rico, your name is not added to the "Winning Trainers" list.
-The statue within the gym stills says "Viridian Gym"
-On "Esped Route", the first sign says "Oute".
I wouldn't be much of a critic if I didn't point out the pros, would I?
-New Regions-
I'm a sucker for new regions. I suppose it's because of the fact that I resent Nintendo for taking two to three years to make new areas to make new regions/pokemon.
-Various Pokemon at the starting areas-
More pokemon in the beginning means more a wider array of moves you can use. I've always liked that.
-Starter Pokemon-
Cranidos and Shieldon really suprised me. I liked it though.Plus it alows me to chose my play style. Cranidos for all out attacking, and Shieldon for a more defensive style of play.
-Buying the Tyrouge for money-
I've always liked this idea since the player was allowed the choice of buying the Magikarp back in the original Red version. The price was smart aswell. High enough that you can't buy it outright, but not so high that it seems imposibble early on.
-The First Gym-
The whole "spinning tiles" thing has always been something I've liked about the Saffron Gym. I'm glad you put it in the first.

Suggestions/Questions
-For the first "official" gym, can you put the type of gym somewhere? On the sign or in a NPC's text. I felt like I was going in blind.
-No Pokemon Center in Vent Camp. What is up with that? I know that there's a Rest House, put people might not realize that's the "PokeCenter" so to speak.
-I would recommend changing Rico's sprite from Giovanni's to something different.
-Rico's Starvavia is a accuracy manipulating S.O.B! Please change that.
-Do the five rocks south of Vent Camp provide any to the main story, or are they simply for show?

That's as far as I've gotten at this time. When I find more glitches/bugs, or I have something to add, I'll post again. Other then the few problems I came across, this beta was quite enjoyable. I look forward to the next beta release.
__________________


Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Reply With Quote
  #281    
Old June 16th, 2009 (1:17 PM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
Still lit af
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Witty
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,282
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcelio View Post
Bugs/Gllitches
-When using the Running Shoes, the character sprite changes back to the normal Firered sprite.
-After atempting to leave Drask Twon towards the East and being stopped by the guard, attempting to leave the way you came in transports you into literally the "middle of a building", where you cannot move or get down.
-At the start of "Sinea Route" you can walk right off the ledge next to the "Team Rocket" looking sprites.
-Cranados' menu sprite is a Gligar, and Buizel's is a Mawile.
-Abra has Hidden Power in the wild. May or may not be a bug.
-Various grammatical errors. I am willing to point them out if asked.
-Not really a glitch, but a tip. I would remove "Sonicboom" from Buizel's moveset, because it makes Buizel slighty overpowered at the start of the game.
-I didn't recieve any Pokeballs after getting the Pokedex.
-Talking to the trainer near the "Team Rocket" looking sprites freezes the game.
-Speaking to the "Team Rocket" sprites also froze the game.
-While fighting the "Rival" for the first time, the Ralts he uses has it's gender next to it's name. Does this serve a purpose?
-Text got kinda weird after beating the Rival the first time.
-On the signs in "Vent Camp". within the houses. the text reads "o much".
-Inside the first gym, the "Leader" is ?
-After defeating Rico, your name is not added to the "Winning Trainers" list.
-The statue within the gym stills says "Viridian Gym"
-On "Esped Route", the first sign says "Oute".
I wouldn't be much of a critic if I didn't point out the pros, would I?
-New Regions-
I'm a sucker for new regions. I suppose it's because of the fact that I resent Nintendo for taking two to three years to make new areas to make new regions/pokemon.
-Various Pokemon at the starting areas-
More pokemon in the beginning means more a wider array of moves you can use. I've always liked that.
-Starter Pokemon-
Cranidos and Shieldon really suprised me. I liked it though.Plus it alows me to chose my play style. Cranidos for all out attacking, and Shieldon for a more defensive style of play.
-Buying the Tyrouge for money-
I've always liked this idea since the player was allowed the choice of buying the Magikarp back in the original Red version. The price was smart aswell. High enough that you can't buy it outright, but not so high that it seems imposibble early on.
-The First Gym-
The whole "spinning tiles" thing has always been something I've liked about the Saffron Gym. I'm glad you put it in the first.

Suggestions/Questions
-For the first "official" gym, can you put the type of gym somewhere? On the sign or in a NPC's text. I felt like I was going in blind.
-No Pokemon Center in Vent Camp. What is up with that? I know that there's a Rest House, put people might not realize that's the "PokeCenter" so to speak.
-I would recommend changing Rico's sprite from Giovanni's to something different.
-Rico's Starvavia is a accuracy manipulating S.O.B! Please change that.
-Do the five rocks south of Vent Camp provide any to the main story, or are they simply for show?

That's as far as I've gotten at this time. When I find more glitches/bugs, or I have something to add, I'll post again. Other then the few problems I came across, this beta was quite enjoyable. I look forward to the next beta release.

Ok,that is some useful report,thanks a lot!I hope you like it
__________________
Take Off OOC / IC | Pair
Reply With Quote
  #282    
Old July 6th, 2009 (10:11 AM).
Matija's Avatar
Matija Matija is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Croatia (Grubišno Polje)
Gender:
Nature: Brave
Posts: 7
I downloaded it and now im making a playthrough that i will be uploading on youtube.Cool story and cool game :D
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #283    
Old July 6th, 2009 (11:21 PM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
Still lit af
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Witty
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,282
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matija View Post
I downloaded it and now im making a playthrough that i will be uploading on youtube.Cool story and cool game :D
Woah,playthrough? Thats great,thanks!

Can you PM with the links so i can add them to the main post?

Thanks a lot!
__________________
Take Off OOC / IC | Pair
Reply With Quote
  #284    
Old July 23rd, 2009 (10:57 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2009 by Spleen Lordian.
Spleen Lordian's Avatar
Spleen Lordian Spleen Lordian is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 28
When I saved above the stairs at the beginning of the game (in my house) and reset the game, I was playing as a glitched sprite and had very limited movement. Is this just because of where I saved?

EDIT: I just realized that it could be loading the character in the middle of the screen, since I was to the side more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #285    
Old July 23rd, 2009 (10:59 AM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
Still lit af
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Witty
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,282
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Lordian View Post
When I saved above the stairs at the beginning of the game (in my house) and reset the game, I was playing as a glitched sprite and had very limited movement. Is this just because of where I saved?
Its just a glitch of the game. I'm sorry.
__________________
Take Off OOC / IC | Pair
Reply With Quote
  #286    
Old August 4th, 2009 (2:08 PM). Edited August 4th, 2009 by 06s23.
06s23's Avatar
06s23 06s23 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jhoto
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 113
looking Fantastic! well done. good luck with the rest :)
Pokemon Nirvana looks cool
Reply With Quote
  #287    
Old August 5th, 2009 (3:53 AM).
Ragnar Lothbrok's Avatar
Ragnar Lothbrok Ragnar Lothbrok is offline
Odin
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,307
i could help with scripting.............
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #288    
Old August 5th, 2009 (3:55 AM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
Still lit af
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Witty
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,282
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06s23 View Post
looking Fantastic! well done. good luck with the rest
Pokemon Nirvana looks cool
Thanks a bunch, Nirvana will be up in September...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaslucario View Post
i could help with scripting.............
Thanks for the offer, but i'm lucky enough to have scripters with amazing skills, and can script myself.
__________________
Take Off OOC / IC | Pair
Reply With Quote
  #289    
Old August 5th, 2009 (4:55 AM).
DB12 DB12 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Nice hack but wich file do i need to download? the space V or the attached V
Reply With Quote
  #290    
Old August 5th, 2009 (4:59 AM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
Still lit af
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Witty
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,282
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB12 View Post
Nice hack but wich file do i need to download? the space V or the attached V
They are both the same...
__________________
Take Off OOC / IC | Pair
Reply With Quote
  #291    
Old August 9th, 2009 (1:59 AM).
Ice Fire's Avatar
Ice Fire Ice Fire is offline
Ice+Fire=a real funhouse
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Under your fridge
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 33
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ice Fire
All the features sound awesome, especially the shops selling Pokemon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #292    
Old August 21st, 2009 (11:13 PM).
>DrakiL<'s Avatar
>DrakiL< >DrakiL< is offline
Making "Art" and Fakemons
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Funky Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 27
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >DrakiL<
Ray this is such an awesome hack, but one thing whenever I talked to the black-suited guy in the beginning the Emulator crashed, why?
__________________
ughh.. PC loads to slow on a PSP, plus you can't open Spoilers.. Wish I had Internet again
Reply With Quote
  #293    
Old August 31st, 2009 (12:26 PM).
BlackRain BlackRain is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16
this game is realy fun and hard i started a playthrough on youtube
Reply With Quote
  #294    
Old September 6th, 2009 (11:54 PM).
ShuppetShopper's Avatar
ShuppetShopper ShuppetShopper is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Wow man this game is looking tottaly cool, i love the new tiles! :D
Reply With Quote
  #295    
Old September 12th, 2009 (4:09 PM).
DestinyBender's Avatar
DestinyBender DestinyBender is offline
Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Currently playing Pokémon Brown.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 443
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DestinyBender
I like the idea of having Sheildon & Cranidos as starters.. but before I play the game, do they have the cries like from D/P/P?

Just curious :D

~DB
__________________
Love you <3


PC Family
Misty-loving sis
Evil, evil, brother
Rock-loving cousin
Uncle, King of Mafia-ness
Beauty Pair

Looking for pair -hinthint-

Also, a rival. Anyone?

Quotes from movies:
Superhero Movie
The House Bunny
Reply With Quote
  #296    
Old September 16th, 2009 (9:32 AM).
oscario oscario is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender:
Posts: 4
when i try to download this it says find/save when click find nothin happens please help me
Reply With Quote
  #297    
Old September 29th, 2009 (8:01 AM).
Stormzy's Avatar
Stormzy Stormzy is offline
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 7,350
Closed as per owners request.

Closed~
__________________

Pokémon Trinity
[16:53] @Christοs: i like kids
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:46 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.

Acknowledgements
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2016.