The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Blue Beedrill
Im Beeeeding you.....

Nice new screens.
Im really liking your games tiles.
The only thing i don like is how big the screens are and how they have a sort of blur look.
Which emulator do you use? VBA is the best or are you taking print scan of them if you are try using the scren capture option on the emulator.
Just for better quality.

Ok I am currently in the making of my Pokémon
website [The Pokémon Station] but I am the only
person working on it for the moment and that’s
OK, but when the forum is up I am going to need
some Moderators and Administrators.
The sort of skills I am looking for

- Forum Management
- Graphic Design
- CSS & HTML
- Friendly, fare, active
- And a love of Pokemon =D

And even better if you have more to offer...
Apply by PM.
Tell me if button works

*The Pokemon Station*
...Coming Soon...
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beedrill View Post
Nice new screens.
Im really liking your games tiles.
The only thing i don like is how big the screens are and how they have a sort of blur look.
Which emulator do you use? VBA is the best or are you taking print scan of them if you are try using the scren capture option on the emulator.
Just for better quality.
She is using VBA, but is probably taing screens with Ctrl + PrtScr.
There is an option in VBA which takes screenshots.
Old September 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
DestinyBender
Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DestinyBender
This hack looks sooo cool. Best of luck with it!

PC Family
Misty-loving sis
Evil, evil, brother
Rock-loving cousin
Uncle, King of Mafia-ness
Beauty Pair

Looking for pair -hinthint-

Also, a rival. Anyone?

Quotes from movies:
Superhero Movie
The House Bunny
Old September 30th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Those new screenies are nice
Pichu's back is nice with that ribbon but what I don't get is the difference between Pichu one and Pichu two xD
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Sorry to say, but you are using quite a few tiles that are off-limits. I don't want to sound like an ass, but Kyledove does have some off-limit tiles. Apart from that, this game looks awesome. Tiles, OWs, and the general idea is nice. Keep it up.
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro] View Post
Sorry to say, but you are using quite a few tiles that are off-limits. I don't want to sound like an ass, but Kyledove does have some off-limit tiles. Apart from that, this game looks awesome. Tiles, OWs, and the general idea is nice. Keep it up.
Off-limit tiles? *is puzzled, since I got most of those Kyledove tiles from this site (which seems to exist only in cache form at the moment) where they were implied to be "free"* The other tiles, not counting the ones made by me, were made by WesleyFG (also from the site above) and Saurov (from here), as labelled in the first post. Other places where I may have found tiles were on this forum or Google Image Search over the years, or the Spriter's Resource, where I could have picked up things that may not have been free along with the free stuff, without even knowing it...now I feel like a criminal

I really wasn't intending to be a thief and I don't want to remain one...can I be shown the off-limit tiles so I can remove them?

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; September 30th, 2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:22 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Yeah, that site has a history of stealing tiles. Any tiles on this set are off-limits.
Spoiler:
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Perri Lightfoot

Quote:
Yeah, that site has a history of stealing tiles. Any tiles on this set are off-limits.
Spoiler:
Thanks so much! ^__^ I thought the site above was affiliated with Kyledove and WesleyFG for some reason, and I didn't realize at all that they were hosting the tiles without permission and that we weren't allowed to use them. I'll fix this right away and will post new screenshots with the off limit tiles removed - thank you again for letting me know!
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:47 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
Thanks so much! ^__^ I thought the site above was affiliated with Kyledove and WesleyFG for some reason, and I didn't realize at all that they were hosting the tiles without permission and that we weren't allowed to use them. I'll fix this right away and will post new screenshots with the off limit tiles removed - thank you again for letting me know!
Yeah, I know. Sorry if I sounded like an ass, but if he wanted to be an ass, he could have sued you...and you don't want that, do you? I know it must be a downer to have to replace those tiles, but it'll look fine without 'em. ^-^
I forgot to mention that everything looks great. I love the way you combined the trees in your maps. ;D
Old September 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Yeah, I know. Sorry if I sounded like an ass, but if he wanted to be an ass, he could have sued you...and you don't want that, do you? I know it must be a downer to have to replace those tiles, but it'll look fine without 'em. ^-^
I forgot to mention that everything looks great. I love the way you combined the trees in your maps. ;D
umm no. you are very wrong there could be no sueing by anyone but nintendo and/or gamefreak. im sorry that you dont know this but if money was involved in hacks (SUCH AS SUEING SOMEONE OVER IT) nintendo and/or gamefreak would sue both people for reselling their products. and yes i understand that those were probly costom tiles but they would only work in a pokemon game (i do believe)

anyway this hack looks amazing! I love the new attack! and the scarf but I was woundering if you pick what would be the female player is the scarf pink or red insted of blue?
Old September 30th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Perri Lightfoot

Quote:
Nah, you didn't sound like an ass at all It was something important that I needed to know, so no worries

And thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it New screenshots with the offending tiles removed; and showing some new scripts, should be up tomorrow or the next day (And I'll use the VBA Screenshot function to take them this time, not PrtSc! XD )

@PatJamma I'm pretty sure the sue comment was a joke XD As for our Pichu hero, he can only be a hero, and not a heroine (since there really isn't any way to have the game give you a pokemon of the same gender every time unless it always has a set gender - and I figured that would be easiest for everyone concerned, especially me, to simply set a gender XD ). The intro simply shows you your player character in two different poses (coloring, scarf, everything is the same except the pose - even the default name options) and asks "which picture you like better" rather than "are you a boy or a girl."

(...Though now that I think about it, I could simply edit another pokemon to be a clone of the player Pichu - similar palette, same base stats, same movesets, same in every way except that it's always female...and doesn't have a Pichu's cry ' If I was any better at hacking the cries and having them sound good and not like staticky messes that glitch things up, I might entertain this idea...but for now, I think I'll leave things the same ' )

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; September 30th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:50 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Wow, I love these new screenies.

I hope you release a beta soon.
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
These visuals are quite impressive and those portraits too.
I loved rescue rangers and this is looking even better than it.
Can't wait to see a release, Since I haven't played this type of hack since RR.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
The Smell
Doof-Man

Nature: Adamant
I am really enjoying all these new PMD style hacks! Since I can't hack for anybody's frogs, I think I may make a PMD style game in RPG Maker XP! May I suggest for that first route on there, using a HG/SS style grass? It would look smoother in a PMD game than just random tufts of grass. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this so far! :D

Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
GaryOGaryProductions
Supporter of Pokémon Elite

How did you get it to show a picture of who's talking?
Old October 4th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Perri Lightfoot

Massive update of massive destiny!

First things first - I took care of the tile problem, and have replaced all screenshots depicting them (...I think... ' ) with new ones. Not 100% pleased with that log tile, but I'm not going to worry about it too much for now...

It's Log! It's Log! It's big, it's heavy, it's wood! It's Log! It's Log! But is it bad or good?

Second things second: If there's one thing a Pichu isn't...it's a Trainer. Behold - the new "Hero Data" card!

That spot in the middle is where the Pokedex would go...but since you never get a Pokedex, it just sits there and takes up space. XD Anyway...I found, much to my displeasure, that there is no way to eliminate the accumulation of money from the game - you can't have a "Trainer" give you nothing for defeating them. So what I did was replace the money with "Rocks" you end up collecting throughout the game. For now, they're completely useless. But you'll need to have a certain number to beat the game...

And as long as we're talking gimmicks...

Of course, a Pachirisu knows all about squirreling things away XD How do you go about it? Well...that bush in the corner, and all bushes that look like that one, functions similar to the PC in traditional Pokemon games. You can go up to it and stuff items in it, and also take a breather there and "arrange your team." Team Arranging is where - once you get six partners or more - you can decide who is on active duty (is available to battle with) and who is "on reserve" (still travelling with you, but not available to battle). Being on reserve will not prevent a character from popping up on the overworld, and putting "yourself" on reserve obviously won't suddenly put a halt to your adventure XD You're still journeying and travelling, just...not battling XD

(As for how items you put in one bush manage to be in every bush you talk to - I dunno. There's a Mew in there that teleports em. Or something. Acceptable break from reality XD ).

And now, third things third...story progression! XD I'd make another video and show it in action if I could, but the computer I'm currently using is a junk heap, and my good computer has no net access at the moment ' Only major scripts will be discussed here and later; smaller scripts, or major ones that would be spoiler-iffic, won't be shown.

Not a major script at all, but is being shown simply as an example of what "Trainer" battles will be like. XD Right on the first Route, you're expected to battle. These Spearows are blocking off access to Pikpik Grove up ahead...and won't budge unless you make them. But what is that like?

Well, it starts out a bit like this...

And is like this in the middle. XD They fly away after you defeat them and you're able to enter Pikpik Grove, only to find Spearow blocking off the exits - Spearow unwilling to battle.

"Beat it, ribbon boy!"

Enter one of the trees and you'll find Rega, the Ledyba elder of Pikpik Grove. He gives exposition and is surprised you managed to fight some of the brutes off.

Freya, the Pidgeotto, enters Rega's tree and is none too polite. Later on, she joins your group as a team mate, but for now, she's an angry bird with bad grammar who wants something that Rega has. Why is she angry, why does she have bad grammar and why does she want it? Alas...t'would be very spoilery (much more so than the few characters I did discuss XD ) if I were to reveal her backstory...

And when she says "pretty round thing," she doesn't mean the bush. XD

Rega doesn't take it sitting down. He leaps over the bush and goes to confront this brazen bird, wondering why she has to bother him rather than that idiot Pachirisu who lives on the first route who has a whole nest full of those "round things." She explains that Rega's "round thing" is special - it's heavy. Freya seems to know what these objects are actually for...

Freya attacks Rega, steals the "round thing" and makes her escape. Rega doesn't look too good...will he make it?
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Awesome new updates!
This will be really great hack
Do ya happen to know when will ya release alpha or beta of it?
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:57 AM
PatJamma

wow this just keeps getting better and better! keep up the good work!
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Megiddo-san
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
Congratulations on winning hack of the week number 83. Here is your award.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Old October 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
The storyline is pretty interesting.
The updates are cool.
That Pidgetto has pretty awful grammar...

The Raikou OW could use a little work.
You should expand the OW's size so that you could add its whole 32x32 OW in it.
I recommend using OW Changer.
The best tool at changing the OW's size.
Old October 5th, 2009, 03:02 AM
The Smell
Doof-Man

Nature: Adamant
Very nice! Congratulations on the Hack of the Week award, and... OMG LOG!@!@!@!

But seriously, looking great, seems like you have a creative mind and a great storyline forming. Good luck!

Old October 5th, 2009, 05:29 AM
PatJamma

hey here a sugjestion for you, you should make so you can go on the "inside" of a tree by using move like tree climb or something and inside the tree would be bird and bug pokemon and maybe a few items too!
Old October 5th, 2009, 06:00 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
very nice update.
Poor Ledyba.
My brother will surely be mad about that Pidgeotto. xD

Anyways, g'luck~
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Good work, PPG! Congrats for the award. You deserved it.

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Perri Lightfoot

*admires her award, surprised and flattered* ' I'd like to thank the academy...well, actually...I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me; and even those of you who didn't, for giving me good competition Thank you! ^__^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
The storyline is pretty interesting.
The updates are cool.
That Pidgetto has pretty awful grammar...

The Raikou OW could use a little work.
You should expand the OW's size so that you could add its whole 32x32 OW in it.
I recommend using OW Changer.
The best tool at changing the OW's size.
XD Her grammar is awful on purpose, and it's actually plot relevant why she (and at least one other pokemon you meet) speak so poorly. Trust me, this isn't going to be one of those hacks riddled with spelling and grammar errors every which way...my perfectionist streak wouldn't allow it '

As for Raikou, that sprite was inserted a while back when I was entertaining the idea of putting in HGSS sprites as well as PMD sprites, or eventually instead of them - the Raikou was basically copied from one of the pre-release HGSS screenshots and inserted. But now that you mention that it needs some work...I can see how out of of place it is, with everything else PMD-style. I'll get it's 32x32 PMD sprite and get to work on that Thanks for the comments!

@TheSmell: Thanks so much for the congratulations! Trust me, I was surprised to see I was Hack of the Week winner myself ' Anyway, do I take from your excitement that the log tile isn't so bad, or that you just liked that I quoted Ren and Stimpy? =P Or both? XD

@Patjamma: That suggestion is awesome XD Since most items have been replaced by unplantable berries anyway (for example, a Potion is now called a "Lechuk Berry"), and berries grow on trees, or at least on bushes...being able to go into random trees on routes for item scouting sounds like a clever idea Or at the very least, I could have going up to overworld trees and "talking to them" be how you get some items in the first place.

@ destinedjagold and @Neo-Wolf Thanks! ^__^ Comments - both good and constructive-critty - and compliments are why I keep going with this

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; October 5th, 2009 at 12:07 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links