The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How is it so far?
Nice! 108 67.92%
Not bad 25 15.72%
Okay 13 8.18%
Needs work (Give me suggestions plz) 13 8.18%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Pika Storm
learning to script

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Pika Storm

Advertise here
The thread has been quiet for a bit, any updates?
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:27 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire://Krimm View Post
Beautiful OW! :3 Very cute and official looking XD

Can't wait to see more of this game ;D Returns always make things more interesting, and I eagerly await to see what you'll show next!
Thank you very much Krimm I'm glad you like the OW. I'll make sure the welcome back update Is grand one, I promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Storm View Post
ok, it's your game :D
I think the sprite looks really good
Thank you Pika storm I'm glad it looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
I love your heroes! They look great! However, the Pokémon in the header... well... doesn't.
Ha ha ha thanks, Oh and do you mean the fakemon in terms of concept or the Sugi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
This looks so cool... good luck finishing it!
Thank you very much.

Quote:
The thread has been quiet for a bit, any updates?
Yes it has that's my fault though. I haven't been doing much work on Carbon for the past week or two. My attention has been directed at Finishing up Raptor so as soon as that's complete I'll continue with Carbon's update
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer

Nature: Quiet
Good luck with your project! Buy some coffee and cookies or something with sugar, you'll need them, like me. I'm having a bad time making my game: most of my work are scripts.

BTW: The overworld is great! it really looks as the boy on the drawing.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:02 AM
~Kian~
Spriter In The Making

Nature: Quirky
hi wow this game looks great cant wait to play it the starters are really cool i will probably be going with the grass starter he looks like he is very powerful (evo) just wondering if you could put a ball park figure like 1 month few weeks for the release i know this is an annoying question but just wondering

thanks

~kian

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Please visit his Fusion thread.
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Desert Spirit!
The Ultimate trainer of Sinnoh

Nature: Adamant
thas cool.. keep goin wit the new pokemons and characters. really good
Strike like a thunderbolt!
HOOAH! Navy Seals
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:34 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

ok he has school, and his school is longer than an 8 hour day, then he's finishing up raptor it may be a month or 2 before raptor is finished after raptor is finished then he can move on the the carbon update and give everyone a ball park number for the update.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:41 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

when do you expext a demo for the game? If any.
Old August 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

If you don't want to get on the bad side of the game developers i suggest you stop asking.
He'll let you know when a demo is released, or is close.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:36 AM
Azerty16
Beginning Trainer

Good luck
Sorry for my English i'm french
Old September 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Pika Storm
learning to script

the thread was about to expire, and I do want to know if anything is still going on
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old September 19th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Good looks Pika Storm.
I do to want to know.
We were so close to a demo, what's new?
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:24 AM
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraot View Post
Good luck with your project! Buy some coffee and cookies or something with sugar, you'll need them, like me. I'm having a bad time making my game: most of my work are scripts.

BTW: The overworld is great! it really looks as the boy on the drawing.
Thanks for the encouragement as well as the compliment Fraot, no worries however. I've pulled 72 hours of no sleep or more during the summer so I should be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
hi wow this game looks great cant wait to play it the starters are really cool i will probably be going with the grass starter he looks like he is very powerful (evo) just wondering if you could put a ball park figure like 1 month few weeks for the release i know this is an annoying question but just wondering

thanks

~kian
Thank you Pokekingkian I'm glad the game looks alright for you. The starters are final, but I'm working on a slightly new pokemon-ish design for the reindeer, so that it looks a bit more pokemon-ish, as well as poses for all of them. A ball park figure huh? In all honesty, I can't give an accurate one due to school taking up most of my time, but once I get a bit closer. I do have two new screens at the bottom of this post though if you're interested in seeing a little of what I've been up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Spirit! View Post
thas cool.. keep goin wit the new pokemons and characters. really good
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
ok he has school, and his school is longer than an 8 hour day, then he's finishing up raptor it may be a month or 2 before raptor is finished after raptor is finished then he can move on the the carbon update and give everyone a ball park number for the update.
Thank you for explaining about that Monkeyboi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
when do you expext a demo for the game? If any.
There is no accurate release date for a demo as of yet, but I do plan on having one as soon as I get the new things in the game situated properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
If you don't want to get on the bad side of the game developers i suggest you stop asking.
He'll let you know when a demo is released, or is close.
Thank you for that Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerty16 View Post
Good luck
Sorry for my English i'm french
Thank you very much, and it's no problem.

Quote:
the thread was about to expire, and I do want to know if anything is still going on
Thank you very much for looking out for my thread while I'm away Pikastorm. I do have a few screens, and explanation to what I've been up to and where I've been down below, so If you're curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Good looks Pika Storm.
I do to want to know.
We were so close to a demo, what's new?
lol True, look below

Explanation of absence(s):
Since School started I've, for the most part been wrapped around it for a total of 15 hours a day (now 12 hours) so that's been taking up most of my time, but I have been working on the game, in which you'll see down below with some new screens. Lately though I've been repairing my comp due to some retarted Spyware/virus that acts as if it's an Anti-Virus protection software. It's called "Total Security 2009" and what it does is It downloads onto your comp without your acknowledgment or question and once there it can start to delete your Computers important files that are used to get it to run properly. Look it up if you have the time. I recently reformatted my comp and reinstalled everything so I'm safe now, not to worry though, I had everything backed up from both Carbon as well as Digimon World Alpha so nothing has been lost. I did loose a few resources, but nothing I can't scrounge up again lol.

Screens:
Thanks to a certain someone (don't want everyone asking him questions about it at)
I've been able to get a DS system going for Carbon. I've been working on that mainly as well as two true 3D models, some tiles, etc. I have two screens to show you below.

So far this is just a rough model of what it'll look like and is probably subject to change in the future the screens however are legit, so don't worry
Comments and crit would be appreciated if you have the time.

Here's a little Fakemon teaser as well, I've shown a few people but now I'll show you all and reveal the whole concept of it during the update. I hope you all like it.

It's name Is Bajamal (name subject to change perhaps)

And before I go, here's what you can probably expect for the update.

Carbon's Reopening update:
New DS System
New Battle system
New Titlescreen and intro vid
New Villians/Characters
New Fakemon
New Events
New Tiles
Sugimori Art
New gym Revealed
New 3D art (Hopefully lol)
New Menu
New Feature(s)

I do appreciate you all being so patient, thank you very much
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

yes thats what i like to see lol.
lookin good catch ya later
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:35 AM
shanky887614
Beginning Trainer

i can't wait to have a go at this game
how is the progress coming?
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:49 AM
~Kian~
Spriter In The Making

it says it in his sig

too short

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,

Last edited by ~Kian~; September 26th, 2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanky887614 View Post
this looks awsome keep up the good work

i can't wait to have a go at this game
how is the progress coming?
Thank you I'm glad you like it
Welcome to PC by the way.

Progress is coming along pretty well, just trying to find Ideas That feel comfortable lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
it says it in his sig

too short
lol Or It did, Sigs had a bit of a change I'll make a new update screen soon for my sig so you can see a better percentage of what's been done and where the update stands since I've added alot of new things to the update.

At one point I found that thread that Yuoaman made asking why all the DS systems were popping up, "The reason I wanted to use a Dual screen system was for the sake of keeping up with Nintendo/Gamefreak, but once I started hearing other opinions on it I thought...even though I'm using something that's really creative, It's not MY creativeness that's going into it really. So I thought, why not take those opinions into consideration and try to do something a bit different. Of course since this Idea has been used by a few others, it's not a totally new concept, but at least I can show that I can be creative enough to compete with Nintendo even If I'm not using some of their Ideas. I do hope you'll give me as honest crit as you all can and help me improve the new screen system for Carbon a bit more.

Explanation of Screenshots:
Pic 1&2: As you can see, Carbon's Screen size is alot bigger, but at the same time It's not. Lol Are you confused by what I'm saying? I'll explain...Carbon's New screen size as a whole is 640x560, but the main part in which gameplay will be seen is the DS screen size. I thought this was a good Idea because It gives Gameplay a bit of a new design but at the same time keeps Nintendo's Screen size. Also the Textbox has been fixed. It now has the arrow on the side and no longer moves with the text.

The Part where you can see the menu will be touchable however...or click-able If that's how you prefer the term lol, and will change in certain instances, like for instance When in battle It will display a NEW battle system that you can either touch or use arrow keys for.I'm also thinking of having the background change color depending on time of Day, but that all depends on what you all think about that Idea.

The Blue part on the upper right will list objectives and objectives met as well as a few other Ideas that pop into mind that seem like They'd help the player.

On a more Tile/Graphics related not. As many of you know I've been using Kyledoves tiles, but they're getting a bit to much of an overuse, so I decided to use and rip Tiles from D/P/PL as well as HG/SS and leave them like they are...well excluding the minor edits that are needed for all rips.

And Finally I'd like to say that recently I was asked to Join Calis Projects with Neo-Dragon and alot of other Great people. As you can see in my sig, I've done so. I'm really happy about the Idea and hope you'll support Calis projects and it's games further as it progresses.

I'm going to try to post a new screen each Friday or saturday as well.
I'm sorry for my comment being so long, but thanks for reading it. All comments and crit are appreciated as always
Old September 27th, 2009, 10:14 PM
cadgod120
Your Rival

Nature: Relaxed
Excellent work! I'm glad to see that this project is going on smoothly! Congrats!

Are there any Support Banners? I would gladly put one in my signature.

Look forward to the weekend for a screenie.

Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!

Games and/or hacks I support:
Spoiler:

Old September 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I really like the look that you achieved by utilizing a larger screen, it is reminiscent of Nintendo's designs, but has a lot of your own flair.

To put in in layman's terms: I likez.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

You took the advice of what I said in the "Why all the dual screens" thread and ran with it.
I respect and admire that you are able to listen to advice given - it's something not many do around here.

For that, it's a welcome addition you have you aboard the Calis Projects label.
Your work belongs with us.

Great job.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:33 PM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
Very nice FMP,
But, I'm not liking the way the player is not in the center of the screen.

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:24 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Really neat update =], as ND said, you managed to not fall in this dual screen fad. Btw, as soon as I have more time, I can help you with the char in the center of the screen problem.
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Pika Storm
learning to script

I like the new system. It sets this game apart from all the others using the dual screen sytle. Also, I like the tiles, I've noticed that only one or two games currently have a grass autotile, I think that yours is the best of them.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
gsorby
Pokémon Spiritanium Creator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to gsorby Send a message via Skype™ to gsorby
Not too bad...I think it needs....a little improving.

Oh yeah and how did you draw those characters?

Last edited by gsorby; October 3rd, 2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 4th, 2009, 12:30 AM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadgod120 View Post
Excellent work! I'm glad to see that this project is going on smoothly! Congrats!

Are there any Support Banners? I would gladly put one in my signature.

Look forward to the weekend for a screenie.
Thank you I'm glad you like it so far. I actually did have a few Support banners, they're in my Albums on my profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I really like the look that you achieved by utilizing a larger screen, it is reminiscent of Nintendo's designs, but has a lot of your own flair.

To put in in layman's terms: I likez.
Thanks alot Yuoa : D I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
You took the advice of what I said in the "Why all the dual screens" thread and ran with it.
I respect and admire that you are able to listen to advice given - it's something not many do around here.

For that, it's a welcome addition you have you aboard the Calis Projects label.
Your work belongs with us.

Great job.
Thanks alot Neo, It's good to hear and I'm glad to be on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saidai No Soba-Ya View Post
Very nice FMP,
But, I'm not liking the way the player is not in the center of the screen.
lol Thaks RG...Now Saidai No Soba-Ya...0_o Mind if I just keep RG? XD
Oh the center issue has been fixed lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Really neat update =], as ND said, you managed to not fall in this dual screen fad. Btw, as soon as I have more time, I can help you with the char in the center of the screen problem.
XD Thanks JV. No worries about the Center issue, I fixed it, thanks for the offer however.

Quote:
I like the new system. It sets this game apart from all the others using the dual screen sytle. Also, I like the tiles, I've noticed that only one or two games currently have a grass autotile, I think that yours is the best of them.
Thanks Pika Storm I'm glad it looks alright lol. The Grass tile is compliments of someone on DA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorby View Post
Not too bad...I think it needs....a little improving.

Oh yeah and how did you draw those characters?
Thanks, I think? lol, what do you think needs improving?

I drew them up on paper, scanned them onto my comp, then colored them in using a process of my own on Photoshop using layers.

Sorry I didn't post an update picture like I had said I would this Friday or Saturday. I unfortunately caught the Flu on Thrusday and was out until late Saturday. 30% of my school is out because of it and there's over 2,000 of us in there XD

Anyway I do have a few screens of the FINAL titlescreen for Carbon...I mean Final this time too...The last one just felt a bit too bland so this one should blow away the blandness quite well.

The pics follow from left to right top to bottom. The reason why there's question marks for the 3rd one was because I wasn't quick enough to catch a picture of the flash lol. It was supposed to be a bright yellow flash behind the silhouette of the legendary, almost like lightning, but as I said, I wasn't nearly quick enough to catch it. I'll show a full demo of the Titlescreen later on in Vid format so you can get a full understanding as to why the Titlescreen is much less bland. I also made a new logo similar to HG/SS. A full version's down below.

lol my words weren't as full or informative as they should have been, but hopefully you'll be able to grasp the Idea of the New titlescreen based on the pictures and information I gave, and as always Comments and crit is always appreciated.

Last edited by <~F.M.P~>; October 4th, 2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:55 AM
~Kian~
Spriter In The Making

great title screen it looks cool i like the idea of lightning

~kian

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links