The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:50 AM
The Smell's Avatar
The Smell
Doof-Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Let this thread die now.
__________________




Last edited by The Smell; October 9th, 2009 at 05:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Peeky Chew's Avatar
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Britain
Age: 20
Gender: Male
First post!

So is it going to be an exact remake or are you going to change some things? There are a lot of different parts of Platinum I didn't like, map wise, which would be really good if you could fix them. Also I suggest using the HG/SS menu system since that is a lot better, in my opiion, than Platinums.
__________________



Demo Beta out Now!

Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Braemon's Avatar
Braemon
Trust No One
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
are you going to remove the bidoof pandemic? i really hate walking through almost all of the grass in the entire game and finding bidoof every where..... Great Idea though! keep up the good work!!
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Luka S.J.'s Avatar
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
What's the point of making an exact Platinum remake. From what I see, you have made it to be exactly the same, with just changing the text around a bit. You have to think: What would make people want to play your game instead of the real DS Platinum one? If you are making a real remake, you have some tough competitions with the original games. You will need to add many new features, have better graphics, better storyline. Not to mention, you will (I believe) lack the function of a Poketch and the various graphical effects like Giratina jumping out from its portal, or the 3D Torn World. You really have some work in front of you if you want to make this really good and work.
__________________
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:31 AM
|Maximus|'s Avatar
|Maximus|
I'm back~
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 18
Nature: Adamant
I think this is a good idea, but you should really make some changes. Kind of spice up the story line. Instead of Giratina put Mewtwo or Arceus. If you make a few map changes, story changes, and graphic changes, people would be really interested. I know I would!
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
The Smell's Avatar
The Smell
Doof-Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
First post!

So is it going to be an exact remake or are you going to change some things? There are a lot of different parts of Platinum I didn't like, map wise, which would be really good if you could fix them. Also I suggest using the HG/SS menu system since that is a lot better, in my opinion, than Platinums.
OK, give me some Map suggestions and I'll try my best to fix them.

As for the menu system, it could take a bit of work for me to learn how to code that sort of stuff, but it's a nice idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braemon View Post
are you going to remove the bidoof pandemic? i really hate walking through almost all of the grass in the entire game and finding bidoof every where..... Great Idea though! keep up the good work!!
Yeah, there are a lot of wild Bidoof. I'll lower their percentage a bit. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
What's the point of making an exact Platinum remake. From what I see, you have made it to be exactly the same, with just changing the text around a bit. You have to think: What would make people want to play your game instead of the real DS Platinum one? If you are making a real remake, you have some tough competitions with the original games. You will need to add many new features, have better graphics, better storyline. Not to mention, you will (I believe) lack the function of a Poketch and the various graphical effects like Giratina jumping out from its portal, or the 3D Torn World. You really have some work in front of you if you want to make this really good and work.
Interesting. You're right, I'm just going to have to have a think what I can change to overthrow the old storyline, while keeping the Platinum feel... And I've made this partly because some people play it on a DS emulator, which can be a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
I think this is a good idea, but you should really make some changes. Kind of spice up the story line. Instead of Giratina put Mewtwo or Arceus. If you make a few map changes, story changes, and graphic changes, people would be really interested. I know I would!
Yeah, that's what I'm learning from the posts so far. I think that could be for the better.

Thanks for the replies guys!
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
ayevdayev's Avatar
ayevdayev
Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mew's lair New York, NY
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
I dont like the thought of making a remake of Plantnum because when you really think about it whats the point? Why would someone play this rather than the actual game. And the actual game is much better than what is possible to be made with RPG Maker XP or any other program.
__________________
Good old times.

G
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:03 PM
The Smell's Avatar
The Smell
Doof-Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
OK, can I have your opinion guys.

Should I keep making a remake? Or should I change the story completely but still set in Sinnoh?
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Spikey-Eared Pichu's Avatar
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: My house
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
If you're making a Platinum remake, rip it apart and sew it back together in a unique way. Perhaps let players battle the Johto and Kanto Gym Leaders in different areas, Battle Steven or Red, or both, at Mt. Pillar, Make the Legendary Dogs and other past legendaries have sub-plots. Include Alamos Town somewhere to replace the lame Darkrai event. Just spouting random ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Ravecat's Avatar
Ravecat
I'm Right.
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smell View Post
OK, can I have your opinion guys.

Should I keep making a remake? Or should I change the story completely but still set in Sinnoh?
Drop the remake.

It's pointless.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:32 PM
The Smell's Avatar
The Smell
Doof-Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Alright. Can a Mod lock this?
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Peeky Chew's Avatar
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Britain
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smell View Post
Alright. Can a Mod lock this?
If you don't want to stop making this progect, then don't. Don't just listen to a few people so much, do what you want.
__________________



Demo Beta out Now!

Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:32 PM
The Smell's Avatar
The Smell
Doof-Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Yeah, but how can I continue if it won't be played? I have a few other ideas running through my head right now anyway.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Peeky Chew's Avatar
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Britain
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smell View Post
Yeah, but how can I continue if it won't be played? I have a few other ideas running through my head right now anyway.
Well I don't really know how popular remakes are but, if you did change a few things, I'm sure some people would play it. If you have some ideas for other unique Pokemon games I would go with them instead, though.
__________________



Demo Beta out Now!

Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:50 AM
The Smell's Avatar
The Smell
Doof-Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Yeah! Well I haven't seen any RescueRanger style RMXP games so I might just make one of them. Something fresh for the Showcase.

We'd better just let this thread die now.
__________________



Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.