The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room

Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Hack name: Unnamed Hack, Still deciding on a name

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed BPRE

Additional information about the hack: Just starting, up to the point of obtaining your starter.

Finished percentage: 0. The production has encountered an error and needs to restart. Music insertion can be done anytime.

Your hacking skills:Mapper, learning to script, basic graphics editing

What help or skill you're looking for:I need some new music added into the game, and it needs to be good quality. Sappy won't work on my computer, so if you can help me, please do!

Additional contact information: PM, VM. I'm on PC quite often. Please include some indication of how good you are (a patch with the music for a trial, mp3, youtube link to sample the music, etc.).

Additional information:I want some Johto music added to my game, so that I don't use the entire FireRed music selection, and some of the music is bland, anyways. Also, anyone that gets me the music I wanted, you will be given credit for it!

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO

Last edited by Team Fail; October 12th, 2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Had to make a fix so an emoticon won't appear, updates, added a title
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
romancandle

Nature: Adamant
Hack name: Pokemon Orange Storm

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Finished playing around with a trial hack, now moving on to a bigger project. This is that project.

Finished percentage: 0%, just starting

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Mapping, Some story plotting.

What help or skill you're looking for: Someone to do sprites, edit some overworld icons and map palettes, and maybe some plot help.

Additional contact information: PM me on here.

Additional information: I'll just be needing the sprite and overworld help in the very beginning (I'm really just looking for someone to replace the gym leader icons and sprites and I want some Dark Forest overworld tiles).
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM
18gns9bk
Beginning Trainer

Hack name: Pokemon Night Fire

Hack of: Fire red

Additional information about the hack: Just like any orignal pokemon game. i only have a few ideas for it tho.Insted of been givin a pokemon you steal it from the prof lab.If you want more info just msg me

Finished percentage:Not started.....

Your hacking skills:Map,script like hello and that,Story desginer

What help or skill you're looking for:A good scripter,spriter,well quite frankly if your good any anything about hacking your more than welcome to help

Additional contact information:If you want to contact me even further here is my skype name 18gns9bk or zackryder09

Additional information:

Last edited by 18gns9bk; October 15th, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:13 AM
shaygonnagon
Master Trainer and a Hacker

Nature: Calm
Hack name: Pokemon Konoto

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Just a brand new hack. You are a hero the same age as johto and kanto gym leaders. 10 YEARS OLD! So when you travel around the Gahto Region, you will be challenged by all the gym leaders! The New Team have came (Team _____ figure it out to be in the hack) beat the 8 gym leaders and defeat the champion! there are also 7 more "secret" gym leaders that will uncover secret events but be aware... They are REALLY hard to find. And when you beat all 7 a special "thing" will arrive

Finished percentage: 0 as I said it's new

Your hacking skills: good at mapping (not good at connecting house to the map), basic scripting, great trainer editor,good world map editor

What help or skill you're looking for: Advance Scripter, Advance Mapper, Advance Spriter, storyline helper

Additional contact information: contact at [email protected], or easier pm here!(ill be on here more frequently)

Additional information: just all the help would be great thanks!
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Millz_17
Beginner Rom Hacker

Nature: Brave
Hack name: Silver Shade

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: A whole new region (Eldikio), New starters, New Hero/Heroine, and much more

Finished percentage: 3%

Your hacking skills: Basic Scripting, Title Screen edit, Basic Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Advanced Scripting, Advanced Mapping, Spriting

Additional contact information: Email: darookie16yahoo.com
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Glitch.
maybe making a comeback

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glitch.
Hack name: POKEMON RAINY DAYS

Hack of:FIRE RED

Additional information about the hack: Based in a new region(lots of weather)

Finished percentage:well um... mapped 4 towns/cities and 3 routes. and a few scripts so 7% maybe.

Your hacking skills: mapping,scripting , banners, over world sprites, and back sprites.

What help or skill you're looking for: scripting (complex) (i am willing to learn)

please PM me if your interested ill even post your name in the credits if you only taught me.

Last edited by Glitch.; November 13th, 2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:21 PM
kittenmaster
Beginning Trainer

Hack name: Craze island (may change)

Hack of: ruby

Additional information about the hack: Based on a group of islands with exotic Pokemon found nowhere else in the world but Pokemon professors and scientists along with rare Pokemon have been going missing

Finished percentage:just a basic storyline waiting for team really

Your hacking skills: not much I know a little scripting I can do ok sprites

What help or skill you're looking for:scripting, spriter and probably a someone to do the world map...

Additional contact information: you can email me at [email protected] but I hardly ever use it so it would probably better to just pm me on here

for any help I would be very grateful
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Besj08
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Besj08
Hack name: Pokemon Light: On the Horizons

Additional information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=198898

Finished percentage:about .2% lol

Your hacking skills: basic scripting, mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Im actually having trouble with a map of mine...each time i add a warp and configure it to the settings that it needs to be on, it works, but when i test it i can go throught a warp only one way and i cant go back from where i came...i dont know if what im saying makes any sense but hopefully someone can help me.

Last edited by Besj08; October 28th, 2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old October 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
Hack Name: Pokemon Trailblazer

Hack of:
FireRed

Additional info:
Spoiler:
A Fakemon focused hack. The region (nameless atm) will be based very loosely off the western United States in the late 1800s/early 1900s. It will have an old-timey feel, with cowboys, southern gentlemen, pioneers, voodoo ladies, and... skinwalkers. This is not a steampunk concept.

There is not much plot, but I have ideas on how the game will begin and many of the challenges the player faces. The game would begin in a camp where the protagonist has been training prior to the game beginning. The night before he/she would receive their first Pokemon, a mysterious something has invaded the campground. The opposite gender trainer rushes in to protect you with their Pokemon, but the mystery beasts runs off before it could be battled. Lacking common sense, the player then begins his/her journey to explore the vast region and possibly solve the mystery of what that strange creature was...

As someone who has been learning about Pokemon training and wilderness survival for weeks, the player begins with running shoes and a fishing rod already in their inventory, and maybe some other minor items. The game would only have one rod, but the species and levels of fished Pokemon varies by area. There will be slight gameplay changes depending on if you play as the boy or the girl. The starter will be gender specific, but the starter you were not assigned will still be obtainable later in the game. The girl's journey will be relatively tougher, with important, scripted trainers having higher levels, and a sexist male-onle establishment or two. There will even be gender specific gyms (but you can fight in the other gym later on after proving yourself somehow).

As mentioned before, I have something of a plot idea. There is no team badguy who is trying to control a destructive legendary Pokemon. Any legendary Pokemon would be bonus sidequests, like the birds in RBY. I think that any trainer who is truly "bad" will be random bandits, pirates, escaped convicts, and other child-friendly character types.

Finished percentage: Like, less than 1%

Your hacking skills: Making up/spriting Pokemon, coming up with all the info needed for them. Uh, having ideas. Concept sketches.

What help or skill you're looking for: Script/hex editor, trainer sprites, MAYBE tile editor. I was going to have my boyfriend do the technical things for me but he has more important things to do. I am aware of pallet limitations and a few other basic things when it comes to hack editing.

Additional contact information: Msn: klashmitAThotmailDOTcom. I could also start an irc room for discussion.

Additional information: Really, I need atleast one major partner I can count on. Someone I could bounce ideas off of, and if they have scripting/hex skills, that would help greatly. They would most likely be credited as a co-founder.

Last edited by Ivee; October 31st, 2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: added more stuff for Additional Information
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:06 PM
DA BEAST
master trainer

Nature: Calm
im new to this whole hacking experince
name:pokemon SCARLET
hack of:pokemon ruby
my strentghs:spriting characters ,story outlining ,i can also work advanced map or elite map but only a little
finished %:just started
contact info pm me or email me at [email protected]
What help or skill you're looking for:I NEED HELP IN ALMOST EVERY THING and what about these "banners" i keep seeing
p.s go easy on me im new to this o.k?

Last edited by DA BEAST; November 5th, 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: i need help
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Deucalion
Beginning Trainer

Hack name: Pokemon: The Anstar Incident [working title]

Hack of:
Pokemon Fire Red [JPAN's adaption]

Additional information about the hack: There is no "outdoors" planned. It takes a few influences from Metroid Fusion in that it all happens inside one vast building. (and by vast I mean the size of a region. This will be full length =P)

Finished percentage: Around 3%. I've revamped attacks and items, but aside from that, not much.

Your hacking skills: Almost none. =3 But I'm willing and ready to learn.

What help or skill you're looking for: Graphics. I would like someone to help me make some pretty looking tiles that are a) inside building tiles, and b) slightly futuristic in their design.
Old November 13th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hacker42r/sT

Hack name: Pokemon: Frozen Flame

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: taking place years before ash and oak, team rocket was on its first mission to cause the world to freeze by making the ancient flame of charmander freeze.

Finished percentage: 0% just came up with concept today

Your hacking skills: i can map and script, edit trainers pokemon items etc

What help or skill you're looking for: Graphics. i need new buildings that look older than the ones in the game. i need new gym leaders. new hero sprites. overworld sprites. basically changing the look of the game. so if youre up for it. help me out. there will be more detailed graphics needed once we get going,. and i will explain later.
Old November 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
lord_kratos
Beginning Trainer

Hack name:Pokemon darkbright(I would post the banner but i require more posts)XD

Hack of:Pokemon firered

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage:Like 1%

Your hacking skills:Novice,this does not have to do with hacking directly, but im a spriter

What help or skill you're looking for:Some help in mapping and scripting

Additional contact information:You can pm me here on this site.I check everything at least once a day,once i have the time that is.

Additional information: pLz hlp me!!
"My name is Kratos Aurion.I am of cruxis,an organisation bent on the revival of the goddess martel...You people are unworthy to be in my pressence..Sacred powers,cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls,rest in peace sinners....JUDGEMENT!"
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Hack name: Undecided, but the working title is Pokemon ShadowAmethyst

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: Since FR/LG sucked, I'm properly remaking Kanto, with all the features from Emerald to make the Kanto game equal to the Hoenn games (such as the Battle Frontier and the Pokenav).

Finished percentage: Doesn't matter for what I need

Your hacking skills: Mapping, graphics

What help or skill you're looking for:
Look: All I need is help with some events at the beginning of the game. THAT'S ALL. I need a good scripter to help me with this small thing I'm having trouble with.
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:00 PM
The Sceptile King
Just came back from a break!

Nature: Lax
Hack name:pokemon Heko version

Hack of:ruby

Additional information about the hack:I just started

Finished percentage:1%-5%

Your hacking skills:mapping/wild pkmn changing/starter edit

What help or skill you're looking for:scripting(NEEDED)/map ow

Additional contact information:

Additional information:
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
cheerioscereal
Poke Writer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to cheerioscereal Send a message via Skype™ to cheerioscereal
Before posting I completely understand if you are tired of these promising looking rom hacks that end up being horrible. I hope this story will become a great game if we get a good team!

Hack name: Pokemon Old Ages
Hack of: Fire Red, but not 100% sure.
Additional information about the hack: Please refer to my scrap box post (Pokemon Old Ages, can't post URL's yet xD)
Finished percentage: So far none, I am looking for a team to help me out
Your hacking skills: I MIGHT do some mapping. Besides that, only storyline. I have enough free time that I can figure it out. 3-11 on weekdays and all the time otherwise (Unless I'm doing something like service hours, darn private school...) I have no life so I'm on all the time
1. Mapper
2. Scripter
3. Spriter
4. Someone that can edit sprites and maps, or palettes I guess.
5. If there's an important job I didn't mention, contact me. The more, the merrier!
Additional contact information: Skype:cheerios64, or PM me.
Additional information: I hope to have a good team. Feel free to pass me by if you are completely tired of all of these hacks. Please and Thank You!!

Thanks Tuck! Plus, Funky Kong is only awesome outside Mario Kart Wii
My YouTube

Last edited by cheerioscereal; December 2nd, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Opkaii-Jay-Hacker
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opkaii-Jay-Hacker
Hey I'm new to hacking and I was wondering if any of you could give me a hand on hacking, I have mapping perfectly I took to it instantly.
I have my own story for my game but I just want to know how to hack the music and if there are any other downloads I can, well, download, such as weather conditions and how to get tilesets to work better than they do. I can't open more than one tileset and if I do, what I have already made goes screwy with the other tileset.
I also want to know how to make my own map and change the starter pokemon and if I can change my charachter avatar or make pokemon appear in hometowns like they have in pokecentres.
I'm all a bit confused.
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM
passededge
Beginning Trainer

Hack name: Clear Skies

Additional information about the hack: Will pay for assisstance

Finished percentage: 0

Your hacking skills: 0

What help or skill you're looking for: Maps/scripts and events

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: My girlfriend loves pokemon and I wanted to make a new one for her. Problem is I completely fail at hacking. I would like someone to help me put together a new game. I would be willing to pay for the help provided (based on map sizes and scripting difficulty). I know this is a bit uncommon, but any help is appreciated.
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Hack name: Pokemon Eternal Sky

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: 5-10%

Your hacking skills: i can map, script and thats about it.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need someone to please make support banners and a title screen

Additional contact information: PM or [email protected]

Additional information: Please contact me if you are willing to help.
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM
Mikirin
Sleepy Mistress of Insanity

Nature: Bashful
(15 post rule dissalowed links =X)

Hack name: Touhoumon: Luna's Version (Needs Name)

Hack of: Leafgreen

Additional information about the hack: Touhoumon hack, not just a sprite replacement. Storyline changes, music replacement, and everything goes on.

Finished percentage: 5-15%

Your hacking skills: Storyline, some spriting, Drawing, creating pokemon, dialauge changing, some sprite replacements, Map DESIGNING (not creating Dx).

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters, Programmers, map makers, and Music replacement.

Additional contact information: Youtube- mizloliluna

Additional information: Am I doing this right...? I'm starting a team up... Sorry, guys, I'm kind of new Dx Thank you, please dont kill me...
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
TheAppleFreak
If it works, make it better.

Nature: Lax
Hack name:
Code: Pokémon (tentative, but this will probably be the final title)

Hack of:
Pokémon Firered

Finished percentage:
Definitely less than 5%

Your hacking skills:
Scripting, music editing, Pokémon editing, title screen hacking, etc.

Mapping and spriting (overworld sprites only; for in-battle sprites I'm good)

Additional information:
I just began this hack; it's a crossover of Code: Lyoko and Pokémon. I already have most of the storyline down, but A-Map is confusing (won't work like I want it to) and Elite Map won't start up at all (some DLL error).

blind engy modding isn't up yet
Old December 26th, 2009, 07:42 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

i dont see anyone helping anyone with there hacks

and there are too many request for help.

and (sorry for triple post) maybe making a hack group isn't that bad.

Last edited by TheFuturePokemon; December 26th, 2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Shockerguts
<---Feather-Weight Champ....

Hack nameokemon Peridot

Hack of:Leaf Green

Additional information about the hack: Devolping Storyline.

Finished percentage: 0-5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, some dialougue.

What help or skill you're looking for: Some mapping, scripting, Pallete Editing.

Additional contact information: Email: [email protected].

Additional information:
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
locoroco
Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to locoroco
Nameokemon aero 42 brilliant green
Completion:3%
Additional info

Hack of:Emerald integrating Fire Red
My hacking skills:Good mapper and some 1 needed if u wanna teach me how to script and insert pokemon.
Help needed:
Scripter
Mapper:needed to make more progress better than me just in case of glitches in map
Overworld creators
Spriters:just in case for new pokemon now how to insert too.
Adittional info pm me first time posting.
Map Creators:for sevii islands and lots of other places
support banner creators

Last edited by locoroco; December 27th, 2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: for got to more ppl
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links