Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old October 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Maci12
Gym Leader

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Hey everyone, Maci12 here, and this is a fun event that I'm bringing to the forums for two reasons:

1. It's a lot of fun and you can get really creative.
2. I'm going to use some of the Gyms & Elite 4s created here in my Rom Hack & gives credit to whoever makes it.

Let me explain number 2. I am in the early stages of my Rom Hack, and right now I am planning all the Gyms and Gym Leaders out so that I can add the necessary pokemon into the Rom. I am a creative person, but lately a lot of my potential Gyms have been a little drab, so I'm looking for interesting ones to put into my rom. If I use your Gym, I will give you credit in the Rom.
========================
Okay, the following is the template you must use:

Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Sign: (Gym Name & Gym Leader in a signish way) EX: Iceflow Valley Gym. Leader: Joshua the Ice Prodigy.
Gym Nerd Speech: (The guy who informs you about the Gym who no one really talks to =P)

Gym Trainers (Minimum of 2)

Trainer 1

Opening Speech: ............

Team (Pictures & Levels must be included)

Closing Speech: ............

Trainer 2

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Team (Pictures, Levels, & Movesets must be included)

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

TM:
Badge:
ROUND 2

Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

These are the REQUIRED things; there are many other small details you can add to your Gym such as Gym Puzzle and other things.

Pictures & Levels must be included for all the Pokemon. On the Gym Leader's Pokemon a moveset, picture, & level is required. Also, you are required to make a Round 2 Gym, meaning that you have to make your gym, only at a much more advanced level & with more advanced pokemon. This is because in the rom, I am going to make it possible to fight each gym leader twice.

The following is where I will mark if your Gym/Elite 4/Rival is in The ROM:

Gym 1 - Skim Shot's Water Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 2 - ooOpposite Day's Electric Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 3 - Eos Dauro's Psychic Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 4 - Ghostly Phoenix's Fighting Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 5 - ooOpposite Day's Flying Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 6 - Syrynn's Dragon Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 7 - SkipShot's & ooOppositeDay's dual Steel/Ice Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 8 - Zeta Dimentio's Fire / Electric Gym [CONGRATS!]

Elite 4 (1) -
Elite 4 (2) -
Elite 4 (3) -
Elite 4 (4) -
Champion - Maci12: The typing shall remain a mystery until I unveil my Champion in all its splendor

The type of Rivals there are will be chosen by the community: I will post a poll of various different Rival combos, and the most voted for will be the set of Rivals.

At the end of each round of Gym Making, I will add the gym I think is the best to this list. More details on the rounds can be found in the Important Dates section of this post.
========================
Once all 8 Gyms are decided, the Elite 4 will be decided as well. I will be making the Champion Battle. After that, the Rival Battles are made, and then we are done. The templates for the Rival Sign Up/Elite 4 Sign Up will be posted later.
========================
Level Ranges
========================
These ranges applies to the leader's pokemon only, the Gym Trainer's Pokemon Levels are roughly 4 levels lower than the leaders lowest level pokemon, but that's really up to you. Obviously, your going to have a smaller range of numbers than these do, I'm simply stating what the lowest acceptable level and the highest acceptable levels are.

Gym 1 - 16 - 22 [Round 2 = 70-74]
Gym 2 - 20 - 28 [Round 2 = 72-76]
Gym 3 - 25 - 34 [Round 2 = 73-77]
Gym 4 - 30 - 42 [Round 2 = 75-79]
Gym 5 - 39 - 48 [Round 2 = 76-79]
Gym 6 - 43 - 52 [Round 2 = 78-81]
Gym 7 - 48 - 56 [Round 2 = 80-83]
Gym 8 - 56 - 61 [Round 2 = 85-90]
Elite 4 (1) - 62 - 71 [Round 2 = 84 - 93]
Elite 4 (2) - 65 - 74 [Round 2 = 87 - 96]
Elite 4 (3) - 67 - 76 [Round 2 = 89 - 98]
Elite 4 (4) - 69 - 78 [Round 2 = 91 - 100]
Champion - 75 - 85 [Round 2 = 97 - 107] (Yes, with my editor I can break 100 =])
========================
Important Dates
========================
Unlike some other Create a Gym type things, because I am using some of the Gyms from this post, I am doing this in an organized fashion. Every day I will open up ONE Gym for people to make gyms for. At the end of that day, I will decide who made the best gym, add it to my list, and that Gym will be closed for the rest of the process. There will be no posting ahead of time, or I will disregard your gym regardless of how well made it is. The dates for the Gym Posting are as follows:

10/11/09 - Gym 1 Opens
10/13/09 - Gym 1 Closes. Gym 2 Opens.
10/15/09 - Gym 2 Closes. Gym 3 Opens.
10/17/09 - Gym 3 Closes. Gym 4 Opens.
10/19/09 - Gym 4 Closes. Gym 5 Opens.
10/21/09 - Gym 5 Closes. Gym 6 Opens.
10/23/09 - Gym 6 Closes. Gym 7 Opens.
10/25/09 - Gym 7 Closes. Gym 8 Opens.
10/28/09 - Gym 8 Closes. Elite 4 Typing Poll Opens
10/29/09 - Elite 4 Typing Poll Closes @ 12:00 a.m. server time. The results decide the Elite 4 typing.
10/30/09 - Elite 4 (1) Closes. Elite 4 (2) Opens
10/1/09 - Elite 4 (2) Closes. Elite 4 (3) Opens (HAPPY HALLOWEEN!)
11/4/09 - Elite 4 (3) Closes. Elite 4 (4) Opens
11/7/09 - Elite 4 (4) Closes. Rival 1 Opens.
11/10/09 - Rival 1 Closes. Rival 2 Opens.
11/13/09 - Rival 2 Closes. Rival 3 Opens.
11/16/09 - Rival 3 Closes. Rival 4 Opens.
11/19/09 - Project Closes. This has been a fun ride!

Keep these dates in mind if you want a specific Gym or Elite member.
Each round starts and closes at 12:00 p.m. EST on the day posted, you have 2 days to make a Gym =).
========================
Final Notes
========================
As you can probably tell from the level ranges, I am making a challening Rom that moves at a quicker pace than normal both level wise and evolution wise. Illegal evolutions ARE ALLOWED. This means that is a pokemon is fully evolved at 36 and you have it fully evolved at 22 for your Gym Leader this is okay!

When the time comes for the Pokemon League Trainers, you will see my Champion set, and I will update this post with the Level Ranges for the Elites.

Also, I would love to see some quality Fakemon from anyone who has them, however if you use them please PM me their Base stats & prevolutions (if they have them), because I think some Fakemon are awesome. I'm using a Smogon CAP for my Champion, for example.

Go crazy, have lots of fun, and I will comment on some of the Gyms that I feel have potential to be even greater. If you have any questions, please ask me and I will do my best to answer them =).

Come join the Project: Creating a Pokemon League II and create your own gym to compete against other people!

Last edited by Maci12; November 6th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Charmageddon
Charizard has evolved into ^

This sounds really fun, I'd love to create a gym.... but seriously, we only have 1 day to post our gyms? It's nearing the end of the day where I am, I only have a couple of hours to create an entire gym? And some of us have jobs and stuff too..... I don't want to moan too much, but I reckon you'd get a lot more applications if you kept it open for a bit longer.
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."
- Karen, Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal

Old October 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Maci12
Gym Leader

You're right of course =P I wasn't thinking realistically. I have updated the main post: You now have 2 days to do each gym, and all the times are based on EST, meaning that there are roughly 33 hours left to make the first gym =).
Come join the Project: Creating a Pokemon League II and create your own gym to compete against other people!

Last edited by Maci12; October 11th, 2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I Laugh at your Misfortune!
Normal is a synonym for boring

Nature: Quirky
Blarg, American dates got me confused for a second XD I'm probably gonna knock together a bug type gym. Bugs don't get enough love and they work pretty well as a first gym - they can be fully evolved by level 10, which is the point which most first gym leader's pokemon are anyway :D

So yeah, I'll post a bug-type gym here sometime pretty soon.

Folias Gym
Bug
Gym

Gym Trainers

Bug Catcher Eric [Bug]

Opening Speech: Y'know what the best thing is about bugs? They evolve real easy!

LvL 7
Lvl 7

Closing Speech: They may have evolved, but cocoons aren't great at battling...

Bug Maniac Trevor [Bug]

Opening Speech: I breed my Pokémon especially for battle!

LvL 10

Closing Speech: What a waste of time...

NOTE: Only one of these has to be faced to reach the Gym Leader

Gym Leader

Leader Buzz [Bug]

Opening Speech: ...you want to battle? Fine, but you'd better not take me lightly. People are always looking down on Bug types, but they can be a dangerous opponent. Don't believe me? Fine! I'll beat you, to prove that they can be tough!

LvL 8 - Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face, Constrict

LvL 11 - Fury Attack, Poison Sting, Silver Wind

Closing Speech: Aw, man! I was meant to be showing how tough my Pokémon are and you wiped the floor with them! Thanks for the battle though, I really got to show off my Beedrill. Take this, as thanks.

(Player Obtains TM 62)

Final Words: That TM is for Silver Wind. It deals damage and has a chance of raising all of your stats! It can make a weak Pokémon instantly tougher in one turn! Don't think you're getting it for free though: next time you're in town I want another battle!

ROUND 2

Folias Gym
Bug
Gym 1

Gym Leader

Leader Buzz [Bug]

Opening Speech: Hey, it's you again! I've been getting a lot better - let me show you how tough my bugs have become!

LvL 55 - Spider Web, Poison Jab, Psychic, Agility
LvL 55 - X-Scissor, Agility, Slash, Swords Dance
LvL 57 - Bug Buzz, Silver Wind, Psybeam, Safeguard
LvL 60- Poison Jab, Twineedle, Toxic Spikes, Agility

Closing Speech: Not again! Beedrill's down and out!

Final Words: I guess I have a lot more training to do. Me and my bugs will be the toughest eventually, but not just yet...

Last edited by I Laugh at your Misfortune!; October 11th, 2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Maci12
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armoire of Invincibility View Post
Blarg, American dates got me confused for a second XD I'm probably gonna knock together a bug type gym. Bugs don't get enough love and they work pretty well as a first gym - they can be fully evolved by level 10, which is the point which most first gym leader's pokemon are anyway :D

So yeah, I'll post a bug-type gym here sometime pretty soon.
Haha Cool! And remember, you don't have to shy away from strong fully evolved pokemon for the first gym either. This rom is meant to be hugely challenging, so I give you full freedom to experiment with more powerful pokemon like Heracross or Scizor even for the first gym :D.
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Charmageddon

OK, I'll post a gym tomorrow then. It's probably going to be a Psychic-type gym, since they never get to feature much at the start of the game.
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

Old October 11th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I Laugh at your Misfortune!
Normal is a synonym for boring

Well, I've posted it (edited into first post). I hope it doesn't suck too bad...

Old October 11th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Maci12
Gym Leader

It doesn't suck at all! I see a lot of potential in it. I just have some little tips to make it even better for this Round. Here are my little nitpicks =)

1. The Round 1 levels are a little low for the Gym Leader (see the original post for suggested levels) The round 2 levels should each be 10 higher according to the guideline =).

2. In Round 2, the Gym Leader has to have 5 pokemon; but thats my fault completely for not making that clearer.

3. Don't be afraid of using Scizor, Heracross, or Yanmega, as they are the most competetively viable bugs, and all fit in greatly with your theme (Yanmega especially). You can use one of them in Round 1 and as many of them as you want in round 2.
=========
Thank you so much for putting this gym forth, I like how eager you were to get it out here =).
==========
Just a reminder: it is now 12:00 EST, meaning there are 24 hours left to post the first Gym! Read the original post and be as creative as possible: I hope to see some snazzy Gyms!

Last edited by Maci12; October 11th, 2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old October 12th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Charmageddon

Here's mine:

Precognia Gym
Psychic
Gym 1

Puzzle: A basic path.

Sign: Precognia Gym. Type: Psychic. Leader: Angela. The soft-hearted seer.

Gym guy’s dialogue: Hey there, newbie! The leader here’s really quite something… she can see the future! Apparently, she battles to read her opponent’s destinies. Mad, I know…. If you want to beat this gym, you’re gonna need a bug, ghost or dark type. Psychic types are tough, good luck!

Gym Trainers

Psychic Matthew [Psychic]

Opening Speech: Angela has chosen me as her only gym trainer. She said she saw potential in me… but I could not ever hope to even come close to her power. Perhaps if I defeat you, I could get one step further…

Natu
Lvl. 17
Early Bird
- Aerial Ace
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray
- Lucky Chant

Bronzor
Lvl. 18
Levitate
- Confusion
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Gyro Ball

Closing Speech: I was never meant to beat you; your destiny was to continue.…. Hey, I’m getting the hang of this prediction lark!

Gym Leader

Leader Angela [Psychic]

Appearance: Female, mid-twenties, but with the look of someone older. Pale skin, long curly black hair, bright blue eyes.

Opening Speech: Welcome to Precognia. Here, many young trainers start their journey… it is something of a gift to live here, to see bonds being made, paths being taken…. so many people unaware of the destiny that awaits them. I see that destiny. Gifted from a young age, the futures of people and Pokemon are laid out before me like the pages of a book. And what awaits you, my young friend?

Kirlia
Lvl. 19
Trace
- Confusion
- Grass Knot
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball

Baltoy
Lvl. 18
Levitate
- Psybeam
- Mud Slap
- Future Sight
- Explosion

Xatu
Lvl. 22
Synchronise
- Roost
- Endure
- Future Sight
- Psychic

Closing Speech: I see. It is clear what awaits you. I can see your future, what victories and catastrophies you will endure. You wish me to clarify? Now, that would be telling, wouldn’t it?

(Player Obtains the Destiny Badge and TM Future Sight)

Final Words: Future Sight…. Your Pokemon looks into the future and strikes through time. It is quite beautiful to see. Now go on. The bonds with your Pokemon are strong, I can tell you that. You have no idea what is to become of you….. enjoy that mystery.

I hope it isn’t too overpowered…. Then again you did say it was supposed to be extra-hard and the first post specifies levels 16-22 so, yeah.

Rematch:
- Espeon
- Gardevoir
- Spiritomb
- Claydol
- Xatu
- Metagross/Latias

Usually I wouldn’t use legendaries in a gym leader’s line-up, but you used both Moltres and Raikou in the example, so I thought I’d put in Latias. Latias would be more suited to the gym I think, but Metagross is pretty damn strong, and so I put him in, in case you decide against using legendaries.

What do y'think?

Old October 12th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Maci12
Gym Leader

That's a great gym! It has everything I can ask for from it: The levels, the movesets, its perfect! For the rematch though, could you possibly put the levels and movesets just ecause tis one of the requirements =P. I have no problem with Latias being in a gym, its OU so it's fine. Thank you so much for bringing this gym to the table =).

Also, I would love to see some quality Fakemon from anyone who has them, however if you use them please PM me their Base stats & prevolutions (if they have them), because I think some Fakemon are awesome. I'm using a Smogon CAP for my Champion, for example.

Looking for more gyms! There are essentially 12 hours left to post your Gyms so go ahead and get them out here; at 12:00 a.m. EST, I will decide the First Gym.
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Skip Shot
I'm back. I think.

Nature: Calm
Heh, this looks like fun. Time to try one out!

Lorango Gym
Water Type
Gym 1

The Puzzle

The player will have to manuever his way around several rocks, waterfalls, and stairs to reach the gym leader. Be careful, as some routes lead to dead ends and gym trainers!

Round 1

Gym Trainers

Swimmer(Female) Kristen (Water)

Opening Dialogue: You better be careful, because only the Gym Leader can match my speed in the water!

Luvdisc
Level 16
Swift Swim

Charm
Water Gun
Agility
Hidden Power

Staryu
Level 16
Natural Cure

Water Gun
Rapid Spin
Recover
Harden

Poliwag
Level 17
Water Absorb

Water Gun
Hypnosis
DoubleSlap
Encore

Closing Speech: I forgot that speed wasn't everything about battling.

Swimmer (Male) Patch (Water)

Opening Speech: You're challenging Casey? Ha! I'll crush you first!

Carvanha
Rough Skin
Level 17

Bite
Ice Fang
Scary Face
Focus Energy

Finneon
Swift Swim
Level 17

Gust
Rain Dance
Water Gun
Pound

Buizel
Swift Swim
Level 18

Pursuit
Water Gun
Headbutt
Swift

Closing Speech: How did that happen?!

Gym Leader

Leader Casey (Water)

Opening Speech: Hello there! I'm Casey, and I'm known as one of the fastest swimmers in the region! Because of that, I can communicate greatly with my water Pokemon, which is why I am a Gym Leader! Show me what you've got!

Squirtle
Torrent
Level 18

Bite
Water Gun
Fake Out
Yawn

Chinchou
Volt Absorb
Level 18

Water Gun
Confuse Ray
Brine
Thunder Wave

Prinplup@ Sitrus Berry
Torrent
Level 21

Brine
Peck
Metal Claw
Bide

Defeat Speech: How were you able to defeat my powered-up water Pokemon! You're a real hotshot!

Closing Speech: (User Obtains Pool Badge) Congratulations on your victory, (name)! I'm glad I had an amazing battle with you! As a token of our battle, please take this TM with you! (User obtains TM55 Brine!) Brine is an attack that powers up as your opponents get weaker, just like I do in races! I hope you come back sometime, as I would love to battle you again!

Round 2

Lorango Gym
Water Type
Gym 1

Gym Leader

Leader Casey (Water)

Opening Speech: Hey (name), its nice to see you again! I'm glad you came, because I've been training ever since our last battle, and I'm up for a rematch! Are you ready? Then let's get started!

Swampert
Torrent
Level 70

Earthquake
Surf
Ice Beam
Hammer Arm

Arghonaut
Unaware
Level 70

Wring Out
Waterfall
Recover
Ice Punch

Blastoise
Torrent
Level 71

Brine
Skull Bash
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

Lanturn
Volt Absorb
Level 71

Discharge
Confuse Ray
Hydro Pump
Brine

Kingdra
Swift Swim
Level 72

Dragon Pulse
Outrage
Waterfall
Brine

Empoleon @ Sitrus Berry
Torrent
Level 74

Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Brine

Defeat Speech: You were able to take me down again! You really are a hotshot!

Closing Speech: You're definitely one of the greatest trainers I have ever battled. Thank you again for such a great battle! I'll continually train, and hopefully we'll meet up again someday!

Quick Edit: I saw the fakemon request, and its time to pull from CAP...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthr...18#post1706418 for all info.
I'm back. But not as active as before. 2 years has been too long.

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

Old October 12th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Maci12
Gym Leader

Haha I love it! Arghonaut is a great CAP and is brilliant with your Gym. You really went above and beyond with the Trainer movesets, but I have to dissapoint you as you can't reliably put in Trainer movesets with the Trainer Editor I use, only Gym Leader sets. You didn't miss anything from the OP, and its a great gym! You don't need to PM Arghonaut's stats as I can obviously get the from Smogon. Thank you so much for sharing this =).
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Skip Shot
I'm back. I think.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maci12 View Post
Haha I love it! Arghonaut is a great CAP and is brilliant with your Gym. You really went above and beyond with the Trainer movesets, but I have to dissapoint you as you can't reliably put in Trainer movesets with the Trainer Editor I use, only Gym Leader sets. You didn't miss anything from the OP, and its a great gym! You don't need to PM Arghonaut's stats as I can obviously get the from Smogon. Thank you so much for sharing this =).
Ah, oh well, at least I get to keep the Gym Leaders the same way! Thanks for taking a look! This is kinda inspiring me to start over on a fanfic that I have 8 unique gym leaders (no e4)...
I'm back. But not as active as before. 2 years has been too long.

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

Old October 12th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Maci12
Gym Leader

Haha that's cool. Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun just looking at them. Also, I am mapping the hack (in addition to quite a few other things =P), so at the end of the whole project, I will post the pictures of the winning gyms' maps.

Keep them coming!
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Charmageddon

Quote:
That's a great gym! It has everything I can ask for from it: The levels, the movesets, its perfect!
Thanks!

Quote:
For the rematch though, could you possibly put the levels and movesets just ecause tis one of the requirements =P.
Is it alright if I post the levels/movesets tomorrow? I know it's past the deadline, but I've already posted the main part of the gym so....

Quote:
Also, I would love to see some quality Fakemon from anyone who has them, however if you use them please PM me their Base stats & prevolutions (if they have them), because I think some Fakemon are awesome.
*cough*signature*cough*

PM me your e-mail adress and I can send you a document with details of all my Fakemon. No sprites or anything though.

Old October 12th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Opposite Day
too old for name changes

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opposite Day Send a message via Skype™ to Opposite Day
Heh, my turn! :D

Redwood Gym
Grass

Puzzle: A couple of vines that fades away and pops up, depending on where you walk. (If you've been to the Distortion world in Pkmn Platinum, you know what I'm talking about).

Sign: Redwood City Pokémon Gym
Leader:
Arbor
"The root of all evil"

The "gym nerd" dialogue:
"Yello there! I suppose this is your first time to a magnificent gym like this? No matter what, I like helping rookies out, so I'll give you a pro tip: Redwood is a Grass-type user. Burn him with your guts, or swoop down on him from above!"

Gym Trainers

Flower Lady Mirabel [Grass]

Opening Speech:
Fun fact: Did you know that plants grow better if people talk to them?

Lvl 16

Lvl 18

Closing Speech:
OH COME ON! DO SOMETHING!

After battle speech:
...I think yelling is supposed to help too..

Youngster Harley [Grass]
Opening Speech: I warn you, my pokémon can dish out some real damage!
Lvl 14
Lvl 16
Lvl 19

Closing speech:
We ended up being nothing but a dishtraction..
After battle speech: Yeah, I know, I know, but I just can't help dishing out these puns!

Gym Leader

Leader Arbor [Grass]

Appearance: Male. Dark hair with a short spiky haircut and closed eyes. He sits peacefully with his eyes closed, his legs crossed, and his dark green skirt unbuttoned. Has a rather tan skin, complete with a couple of light brown pants and nothing on his feet.

Opening Speech:
"Plants are fantastic. You sow a seed, you nurture it, cut away the weeds, and eventually, with constant love and care, it grows into something much bigger than it originally was. Plants and humans are very much alike in that fashion. You, however, are nothing but a disease to my plants! Forward, my arboreal army!"

Hoppip lvl 17
Leaf Guard
- Sunny Day
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Weepinbell lvl 20
Clorophyll
- Ingrain
- Tickle
- Vine Whip
- Sunny Day
Shiftry (nicknamed Shifty) lvl 22
Clorophyll
@ Sitrus Berry
- Razor Leaf
- Faint Attack
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Closing Speech:
If you can beat me, then you are one strong weed. Tell you what, you're worthy of the Root Badge!

(Player obtains the Root Badge and TM 05, Leech Seed)

Final Words:
Imagine small seeds spreading all over you. Then slowly growing.. and growing.. sucking your life away. That is the power of Leech Seed, use it well! But don't think I'm done with you yet! When you think you've become strong, then get back here for a rematch, so that I can eredicate you and your harmful prescence! Now LEAVE!
Rematch:
Jumpluff lvl 72
Leaf Guard
@ Light Clay
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- Sleep Powder

Ludicolo lvl 73
Rain Dish
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

Breloom lvl 75
Effect Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

Victreebel lvl 74
Clorophyll
- Leaf Blade
- Sludge Bomb
- Sunny Day
- Weather Ball

Shiftry (nicknamed Shifty) lvl 77
Clorophyll
@ Leftovers
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Don't even think of adding shagmin though D:
+Anti: we were all noobs at some point
+Anti: or in sims' case
+Anti: still are noobs
+Anti: his team looks like a salad

Last edited by Opposite Day; October 12th, 2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Maci12
Gym Leader

Haha, of course I don't need to see the sprites, that would be rather shady, but what I mean is, if there are any Fakemon you want to use for your gym, post it here and then PM me the details about it so I can use it in the hack. You can post the levels tomorrow, but the Gym 1 section will have already closed, its really up to you and your schedule =).

Keep the gyms coming! I want a wide variety to choose from tonight!

Edit: Just saw the Grass gym and I really like it. You have a lot of detail, the levels are all correct, and I love that you used a (illegal) evolved pokemon; it keeps things challenging, and everything is formatted correctly! Great job!

Last edited by Maci12; October 12th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Opposite Day
too old for name changes

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opposite Day Send a message via Skype™ to Opposite Day
Quote:
Haha, of course I don't need to see the sprites, that would be rather shady, but what I mean is, if there are any Fakemon you want to use for your gym, post it here and then PM me the details about it so I can use it in the hack. You can post the levels tomorrow, but the Gym 1 section will have already closed, its really up to you and your schedule =).

Keep the gyms coming! I want a wide variety to choose from tonight!

Edit: Just saw the Grass gym and I really like it. You have a lot of detail, the levels are all correct, and I love that you used a (illegal) fully evolved pokemon; it keeps things challenging, and everything is formatted correctly! Great job!
Hey, Shiftry is fully legal It evolves from Seedot to Nuzleaf at lvl 14 I think, and then it evolves by stone
(Weepinbell, on the other hand...)
+Anti: we were all noobs at some point
+Anti: or in sims' case
+Anti: still are noobs
+Anti: his team looks like a salad
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Maci12
Gym Leader

ROUND 1 IS CLOSED!!!!

Congradulations to Skim Shot I loved your Water gym! It is the first Gym that will be in my Rom Hack so congradulations on that!

Great job everyone who submitted this round: my decision was most certainly a tough one to make. Remember, there are still 7 more gyms to make & the Elite 4, so keep submitting your work!

Just some reminders for Round 2: Gym 2:

There's a new template:
Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Sign: (Gym Name & Gym Leader in a signish way) EX: Iceflow Valley Gym. Leader: Joshua the Ice Prodigy.
Gym Nerd Speech: (The guy who informs you about the Gym who no one really talks to =P)

Trainer 1

Trainer 2

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

TM:
Badge:
ROUND 2

Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

And that's the new template: the original post will be updated with it.
==========================
Level Ranges for Gym 2
==========================
Quote:
Gym 2 - 23 - 28 [Round 2 = 72-76]
Because Gym 1's highest pokemon was a level 21, try and stay above that for your gym.

EDIT: Extensive changes have been made to the process, so its a good idea just to look back at the original post.

Also, Round 2 is officially open, so get to working on those gyms, you have roughly 48 hours from now until I close this round.

Last edited by Maci12; October 12th, 2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Eos Aduro
The Kid with the Bullet Soul

Terratrek Gym
Ground
Gym #2

Puzzle:Its a snakes and ladders deal, there are two platforms, one raises you up, the other drops you down, and the way to know which is by a tremor pattern, when you enter the room the floor shakes in a pattern, then one of the platforms mirrors it, that one raises you up to continue. The one that drops down goes to a room with the trainers, like the 8th Gym in RSE.

Gym Sign:
Terratrek Gym. Leader: Warren. Be prepared to quake with fear!
Gym Nerd Speech: How's our newest star? Welcoem to the Terratrek Gym, its a Ground type gym. Going in with water and grass is a good idea, but look out for any steel or fire Pokemon you might have!

Gym Trainers

Trainer 1
Cool Trainer Candace

Opening Speech: You look shaky, gotta have balance in this gym!

Team

Level 23

Level 24

Closing Speech:
Ohh, guess I couldn't stay standing forever...

Trainer 2

Ruin Maniac Louis

Opening Speech: You gotta be able to dig it to take on the Gym Leader!

Team

Level 23

Level 23

Level 24

Closing Speech:
Blew it!! Hope the Leader's not mad!

Trainer 3
Ninja Boy Maurice

Opening Speech: Ha! Ninjas used to suprise enemies by burrowing, just like my Pokemon!

Level 24

Level 24

Closing Speech: Ugh, guess I should go back to my hole...

Gym Leader
Leader Warren (Ground)

Opening Speech: I'm the Gym Leader Warren, and be prepared to get buried! I've tunneled through the hardest stone and climbed the highest mountains, be ready to feel the quaking of my Pokemon kid!!

Team

Level 25
-Yawn
-Take Down
-Dig
-Bite

Level 26
-Dig
-Slam
-Rock Tomb
-Bind

Level 28
-Dig
-Earth Power
-Sucker Punch
-Magnitude

Closing Speech:
I've been beaten... Congratulations kid...

Final Words:
I guess you deserve this badge(Receive Quake Badge). You could go far kid, here's something to give you that extra edge. (Receive TM 28-Dig). With that, you can burrow anywhere!

TM:
Tm 28-Dig
Badge: The Quake Badge

ROUND 2

Terratrek Gym
Gym Type-Ground
Gym #2

Gym Leader
Warren

Opening Speech: So, you've come back. Well, be prepared for a different battle, I've trained harder than ever before so I could defeat you!

Team

Level-72
-Crunch
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang

Level-72
-Dig
-Stone Edge
-Magnet Rise
-Iron Tail

Level-74
-Dig
-Fissure
-Slash
-Night Slash

Level-74
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Earth Power
-Leaf Storm

Level-75
-Dig
-Dragon Rush
-Fire Fang
-Sand Tomb

Level-76
-Megahorn
-Earth Power
-Horn Drill
-Head Smash

Closing Speech:
Lost again, I'll be stronger next time for your return!

Final Words:
Well, you certainly are a difficult opponent (name). You teach me that I have to train more, climb higher, thank you.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and dedicated people can change the world... because its the only thing that ever has
Theme credit goes to The Blueprint!
My New Roleplay
Come Create a Gym! You know you want too

Last edited by Eos Aduro; October 14th, 2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Maci12
Gym Leader

Creative gym =) You followed all the formatting, used the right levels, and it was really well planned out. I also like the strategy of your gym: using Hippo as the lead for your gym leader makes great sense and certainly refelcts competetive play. Thanks for being the first submission to round 2; you are certainly setting the bar high =).

EDIT

We're half way through with round 2 and so far only one (great) submission. I hope to see more gyms tomorrow, there are still 23 hours left. Remember, you can post a gym every round, you aren't just limited to one over the course of the project! Looking forward to seeing some more gyms!

Last edited by Maci12; October 13th, 2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Charmageddon

Oh no, I've come up with an absolitely perfect Ground-type gym, but it only really fits for being the 4th-5th gym! Somebody else, submit a gym quick!

Old October 14th, 2009, 08:02 AM
slls81
What does that even mean?

Nature: Timid
Freebreeze Gym
Flying
Gym 2

Gym Sign - Freebreeze Gym, Leader: Sky, Soaring above the competition!
Gym Nerd - Hows it going champ in the making? Welcome to Freebreeze Gym! The leader here specializes in Flying types, so Electric and Rock types will be helpful here!

Gym Trainer 1:
Bird Keeper Darius

Opening Speech: I got into Flying type pokémon thanks to Sky!

Team

Noctowl
Level 22

Swellow
Level 22

Closing Speech: I’m still new to this...

Gym Trainer 2:
Bird Keeper Summer

Opening speech: Flying type pokémon are the best, because you can fly around on their backs!

Team

Fearow
Level 25

Closing Speech: I guess being able to fly doesn’t help in battle...

Gym Trainer 3:
Bird Keeper Bryan

Opening Speech: I like to experiment with different types of flying pokémon!

Team

Tropius
Level 23

Gyarados
Level 24

Closing Speech: Maybe I should spend less time experimenting, and more time training...

Gym Leader:
Leader Sky

Opening Speech: My name is Sky, and I am the Gym leader of Freebreeze Gym! Flying type pokémon are able to avoid a number of attacks that other pokémon can’t, can you hit my pokémon?

Team

Pidgeotto
Level 25
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Twister

Skarmory
Level 26
-Swift
-Agility
-Fury Attack
-Air Cutter

Pelipper
Level 28
-Supersonic
-Wing Attack
-Water Pulse
-Protect

Closing Speech: You... you beat my birds?

Final Words: I still can’t believe I lost, but fair is fair. Take this Soar Badge to prove that you have defeated me! (receive Soar Badge) Oh, and take this TM! It could be helpful on your journey. (receive TM40 - Aerial Ace) It’s Aerial Ace, with that move you can never miss!

TM - Aerial Ace
Badge - Soar Badge

Round 2
Leader Sky

Opening Speech: You’re back! I’ve been training almost non-stop since we last battled! Now I can show you the true power of Flying type pokémon!

Team

Skarmory
Level 72
-Spikes
-Metal Sound
-Air Slash
-Night Slash

Pelipper
Level 72
-Wing Attack
-Protect
-Roost
-Hydro Pump

Crobat
Level 73
-Cross Poison
-Confuse Ray
-Poison Fang
-Air Slash

Pidgeot
Level 74
-Agility
-Roost
-Mirror Move
-Air Slash

Altaria
Level 76
-Sing
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Pulse
-Sky Attack

Closing Speech: You... you won again? But how?

Final Words: Wow (players name) you have shown me that I need to train even harder if I ever want to be as good as you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, theres my attempt... I hope that didn't suck too badly
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Charmageddon

Here's my gym:

Twilight Gym
Dark
Gym 2
Puzzle: Must complete two jigsaw puzzles (think Ruins of Alph), one of a star, one of the moon, in order to continue through the gym – see attachment at bottom.

Sign: Twilight Gym. Type: Dark. Gym Leader: Remus, the nocturnal master of darkness.

Gym guy’s dialogue: Hey again! This gym’s kinda creepy, isn’t it? The gym leader here uses Dark-type pokemon, he loves night-time, so you’re gonna need a Bug or Fighting type to beat him!

Gym Trainers

Nocturnal Alexander [Dark]

Opening Speech: Prepare to be engulfed by the mystical powers of darkness!

Sableye

Lvl. 23
Keen Eye
- Shadow Claw
- Fury Swipes
- Night Shade
- Aerial Ace

Nuzleaf

Lvl. 23
Early Bird
- Razor Leaf
- Leech Seed
- Fake Out
- Payback

Sneasel

Lvl. 23
Keen Eye
- Faint Attack
- Quick Attack
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

Closing Speech: I was more guff than engulf….

Double Battle: Nocturnal Simone and Bird Keeper Emily
Nocturnal Simone
Opening Speech: My dog pokemon will crunch your bones into dust!

Houndour

Lvl. 22
Flash Fire
- Ember
- Bite
- Howl
- Will-o-wisp

Mightyena (nicknamed Poochie)

Lvl. 24
Intimidate
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Thunder Fang
- Bite

Closing Speech: My poor Poochie-kins!
Bird Keeper Emily

Opening Speech: Fly by night, sleep by day, that is the way of my pokemon.

Murkrow

Lvl. 22
Super Luck
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Steel Wing
- Thunder Wave

Noctowl

Lvl. 24
Insomnia
- Roost
- Confusion
- Hypnosis
- Aerial Ace

Closing Speech: Of course, this doesn’t leave much time for training….

Gym Leader

Leader Remus [Psychic]
Appearance: Male, early twenties, black spiky hair, long black leather duster, confident looking.

Opening Speech: I’ve always loved the night. The cold, crisp air biting at your skin. The harsh silence over the town. The Pokémon…. those that come out at night are the most powerful, sneaky, intelligent and devastating Pokémon I have ever seen. Would you like a demonstration?

Honchkrow

Lvl. 25
Super Luck
- Night Slash
- Drill Peck
- Feather Dance
- Air Cutter

Dusclops

Lvl. 25
Pressure
- Toxic
- Protect
- Safeguard
- Shadow Ball

Umbreon

Lvl. 28
Sychronize
- Night Slash
- Wish
- Yawn
- Psychic

Closing Speech: Incredible… my nocturnal Pokemon couldn’t do a thing. How did you…. I actually lost….

(Player Obtains the Dusk Badge and TM Night Slash)

Final Words: In the right hands, Night Slash can be truly devastating. It perfectly displays a dark-type’s power. Use it well. PLAYER… you have defeated me. Not many people can do that. I hate to admit this, but I can tell you’re a brilliant trainer. Now go, and prove me right!

Rematch

Opening Speech: After I lost to you before, I trained harder than ever, pushing my Pokemon and myself to the limit. By the light of the moon, prepare to face the absolute pinnacle of our power!

Honchkrow

Lvl. 72
Super Luck
- Air Cutter
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Hidden Power (Ground)

Weavile

Lvl. 71
Pressure
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Dusknoir

Lvl. 73
Pressure
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch

Umbreon @ Leftovers

Lvl. 74
Synchronize
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry

Lvl. 76
Sand Stream
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Closing Speech: You proved me right again… you truly are a force to be reckoned with.

Final Words: I gave it my all and you crushed me. There is no limit to how far you can go now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dark gym.jpg‎ (19.4 KB, 53 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old October 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
killer95
Beginning Trainer

Rocky River Gym
Rock/Steel/Ground

Gym Sign: Rocky River Gym
Leader:Maurice the Mineral King.
Gym Nerd Speech:Wow it feels like we're in the mountains, you'll have to go uphill to find the gym leader Maurice who specializes in Earth (Rock/Steel/Ground)Pokemon So Bring a Grass or a Water Pokemon 'cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Hiker Bob

Opening Speech: Haha you're not even prepared to hike in the mountains how are u gonna prepare for me.

Team

Level 22

Level 23

Closing Speech:You prepare fast!!!

Scientist Dan
Opening Speech: You sure you're going down the right path, I'll tell you if you beat me.
Team

Level 27

Closing Speech: AWWW.......well ok i guess i have to tell you that you're going down the right path.

Gym Leader Maurice

Opening Speech: Well you've found me but I'll have u know that Earth Pokemon are the most defensive Pokemon out there and the best offense is a good defense , we're gonna crush you.

Team

Level 25
Rock Throw
Magnitude
Stone Edge
Dig

Level 26
Iron Defense
Psychic
Rock Tomb
Extrasensory

Level 28
Sandstorm
Rock Tomb
Dig
Stone Edge

Closing Speech:My Earth Pokemon......Lost!

Final Words:I can't believe my solid earth pokemon lost, but i guess i have to give you this badge.
(Player receives Rubble Badge)Take this Tm too.(Player receives Tm71) Thats Stone Edge a solid move for a Earth Pokemon.

TM: Stone Edge 71
Badge:Rubble Badge

ROUND 2

Rocky River Gym
Rock/Steel/Ground

Gym Leader Maurice

Opening Speech:We meet again, my Earth Pokemon are Stronger and more mature now, prepare to be crushed once and for all!

Team

Level 72
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Stone Edge

Level 72
Psychic
Sandstorm
Shadow Ball
Rock Tomb

Level 74
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Stone Edge
Sandstorm

Level 75
Sandstorm
Earthquake
Fly
Hyper Beam

Level 76
Protect
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Sandstorm

Closing Speech:No not again.....I guess it wasn't beginners luck!

Final Words:Well I concede defeat, but someday i will be the best solid trainer in the land and i will be better than you!

Last edited by killer95; October 14th, 2009 at 05:08 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here