• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
hey i wanted to know how is changing party members going to work? i mean its not like you can just walk into a pokemon center and walk up to a computer and switch pokemon

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
hey i wanted to know how is changing party members going to work? i mean its not like you can just walk into a pokemon center and walk up to a computer and switch pokemon

If you read the other posts...they're...stored in a bush...lol?
Anyway, the name almost made me not click, I'm glad I did though :D
need moar suppurt bannah!

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
Image14-3.png

Walking along Dapple Path, the first route in the game. Thanks to advice that I've received, the grass placement is more random than it was previously.

Tile error! I'll let you find it yourself.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
strange.. why not? its needed to make pokemon change ther sprites (i hope u understand in which sense)

Which sprites do ya have on mind?
Anyways as other already said there's no ASM on those screenies

Oh gawd, He just brought up a great point. Name one other way to get picras sprite in the "Party" section to have the same sprite he has on the
"Hero Data" card?

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
Omigod.
She just replaced the trainer sprite, that's all, no ASM, bye.

Your a fool. You get a OPTION of what your "Hero Data" sprite looks like.
I love proving people wrong, Including people who don't look at screen shots before they comment.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Your a fool. You get a OPTION of what your "Hero Data" sprite looks like.
I love proving people wrong, Including people who don't look at screen shots before they comment.

Did she ever say that? All I read was that the Pichu replaced the trainer sprite. Could you please quote where she said that?

I love proving people wrong too. Especially people who think others are wrong. She replaced the Trainer Sprite with that Pichu sprite, that is all. Basically, she inserted Pichu twice, once as a Pokemon, once as the trainer.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Yeah, that's the way I would've done it... Why are people arguing over this anyway? The point is, the trainer sprite has been changed to match the Pokémon sprite...

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
*head goes back and forth between the argument* There's no ASM here - it's all just basic sprite insertion. ^^' All I did was replace the pictures of the male and female Trainers with two different Pichu sprites, and then put a third Pichu sprite for the Pokemon itself. No ASM, just UNLZ.gba XD

Anyway...I come bearing screenshots and a support userbar (finally!) ^^

SupportBanner.gif

Support the game? Here's a userbar for your sigs :)

Now, unto the screenshots ^^

Image48-1.png
Image47-1.png

I've been working mainly on mapping and inserting more sprites as of late, so this latest route has no scripts on it at the moment ^^' When you first get unto it, you see some green trees, with a few golden interlopers, until it gradually shifts so the golden trees are the dominant species, with some red trees mixed in :)

Image60.png

Hey, a Beautifly! She will be involved in a script when I get to it - she's looking for her kidnapped Wurmple and will tag along with you (she doesn't battle, but she'll pop up on the overworld and interact with you from time to time until you find her missing caterpillar) as you help her look for it.

Image53-2.png
Image54-1.png
Image55-1.png

Image50-1.png
Image51-1.png
Image52-1.png

Image56-1.png
Image57-1.png
Image58-1.png

Wait! What is this? Can it be true...you're no longer fated to walk everywhere you go? Originally, I was not intending to implement the Running Shoes feature, since there aren't ready made "running Pichu" sprites, and I'm a poor spriter ^^' But then I realized that it would be annoying, and unrealistic, if you couldn't run. So I tried my best with the sprites and put the feature in :) They actually look quite nice in motion...
(Don't get your hopes up, though. The Bike feature will NOT be in XD ).

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022

Pretty cool event looking forward to see more :)

That's sweet position xD
Those running OWs are great ;) Don't underestimate yourself ;)
Wonder what Swablu's doing there :)

That's actually Pachirisu's tail in that screenshot, rather than a Swablu XD It does look a little like one though, doesn't it? ^^ As for Beautifly...at first she attacks you because you're a stranger to the area and thinks you might be associated with the kidnappers; but once she calms down, she realizes that you can help her out. She will go along with you until about the middle of the next route (though she'll be hidden out of sight unless scripts on the overworld are triggered, which will make her appear and start to talk to you - there will be events like that with your "real" team members, too :) ). The next route is also where you get your first real team mate who you can send out into battle. ;)

the side running OW makes Pichu look like a cat. :\

Anyways, nice new event for Beatifly. <3

Yeah, it's the long forelimbs that are giving him the cat look...I'll see what I can do about fixing that ^^' Those side views were the most difficult to sprite and I'm not happy with them for that very reason (Pichu's limbs should be a bit stubbier)...are there any spriters out there who would be willing to help me with this? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Very nice hack, so far. :D

One thing, though...

Something is wrong with Pichu's ribbon: When walking to the right, it's on it's right ear, when walking up, it's on its left ear. You should fix that, while also giving the battle sprite a ribbon as well.

I agree with djg, as well. Pichu does look like a cat when running.

Well anyway, I wish you luck with this~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back