• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
Years
yeah well i guess you should, its special defense will really help you out, and having a 6th pokemon doesnt hurt

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
Where can I get poliwag in silver version.

I see people talking about ruins of alph and you need to catch with old rod but idk where they are talking about...
I have never managed to hook a Poliwag with a fishing rod of any kind. Your best bet is to just surf on certain waters. Water in Violet City and to the east are reliable spots to find Poliwags.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's always Bellylax since this is Crystal we're talking about. Or a Rest abuser.

Something like

Curse
Body Slam
Rest
Belly Drum

Not entirely sure, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's always Bellylax since this is Crystal we're talking about. Or a Rest abuser.

Something like

Curse
Body Slam
Rest
Belly Drum

Not entirely sure, though.

Years
They can be traded, i've done that before. But of course you must have >1 Pokemon in your party, since you can't run around with just an egg. The OT is not who obtained the egg, it's who hatched it.

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
Years
Can you actually let a pokemon evolve by giving them rare candy's (and is this allowed in a monotype challenge)

I was wondering because the evolution of togepi is partly flying and I need flying pokemon for the challenge, however I can not train a togepi as it is not flying.

Thanks in progress.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Yes. If you level up a Pokemon with rare candies it will evolve, and I'm pretty sure it's allowed in Monotype challenges. You'll have to ask the person running it though. But! Togepi evolves into Togetic via happiness, so you can't just keep giving it rare candies and hope that it evolves. You've got to max out its happiness and then give it a rare candy.

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
Years
Yes. If you level up a Pokemon with rare candies it will evolve, and I'm pretty sure it's allowed in Monotype challenges. You'll have to ask the person running it though. But! Togepi evolves into Togetic via happiness, so you can't just keep giving it rare candies and hope that it evolves. You've got to max out its happiness and then give it a rare candy.

Ok thanks, and now I'm busy anyway, how can you raise there happiness exactly (I never knew it) I only know that in goldenrod there is a barbershop or something which makes them happier.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, the Barbershop will help and also walking 256 steps adds a point. Gaining a level does well, too. If all goes well, it should evolve around...well, mine evolved at level 31 after lots of walking and barbershopping. Also, I think it helps that you hatched the Togepi out of the Egg. Maybe it'll evolve sooner for you.

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
Years
Yeah, the Barbershop will help and also walking 256 steps adds a point. Gaining a level does well, too. If all goes well, it should evolve around...well, mine evolved at level 31 after lots of walking and barbershopping. Also, I think it helps that you hatched the Togepi out of the Egg. Maybe it'll evolve sooner for you.

great, thanks for all the help guys!

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
Years
in the underground basement in Goldenrod, there's that little switch puzzle. i know how to get through it to rescue the director, but there's one thing that has always eluded me. how do you get to that pokeball item nestled in the far lower left of the area? what's the switch code to get there?

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
Years
how was gender determined in gen 1 and gen 2 games? i read that in gen 3 it's derived from the personality value, but what was it based on before that was introduced?

is it like shininess where it's based on some existing stats of the pokemon (eg IV's)? or if i traded a pokemon from GSC to RBY and then back a little later, is there a chance it would switch gender?

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2009
how can you find moltres then kyogre then rayquaza pls. help i'm stuck at this stage. I already found groudon and lugia

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
You can't get Groudon,Kyogre or Rayquaza in the Gameboy/Gameboy Color games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back