• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
The official view of CBM is that he'd like any glitch reports PM'd to him, as far as I understand.

Cebalrai

Your Burmy Buddy!
Years
I just finished the game today, not going to bother trying to get all the Pokemon though.

I have to say I was completely floored. I was really in love with this hack. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Seriously I'd give you a big smooch although you probably wouldn't enjoy that.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
Quit making a big fuss about it. If you know of a glitch, then post it. Otherwise, there only is one glitch: The healing point in the ghost tower doesn't work.
The healing point worked fine for me... all the hp was healed anyway and the pokemon revived. i didn't look for PP. You do mean that one forest with the missingno right? If not disregard this. also, i found this glitch heading (i can never remember eastwest)right from the house to the right after the water in eagulou city. Nothing major, not a complaint. just an amusing little sprite glitch. at least i think its a glitch.
Untitled-2.png
EDIT: HOLY CRAP ITS ALL OF THEM! ITS A CONSPIRACY OH NOES!

Last edited:

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
What the... is that? Oak in water? Hehe, that's curious. Anyway, I already wrote to Coolboyman. If he doesn't reply (I hope he does), I'll post the mistakes here. I'll just need to get some pics. (However, I would really like him to see them first.)

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Man, it sure is boring around here.. 9 people finished the Pok'dex, and we have to wait for number 10, but I think it will be weeks for a tenth to show up..:(

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
I WOULD have finished it by now, but my game doesn't seem to work in TGB dual unless I restart! I've tried crossing over with ingame saves, and it didn't work!

I'll try again, though. It should be fun... not.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
nobody gives a damn if you say the glitches or not, quit making a big deal over it. Lots of people post glitches all the time, stop acting like you're important and either post it or not. CBM doesn't get hurt feelings when people post glitches my god.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
nobody gives a damn if you say the glitches or not, quit making a big deal over it. Lots of people post glitches all the time, stop acting like you're important and either post it or not. CBM doesn't get hurt feelings when people post glitches my god.
God bless you for saying that.

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
hey guys im trying to get the pokemon brown hack to work but im having some errors i was going to pm cbm but his mailbox is full i hope some of you can help me out this is what i was going to send to him.

hey bud i downloaded brown version 4.2 i hope thats the latest one and then i downloaded pokemon fire red like in the read me file. i went to the link http://www.zophar.net/utilities/download/lips100.zip but it took me to a downloads page not the exact file. searched through modification and found patching tools but there is no lips100 there was a lunar ips and i tried that but as soon as i began to load my rom it crashed, i also tried ips-win and had the same error, and also some other ips converter and once again the same error, i am currently using the no$gba is that in compatible with your hack or is there another way to get lips100. please help i really want to try out your rom

Thank you

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
your problem is that, this hack is a hack of pokemon red for the original game boy, not the remake for the game boy advance pokemon fire red. You have to get the Pokemon Red (U) and then patch it like the other one.

pd: check for the extensions of the roms, ".gb" are for original gameboy and ."gba" are for the gameboy advance. if you still have problems feel free to ask me by pm.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
hi, how are you, hope you good...

well i hav a question, someone knows how to put color on the rom?
im using vba, and i saw on the pics that the game has color, but in the vba all game boy games are in white and black, can someone help me plis?

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
hi, how are you, hope you good...

well i hav a question, someone knows how to put color on the rom?
im using vba, and i saw on the pics that the game has color, but in the vba all game boy games are in white and black, can someone help me plis?

well, the game has color but no like a game boy color, you have tu put your emulator options in SGB to give the rom a mono color. The full color was dropped as MMM quit the hack.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Go ahead and disregard any of my questions. I thought the game was fun, although tough at times.

Last edited:

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Oh boy, should I be the 10th person to finish the dex. I rather play this from scratch catching Pokemons without cheating. My 2 saves already cheated at least.

In fact, I need to come up with my next Pokemon Brown episode after I obtain Surf and Fly. Where should I go next?

I have a list of areas I need to do.
- Visit Eagalou City
- Head for the 7th Badge
- Give the Red Orb to the Orb Girl
- Fly to Seashore City
- Visit the Power Plant (Catching Electric Legendaries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back