• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Thanks to everyone!
Don't be worried about the project. It is too much important and funny to stop developing it.
Quite a small update, more precisely a screen for the animated intro i'm attempting to make for Garnet:

wrkhza.jpg
(real-sized)

2n8txyg.jpg
(half-sized)

As you can see water was modified one more time than the last update. We had some troubles with animated autotiles, so we're trying something else: the water is on the first layer, then we'll made some waves with events/ charactersets.

Enjoy!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
This looks amazing. The tiles - a masterpiece! I have no idea how you did this, but it just looks too good. In fact its so good that it jumps out, slaps me and says: "I'm Awsome". Great work

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
Haha, I've faved almost all of your maps on dA. I love your work and can't wait to see more!!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Those tiles are beautiful, and so is the mapping. Keep up the awesome work!This is my favourite game here, well, of course behind the Calis Projects games :P Keep up the great work!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Impressed! Amazing!
You have beautiful work up there! Really nice. I like how the water looks. Impressive!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The Pokémon overworlds and the tiles of the sea really make that screenshot. Mapping wise, it seems a bit clustered compare to an official map, but that aint a bad thing. Your map is laid out very well.

Good job.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Gym Leaders!

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments (especially the ones for mapping :°D)
We discussed a lot about life-forms in maps (the starfishes). We are still indecise about them. I'll tell you our decision as soon as possible ^^"

We have a little (big) new here: let's start talking about Gym Leaders, thanks to Kuroda-Taiki, who made the sprite.

Colette___Hydrargirium_by_Kuroda_Taiki.png
VS__Colette_by_Kuroda_Taiki.png

(made by Kuroda-Taiki)
Gym leader #1 - Colette
From the gym of Glowhill city.
Etymology: From Coleoptera ([koh-lee-op-ter-uh]), the taxonomical order for beetles.
Bio: Colette is a young entomologist who loves going around to hunt bug type pokèmons. She always wears a ladybird-like mantle and a hair slide. Because of her love for bugs, her gym is open-air, located on a hill by the north-eastern part of the city.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Nice, Colette has a really nice and clean design. This game is going out really well, and I'm really looking forward to it ^^.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Well, I don't think I've posted here yet, but this latest sprite has made me unable to contain my excitement any further. This is an EXTREMELY refreshing game. New, extremely well done Fakemon (from what I've seen anyway), great trainer sprites, and great tiles. Wow. I give you your first rating, and it is 5 stars! ^_^

Lucerine

Nobody
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
THIS. IS. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like your HGSS Map style, and cool Gym leader!!!!!!!
Also, what are the character names(just curious), and why did you pick those Starters(don't worry, I won't steal 'um. Have my own)?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I don't usually post if i haven't got an update, but this time is quite different...
I have to thank you for all the support and the enthusiastics comments and rating. Now i have really to improve myself to keep those five stars. Yeah.
Thanks to everyone!

@bout Names and starters:
The italian names for the main characters are Aurelio (him) and Aurora (her), referred to "Dawn". We're looking for english names. We don't know a lot of them, as we are italians. So, don't hesitate to suggest some!
@bout the starters: I didn't understand exactly what you meant... i chose them because i liked them, and they were original ^^"

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2009
Wow, I'm completely new new to this whole game developer thing, but i've looked through a couple of threads and this one stuck out the most to me!! the sprites you have are AWESOME. i really like the boy character. and the Italian names, Aurelio and Aurora, would be fine for English too. Great work, I can't wait to see more!

Oh look, my first post on here haha. But, I had to post on this thread, I think this new development is amazing. Every little detail put into this is just incredible and I can't wait until it's near completion.

I really like the boy and girl characters. They are both parallel to what my generation appears like and such. I'm just not so sure about the names. I know everyone likes them.. then again the original games had the character names as colors.. but I think they are too inspired. Maybe I'm just too down to earth haha, I would have gone with a more general approach. The girl looks like a Bonnie to me xD. I'm not so sure about guy's names though but I think he would be a good Tate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back