The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 25th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Lucerine
Nobody

Welcome. My name is Lucerine(because one of my fakemon is named this), and I want to give you a rough draft of my game.

The region is called Tohoku, based of a japanese county, and its mountanious, heavily forested, and is 3 seperate continents.

All I have is the starters, beginning towns, name of the characters, and the Evil team.(names, not pictures sadly), so here they are.
The Starters:
LEAFERYX, The Grass-Type Starter, is the Archaeopteryx Pokemon
SMOKUB, The Fire-Type Starter, is the Lion Cub Pokemon
SURFIN, The Water-Type Starter, is the Fin Pokemon(its a sword/sailfish-like Pokemon)

The Towns:
Primrose Town
Twistroot Town
Evergreen City
Hollowlog City - location of first Gym

The Evil team's name is Team Chaos, an organization bent on wreaking havoc on the Tohoku Region. The characters names are Kyle and Emma. The Main rivals are Vincent and Ashley.

The basic plot of the game is that you are the son/daughter of Prof. Maple, your mother. The day is your birthday, and your mother takes you to her lab and tells you to choose a Pokemon. Then she battles you with a Lv. 2 ????(not telling you).

I know, I know, this seems like nothing and a wall of text. But hey, I'm new to this thing. E-mail me or post here. My e-mail(this isn't my official one, by the way) is [email protected]. Anyway, laters.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S/L/S stands for Solar, Lunar, and Stellar!
Also, I'm in need of A LOT OF PEOPLE, basically people who make Fakemon names. I can make Fakemon names myself, but I'm aiming at over 200, so........

Anyway, POST!

Also, if you STEAL MY FAKEMON OR ANYTHING ELSE, I'll give the worst possible thing......A LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The reason I say this is because none of my Fakemon have stolen, including my Starters. As well as my map. The rest I'm not so sure of, because Team Chaos is a common name, and the characters names I'm also not sure of. I'm watching Pokemon Advanced Battle, so goodbye.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lucerine; October 25th, 2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 25th, 2009, 08:06 AM
POKEMONMASTER260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucerine View Post
Welcome. My name is Lucerine(because one of my fakemon is named this), and I want to give you a rough draft of my game.

The region is called Tohoku, based of a japanese county, and its mountanious, heavily forested, and is 3 seperate continents.

All I have is the starters, beginning towns, name of the characters, and the Evil team.(names, not pictures sadly), so here they are.
The Starters:
LEAFERYX, The Grass-Type Starter, is the Archaeopteryx Pokemon
SMOKUB, The Fire-Type Starter, is the Lion Cub Pokemon
SURFIN, The Water-Type Starter, is the Fin Pokemon(its a sword/sailfish-like Pokemon)

The Towns:
Primrose Town
Twistroot Town
Evergreen City
Hollowlog City - location of first Gym

The Evil team's name is Team Chaos, an organization bent on wreaking havoc on the Tohoku Region. The characters names are Kyle and Emma. The Main rivals are Vincent and Ashley.

The basic plot of the game is that you are the son/daughter of Prof. Maple, your mother. The day is your birthday, and your mother takes you to her lab and tells you to choose a Pokemon. Then she battles you with a Lv. 2 ????(not telling you).

I know, I know, this seems like nothing and a wall of text. But hey, I'm new to this thing. E-mail me or post here. My e-mail(this isn't my official one, by the way) is [email protected]. Anyway, laters.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S/L/S stands for Solar, Lunar, and Stellar!
Also, I'm in need of A LOT OF PEOPLE, basically people who make Fakemon names. I can make Fakemon names myself, but I'm aiming at over 200, so........

Anyway, POST!

Also, if you STEAL MY FAKEMON OR ANYTHING ELSE, I'll give the worst possible thing......A LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The reason I say this is because none of my Fakemon have stolen, including my Starters. As well as my map. The rest I'm not so sure of, because Team Chaos is a common name, and the characters names I'm also not sure of. I'm watching Pokemon Advanced Battle, so goodbye.
I don't think fakemon can be sued for.
I don't use, "uber," Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
You said it youself; it's a wall of text. No organization whatsoever, no evidence to show any work is actually done (A.I. Screenies, movies, etc.) and bascially a team recruitment thread.
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Lucerine
Nobody

I HAVE NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!(throws scraps of paper) I WILL TRY TO MAKE SPRITES, BUT IT WON'T EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

*Eye roll* No need for all caps. Just edit the first post and oragnize it. Make it a little bit more appealing. Plus, names isn't evidence of work. I could easily pull 346 names for fakemon out of my head and that wouldn't count for crap unless I have the sprites or artwork to back it up. You don't need to rush some sprites, but drawing would work too.
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Lucerine
Nobody

Okay, listen, I CAME UP WITH THESE NAMES FOR MONTHS, MONTHS! I'll try to make sprite of Leaferyx, cause I have a basic idea of it. The whole reason I did this is to get all of the F**KING FAKEMON OUT OF MY HEAD, AND OF A COMPUTER OF PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do YOU know how hard is it to make an ORIGINAL town or Fakemon, not copied off of? IT'S INSANELY HARD! ARECEUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

And are you aware that your drving yourself into a suspension for flaming? I'm giving my C+C and personal opinion, whether you choose to follow it is your decision and noone else's. And yes I do know how hard it is, and personally, it isn't soooo hard that I have flame about it. I have my own game in the making thank you very much, and I have my own Fakemon and town ideas as well. From now on, take other's critisism in stride or don't bother posting.
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Lucerine
Nobody

THE REASON I'M MAD IS BECAUSE I SUCK AT SPRITING, AND I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A SCANNER RIGHT NOW. I CAN DRAW, BUT UNLESS YOU COME OVER AT MY HOUSE AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF, THEN IT'S USELESS. HOWEVER, THERE IS TIME AND PRACTICE.................... CRITICIZE ALL YOU WANT, READ ONE OF MY SIGS.
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Anger is no reason for discourtesy. And I also have no spriting ability what-so-ever. I also lack the neseccary equipment to upload drawings of my own Fakemon, but you don't see me expressing anger and frustration over it.
Old October 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
THE REASON I'M MAD IS BECAUSE I SUCK AT SPRITING, AND I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A SCANNER RIGHT NOW. I CAN DRAW, BUT UNLESS YOU COME OVER AT MY HOUSE AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF, THEN IT'S USELESS. HOWEVER, THERE IS TIME AND PRACTICE.................... CRITICIZE ALL YOU WANT, READ ONE OF MY SIGS.
You don't need a scanner to upload drawings from paper. You can use a camera and upload it from linking it to the computer.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old October 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
.Missingno
Viridian City Gym Leader

Nature: Relaxed
Just Calm Down It Seems Interesting We are just asking for alittle Proof of Work so far

This is my Volt White 2 Team Ill Update after each Badge!
Old October 25th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Death Strike
a.k.a Minions123

Nature: Docile
Yes, maybe a map, you could use Houndoomed's D/P Map Tutorial in the Tutorials section to make one.
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Lucerine
Nobody

Yeah, I'll try to make a HG SS kind of map. Sorry for um, VENTING out. Had a really a bad Saturday. Anyway, does anyone want to help me or at least give me an idea or tip or whatever??
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Yeah, I'll try to make a HG SS kind of map. Sorry for um, VENTING out. Had a really a bad Saturday. Anyway, does anyone want to help me or at least give me an idea or tip or whatever??
Here's a tip: Learn by doing.

Its what I did. You can get many things that you could need help with here, but actually trying different things and finding out what they do makes everything so much easier. Learning by doing is almost always the best way to learn, no matter what the situation. Experiment, ask questions when you honestly can think of anything else you can try, learn, and in time you'll become competent in many aspects.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links