The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2009 (08:07 PM). Edited November 1st, 2009 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Well I'm sure you're probably thinking the title sounds pretty stupid.

Anyways, this is a series of three hacks. Well, technically it's four hacks, but I'm not going to release one of them since I'm only making these for my own enjoyment. I want to fully bring out the story of the Pokemon games, and erase all continuity errors in the games. Basically, I'm going to create an "updated" version of Pokemon FireRed, Emerald, and HeartGold (and Platinum but I'm going to change so little in it that I'm not going to bother releasing it). Now I know many of you guys are thinking that doing this will be way too easy (it kinda is), but I'm not doing this to show off my "skills" (which I have none), I'm doing this for my own enjoyment. Because I realized that some of the Pokemon games are way too easy, so I'm "fixing" them, and once I get an AceKard for my Nintendo DS (and also a GBA flashcart), I can play these for my own enjoyment. So really, don't complain, since I'm only posting this to see what other people think.

Anyways, here's the hacks:
FireRed:
Spoiler:

Pokemon FireRed
Hack of FireRed

So the FireRed hack has updated graphics so that the Kanto that appears resembles the HG/SS Kanto MUCH better. Also the Gym Leaders have updated rosters, Rocket Admins Athena and Apollo appear, and the Pokedex has been updated to include all evolutions/pre-evolutions of the Kanto Pokemon (for instance, Kingdra is now considered a Kanto Pokemon). Also generally every trainer has been updated to allow for a more smoother level curve.

Screenshots:
Route 1
Viridian City
Pewter City (1)
Pewter City (2)
Vermilion City
Route 5
Route 14
Rocket Admin Athena would like to battle

Changed maps so far:
Route 1
Route 2
Route 5
Route 14
Viridian City
Pewter City
Vermilion City

Beta 0.1 (at bottom of post) - All of the changes I mentioned are in this. The only thing that isn't complete yet is the mapping, but other than that you can play all the way up to the Elite Four and even the Sevii Islands. Also Gengar has a new sprite just because I felt like making one .

Gym Leader/Elite Four/Team Rocket Teams (Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!]
Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

Brock:
Lv13 Geodude
Lv13 Rhyhorn
Lv15 Onix

Misty:
Lv21 Gyarados
Lv21 Vaporeon
Lv23 Starmie

Lt. Surge:
Lv26 Voltorb
Lv26 Jolteon
Lv28 Raichu

Erika:
Lv36 Victreebel
Lv33 Exeggutor
Lv36 Vileplume

Koga:
Lv41 Muk
Lv42 Venomoth
Lv42 Tentacruel
Lv44 Weezing

Sabrina:
Lv45 Espeon
Lv46 Mr. Mime
Lv46 Slowbro
Lv48 Alakazam

Blaine:
Lv48 Ninetales
Lv49 Rapidash
Lv50 Flareon
Lv51 Arcanine

Giovanni:
Lv51 Marowak
Lv52 Golem
Lv53 Nidoking
Lv53 Nidoqueen
Lv55 Rhydon

Elite Four:
Spoiler:

Lorelei:
Lv53 Dewgong
Lv54 Cloyster
Lv54 Slowbro
Lv55 Jynx
Lv56 Lapras

Bruno:
Lv57 Steelix
Lv56 Hitmonchan
Lv56 Hitmontop
Lv56 Hitmonlee
Lv58 Machamp

Agatha:
Lv57 Muk
Lv58 Crobat
Lv58 Vileplume
Lv59 Arbok
Lv60 Gengar

Lance:
Lv59 Gyarados
Lv60 Dragonair
Lv60 Dragonair
Lv61 Aerodactyl
Lv62 Dragonite

Your Rival:
Lv60 Fearow
Lv61 Machamp
Lv62 Rhydon
Lv63 Arcanine/Gyarados/Exeggutor
Lv63 Exeggutor/Arcanine/Gyarados
Lv65 Blastoise/Venusaur/Charizard

Team Rocket:
Spoiler:

Rocket Admin Athena (Mt. Moon)
Lv17 Gastly
Lv17 Machop
Lv18 Oddish

Rocket Admin Athena (Celadon City)
Lv32 Haunter
Lv32 Machoke
Lv34 Gloom

Rocket Admin Athena (Saffron City)
Lv43 Gengar
Lv43 Machamp
Lv45 Vileplume

Rocket Admin Athena (Five Island)
Lv63 Gengar
Lv64 Machamp
Lv64 Arbok
Lv66 Vileplume

Rocket Admin Apollo (Mt. Moon)
Lv18 Abra
Lv18 Poliwag
Lv19 Zubat

Rocket Admin Apollo (Celadon City)
Lv34 Kadabra
Lv34 Poliwhirl
Lv36 Golbat

Rocket Admin Apollo (Saffron City)
Lv44 Alakazam
Lv44 Poliwrath
Lv46 Crobat

Rocket Admin Apollo (Five Island)
Lv66 Alakazam
Lv67 Poliwrath
Lv68 Crobat
Lv68 Houndoom

Giovanni (Celadon City)
Lv34 Rhyhorn
Lv35 Graveler
Lv36 Marowak

Giovanni (Saffron City)
Lv46 Rhyhorn
Lv45 Golem
Lv45 Marowak
Lv47 Nidoqueen

Emerald:
Spoiler:

So Hoenn is a tropical region, right? So why not make it look more tropical? YES!!! Hoenn now resembles Platinum's tropical Battle Zone.

Screenshots:
Littleroot Town
Route 101

Also all the Gym Leaders have updated teams, and so do Maxie and Archie. The level curve has also been slightly raised. I'll post a beta once I'm done editing all the trainers.

HeartGold:
Spoiler:

Obviously I'm not going to even start working on this until Spring 2010, when it gets released in the US. I'll update the Gym Leader/Elite Four teams, also Team Rocket teams and such.

HOWEVER, I have included a Crystal hack with updated Gyms + Elite Four + Team Rocket to give you a small preview of what the HG/SS hack will be!

I'll post updated team plans later.

Platinum:
Spoiler:
Yes, I am planning a Platinum hack... but Platinum is a near-perfect game, the only thing I'll change is a few teams, so I might not even post it.

Remember, the Crystal hack is a "preview" of what my HeartGold hack is going to be.
Attached Files
File Type: ips Crystal Hack.ips‎ (6.9 KB, 41 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: ips FR Edit.ips‎ (178.7 KB, 53 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: ips EmeraldEdit.ips‎ (29.6 KB, 38 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 20th, 2009 (08:10 AM).
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Nature: Relaxed
Well, this is a nice idea for a short term project. The good thing is that it has downloads. The bad thing is that that it is just a better FireRed.

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Old October 20th, 2009 (08:15 AM).
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
An idea: You could also replace all Pokemon sprites with the ones Wichu posted. That'd be great!
Old October 20th, 2009 (01:31 PM). Edited October 20th, 2009 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Wolf View Post
Well, this is a nice idea for a short term project. The good thing is that it has downloads. The bad thing is that that it is just a better FireRed.
What do you expect, a new region with lame fakemon :/ ? I know this isn't anything big, and it's not supposed to be. I'm just correcting the Pokemon games the way I think they should have been. For FireRed, I'm trying to make it so that Kanto is more consistent with the HG/SS Kanto. For Emerald, I'm trying to make it so that Hoenn actually looks like a tropical region. For HeartGold/Crystal, I'm trying to make it so that Johto Pokemon are actually common and that the levels aren't so low. It's just to make the games more consistent with one another. Why should R/S/E get Kanto Pokemon and their Gen II evolutions while FR/LG doesn't? If R/S/E and FR/LG take place at the same time, they should have made more of an effort to make it look like that. One of the things I've modified in FireRed is the PokeDex, and if you notice all Gen II pre-evolutions and evolutions have been added. On my planned HG hack, the Johto Dex will have a lot less Kanto Pokemon, and it will mainly be Johto-only Pokemon and their Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh evolutions (for instance, if Kingdra is in, so is Horsea and Seadra, if Wobbuffet is in, so is Wynaut, if Murkrow is in, so is Honchkrow), and then it will have a few Kanto species that are in every region (like Abra and Magikarp).

Quote:
An idea: You could also replace all Pokemon sprites with the ones Wichu posted. That'd be great!
I'll take a look at them and see...

EDIT: Um... all the sprites I saw were just either fakemon or animated D/P sprites.
Old October 20th, 2009 (03:09 PM).
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire View Post
I'll take a look at them and see...

EDIT: Um... all the sprites I saw were just either fakemon or animated D/P sprites.
No see, he posted the full list of DP Pokemon. The Platinum sprites. That includes the Kanto Pokemon. I agree with Colorful Summer, it would make a great addition!
Old October 20th, 2009 (03:22 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro] View Post
No see, he posted the full list of DP Pokemon. The Platinum sprites. That includes the Kanto Pokemon. I agree with Colorful Summer, it would make a great addition!
You mean make the Gen III games use Platinum sprites? Sorry, but that's not going to happen. Even though it would make a great addition, I want each game to have it's own set of sprites. If every game looked like Platinum's, then that would be boring. Every sprite I replace will be custom made by me (unless if I see a cool-looking sprite, then I'll ask the creator). I changed Gengar's sprite in FireRed because I didn't like the FR/LG sprite. Each game should have it's own set of sprites, not all of them being the same.

Though for FireRed, I will definitely change all the sprites of all the new Pokemon in the Kanto Dex (such as Crobat, Magby, Kingdra).
Old October 20th, 2009 (03:43 PM).
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
You mean make the Gen III games use Platinum sprites? Sorry, but that's not going to happen. Even though it would make a great addition, I want each game to have it's own set of sprites. If every game looked like Platinum's, then that would be boring. Every sprite I replace will be custom made by me (unless if I see a cool-looking sprite, then I'll ask the creator). I changed Gengar's sprite in FireRed because I didn't like the FR/LG sprite. Each game should have it's own set of sprites, not all of them being the same.

Though for FireRed, I will definitely change all the sprites of all the new Pokemon in the Kanto Dex (such as Crobat, Magby, Kingdra).
Alright, I understand where you're coming from. Anyways, you could use his resource to replace some of the sprites that don't look good. Good luck on this.
Old October 22nd, 2009 (06:34 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro] View Post
Alright, I understand where you're coming from. Anyways, you could use his resource to replace some of the sprites that don't look good. Good luck on this.
Don't worry, I will be changing more sprites than just Gengar. There were certain Kanto Pokemon that didn't get new sprites in FR/LG depsite being in the Kanto Dex, such as Pikachu, Goldeen, Vaporeon, etc. Those Pokemon will be getting new sprites. I changed Gengar's sprite just for the heck of it. I'm going to also change the sprites of Kanto related Pokemon, like Crobat and Magby.

Anyways, here's the new Route 3 that I finished today:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9867/route3r.png

I know it doesn't look exactly like how it does in HG/SS, but I have to make it look like it was 3 years before but at the same time changing the layout to the HG/SS Kanto.
Old October 28th, 2009 (03:01 PM). Edited October 28th, 2009 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Sorry for triple posting, but even if these hacks don't get much attention, I'm still going to post about what I've modified so far . If it isn't obvious, my main priority at the moment is the FireRed hack, since it's the hack that needs the most editing. Anyways, here are new maps that I've completed:
Cerulean City
Lavender Town
Vermilion City (revised)
Route 3 (revised)
Route 4
Route 5
Route 6
Route 9
Route 10

Yes, all of western Kanto and most of northern Kanto is complete. Also I've made these changes in-game:
*The Day-Care center on Route 5 can now hold 2 Pokemon, and you can breed there
*The Day-Care center on Four Island has been removed due to the new addition to Route 5
*The music that plays when you reach the S. S. Anne has been changed to the music that plays in the Slateport Museum in R/S/E. I changed it because the R/S/E version is much better, and it's in the same key as the Vermilion City music. I actually had to hex-edit the track information when I was importing because FR/LG uses different instruments than R/S/E.
*The Sevii Islands will not use the new Kanto trees, they will look exactly the same as they did in FR/LG to differentiate it from Kanto. Though I'm considering adding snow to Four Island because it might look cool...

Planned changes:
*As I mentioned above, adding a winter theme to Four Island
*The ability to re-battle Gym Leaders. I'll convert the lone house on Seven Island into a place where you could rebattle Gym Leaders with stronger teams. Giovanni will not be able to be re-battled on Seven Island for obvious reasons.
*A second rival. This will be equal to the role of Dawn/Lucas in D/P/Pt. This "new" rival isn't really new, because if you choose the male player, the second rival will be the female player and vice versa. He/She will take the last starter Pokemon (for instance, if you chose Charmander, than your rival will choose Squirtle, and your second rival will choose Bulbasaur). Don't worry, there's PLENTY of un-used Trainer Data that I could fill up for this.
*I might add a few trainers here and there just for the heck of it
Old October 28th, 2009 (03:30 PM).
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
Well, this looks interesting =) I look forward to seeing the progress on these hacks. Two questions though:

-Are any aspects of the plots going to be changed or improved on?

-What role will the Second Rival play? Will they be like Dawn/Lucas from D/P/Pt? Or, will they play a bigger role?
Old October 28th, 2009 (04:03 PM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Ah... I really like this idea. I know this is pointless to say, but it'd be cool if it actually followed the Manga (PokeSpecial, coz it's brilliant). But I get what you're actually doing, and that's cool too.
Old October 28th, 2009 (04:44 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notch-Eared Pichu View Post
Well, this looks interesting =) I look forward to seeing the progress on these hacks. Two questions though:

-Are any aspects of the plots going to be changed or improved on?

-What role will the Second Rival play? Will they be like Dawn/Lucas from D/P/Pt? Or, will they play a bigger role?
1. The plot will remain the same, though I will be making a few dialogue changes to make more sense. Besides, I'm going to have to do it anyway, since Rocket Admins Athena and Apollo are in this game, and they can't have the same stupid dialogue as the grunts otherwise they'd sound stupid! And Giovanni has to acknowledge the fact that he actually has Admins. Also I might make your rival sound less of a jerk...

2. They will play a slightly bigger role. You get to battle him/her a few times, and he/she will be able to be re-battled on Seven Island due to Giovanni's absence. Like your rival, your second rival will have a team that changes depending on his/her starter. I'm planning on making the player battle him/her first at Cerulean Cape, having Pokemon at Lv17-21. Next would be as soon as you enter Celadon City, having Pokemon at Lv27-32. The next battle would be at the Cinnabar Mansion, having Pokemon at Lv43-48. The final battle would be at Seven Island, replacing Giovanni because the plot makes him un-able to appear.
Quote:
Ah... I really like this idea. I know this is pointless to say, but it'd be cool if it actually followed the Manga (PokeSpecial, coz it's brilliant). But I get what you're actually doing, and that's cool too.
I don't really know the story of the PokeSpecial Manga...but I'll say this:
There will only be 3 main characters (the FR/LG boy, the FR/LG girl, and the FR/LG rival). Team Rocket will have absolutely nothing to do with the legendaries.

Also here's a change that I might make that not everybody would be happy with: replace the majority of the Johto Pokemon in the Sevii Islands with Hoenn Pokemon. Why might I do this? Because since Gen IV takes place 3 years after Gen III, I think it would be logical to make Johto Pokemon seem "new" in the Gen IV games. If they're shoved into FR/LG, then they will be kinda boring in HG/SS... but don't worry, if I decide to do that, I'll keep a few Johto Pokemon that are necessary, such as Houndoom and Tyranitar (Houndoom is needed because it joins Apollo's team when you face him on Five Island, and Tyranitar is needed because your rival gains one when you face the Elite Four a second time). Alternatively I might just add Hoenn Pokemon alongside Johto Pokemon in the Sevii Islands (I've already updated all the trainers in the entire game, and the Sevii Trainers so far use a mix of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Pokemon).

By the way, has anyone tried the hacks yet? I would like to know how well the new level curve works out in FireRed, and I would also like to know if the Gym Leaders new teams are too hard/easy, and if the Team Rocket admins are too hard/easy.
Old October 28th, 2009 (06:06 PM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
I don't really know the story of the PokeSpecial Manga...but I'll say this:
There will only be 3 main characters (the FR/LG boy, the FR/LG girl, and the FR/LG rival). Team Rocket will have absolutely nothing to do with the legendaries.
Lol, I don't know too much either, but what I do know seems good, anyways.
I haven't gotten to play them yet, no- but it's 5 to 2 in the morning now, and I'm not even on my computer (mobile internet ftw). I'll try them tomorrow, I promise :D.
And by having both the FrLg Protagonists along with the Rival, that is actually a bit like the manga, by coincidence. But anyways...
Great idea. Love the new maps, of everything. Hoenn is looking quite smexy, btw.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old November 1st, 2009 (05:41 PM). Edited November 1st, 2009 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Guess what: UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

I've finally posted the Emerald hack. It's about 87% complete, you can play through the entire game, but I haven't updated any of the trainer teams except for Aqua Admins Shelly & Matt, Aqua Leader Archie, Magma Admin Tabitha, and Magma Leader Maxie, and I'm not fully done with them either. You can play through the entire Hoenn region in it's new volcanic glory! Here's a small preview of what you can expect to see: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6262/route101.png

Also this small FireRed update has more Kanto maps finished, and the first 3 Sevii Islands corrected. Also the music in the S.S. Anne has been replaced with the music that plays in the Slateport Museum in the Hoenn games, because it's a much better arrangement of the song. Took me about 3 hours to hex edit the tracks correctly...
Attached Files
File Type: ips EmeraldEdit.ips‎ (29.6 KB, 12 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: ips FR Edit.ips‎ (178.7 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old November 1st, 2009 (08:55 PM).
hackerriapsed
Beginning Trainer

i download fire red.................,

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links