• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon ??? (A Pokemon RPG)

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2010
Hello All, I have been a member of these forums for quite a while, but I haven't been active for a few months now. This is because I have been moving house =). You may know me from the GBA Pokémon Gaming section of the Forums. Anyway I am back now and I have been seriously thinking about this idea for a couple of weeks now. I have a few scribbles down and wanted to make it official.

So the Game (of which I do not have a name yet) is not going to be your average Pokémon game. It is going to take the normal, collect the badges, become number one approach to the game and add in a bit of RPG. By this I mean. I will be adding ALOT more elements to the game, such as level-able skills, that use Pokémon to help. Anyway here is what I have so far:

Pokémon ??? (Pokémon RPG)

City Names
-Cherry-Grove Town (Starting Town)
-West Ridge Town
-Sheerstone City (First Gym Battle)
-
-
-
-
That's all I have for now suggestions welcome.

NPC Name's
As I say this is just an idea, so I have no names yet and Do not have alot of info on the story. Suggestions would be warmly welcomed =].

Features
- A lot of level-able skills to add RPG elements to the game.
-Fakemon, not 100% sure if I will be using fakemon, only if I can get a spriter on board.
-New Region, not yet named.
-A lot of Mini games. I have some ideas. They will be related to the game and the skills.
-Level Cap, I would like to change this from the standard level cap of 100, I would like to make it unlimited. It would obviously be a lot harder to level when past 100. However with not an awful alot of scripting knowledge I am not sure if I will be able to do this. Again it depends if I can get a scripter on board.

So that's about it for now, Oh I will be using RPG Maker XP to make this game with the aid of Poke Essentials. I will be dedicated to making this game I can assure you. Suggestions, Criticism, and Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
-

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Nice to see another new game.
You have a good basic plan with the features.
For help on the max level cap you can change it by going to the script section named PBExperience and go to line 67 where it says MAXLEVEL=100 hope that helps you a little.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Two things:

There's already a town called Cherrygrove in Johto. ;3

For NPC names, or any character names really, I usually use www.babynames.com. You can search by meaning, nationality, and gender, so it makes it easier than coming up with them from scratch.

Other than that, can't help you much. Busy at work on my own game. ;P But good luck. Also, I'd recommend at least learning how to map or do some simple scripting. Even if it's nothing amazing, you'll get more done-- and people will be more willing to help you-- if you contribute directly to the project. :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2010
Thanks for the feedback, I will definately be using the baby names site =]. Secondly I am a good mapper, I have been using RMXP for a while with non-Pokemon games, and I have also played every single region of Pokemon with 100% Completion so I have a good idea on mapping, besides I have already started on some maps. I will need to work on my scripting I know some basics, Just some concepts of my game will be far out my league. Thanks again for the feedback!

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2010
Thanks alot, I will be working on Pokemon RPG, tomorrow most of the day, should be fun =]

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2010
Ok, I know I am probably going to sound like a complete fool, but I am using Pokemon Essentials which is fantastic, but I really don't like the Overwild tileset, How can I get a different one?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2010
Yeah I understand that, But I need to know one that I can use. Have any idea?

Back