The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #12201    
Old November 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Gold Tom's Avatar
Gold Tom
Krazier Than You
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: A Trailer Full of Oz
Gender:
Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I was just wondering if there was a tool available for replacing the sprites of the Pokemon and Trainers in Gold. The in-battle sprites, not the overheads.
__________________






  #12202    
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM
giradialkia's Avatar
giradialkia
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Tom View Post
I was just wondering if there was a tool available for replacing the sprites of the Pokemon and Trainers in Gold. The in-battle sprites, not the overheads.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe AGIXP does that? It's like the unLZ.gba for GBC Roms. At least thats as far as I'm aware.
Question of my own- how the heck do you edit the grass animation? I don't even need to edit the tile, just the palette for the animation. It looks awful the was it is, so does anyone know how to do it?
__________________

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!



This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
  #12203    
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Gold Tom's Avatar
Gold Tom
Krazier Than You
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: A Trailer Full of Oz
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Thanks, I just grabbed AGIXP and it works a charm.
__________________






  #12204    
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
Is there some way to shake the screen on firered ?
setvar 0x8004 0xF
setvar 0x8005 0xF
setvar 0x8006 0xF
setvar 0x8007 0xF
special 0x136
It's earthquake that narutoactor meant.

credit goes to diegoisawesome and Pokepal (I found it on diego's scripting tut)
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #12205    
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Gold Tom's Avatar
Gold Tom
Krazier Than You
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: A Trailer Full of Oz
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Is there a program or patch available to decompress the Ho-Oh graphic from the Gold intro? I just want to be able to edit it with TLP or AGIXP.
__________________






  #12206    
Old November 8th, 2009, 07:29 AM
徐死
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Does anyone know where the IV's of your Pokemon are located in the game? And if there is a way to display them?
  #12207    
Old November 8th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徐死 View Post
Does anyone know where the IV's of your Pokemon are located in the game? And if there is a way to display them?
There's an ASM tutorial by Mastermind_X on how to display IV.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12208    
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
GoldGizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Is there any way to make custom pokemon attacks?
  #12209    
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGizz View Post
Is there any way to make custom pokemon attacks?
Actually, there is a patch that has a new attack; Chemical Test (which can of course be changed)
It's in the old ROM Hacking Respuces thread.
__________________
  #12210    
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
GoldGizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
Actually, there is a patch that has a new attack; Chemical Test (which can of course be changed)
It's in the old ROM Hacking Respuces thread.
Do you know how to change it?
  #12211    
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM
徐死
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
There's an ASM tutorial by Mastermind_X on how to display IV.
Could you please send me the link? I can't seem to find it... I know there's one on how to edit wild Pokemon IV's, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. More like how to display in the actual game a Pokemon in your party's IVs?
  #12212    
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Lover's Kite's Avatar
Lover's Kite
the age of empathy
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas / California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Lover's Kite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGizz View Post
Do you know how to change it?
Use Cy-Chan's FireRed IPS patch first which contains a repointed attack name, effect, descriptions and description pointer table, with bags of space after each one for completely new attacks.

New locations:
Code:
71FFF3 (Names)
7B0C10 (Stats)
890000 (Description Pointer Table)
982834 (Descriptions)
Patch download

OR

Use Darthatron's Attack Editor Pro, which can:
  • Change attack name
  • Change the base PP of an attack
  • Change the power of an attack
  • Change the accuracy of an attack
  • Change the targets you can use an attack on
  • Change the effects the attack can do
  • Change the type of an attack
  • Change the chance on the effect happening in an attack

You also might need to place some of this missing files into "C:\WINDOWS\system32" depending your primary operating system (XP, Vista, 7, etc).

Download Attack Editor Pro

Download missing files


____________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by 徐死 View Post
Could you please send me the link? I can't seem to find it... I know there's one on how to edit wild Pokemon IV's, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. More like how to display in the actual game a Pokemon in your party's IVs?
For EMER BPEE (US Emerald version) only!!!

If you want a certain person in your game to say something like "Oh! Your whateverpokemon has a HP IV of XX!" then you just have to call this ASM-script:
Code:
7E B5 19 48 00 88 64 21 48 43 18 4C 24 18 20 1C 
27 21 17 4B 00 F0 26 F8 1B 49 08 80 20 1C 28 21
13 4B 00 F0 1F F8 17 49 08 80 20 1C 29 21 10 4B
00 F0 18 F8 12 49 08 80 20 1C 2A 21 0C 4B 00 F0
11 F8 0E 49 08 80 20 1C 2B 21 09 4B 00 F0 0A F8
09 49 08 80 20 1C 2C 21 05 4B 00 F0 03 F8 05 49
08 80 7E BD 18 47 00 00 E0 75 03 02 EC 44 02 02
19 A5 06 08 E6 75 03 02 E4 75 03 02 E2 75 03 02
E0 75 03 02 DE 75 03 02 DC 75 03 02 00 00 00 00
Call this ASM script by command 0x23. Don´t forget to increase the target adress by one, because its a THUMB function. Use the special call 0x00A2 and a 0x27 command to fill the variable with the pokemonnr. e.g.:
Code:
25 A2 00 27
After the ASM call the environment vars (0x80..) hold the following values:
Code:
0x8007 SPVER IV
0x8006 SPATT IV
0x8005 SPEED IV
0x8004 VERT IV
0x8003 ATT IV
0x8002 HP IV
Copy them in the textbuffers by the command 0x83. The syntax is:
Code:
83 [XX] [YYYY]
XX = Number of the stringbuffer (00 to 02) YYYY = Var to fill the stringbuffer (In our case 0x8002 - 0x8007 for the IV)

The textbuffers can be used in a message:
Code:
FD 02 = Stringbuffer 1
FD 03 = Stringbuffer 2
FD 04 = Stringbuffer 3

From: Fancy Knowledge #2 - How To Read Out IV (by Mastermind_X)
  #12213    
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM
BlitŻ's Avatar
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Can somoone tell me what the maximum amount of colors their is in a battle background?
__________________
  #12214    
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
SirCopycat
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Me again Just looking through a lot of the programs i've downloaded, it looks a bit overwhelming for me, the coding and such just makes me say I don't want to do anything, lol

But I do have a couple questions for whenever I do decide to have a go at it.

Adding custom trainer Sprites, you have to use unLZ right? but then you have to find the number for what sprite you want to change, how do you find the sprite number?

Or would it be best to jsut read through the tutorial forum and read pretty much everything?

Also, was looking from YAPE, and with feebas, you ahve to get Max beauty, is it possible to change that, or add something where you have to Max another statlike Cute/cool instead, or is it just beauty you can do?

Cheers.
  #12215    
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCopycat View Post
Me again Just looking through a lot of the programs i've downloaded, it looks a bit overwhelming for me, the coding and such just makes me say I don't want to do anything, lol

But I do have a couple questions for whenever I do decide to have a go at it.

Adding custom trainer Sprites, you have to use unLZ right? but then you have to find the number for what sprite you want to change, how do you find the sprite number?

Or would it be best to jsut read through the tutorial forum and read pretty much everything?

Also, was looking from YAPE, and with feebas, you ahve to get Max beauty, is it possible to change that, or add something where you have to Max another statlike Cute/cool instead, or is it just beauty you can do?

Cheers.
Dunno about the yape thing but trainer sprites, you'll have to find by sreaching through for unLZ. I know the trainer sprites for FR start around 1500 in unLZ.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12216    
Old November 9th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Gold Tom's Avatar
Gold Tom
Krazier Than You
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: A Trailer Full of Oz
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
how the heck do you edit the grass animation? I don't even need to edit the tile, just the palette for the animation. It looks awful the was it is, so does anyone know how to do it?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=114036
__________________






  #12217    
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan King View Post
Can somoone tell me what the maximum amount of colors their is in a battle background?
16 colours (including a transparent one for the background, which is the first colour in the palette).
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12218    
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
TAKUORO's Avatar
TAKUORO
Pyro from WAH ;D
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Costa Rica
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan King View Post
Can somoone tell me what the maximum amount of colors their is in a battle background?
I think that, for now, you can only use 15 colors + transparency( this only count's for the background, since the backsprite, the textbox,etc have diferent palletes)

Here are my questions:

1-It's there any way to insert tiles with more colors?
for examnple: in a-map, in the block editor, instead of the pallete 0 has the usual 16 palletes, change them into...let's say...18

2-Is there a way to increase the size of minisprites?
( i Know there exist the overworld changer)

like, to make a 16x32 minisprite into a 17x32 minisprite
  #12219    
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKUORO View Post
I think that, for now, you can only use 15 colors + transparency( this only count's for the background, since the backsprite, the textbox,etc have diferent palletes)

Here are my questions:

1-It's there any way to insert tiles with more colors?
for examnple: in a-map, in the block editor, instead of the pallete 0 has the usual 16 palletes, change them into...let's say...18

2-Is there a way to increase the size of minisprites?
( i Know there exist the overworld changer)

like, to make a 16x32 minisprite into a 17x32 minisprite
1 - Not really.
2 - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=173028
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12220    
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:05 PM
TAKUORO's Avatar
TAKUORO
Pyro from WAH ;D
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Costa Rica
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
ok thanks, another one I forgot

is there a way to insert crys in firered?
  #12221    
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKUORO View Post
ok thanks, another one I forgot

is there a way to insert crys in firered?
Yes with Pokecry, I believe. Or you could wait for when HackMew releases A-cry.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12222    
Old November 10th, 2009, 02:11 AM
herbeon
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hi. I want to change the all the texts in Pokemon Emerald. Do you know any available tool?

I tried Advance-Text, but it seemed that it worked best on Fire Red.

Thanks in advance.
  #12223    
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Aljam's Avatar
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
try XSE. It's a good program for that kinda stuff. but you gotta learn how to script.
__________________
Paired with Druyii.
  #12224    
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljam View Post
try XSE. It's a good program for that kinda stuff. but you gotta learn how to script.
Yeah but ya cannot change intro texts with it.
And maybe even level scripts... but I'm not sure about it.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #12225    
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yeah but ya cannot change intro texts with it.
And maybe even level scripts... but I'm not sure about it.
What do you mean you can't change level scripts with XSE? O.o
Of course you can do that!
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.