• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hello! Welcome to...
fanclubthingermajig.png

Thanks to -Sonic~Boom- for the Banner
[jq]Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a mysterious alien time-traveller known as "the Doctor" who travels in his time and spaceship, the TARDIS, which normally appears from the exterior to be a blue 1950s police box. With his companions, he explores time and space whilst facing a variety of foes and righting wrongs.[/jq]

Welcome to your local fan club for the Time Lord adorers of PokéCommunity!
The club is a place where all of the fans come and discuss, speculate and debate anything regarding the show, whether it be about the characters, new events, new episodes, or anything else Who-related!

Rules
- Don't flame people.
- Have respect when discussing or debating towards other members, k?
- Use spoiler tags when mentioning... well, spoilers?
- PC Rules, obviously.

Fellow Time Lords
- Spherical Ice; The Master of the Time Lords.
- ArcanineOod; A Time Lord.
- Edam; A Time Lord.
- xXI JOE IXx; A Time Lord.
- .Wolfie-kun; A Time Lord.
- Deviation; A Time Lord.
- Jolene; A Time Lord.
- . A k u R o k u .; A Time Lord.
- AdamTheAlien; A Time Lord.
- Yuoaman; A Time Lord.
- alexf1996; A Time Lord.
I most definitely have missed at least two people - plese VM/PM if you've posted to say you want to join and I've not added you to the list.

Discussion Topics
We aren't strict about what you discuss, but it's recommended to talk about what others are talking about. To prevent confusion, just put a note at the beginning of your post mentioning what you're talking about, if it's a new topic.

The Waters Of Mars
The Master's Return
The Eleventh Doctor
The New Companion
Classic Doctor Who!
Favourite Episodes
Favourite Doctor
Favourite Alien

If you think another topic deserves to be up there, just VM/PM/E-mail me!

I think we should start with The Waters of Mars discussion. It was an excellent episode and the ending... WOO!

DISCUSS AWAY!

Last edited:

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
^ Same as that. I used to watch Tom Baker repeats all the time before the 2005 series.

May I add a new topic for the list of possible discussions?

Favourite monster/alien?

Mine's the Ood. Love them to bits, especially Ood Sigma. I love him. So. Much.
Not in any romantic way, but just... Love him. <3<3<3

My favourite Doctor is Ten, but I also love Four, and Nine's pretty cool. I feel bad saying it, but I haven't seen enough of the others to make judgements about them.

My favourite episode so far is probably the Waters of Mars. The water zombies actually made me feel sick, literally, but it was a great episode and that Time Lord victoriousness... His total character change: Awesome.

I have something that can console the Doctor about Pompeii:
I was recently at the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum, and they were beautiful. The rest of Italy had changed around them, but they still had so much history and depth. If it wasn't for Vesuvius' eruption, we'd have lost so much culture and beauty. In a way, the destruction of Pompeii was what saved it for us here in the future... ^_^
xX

Last edited:
Years
Let me freaking join! I just saw the new episode and man... it was epic

It was pretty damned epic. Can't wait for Christmas!

Count me in! Been a fan since all the way back in 2005. Even saw one or two Tom Baker repeats before that :3

I watched some of the Tome Baker ones after seeing Chris play, but they were great! Welcome aboard, you two!

^ Same as that. I used to watch Tom Baker repeats all the time before the 2005 series.

May I add a new topic for the list of possible discussions?

Favourite monster/alien?

Mine's the Ood. Love them to bits, especially Ood Sigma. I love him. So. Much.
Not in any romantic way, but just... Love him. <3<3<3

My favourite Doctor is Ten, but I also love Four, and Nine's pretty cool. I feel bad saying it, but I haven't seen enough of the others to make judgements about them.

My favourite episode so far is probably the Waters of Mars. The water zombies actually made me feel sick, literally, but it was a great episode and that Time Lord victoriousness... His total character change: Awesome.

I have something that can console the Doctor about Pompeii:
I was recently at the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum, and they were beautiful. The rest of Italy had changed around them, but they still had so much history and depth. If it wasn't for Vesuvius' eruption, we'd have lost so much culture and beauty. In a way, the destruction of Pompeii was what saved it for us here in the future... ^_^
xX

I could've sworn I'd added that topic already, but I obviously haven't.

My favourite alien is probably The Daleks, for their epic...ness.

I'm talking hardcore Daleks, btw. Not the Cult or Davros or something. Just the ordinary murderous guys. ;3

Evident by my profile, The Master is also pretty damn epic, especially when he's portrayed by good ole' Johnny.

I concur with the David stuff. From what I've seen though, I can see where my Mum's coming fro by saying that Tom Baker was awesome. He's pretty sexy too. Chris did a great job of bringing back the show and I don't know why everyone is knocking poor old Matt. I thought I was going to hate David and now... <3

That Pompeii biz is pretty interesting. I've never actually been to Italy, but that's one of the countries (along with Greece <3) that I'm dying to visit someday. (P.S. Rome is another awesomesauce place in Italy that has some sexy artefacts).

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Well, the Daleks are epic, and they certaily deserve to be regarded as some of the best aliens ever to appear, but for me there's still something absolutely... I can't find the right word... Something totally amazing about the Ood that just grabbed me when I first saw them. I just can't get enough of the Ood.

The Master is obviously epic, too. 8]
That scene that you have so lovingly written out in your signature, Spherical Ice, is one of the most amazing things EVER. 8]

I want to go to Greece and Rome, too. I'm really heavily into Classics. =3

xX

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I will definitely love this! Please sign me up? Or be EXTERMINATED!

Daleks are awesome (the Cult of Skaro even more so! Dalek's Sec, Thay, Just and Caan! Gotta love Caan, he turned kinda insane!)

The Master is... The best enemies in Doctor Who always have some sense of insanity. Especially the Master, your sig, Spherical Ice, depicts his best moment (but I love when the Toclafane killed that woman, and he kept opening the door and closing it, as well as when he gassed his politicians!)

But my favourite creatures have to be... Well, I loved the Reapers, the Family of Blood and the Cybermen. Something about them seemed... Great!

Years
I will definitely love this! Please sign me up? Or be EXTERMINATED!

Daleks are awesome (the Cult of Skaro even more so! Dalek's Sec, Thay, Just and Caan! Gotta love Caan, he turned kinda insane!)

The Master is... The best enemies in Doctor Who always have some sense of insanity. Especially the Master, your sig, Spherical Ice, depicts his best moment (but I love when the Toclafane killed that woman, and he kept opening the door and closing it, as well as when he gassed his politicians!)

But my favourite creatures have to be... Well, I loved the Reapers, the Family of Blood and the Cybermen. Something about them seemed... Great!
The Cult were cool, I agree. But the ordinary Daleks are still better. Js.

That part with the woman was hilarious, but kind of destroyed the serious-ness out of the episode. I mean, if I'd never heard of (ZOMGNO) Doctor Who and just saw that one clip, I would think it was a cheap comedy. but those episodes were still awesomesauce to-the-max.

Oh, I'll join. I love Doctor Who.

Okay!

Welcome aboard, you two!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Actually, giving that the Master was slightly insane, it is allowed. Also, I know this is fairly obvious, but the hints about the Master being in the next episode mounted even before the "Next Time" at the end. The man will knock 4 times. Sound of the Drums, du du du du, du du du du... Obvious, I know, but subtle hints like this makes a grand finale, and make us think that the Master IS the cause of the regeneration!

(Bad Wolf, Torchwood, Saxon, The DoctorDonna and the stars are dying... All hints throughout a series, that made a grand finale)

Years
Actually, giving that the Master was slightly insane, it is allowed. Also, I know this is fairly obvious, but the hints about the Master being in the next episode mounted even before the "Next Time" at the end. The man will knock 4 times. Sound of the Drums, du du du du, du du du du... Obvious, I know, but subtle hints like this makes a grand finale, and make us think that the Master IS the cause of the regeneration!

(Bad Wolf, Torchwood, Saxon, The DoctorDonna and the stars are dying... All hints throughout a series, that made a grand finale)

You know in I think it was Journey's End, might've been The Stolen Earth, when Rose was sitting at the table in Donna's house while she was talking to Harriet Jones, Jack and Martha, you could hear a car-horn in the background in the exact tone of The Master's drum sound. I can't find a 'Tube link right now, but I'll look for one tomorrow and link you then.

And the hints have always been amazing. Anyone notice the Torchwood reference in Series One when Rose was playing the Weakest Link? That made no sense to me and I didn't actually take notice of it until I rewatched the episode some time later. Cool, hey?

"but I love when the Toclafane killed that woman"
I can't remember this :[, can somebody get me a link?

Am I allowed to post this?
Anyway, welcome to the club, new members!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KLkmTbEtg

Here, xXI JOE IXx. =3

The Master is totally insane, but if I was Lucy I probably still would have married him. XD

When I first saw her, I was like "... Whut? The Master has a wife, and she shares my name? O_O"

Lulz. 'Twas funny. ^_^
xX

Yeah, it's fine to link members to on topic websites/videos/whatevers.

I think the shooting of The Master was a hoax. A performance. I think he didn't really die.

I waSn't really surprised by The Master having a wife when he was PM. But I obviously don't know you, thereFore didn't know the connection with the names. xD

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
You're most welcome, my dear. Helping other people is my pleasure. ^_^

Lulz, I wouldn't expect anyone to make any connection to me and my name.
My friends said something funny about me marrying the Master briefly, I think, but it was soon forgotten. I want to marry Luke Smith or Ood Sigma, anyway.

xX

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
You know in I think it was Journey's End, might've been The Stolen Earth, when Rose was sitting at the table in Donna's house while she was talking to Harriet Jones, Jack and Martha, you could hear a car-horn in the background in the exact tone of The Master's drum sound. I can't find a 'Tube link right now, but I'll look for one tomorrow and link you then.

And the hints have always been amazing. Anyone notice the Torchwood reference in Series One when Rose was playing the Weakest Link? That made no sense to me and I didn't actually take notice of it until I rewatched the episode some time later. Cool, hey?

I did notice that she said Torchwood, again taking no interest until the Blood and Tooth (I think it was) episode, and actually it is still in my mind, now you've said it... All the clues in it are very... Subtle (Except towards the finale, like the Bad Wolf Corporation, right above the Doctor in Satellite 5, the Game Station). Even (if you read the books) the hints are subtle in them, such as in The Feast of the Drowned, Torchwood was mentioned oh so quickly...

As for the car horn... I remember it very vaguely (this always happens, a link would be awesome, but I think I have an inkling what/when it was.)

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Ah, yes, I remember the Torchwood hint in The Weakest Link now...

I have a Little Miss Bad pencilcase, and it has the word 'BAD' on one side. I wrote 'Wolf' next to it. =3

xX

Years

I did notice that she said Torchwood, again taking no interest until the Blood and Tooth (I think it was) episode, and actually it is still in my mind, now you've said it... All the clues in it are very... Subtle (Except towards the finale, like the Bad Wolf Corporation, right above the Doctor in Satellite 5, the Game Station). Even (if you read the books) the hints are subtle in them, such as in The Feast of the Drowned, Torchwood was mentioned oh so quickly...

As for the car horn... I remember it very vaguely (this always happens, a link would be awesome, but I think I have an inkling what/when it was.)

Tooth and Claw*

Hmm...

I'll try and find it on YouTube. -goes to check-

I'll edit in a second.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
You know we were having a discussion about the Red Nose Day thing in the discussion thread?

Well, apparently:
The first clip of the Christmas episode will be shown as part of the BBC Children In Need transmission this coming Friday, 20th November. The scene is apparently around three minutes long.

I got that from an unnoficial website, but then I looked at the Doctor Who webpage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/bulletins/bulletin_091117_01

It's true. The Doctor Who clip in the RND show will be a proper Doctor Who clip, and I will definitely be watching. 8]

EDIT:
... I'm so very sad. I booked tickets to see New Moon on Friday evening before I knew...
RND will be on iPlayer, right?

xX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back