• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I want to edit the death script so when you get a game over it sends you back to the nearest place you healed at but only restores 1HP and 1PP to all your pokemon.

How would I go about doing this?

ASM is your answer. :P It can't be done with a script.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
Thanks for the help! ...though I don't know what ASM is, I'll look into it. Thanks again!

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I am not so good at scripting yet, but I have to get this thing working. Have spend whole day with it.
I got it work somehow but now my problem is that my player totally freezes. I know it's because of the waitmovement (It worked first when I had different movements) but what should I do to it? (My script may look stupid, it's one of my first big scripts. Have done only message, give item/pokémon and kind of that.) I'll start to understand this somehow.

Spoiler:

Can somebody please help me?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay I got an other level script problem :/ this time it nothing happends I tryed changing the var numbers but no go :/

Spoiler:

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Fire Red
xse
applymovement\giveitem\pokedex script
Spoiler:

The actual script runs fine until the end. However, before the actual event, Oak stand out in the middle of the area, just hanging out. After you get a pokemon, he disappears, and the event runs to his battle. However, after his battle, the text runs fine, but the applymovement doesn't happen, as he just disappears instantly. But he still blocks the way, as you can't move onto where he had just been standing afterwards.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
the last end movement is missing a waitmovement before posting a problem that deals with a movement script make sure that every applymovement as a waitmovement.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
the last end movement is missing a waitmovement before posting a problem that deals with a movement script make sure that every applymovement as a waitmovement.
That solves the ending of it, but this script is for after you get a pokemon. But even though I have the sprite set up and the hidden command selected in A-map, Oak is appearing as soon as I leave the house. It this an issue from the script. He disappears after you get the pokemon though. That is what makes me think it is a scripting thing.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I don't fully understand your problem. but I will say this, setflages aren't instint, you need a hidesprite to make him disaprear that second. all after a special the setflag would cause him to disaprear so if he dose disaprear to early then just move the setflag to the end of the script.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Spoiler:
Well try to it now...
What I fixed is in bold...

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
showpokepic/hidepokepic. See the Command Help inside XSE for further info.

Doesn't look like what I had in mind, I didn't mean the picture of the Eevee itself, I think I can do that but the ^_^ and the ? that appeared above Eevee's head. Thank you though, I see why I didn't make enough sense.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Doesn't look like what I had in mind, I didn't mean the picture of the Eevee itself, I think I can do that but the ^_^ and the ? that appeared above Eevee's head. Thank you though, I see why I didn't make enough sense.
The #raw 0x66 didn't work?

Here's my problem... I patched ROM with Shinyzer and I'm trying to make trainer's pokemon shiny. I did it exactly like HM has it in his tut, also used trainer with 5 pokemon and second + third pokemon shiny but when I talk to NPC the game freezes.
Here's a script.

Spoiler:

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
I think raw 0x66 wasn't working 'cause I still used faceplayer and msgbox 0x2, I got it to sort of work so that's ok.

Hmm, try another rom in case it's something you've done (or more likely, just a plain messed up already rom) and see if it works then.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
The game just freezes when I land on the script tile, it's an earthquake btw.

Spoiler:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
The game just freezes when I land on the script tile, it's an earthquake btw.

Spoiler:

Did you remember asigning 0300 and 4050 to the script tile?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Did you remember asigning 0300 and 4050 to the script tile?

Ahhh forgot that, haven't hacked in a while thats why.

Another problem though, in this script the tile does not show, I looked at Advance Map, the X is 0B Y is 0F and the block is 288.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Ahhh forgot that, haven't hacked in a while thats why.

Another problem though, in this script the tile does not show, I looked at Advance Map, the X is 0B Y is 0F and the block is 288.
Spoiler:

You need special 0x8E after the setmaptile to refresh the map and show the changes. Fixes in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back