The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:34 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
This is looking good. How close is the alpha or beta to being released?
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I will have a lot more time to work on this game over Thanksgiving break/Christmas break/weekends. I would hope for one soon with that kind of time =)
Old November 21st, 2009, 12:45 AM
AEX
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Although the maps are empty for some of you, please remember that events will take place in those empty spaces. For now, this hack isn't too bad, the development is quite progressive as well. Stay tuned? Definitely.
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Saiba Aisu
Sophistiqué

Nature: Bold
Ah, this looks like quite the interesting game, if only because you're taking such a unique look at the Pokemon universe.

Keep up the promising work, and I'll be one of the first to play your game once you release it!

Discover the shocking circumstances that set the birth of the legendary crime syndicate into motion

Witness Team Rocket like never before.

Old November 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
jjboy22
Beginning Trainer

id like to do some revamps for you if you want and i can make a support baner if i knew a couple pokemon
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Glitch.
maybe making a comeback

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glitch.
hey mrhaxmaster here, i noticed that your banners are just way too big so i made one that is the default size here:

[IMG*]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/mrhaxmaster/banners/pkmrose.png[/IMG*]
remove *'s to use.

Last edited by Glitch.; November 21st, 2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Anything I can help with? I'm not very good at scripting though.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

@chrunch: I intend to have an alpha release not too much longer from now. If I can include the scripts and sprites I'm wanting to by the end of next week, then that is when.

@jjboy22: I'll PM you!

@mrhaxmaster: Thank you for the support banner! I'll add that to the first post now.

@Konekodemon: Absolutely! Spriting (although I do have somebody who is trying to help me with that, the more the merrier!), music, and work with the game's beginning screen are all areas I still need help with.

Today's maps are of the Vacation Resort, the west coast of the Centiq region, Cinderock Island, a small patch of land created by Cinderock Volcano, and both the base and summit of Cinderock Volcano, the location of the fifth gym. There are a few water routes which separate these maps, but I don't think anybody would be particularly interested in seeing those.

Spoiler:
Vacation Resort:

Cinderock Island:

Cinderock Volcano (base):

Cinderock Volcano (summit):

Last edited by Bela; November 22nd, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
AEX
Beginning Trainer

Awesome map layout for Cinderock Volcano, HS. Cinderock Island is pretty much just a small, tiny island, so there's nothing much there. Keep it up!
Old November 27th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Okay, I took off a little time as this past week was a little busy. Now for some news on the game:

I am trying to make the first script, but I can't seem to make it work properly. I have a post in the Script Help Thread with more information on that.

Today's maps include a lake route north of Bloomful, Sinishade City (the sixth gym town), the Azurect Community (the seventh gym), the Omen Path, and Victrial Town.

Lake Route:
Spoiler:

The first immediately noticeable thing about this map is the weird tree tiles that seemingly cut into the mountain. In the game, this won't be seen by the player as a conflict, so I see no real problem with it.

In the bottom-left corner is an area similar to G/S/C's Route 34. Up North is Sinishade, and the entrance to the Royal Forest is blocked by Rocket grunts for now.

Sinishade City:
Spoiler:

This town is pretty big, with a Department Store, a Game Corner, Gym (Ghost), a Graveyard, and houses.

If the player tries to leave Sinishade City from the north, a voice will prevent them from doing so. It will require a Silph Scope to progress further.

Later on in the game, the player will have to go underground and infiltrate the Sinishade Lab to disrupt Team Rocket's plans in Centiq. What could those plans be?

Azurect Community:
Spoiler:

After obtaining the sixth badge from Sinishade, go to Marvelight City and surf from the small path hidden within the large buildings. After passing through a few water routes, the player will arrive at this location. The Azurect Community gets its name from the small community of scientists researching the ruins said to be buried underneath the island. A scientist will block you from entering the cave on this island, telling you it's far too dangerous to do so.

After completing his research on a genetic specimen said to have come to the Centiq region from a meteor, Bela is now at the Azurect Community, on the verge of a big discovery. As you enter his Azurect Gym, he will have uncovered an Old Amber and turn to greet you. His roster this time around is an all-fossil team. After you beat him, he will give you the Old Amber he dug up. You can take this to Marvelight City's laboratory and have it revived.

When you return to Marvelight, a woman whose Meowth has run away asks you to help her find the cat. Similar to cornering Farfetch'd in the Ilex Forest, you must find a way to direct Meowth towards the woman. After you accomplish this, the woman gives you a Silph Scope, which she assumed would help her find her lost Meowth.

With a Silph Scope in hand, try to exit north of Sinishade. The voice will try to attack, revealing itself to be a Gengar. Catch it!

Omen Path:
Spoiler:

Along this route which prominently features a skull, you will find trainers and many Dark and Ghost Pokemon. Could there be a hidden meaning behind the name?

Victrial Town:
Spoiler:

This is Victrial Town, the last town in the game. Upon entering, a man in a suit will come out of the Pokemon Center and mutter something about justice. He will then head north and disappear. To the west is an old man who will prevent you from passing unless you have collected all eight badges; he blocks the way to the Pokemon League HQ.

Without much to do, head north towards the location of the final badge, Mt. Frozis...
Old November 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
I like the skull on Omen Path. It looks like it could lead down to Sinishade City with the Graves...
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:41 PM
AEX
Beginning Trainer

Ah, nice maps HS. Hopefully, the next update would be Mt. Frozis.
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Thanks!

I'm currently working on the game's scripts using XSE, and I must say it's certainly a lot easier that way. Expect an alpha release soon!

Today's maps are of Mt. Frozis, the location of the eighth gym badge.

Spoiler:

<-- This area here is the cloud line with a "steady mist" weather.

After exiting north from Victrial Town, you find yourself at the base of Mt. Frozis. Heading up the mountain, you will enter two separate caves, and meet many trainers and wild Pokemon along the way.

At the top is the final gym in the game--who will you find there?
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:40 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Okay, the story is okay. The Maps (just from the screen shots) need some work. The Features are bland and boring the most disappointing part. There is no originality no new features. I like the logo at the top. I didn't see any script errors but there is not that much screen shots. Like to see how this progresses, seems good so far with the potential to be great.
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

I like your maps, holy star. They give a good FR feel. Some maps need to be mapped out more natural (because FR can be natural to!)
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:14 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Thanks for the comments guys!

I received this from the spriter NiKaNoRoU just now; the first images of the male hero character, Aster:

Spoiler:

Today's map is of the Royal Forest, the area which was previously inaccessible due to Rocket grunts blocking the way. See if this appears as "natural!"

Spoiler:

Within this huge forest you will find many berries on the ground, as well as many kinds of wild Pokemon. No trainers are here; it has been quite some time since anyone has set foot within the quiet forest. You will make your way to the Rose Castle on the right, in which you must explore its interior in order to exit the forest. Will you run into anybody along the way?

EDIT: We are also close to having a recolored, DP-esque map finished. Look forward to that!

Last edited by Bela; December 1st, 2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:27 AM
Brissmas
Beginning Trainer

These maps are awesome! Royal Forest looks great. Keep up the awesome work!
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:29 AM
Daiko7
Beginning Trainer

Wow, great work on the maps.

My only problem is I don't know how to do all the Patching nonsense so I will never be able to play this game.. That sucks because it looks like a extremely well done game.

Platinum Friend Code: 2793 9375 8951

Old December 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

If, when I put up the first beta, you have trouble making it work, PM me and I'll help you out!

Here is a sprite of Allen, the rival of the game (thank you NiKaNoRoU! ;D):

Spoiler:

Wearing a dark grey hoodie, with a lock of hair laying over part of his face, Allen is the hero's longtime friend. Within the game, Allen will appear to the player as a somewhat effeminate character; his dialogue is intended to sound like that of a soft-spoken individual. Not surprisingly, Allen can be thought of as homosexual--and herein lies an internal conflict; unsure of his own sexuality, Allen fears being considered weak. To prove that he is strong, his first Pokemon is the Superpower Pokemon Machop. For Allen, Machop symbolizes his desire to be thought strong.
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:35 AM
Daiko7
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Star View Post
If, when I put up the first beta, you have trouble making it work, PM me and I'll help you out!

Spoiler:

Wearing a dark grey hoodie, with a lock of hair laying over part of his face, Allen is the hero's longtime friend. Within the game, Allen will appear to the player as a somewhat effeminate character; his dialogue is intended to sound like that of a soft-spoken individual. Not surprisingly, Allen can be thought of as homosexual--and herein lies an internal conflict; unsure of his own sexuality, Allen fears being considered weak. To prove that he is strong, his first Pokemon is the Superpower Pokemon Machop. For Allen, Machop symbolizes his desire to be thought strong.
Thanks.

Wow.. Allen is actually quite a good character to add in (Troubled about Sexuality, feeling weak.. You have turned him from a pixelated Character into a somewhat realistic person. Congratulations for that one fact.. (And the beauty of the maps.)

Platinum Friend Code: 2793 9375 8951

Old December 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
VectorEdge
Heart Gold & Soul Silver FTW!

This is looking pretty cool! But, on the top of the volcano, and the mountain, you need to put pokemon centres, because the pokemon will be nearly dead by the time they reach the top, and won't be able o challenge the gym.

Click the Picture for the full OST
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Again, thanks for the comments guys! The game is supposed to have depth in the characters and also be somewhat difficult to play (no Pokemon centers at the volcano or moutain!)

After working tirelessly, my good friend Xous has finished working on a recolored map for the Centiq region.

Here it is!

Spoiler:

Old December 1st, 2009, 07:57 PM
AEX
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorEdge View Post
This is looking pretty cool! But, on the top of the volcano, and the mountain, you need to put pokemon centres, because the pokemon will be nearly dead by the time they reach the top, and won't be able o challenge the gym.
This situation is pretty much solved. You'll find out what happens.
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Star View Post

Spoiler:

I see you have just explained my life and my name, what a coincidence (I'm no homosexual, at least I think I'm not homosexual. you got everything else right :O)
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
AEX
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljam View Post
I see you have just explained my life and my name, what a coincidence (I'm no homosexual, at least I think I'm not homosexual. you got everything else right :O)
Then that's perfect! What a better way to "get into the game".
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links