The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

View Poll Results: Did you like the movie?
Yes 10 83.33%
No 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Ambellina
Psychedelic Psychic
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
2000 was my favorite movie. Buuuuuut. I find it highly doubtful.

♥Paired to Sushi.♥ ✘Grandparent-Elite Overlord LeSabre™ ✘Sister-Anastasia.R ✘Daughter-xxkaylabby ✘Yappy Grandson-The Last One
twitterRaptr
Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
ArcanineOod
DESU.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ArcanineOod
It might well have a reference to the 2nd film if only that Ash remembers the Lugia he met before.
It'll be quite interesting if it's the same Lugia because Brock never saw it...

xX
Old November 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
yossarian
Knight of Cydonia

Nature: Modest
Very interesting. Just watching that gives me hints that they might end the anime, without a 5th generation for it.

Ash we know has this connection with Ho ho. He saw it just when he left, on the first ever episode. This movie could wrap things up very nicely indeed for Nintendo/the writers if they wanted to. Ash catches Ho oh (unlikely probably) or Ho oh reveals to Ash that it's been following it... spiritual bond... sacrifices itself (you know the rest, this is definitely more likely). If they play their cards right, and end the TV show just before it with him winning Sinoh and then meeting up with everyone again, Misty, Gary, Oak his mum, all his old pokemon etc and then release the movie it would certainly work and would give most of the fans a satisfactory conclusion to the anime.

I do have to say the trailer looks epic so I can't wait for it to come out, whatever the consequences of that are.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnX...eature=related
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
Very interesting. Just watching that gives me hints that they might end the anime, without a 5th generation for it.

Ash we know has this connection with Ho ho. He saw it just when he left, on the first ever episode. This movie could wrap things up very nicely indeed for Nintendo/the writers if they wanted to. Ash catches Ho oh (unlikely probably) or Ho oh reveals to Ash that it's been following it... spiritual bond... sacrifices itself (you know the rest, this is definitely more likely). If they play their cards right, and end the TV show just before it with him winning Sinoh and then meeting up with everyone again, Misty, Gary, Oak his mum, all his old pokemon etc and then release the movie it would certainly work and would give most of the fans a satisfactory conclusion to the anime.

I do have to say the trailer looks epic so I can't wait for it to come out, whatever the consequences of that are.
I agree.

However...

This is getting to much money for them.

I don't think they'll end the anime with this movie.

^_^'

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
yossarian
Knight of Cydonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
I agree.

However...

This is getting to much money for them.

I don't think they'll end the anime with this movie.

'
As a mentioned in another thread, Nintendo are getting the bulk of their money from the Pokemon franchise from the games. I'm not sure if they make anything from the Anime and so it wouldn't beyond the realms of possibility for Nintendo to release a 5th generation set of pokemon but only for the games, and not have an Anime based on it.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
As a mentioned in another thread, Nintendo are getting the bulk of their money from the Pokemon franchise from the games. I'm not sure if they make anything from the Anime and so it wouldn't beyond the realms of possibility for Nintendo to release a 5th generation set of pokemon but only for the games, and not have an Anime based on it.
Ultimately, the anime is just a large commercial for the games. It's a major driving force for the sales of the games. A lot of people discovered Pokemon through Ash Ketchum, and more people still are. If the anime ended, game sales would most likely drop as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Ho-oh and Lugia didn't use telepathy, and only made loud screeches, like Dialga and Palkia. Hopefully we do get to hear voices, since Lugia was talking in Movie 2.

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; November 23rd, 2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Sakari
Donator Tier 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
Ultimately, the anime is just a large commercial for the games. It's a major driving force for the sales of the games. A lot of people discovered Pokemon through Ash Ketchum, and more people still are. If the anime ended, game sales would most likely drop as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Ho-oh and Lugia didn't use telepathy, and only made large screeches, like Dialga and Palkia. Hopefully we do get to hear voices, since Lugia was talking in Movie 2.
Same here, lugia voice in the second movie was... Yeah it just didn't suit him well. The one thing I hope they do not do is bring diaglia, paliki, areceus, or giratina into the story plot. I don't think it will happen though because there final battle was in the 12th movie.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:50 PM
reinvaldez
Beginning Trainer

Wow! It's nice to hear and read here that a development of new Pokemon movie. I haven't yet watch the Pokemon Movie 12.

It keeps me excited! Alright, Go Ash!
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I reckon it looks like it could be the only possible place to end the anime. But most likely they'll go on even once major channels don't show it.

I hope it turns out Ho-oh wants to kill Ash and Lugia is trying to stop it.

Then they could shove Charizard up there for ultimate epicness
Old November 24th, 2009, 02:27 PM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Quote:
I still like the anime, though.

I'd be disappointed if it ended with this movie.

But... that's just IMO... so... yeah...

=/

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old November 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM
yossarian
Knight of Cydonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

I also wouldn't be surprised if Ho-oh and Lugia didn't use telepathy, and only made loud screeches, like Dialga and Palkia. Hopefully we do get to hear voices, since Lugia was talking in Movie 2.

That definitely was true for the 1st and 2nd generation of Pokemon, Kanto and Johto when the pokemon anime was really popular amongst kids and there was pokemon merchandising everywhere. I myself discovered the games through the Anime and so did many other people back then.

It probably was valid for Hoean as well. I'm not sure about now though. Most people in the 13 - 22 age bracket already know about Pokemon and the games and don't need the Anime to tell them what it is.

Whilst it's definately true game sales will suffer as a result , if that's offset by the reduction in costs of not having to produce an Anime then they'll go for it.

Old November 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian
Most people in the 13 - 22 age bracket already know about Pokemon and the games and don't need the Anime to tell them what it is.

Whilst it's definately true game sales will suffer as a result , if that's offset by the reduction in costs of not having to produce an Anime then they'll go for it.
Let's not get foolish here. It's true that most people ages 13 -22 already know about the games but do they make up a majority of the sales? I don't think so. The only reason the games are still continuing to this day is because of the animé is still airing and is getting kids around the world interested in the games.

It's may be possible for the Pokémon Company to actually get some profit by ceasing their production of the animé but no one will actually consider it a possibility. This is especially true considering that the animé is cheaply produced to begin with and that it brings in a lot of money as well.
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
That definitely was true for the 1st and 2nd generation of Pokemon, Kanto and Johto when the pokemon anime was really popular amongst kids and there was pokemon merchandising everywhere. I myself discovered the games through the Anime and so did many other people back then.

It probably was valid for Hoean as well. I'm not sure about now though. Most people in the 13 - 22 age bracket already know about Pokemon and the games and don't need the Anime to tell them what it is.
Every time a new generation comes around, so does a new generation of players, and many older players also begin to lose interest. Game Freak obviously is more focused on recycling the main age group than keeping older players around (Of course they'll provide aspects to keep older players happy, but they'll never make such a drastic change such as making the games only about competition and strategy, or adding more adult themes.).

After/during 2nd gen, when Pokemon lost a lot of its popularity GF could have easily matured the franchise and added more mature aspects to the games in an attempt to keep the older generation around, but they didn't. They kept the same cutesy appeal, and decided it was best to aim at the same age group the franchise had once it started. The anime continues to fill its roll of introducing new players to the Pokemon franchise.

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; November 24th, 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:49 AM
>Feelings<

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Feelings<
I really wonder what the story of the 13th movie will be...

I have a feeling that Lugia and Ho-oh will only have screeches and will not speak telepathically. That's because if they actually talked, then all problems could be solved and they wouldn't even fight.
If this Lugia cannot speak telepathically, then it probably won't be from the orange islands in the second movie. If it can speak, then there is a great chance that it will be from the second movie.

This movie could have a great potential to give a proper ending to the anime series if its story was designed to be that good.
But it's way too soon in terms of Nintendo and Gamefreak's sense to end it, specially when they have got four leagues to master, one league left to even be challenged, a badge left, and a battle frontier left.
Moreover, two new characters have been added who has a long way to go, and it feels like they are gonna make a filler season containing Johto and the Battle Frontier and more contests.
Old November 29th, 2009, 10:06 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Feelings< View Post
I really wonder what the story of the 13th movie will be...

I have a feeling that Lugia and Ho-oh will only have screeches and will not speak telepathically. That's because if they actually talked, then all problems could be solved and they wouldn't even fight.
If this Lugia cannot speak telepathically, then it probably won't be from the orange islands in the second movie. If it can speak, then there is a great chance that it will be from the second movie.

This movie could have a great potential to give a proper ending to the anime series if its story was designed to be that good.
But it's way too soon in terms of Nintendo and Gamefreak's sense to end it, specially when they have got four leagues to master, one league left to even be challenged, a badge left, and a battle frontier left.
Moreover, two new characters have been added who has a long way to go, and it feels like they are gonna make a filler season containing Johto and the Battle Frontier and more contests.
EXACTLY.

Although... if Ho-Oh and Lugia could talk telepathically...... that would be just........ EPIC WIN. :D

Plus, it would make things a little more interesting. You'll get a true feel for their character if they talk telepathically then them just screaming/screeching all the time.

Just my opinion, though.

=/

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old November 30th, 2009, 08:02 PM
AshAngel899
Ash Ketchum/Satoshi <3

Nature: Brave
i heard about this movie last year... before giratina and the sky warrior came out in english. so i thought that this would be the 12th movie. now i know what movie it will be.

please try to hatch my pokemon eggs! and feed my pokemon! thx,
- Ciry

Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:27 AM
lavenderbolt
Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to lavenderbolt
well, is that all legendary pokemon always fighting against each other? Mew - Mewtwo, trio birds, groudon-kyogre, rayquaza-dyoxys, darkrai-dialga-palkia, dialga-giratina-palkia-arceus and now, even 2 calm pokemon like ho-oh and lugia are going to a war too, what happen to them?
still, i'm really looking forward to seeing this movie too
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Just to take movie 2000 outta the picture:
There are more then one type of lugia... that goes the same with every pokemon e.g. the lugia from movie 2000 the lugia with the baby in johto! (another example is there are over 100 pikachus in the poke world) I dont think the lugia from 2000 will be the same!

Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon League Champion View Post
Just to take movie 2000 outta the picture:
There are more then one type of lugia... that goes the same with every pokemon e.g. the lugia from movie 2000 the lugia with the baby in johto! (another example is there are over 100 pikachus in the poke world) I dont think the lugia from 2000 will be the same!
True.

I wasn't saying it WAS the same Lugia as the one from Movie 2 (2000). I was just saying that it's possible that it IS the same Lugia.

We won't know for sure until we know more information about the movie and/or the movie is finally released in Japan.

V_V

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
This is just me........ but........... this has been bothering me for quite awhile now.

I keep getting a strange feeling that this movie will have MAJOR Movie 2 a.k.a. Movie 2000 references and connections.

I don't know if it's because Lugia's in it or not.

I just keep getting this strange and weird feeling that movie 13 will have MAJOR Movie 2 references and connections.

You can call me crazy, but, it's just a feeling.

Anyone feel like proving my feeling wrong?

it might. cause movie 12 had mad references to movie 11 10 and 9
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:18 PM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
it might. cause movie 12 had mad references to movie 11 10 and 9
Movie 12 had Movie 9 references?!

Are you sure?!

O_O

If so... I really need to watch Movie 12 now... lol.

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old December 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Yeah.I didn't see them!!

I know it had reference to 10 and 11, and that's coz they're a trilogy.
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified Flying Aces View Post
Yeah.I didn't see them!!

I know it had reference to 10 and 11, and that's coz they're a trilogy.
lol.

I know.

KingCyndaquil could be wrong... that just caught me off guard.

lol

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
DarkChariardX
The master of Fire pokemon

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkChariardX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTVVk6qwxVk

i heard that this will have the 1st appearance of a generation V pokemon! can someone clue me in on this movie, and if you want share your expectations on it. my moneys on lugia

The team of my dreams

Old December 8th, 2009, 10:48 PM
spastman
Pokemon Proffesor

I dont know if they show the next generation, but the location of that movie wil be based on Belgium & Netherland.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links