The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Toolbox

Notices

Toolbox Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
Is there a way to make a Crystal Poketext tool? Or a way to change the intro text (With Oak talking to you)?
Old June 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM
yomamathecableguy
Has a lot of projects going on

Nature: Adamant
Possibly.. I'll have to mess around with it :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Mr.Silver
Say Hello To Nurse Barbra

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mr.Silver
ill beta test a bit if you want

Old July 18th, 2009, 07:55 PM
EBAiscool
Beginning Trainer

Ok, everyone here is double posting, so I thought I might too =P.

How's the G/S/C trainer editor coming up? Once that comes out, I'm gonna make a G/S hack... BECAUSE THERE IS A TEXT EDITOR FOR IT =D. So I thought I might make a whole new game with your tools... Not trying to rush you, but I really want that Trainer Editor T_T And the learnable attacks editor, since I might be adding some D/p/pt pokemon in it too. Good luck!!!

Old July 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM
yomamathecableguy

Welll hopefully I'll be able to get a windows pc soon so I can actually start developing on it. So, I haven't actually started on the programming yet. I have everything basically planned out, I just need to get a Windows computer so I can start working on getting it developed. I'm still taking ideas on it though. :D Also I would like people to start signing up to be Beta Testers. Be sure to include which tools you'd want to test for me. Sorry for the delays everyone.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
By the way, I was reading on page one and I know how to add more pokemon to a trainer, change the number of trainers in that trainer group, and can explain the function byte that confused you. I'm not sure if you have had this explained via PM or not yet, so drop me a line and I'll let you know.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to GymLeaderLance99 Send a message via Yahoo to GymLeaderLance99
I have to say, this all looks great. I haven't seen many tools for Crystal out there, finding only Crysmap, a few Leader/Elite 4/Trainer editors, etc, so having all these at once would be great. I like the ideas you've got planned, too. If you could make a Text Editor, too, that'd be good. I can't remember if I found a PokeText or another text editor that worked for Crystal, lol.

Good luck on this, dude. If all goes well, I might just decide to restart my old Crystal hack, which I haven't touched in maybe 5-6 years. XD

Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
yomamathecableguy

Thanks for the help Mateo, and thanks for the support Lance! :D

Old July 25th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
Haha no problem mate. Anything else confusing drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Old July 29th, 2009, 04:05 AM
yomamathecableguy

Awesome Thanks to both of you! Hopefully I'll be getting a PC soon so I can start programming the thing XD

Old July 31st, 2009, 06:05 AM
yomamathecableguy

Well I'm finally getting my own computer again!! :D Buuuutttt I need to make $1,030 for all the parts I'm wanting for it XDD Anyone willing to donate? lol jk jk But once I get the money and all the parts get shipped I can start programming this tool again Thanks for your support everyone!

Old August 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM
dragonface
Check out Elite version

Send a message via AIM to dragonface
nice tools. if i ever decide to hack gsc i will use these for sure
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:30 PM
yomamathecableguy

I've finally got my computer I've just gotta take a while to familiarize myself with hacking ROMs with VB6 again. It's been a while. But anyone that's interested in this - I would LOVE to hear your suggestions, etc., especially now that I can actually make it. Thanks everyone!!

Old September 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
megas xlr
Beginning Trainer

Well, I'm no one important, I don't make public hacks, I have no hacking experience (cept for fooling around with my own person hacks I make to just randomly prolong the life span of a game lol)

but yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. G/S is arguably tied for the best Pokemon game (R/B tie for me since they were just plain great, and the glitched were everywhere, but added a lot of fun too)

I can't wait for the evolution editor, and maybe a way to add more pokemon or types into the game (like KBM did with Brown). I'd also love to be able to make gengar evolve through lvls... lol

but yeah, enough random chat, I tried most of the programs you have up for download, and they seem to work fine. I'd like to be able to addd more pokemon to the gym leaders, but if its a no-go, so be it.

if I understood the most basic things about hacking (which if I put my mind to it, I probbaly can) I'd love to help out...

I can't so I'll just give support. Good luck o nthis project, and I hope you complete it soon
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

This is awesome. I say your first priority should be the Trainer editor though (and also the wild Pokemon editor).
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Xoy
Beginning Trainer

Hey Yomama, where are you? Any news about the project? Man, want so much this mega tool... from al generations, the 2º was the best. I've bought a DS, but I'm already selling it, dunno, didn't like it, poke platinum was cool, yeah, but crystal was THE pokemon game, and editing it is even better! So, keep the excelent job!
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM
triplexh18
call me Oscizor

Nature: Calm
I love you so much for making these

Do you know if you can make a Crystal Map editor sorta like advance map but for Crystal?

I know there is Gold Map but that doesn't work for me
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:59 AM
LuciRuki
#1 Janine Fan

WOW! I've used the Leader editor already! I'm just waiting for te trainer editor lol. Hurry! Haha. Thank you anyways, these are amazing!

-LuciRuki-

!!!ATTENTION!!!

If you need an ideologist for hacking, storyboard development, name inventor, dialogue writer, or help with concepts and ideas, I am your guy.
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Pkmn_Trainer_FTW!
Beginning Trainer

Sorry To Bother You About This But I Need The Trainer Editor Thing Done (Aimed To Work @ crystal) For My Rom Hack.
n
I'm New In Rom Hacking And I Will Be Able To Make ALL The Trainer's Higher Leveled, New Moveset (MAYBE) And New Pokemon.

Please Don't Make It Hard To Use. Please Make It Simple :D
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmn_Trainer_FTW! View Post
Sorry To Bother You About This But I Need The Trainer Editor Thing Done (Aimed To Work @ crystal) For My Rom Hack.
n
I'm New In Rom Hacking And I Will Be Able To Make ALL The Trainer's Higher Leveled, New Moveset (MAYBE) And New Pokemon.

Please Don't Make It Hard To Use. Please Make It Simple :D
Why don't you jut use a hex editor until the tool is done?
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Pkmn_Trainer_FTW!
Beginning Trainer

1) Because I'm Using Tool's From Here (ONLY)
2) Because I Don't Know How To.
3) I'm Soooooo New To Rom Hacking. I'm Doing A Simple Crystal 251
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Cause Hexes confuse me, and since almost nobody hacks the second gen games (everyone want's to hack freaking FireRed), we have to hack it manually, which is difficuly, since all the tools for hacking only work on FireRed, forget FireRed, Gold is the game to hack!

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Pkmn_Trainer_FTW!
Beginning Trainer

One Thing.. All Of The Tool in This Toolbox Work With Crystal
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmn_Trainer_FTW! View Post
One Thing.. All Of The Tool in This Toolbox Work With Crystal
there are not many tools here but you can find a simple map editor and trainer editor here:
http://crystalfallows.110mb.com/Auto...php?dir=tools/

the map editor has some event features that you don't know so you should try how they work for mapping (if you do that)

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links