The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Demo beta version 0.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?3z8heaj7670ve9p
Still supported. Your feedback will go towards version 0.6.

Intro
Pokémon XENOTIME, is set in Okyto, a thriving region with a diverse ecosystem. Lush grassland, icy conditions towards the north, desert, sunny beaches and rainy areas make Okyto a wonderful nature reserve. That said, the civilisation in Okyto is very advanced, with top-rate technology used to its full. Collect eight badges as you receive your first Pokémon reluctantly from Professor Larcoon, a woman with a stubborn side. On your adventure, meet countless Pokémon and journey through Okyto on your quest to become the Pokémon champion! It's a perilous journey. You and your Pokémon must be tough enough to take on the incredibly strong elite six then the double battle champion. You must protect the civilians from the evil team, made up of past characters and strengthen your Pokémon, beating several trainers on the way.

Features

You

You'll be able to choose their names, and no, they don't talk.

The starters

XENOTIME will be sticking with the standard Grass, Fire and Water starters, but, you'll actually be able to catch the ones you didn't pick at some point into the game.

Battles

XENOTIME's battle UI. As you can see, it's taken advantage of the wide-screen resolution well, by filling up the space with the enemy and player trainers. There are also no bits for the Pokémon to stand on, since all of the backgrounds I'm using have a large area of ground like here. This part is still being edited.

Babies

Ever thought that once you've defeated a gym leader and received your one badge, TM and "advice" that it wasn't really worth the effort? Well this feature will certainly fix that! Once you defeat a gym leader, you will receive a hint to the where abouts of a baby Pokémon. To get the 'mon you'll have to try and figure out what the hint meant. Maybe a riddle.

So that the main game isn't over cluttered with hundreds upon hundreds of Pokémon, it is necessary to move some to after the main quest. I'm still deciding weather or not to include 5th gen 'mon, but even if I do, they won't be available until version 2.0 of the demo, which will be out at Christmas. If you feel any of the removed Pokémon shouldn't be, feel free to say.

More info

Team
Names in order of importance
Creator: Peeky Chew, pikarich
Plot: pikarich, Peeky Chew
Mapper: Peeky Chew
In-thread graphics: Peeky Chew
Credits
All for tiles unless otherwise stated
Kyledove

Alistair

Reck

Zein

WesleyFG

Alucus_Of_Borg

PrinceLegendario

Bo0mxBiG

ligtherzein

Poccil

Kizemaru-Kuronosuke

Scarex3wer

chimcharsfireworkd

PokeRemixStudio
- Music
xxseenyweenyxx
- Music
blazeknight-94 - Sprites
korinkublaster
- Sprites
Maybe others, but they didn't ask for credit

Updated 20th May

Last edited by Cilerba; July 6th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Colbex
Cobalt Black Creator

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Colbex
It looks really cool, and the PokéDex thing interests me. Best of luck on your project, although, this seems to me like one that'll become popular.

Old November 28th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Nature: Careful
This looks great. I especially like the second map that has half the town underwater. One great feature you have is that you get an egg after you beat a gym leader. That will be helpful later on.
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:50 AM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

this looks just awesome. just tell me if you need any help with any graphics!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Route
Slowpoke

Cool game! I like how the second town is half submerged in water! It looks great!
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@Garnet: Thanks, and I hope. Would you like a list of the Pokemon not in the main game?

@Wind Gale: Yeah, the under water part is my favourite map so far. That feature is my favourite too, I'm wondering right now if I should reveal which Pokemon eggs you get.

@deeelove: Thanks you. I do need some help with graphics, a proper logo. The art in your signature is really impresive, could you do something like that again? I'd be very interested in seeing more of your work, so if you have a deviant art account or something I'd really like to see it.

@Pokéstorm: Thanks you! And I really appreciate you being the first person to put the support banner in your sig

Yes, that's right, Pokémon XENOTIME now has a twitter account for you to follow. You can check it regularly for small quick updates which wouldn't fit on the thread! Just click on the image above and you'll be taken straight to it

I'll have another update for you guys soon when Wind Gale has finished Kindle Woods. Also,
s1alvarer (my over mapper) is soon going to start work on the route and city east of Larcoon city. It will be quite a modern metropolis of a Poke city similar to Jubilife but a bit less square.

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; November 28th, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Route
Slowpoke

I can't wait for this to come out! Can you post some more screenshots? What are they Pokémon that are not in the main game? And what eggs do you get?

Sorry for all the questions, its just I'm really excited for this game.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Well I'm pretty sure the Kindle Woods map will be up soon today.
The list of all of the Pokemon would take way too long for me to post right now sadly, but I can reveal Bidoof is one of them and that all starters and legendarys aren't removed.
I'll only reveal one egg for now, and it's...... Skarmory! Yes, Skarmory, probably most peoples favourite bird 'mon will be given to you by a flying gym leader!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old November 29th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Route
Slowpoke

Wow, Skarmory? Awesome! I can't wait to see Kindle Woods. The idea of eggs is great. Oh, one more question, Is there going to be any Fakemon?
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

I am almost done with it. I just have one question and sent it to you by PM yesterday.
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@Pokéstorm: There may be a few fakemon but that won't be a big part of the game. There is one massive new feature to do with the Pokemon that I haven't revealed yet. I expect you'll all really like it. Keep checking the twitter because I may reveal it there first.

@Wind Gale: Yeah, I recieved that pm and I'm pretty sure I replied, although it was on my Wii so you can never really be sure. Also it doesn't tell me what pms I've sent for some reason so pease tell me if you didn't receive a reply.

Slight update here: deeelove will now be making the logo for the thread and banners for people to support with. I have no idea how long it'll take but don't expect anything too soon.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old November 29th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

I didn't get it but I sent a new one because I think I figured it out. I honestly am hoping I didn't so I don't feel like an idiot.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

The maps look great!
I'll be watching this
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

I finally finished the map. Peeky Chew said to update it if he was not on when I finished it.

Here it is:

This is before Peeky Chew has seen it and edited it. It is not the best, but not half bad.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@Crazyninjaguy: Thanks and gdgd.

@Wind Gale: That's really good, since I'm pretty bad at routes/forests it's better than I could have done xD There are a few errors about but they can all be fixed easily. Of course the most important thing is what everyone else thinks of it xD
I'll add it to the first post and then soon add one without the lines or errors.

Update: Apart from putting Kindle Woods into the first post we now also have an exceptionally cool logo made by deeelove. I hope everyone likes it!
Give me a few mins to edit it in if it isn't already.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Thanks. I left some spots blank in case you had some idea in mind for the events. I wasn't sre if you like the tall grass since I hadn't seen it on one of your maps. Hopefully you liked it.
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Yeah, those will be helpfull for any events. And that grass actually matches a forest more. Look at this then the map: http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/forest_bark.jpg
Pretty similar? (apart from the resolution )

Demo Beta out Now!

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Wow, your right. I never realized ow close it looked. When I first used it I did not like it but then after experimenting with it I started to like it.
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:52 PM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

hope everyone likes the logo!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

It looks really good Deelove. I am excited for when you do mine. Unless you changed your mind.
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Wow! I like the new logo, a lot! Great job deeelove! Kindle Woods looks awesome! I can't wait to hear this new massive feature with the Pokémon!
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

Looks great. I especially love your maps.

I like the story but other than a few changes it sounds like the original games.
If that is what your going for then great.
If not, I recommend adding some more story around the main character.
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

yea wind gale ill do it just pm me. i forget me telling you i would do it but hey who cares

Old November 30th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update on update:
You guys'll have to survive without an update today as I'm preparing a massive one for tommorow!
And nice idea putting the logo in your sig, Pokéstorm, I have too now

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Dadadadada!!! Here I am, the awesome second-in-command for the game, pikarich!! Completely missed all the goings on, didn't realize the thread had been started again. Peeky said there was good news, I know what he's on about now! Thanks for all your support guys, and keep up the good work. OMG we have twitter. I'm just so happy!!

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Last edited by pikarich; December 1st, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links