The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
FreaKryptid
LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Hmm pokemon game list *goes thru archive
Heres some
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_video_games
http://www.amazon.com/List-All-Pokem...R2F8DWAPI3EU94
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_...C3%A9mon_games
http://www.listal.com/list/pokemon-games
Hmm none of them seem to be on this site well hope that helped

Somewhere far far in the galaxy, there lives a man far far away. Unfortunately he's to far away for me to talk about.

Thanks goes to
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max745 View Post
a list of completed pokemon games please??? everwhere i post its locked xD.
That's an unrealistic request, considering that hacking has been around for a long time, it's like asking for a list of all the blogs on the internet =__=. What you can do Is look in the Hacks Showcase Section, or the Hack Hall of Fame. The best of the best or the most memorable hacks are in their, or at least completed hacks. >_<
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
thedude2008
Beginning Trainer

I have 2 questions.
1. I just started using XSE today and I decided to try editing a preexisting script. I wanted to remove an applymovement. So, I deleted that part of the script, kept everything else in (this is in Steven's room, btw), and pressed the compile button. When I reloaded the offset, the part that I deleted was still there and the applymovement was still in the game. Does anyone know how to remove this permanently?

2. I was using A-Map and edited the movement permissions for a few certain blocks. I saved the changes and loaded my rom. I soon realized that the changes didn't apply on the rom. So, I tried changing the blocks to different blocks. The changes were shown in A-Map but not applied on my rom. I decided to change some different blocks after that. I edited a few different blocks, saved, and loaded my rom, and the changes did apply. So, for some reason, 3 blocks on my map were not changing on my rom while everything else would. I later found out that I could cause the changes to apply to my rom by starting a new game. Still though, why was it only those blocks that were having problems? And is there some way to fix this, or will I have to restart my game every time I edit something in case something like this happens again? Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Shadow_Knux
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
Hello. I need some help regarding OW sprites in FireRed.

First off, I changed the Slowpoke OW (#128 in Advance Map) to be 32x32 using the following tutorial by destinedjagold:
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=155572
(Sorry for no link, not enough posts...)

Their tutorial consists of using Overworld Editor RE and Overworld Changer. I followed the tutorial and successfully enlarged the sprite and changed it into a Slaking OW. This sprite shows up perfectly fine in Advance Map and OW Editor, but in VisualBoy I get nothing. Just an empty space acting as a sprite. No Slaking OW. Help?

To be specific, I followed the above tutorial until Step 2, and instead of following the rest on inserting a new sprite, I drew it by hand (or rather, mouse) using OW Editor. I don't think that should be much of a problem...

Thank you in advance, as I could not find this addressed elsewhere. Also, I'm a little more skilled than your beginning hacker, but not by a whole lot. If you could keep a reply simple, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max745 View Post
a list of completed pokemon games please??? everwhere i post its locked xD.
Here's an old thread with a list of completed hacks. I can't say how accurate it is given that it hasn't been updated in a while but it's something.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135962

Brother of Vrai
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Lupe
isn't she cute...

hi sorry if this was asked before, i searched but couldn't find the answer. what are the tools used in editing the battle background and the text box in fire red and what are their offsets?
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
hi sorry if this was asked before, i searched but couldn't find the answer. what are the tools used in editing the battle background and the text box in fire red and what are their offsets?
Hmm, it is tile molester i believe, I do not know the offsets, sorry.
Old November 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Here's a tutorial on textbox editing. As for the tool, I would personally recommend using Tile Molester. But for battle backgrounds, I think you would have to use Unlz. I'm not 100% on that though.

Brother of Vrai
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Pokemap: I am having trouble with the GB Pokemap. On Blue I took out all Metapods and changed them to Pikachus, but I'm still running into Metapod. If I took Metapod out all together, why am I still running into it?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Chicken Bones
Hacks 4 fun

I want to know if it's possible to change the binary rom data with a script. (Change the hex value at E40500 to A3)

Maybe you have to create an ASM to do that and call it with a script?

Please tell me the command or if it's ASM.
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:43 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Bones View Post
I want to know if it's possible to change the binary rom data with a script. (Change the hex value at E40500 to A3)

FYI, ROM means Read Only Memory. So it can't be changed through ASM (or a script or whatever).
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:03 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Bones View Post

If you mean changing a value in the RAM during gameplay, then yes, there is a script command...
In XSE, it is called writebytetooffset

It is written like this...

writebytetooffset 0xoffset 0xvalue

Your offset would look like this...
writebytetooffset 0xE40500 0xA3

Keep in mind that the effects of this command are NOT permanent changes to the ROM, and if the areas in the RAM you changed, get cleared or changed by the computer, your changes will be erased. (Like if you change your player's OW with writeBytetooffset, then enter a building, your OW will change back to normal.)
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>

Last edited by 0m3GA ARS3NAL; November 29th, 2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:01 AM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Here's a tutorial on textbox editing. As for the tool, I would personally recommend using Tile Molester. But for battle backgrounds, I think you would have to use Unlz. I'm not 100% on that though.
For background editing, you simply need to have an image that you can insert, then make a tile map with it. Mind that, they're still some concepts measurements that you have to do, so here's a battle background changing tutorial.
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:07 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
If you mean changing a value in the RAM during gameplay, then yes, there is a script command...
In XSE, it is called writebytetooffset

It is written like this...

writebytetooffset 0xoffset 0xvalue

Your offset would look like this...

Keep in mind that the effects of this command are NOT permanent changes to the ROM, and if the areas in the RAM you changed, get cleared or changed by the computer, your changes will be erased. (Like if you change your player's OW with writeBytetooffset, then enter a building, your OW will change back to normal.)
No, he didn't mean to change RAM, but ROM instead. Which is not possible. Also, the changes are not erased. There are no changes at all. Another thing... if you write:

Code:
XSE will treat that as it should, in other words a ROM address, turning it into 0x08E40500. Which would never work for the reasons I've explained already.
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Pokemap: I am having trouble with the GB Pokemap. On Blue I took out all Metapods and changed them to Pikachus, but I'm still running into Metapod. If I took Metapod out all together, why am I still running into it?
Are you sure you actually saved the changes? o.O

Try it again and if it doesn't work, try hex editing the Pokemon.
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:11 AM
徐死
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
When I try to load a ROM into A-Trainer, I get an error message:

"Subscript out of range.
DrawTile8@modLZ77"

Anyone know what's wrong?
Old November 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Shadow_Knux
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
For some reason, my version of Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition does not export or import sprites. I redownloaded it three times from different places, and still nothing. Does it just not work for FireRed? Or can someone point me to a OW editor that allows me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Shadow_Knux; November 29th, 2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Made it more specific
Old November 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I'm having trouble with Mid2Agb. When I drag my midi file to the Mid2Agb file, absolutely nothing happens. Magnius's tutorial says that an .s file should be created, but when I try it nothing gets created.
Old November 29th, 2009, 11:40 AM
lord_kratos
Beginning Trainer

Ok guys im getting kinda fustrated doing this...
I downloaded a rom base here at pcf because that base has some tiles i wanted to use.When i applied the base to my rom i lost all the work i had done on it!!Luckily i backed it up before i did that.
What i want to know is how do i take certain tiles from the rom base i downloaded here and put it into the rom im currently working on?
"My name is Kratos Aurion.I am of cruxis,an organisation bent on the revival of the goddess martel...You people are unworthy to be in my pressence..Sacred powers,cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls,rest in peace sinners....JUDGEMENT!"
Old November 29th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_kratos View Post
Ok guys im getting kinda fustrated doing this...
I downloaded a rom base here at pcf because that base has some tiles i wanted to use.When i applied the base to my rom i lost all the work i had done on it!!Luckily i backed it up before i did that.
What i want to know is how do i take certain tiles from the rom base i downloaded here and put it into the rom im currently working on?
First of all - Are you allowed? Ask the creator, or do what everyone else who actually achieves with their hacks and insert the tiles yourself.

Second - Patch a Blank ROM first with the Base, and then Save the Tileset and move the tiles to the ROM you want them in's Tileset, like you do in Tile Inserting.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old November 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
rokrdude
POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR

Is there any easy way to edit pokemon icons other than using iconed ?
I have been able to change sprites but no luck with icons!!!

Can anyone provide a link to guide or video how to change icons??
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrdude View Post
Is there any easy way to edit pokemon icons other than using iconed ?
I have been able to change sprites but no luck with icons!!!

Can anyone provide a link to guide or video how to change icons??
Yes, check in the toolbox for a tool made by Wichu, that edits icons.
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
lord_kratos
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation View Post

First of all - Are you allowed? Ask the creator, or do what everyone else who actually achieves with their hacks and insert the tiles yourself.

Second - Patch a Blank ROM first with the Base, and then Save the Tileset and move the tiles to the ROM you want them in's Tileset, like you do in Tile Inserting.
Umm,idk.I got the rom base from ash493.

Sry to sound like a n0ob,but can u explain step by step on what u said in the 2nd comment u made?
"My name is Kratos Aurion.I am of cruxis,an organisation bent on the revival of the goddess martel...You people are unworthy to be in my pressence..Sacred powers,cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls,rest in peace sinners....JUDGEMENT!"
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
look at a tutorial(there's at least 3 that deal on that subject.)
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
lord_kratos
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
look at a tutorial(there's at least 3 that deal on that subject.)
Dude can u give me a direct link?Im using a very slow pc.XD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here