Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:55 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Advertise here
Hey pikarich, great to see you finally got here xD

A 3 part Update!

1. The new Pokemon feature:

The image really explains its self but, at the very least all of the Pokemon eggs from the gym leaders will have baby versions of themselves. These aren't in fact pre-evolutions but just smaller cuter versions which will grow into the bigger normall one! Credit to fireboy345.

Spoiler:

The finished version of Kindle Woods. The lines have been removed, all errors fixed and quite a lot added!

3. If you don't really like the green banner or just want to add some christmas colours to your sig then use this new colour:

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; December 1st, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

Nature: Calm
this sounds awesome! Love the little baby versions
This signature has been disabled.
Your signature is about 2 pixels too wide and 70 pixels too tall.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM
dudleyspud
Beginning Trainer

Looks great, I am looking forward to a beta.

Old December 1st, 2009, 12:34 PM
Route
Slowpoke

The baby Pokémon are awesome! Great job! The new kindle woods looks better, and the new banner is awesome! (I'm using it!)
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:35 PM
Mudkipable
RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover

Nature: Quiet
This looks sweet :o
I'd play it :D
I like the partly submerged town

Just one thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
The elite six, yes, six! The same as the elite four, but 1/3 harder!

Technically, its 1/2 harder, because you first have four:

4/4

if you divide by two then multiply by three:

6/4

which is

3/2

So it's 1/2 harder

I'm sorry if I sound like a douchebag
Future HeartGold/SoulSilver team:
Meganium - Amica
Ampharos - Fulmen
Furret - Valpi
Pidgeot - Avite
Arcanine - Ignis
Espeon - Solano
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Nature: Careful
Nice update, te baby form of the pokemon is good.

I also like what you did with Kindle Woods. The rocks look good. I especiall like the building. I didn't think the other building fit when you wanted me to use it. Also, how did you get rid of the lines, I had to go on event mode to show it because I used all the layers. Did you make it all on one layer?
Pokémon Thieves Returning Soon!
Keep Your Eyes out for it in the Drawing Board!
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:00 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@deeelove: Thanks, it is cute, isn't it?

@dudleyspud: Thank you, but don't expect one of those for a while.

@Pokéstorm: Everyone seems to love them! And thanks but really it was all still Wind Gales work. And if you like that then you might like the other colours I'm putting on tommorow too!

@Mudkipable: Thank you, and the town will be updated in a while to make it even better. I can't beleive I didn't notice that, edited.

@Wind Gale: Thanks. The other building was there because I didn't have another sutable one right then. And I actually got rid of the lines through the extremely tedious process of print screening from in game then slowly fitting it together like a jigsaw.....

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 1st, 2009, 01:14 PM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
A quick way to screenshot it is to go on the map screen, any layer other then Event layer, go to View, and then uncheck all boxes except "All Layers". There

On track, looks good! I'm not to fond of the baby Pokéon, and I think having two types of grass in your game is strange - Having the HGSS and Platinum style grass is weird, especially on one map. Just my opinions.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@riceeman: Omg that would have saved me so much time! Thank you for telling me! If you go onto the previous page in one of my posts there is an exclamation to why the Platinum, grass matches the forest setting.

Some more support banners if you like purple or blue more than the others, or just want to use them all

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Nice banners. Using them all. If anyone has any ideas about the storyline (not much of which has been revealed yet) please contact me. Always happy to hear from you.

Well, the format screwed up. Anyone know how to fix that?

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Last edited by pikarich; December 2nd, 2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

Love the new banners! They look great!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
SilverLightning22
The Exchanger

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilverLightning22
I guess I'll call a truce. Good luck with the game.

May I ask, how will you get 3rd gen trainer overworld sprites to fit with 4th gen tiles? Aren't they slightly out of proportion?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Route
Slowpoke

NIce banners! My sig is getting very colorful, and big... lol...
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@pikarich: Thank you, and fell free to, people.

@SlilverLightning22: I haven't even said they'll be 3rd gen people but... have a look at the screens on other fan games, it just matches.

@Pokéstorm: Thanks and maybe you should check wheather or not it's too big

A 3 part Update:

1. The voting thread for game of the year 2009 has opened and since no one else entered in the new game vote this has to be in the normal game vote too! I don't really have much chance against the likes of Raptor but I would really appreciate your vote:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202226

2. Beleive it or not I haven't started mapping the home town so I'm going to start that now.

3. And I was wondering how much content people would like in a future demo? I could release one with the first 3 towns in a couple weeks, or I could release a bigger one in a couple of months?

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 4th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Route
Slowpoke

I would like one with the first 3 towns. Just to see how the game is. Then you could release a bigger one later.
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

I can't wait for the update.
Pokemon Forest of Secrets Creator.
Currently in the Drawing Board
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Oh whoops, I thought the games without playable conetent had to exist for 3 months or else I would have entered mine. Then yours would probably have one. I honestly think you should wait a few months and release a bigger demo. That is just my opinion though.
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Muramasa
The Evil within

Nature: Bold
Nice job, I hope this goes well for you.

If I were you, I would wait for a major update so you could really show off the game's abilities.
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Holiday
Ho Ho Ho-Oh

Nature: Jolly
Honestly, I don't see how your story is unique. I mean there's the 8 gym badges, an elite 6 (2 steps up from the elite 4, but I've seen this in several other games), a champion, and a battle frontier. So, I'm not seeing what's so special.

But I do love the baby Pokemon! :D
My Pokémon / Eggs:
Please click my Pokémon or Eggs and if you
have some, I will return the favor! Thanks!!
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@Pokéstorm: Ok, I'll take that into consideration

@Wind Gale: Oh well, I still may get third if one more person votes for me And I'll also take that into consideration.

@Muramasu: Thanks and I'll update when I can.

@Holiday: Well in fact I haven't even revealed the full storyline yet as I want to keep that part a secret for now, untill I release the demo.

@Ty 101: Good to here, but:

Sadly no update today as I can't take any screenshots due to an error I haven't been able to fix. Also, if you didn't know, we now have a spriter! He's Godlytion and is spriting for Pokemon Special adventure as well if you would like to see his work. I thought that he'd have finished some sprites by today but I think we live in different time zones.

Probably will have the updates tommorow btw

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
Excellent Work. I especially like the submerged gym. Will an event make it accessible? Or will you need a special HM?

Old December 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@The Cynic: Well for now you'll just have to wait for it to drain away as it isn't actually supposed to be there.

Sorry for not updating for ages, I promised screens and sprites but these three things are all I have for now.

Updated Kindlewood town, let me know if you like the gym more than before:

And I've been able to beg these battle backgrounds off Dew, he didn't make them, they're from a japanese game but it took a while to get the link
Here they are, but be warned, the image is tens of thousands of pixels wide:
http://spriters-resource.com/ds/kimi.../battlebgs.PNG
What do you think?

I also made the front page look a lot better.

Btw, since I changed the front page image shack uploads won't work on it, and since photobucket lowers the quality too much I've been forced to use tiny pic. Anyone know a solution to this problem?

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; December 16th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:56 AM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

wow that loooks great!! Glad to see this is coming around

Old December 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
shinylugia249
I'm back

The pokemon gym sign in Kindlewood is mine please don't use it. Thanks!
Pokemon Ryen
We're back!

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Looks nice. I like the new building and the light in front of the cave. It adds to the game.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here