The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Old December 5th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
well, hi im dragonomega & im looking to start a new hack i posted one up here before but it didnt go very well i got told that lugia & ho-oh were already done because of heart gold and soul silver .

well my hack is gonna be called 'Pokemon DarkNight' if there's a hack called that say something and i'll change it
if anyone's interested in helping i have a thread on the team disscussion

Story
You are a young boy/girl who is starting there journey at the age of 13, the night before your journey starts there's am explotion at Nightly's lab (The proffesor of the game, a family freind) and your father is caught up in the explotion, you hear the bang and run to see what happens you see among the rubble there is someone there your father before he goes he hands you a pokeball (starter) Boys get plusle and girls get minun join your hero on an epic adventure looking for the evil person(S) who did this along the way meet freinds, long lost family <--- big role and new rivals battle gym leader and the secret orginazion gym for exclusive members (more coming on that) and the best of the best the elite 4
Features
-don't get to choose your starter
-all 386 pokemon obtainable in someway
-some pokemon replaced for pokemon like (SPOLIER) riolu, lucario, weaville & more
-new gym leader
-new elite 4
-all new evil team(s)
-and much more
Team
Me so far :'(
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:59 AM
The Ominous Plains
I'll make Userbars for You!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to The Ominous Plains
I like the sound of this hack.
I can help with mapping.
Can i ask a few questions:
1. do you know how to script (believe me, many a good hack idea can be spoild by lack of scripting knowledge)
2. Can you elaborate on the story a bit? Is it in a new region, what is it a hack of ect.

But otherwise, i look foward to this hack. :3
Old December 5th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
This sounds incredibly dull and poorly thought-out. Your thread also makes a bad first impression, with the bad grammar and bright colors.

Quote:
You are a young boy/girl who is starting there journey at the age of 13, the night before your journey starts there's am explotion at Nightly's lab (The proffesor of the game, a family freind) and your father is caught up in the explotion, you hear the bang and run to see what happens you see among the rubble there is someone there your father before he goes he hands you a pokeball (starter) Boys get plusle and girls get minun join your hero on an epic adventure looking for the evil person(S) who did this along the way meet freinds, long lost family <--- big role and new rivals battle gym leader and the secret orginazion gym for exclusive members (more coming on that) and the best of the best the elite 4
So... basically the same as any other official pokemon game, but with your new characters who are basically just Professor _____ and Team ____ with different hair, and a few arbitrary family ties that will probably be boring and predictable. Let me guess, the leader of Team Rocket the new, exciting evil team is... YOUR FATHER?

Quote:
-all 386 pokemon obtainable in someway
-some pokemon replaced for pokemon like (SPOLIER) riolu, lucario, weaville & more
Wow, that was fast. You contradicted yourself in the very next feature.

Quote:
Team
Me so far
Is that really necessary?
1) That's implied.
2) You aren't asking for anyone else specifically.

Besides, with something this simple, you don't really need anyone else unless you're just unbelievably lazy.

Anyway, good luck~ :D
Old December 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Sini
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary, the Magic Fairy View Post
This sounds incredibly dull and poorly thought-out. Your thread also makes a bad first impression, with the bad grammar and bright colors.

So... basically the same as any other official pokemon game, but with your new characters who are basically just Professor _____ and Team ____ with different hair, and a few arbitrary family ties that will probably be boring and predictable. Let me guess, the leader of Team Rocket the new, exciting evil team is... YOUR FATHER?

Wow, that was fast. You contradicted yourself in the very next feature.

Is that really necessary?
1) That's implied.
2) You aren't asking for anyone else specifically.

Besides, with something this simple, you don't really need anyone else unless you're just unbelievably lazy.

Anyway, good luck~ :D
That was unecessary. The point of a comment is to critique what you like about someone's hack, and how to improve it. You sir, need more respect for other's hacks. I've noticed that you put down many of the hacks in the community.

Aside from that, it sounds like an interesting story. But if the professor was caught in an explosion, would trying to find out who did it really be necessary? Well, good luck with that : ) I hope you get a good programmer.
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Firstly to the VERY RUDE PERSON i am new here, and the leader of the team is not hero's father if you read it properly it says his father dies in the explotion,The proffessor wasnt in the explosion the lab was

i am 13 and not very good at english & if you read what i said properly it says there will be a help request for my hack on the team disscussion tommorow & whats this got to do with you, you rude person & the family ties arnt evil or anything

and the other guy thank you, i bet he doesnt have a hack or anything just goes around bad mouthing other people's work

i am learning scripting quite fast i've got the hang of it it's a hack of fire red & i forgot to mension i couldnt think of a name for a new region & if you could help with mapping that would be great :D

Last edited by Perrie ✿; December 5th, 2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:03 AM
SkyBlue
I'm in love...with Ash!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBlue
Looks like this hack will be good. Just clean up some things a little and start learning how to script.

Basically, I expect that this will be as good as other hacks. Who knows? Maybe it'll be in the Hacks Showcase.

"Our hearts are made of fragile glass. One crack and we have no more heart. We must take care of it."
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Gary, the Magic Fairy
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sini View Post
That was unecessary. The point of a comment is to critique what you like about someone's hack, and how to improve it. You sir, need more respect for other's hacks. I've noticed that you put down many of the hacks in the community.
Actually, that's not really the point. The point is to show what you like and don't like, and how things can be improved upon, not blindly worship as some people seem to think. I do applaud you for speaking your mind about Pikachu Yellow, even though that was clearly a joke, but it's nice to know even you have some standards.

I comment negatively on many on the hacks in the community because most of the hacks in this community aren't very good. Sure, you could be nice about it, but it doesn't change the fact that maybe 15 hacks in the entire emulation section actually deserve the praise they get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
Firstly to the VERY RUDE PERSON i am new here, and the leader of the team is not hero's father if you read it properly it says his father dies in the explotion,The proffessor wasnt in the explosion the lab was
Firstly, those are terrible excuses. We're not going to give you special treatment just because of your join date. That's ridiculous.

Secondly, no, I admit that I did not read 'properly', because your grammar is atrocious.
Quote:
i am 13 and not very good at english & if you read what i said properly it says there will be a help request for my hack on the team disscussion tommorow & whats this got to do with you, you rude person & the family ties arnt evil or anything
Again, age is not an excuse. I've known plenty of 11 - 12 year olds who know how to speak properly, even as a second language. If you just started learning English, then fine, but you seem to know enough to get by, so you could at least ask someone to spell check, and should understand how capitalization works.

Calling me rude does not change the fact that my points were completely valid.
Quote:
and the other guy thank you, i bet he doesnt have a hack or anything just goes around bad mouthing other people's work
Actually, I've completed one hack and started another that is much more difficult, and fyi, I wouldn't bad mouth your work if your work was better.
Quote:
i am learning scripting quite fast i've got the hang of it it's a hack of fire red & i forgot to mension i couldnt think of a name for a new region & if you could help with mapping that would be great :D
Good for you. I could respect someone who tries to learn. You should still work on your English, though. You don't seem to have capitalization and punctuation down quite yet.

Last edited by Gary, the Magic Fairy; December 6th, 2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

what does his lack to speak english have anything to do with the quality of the hack?. Just cause he has trouble with punctuation doesn't mean you should target him for that & please read the storyline PROPERLY before you post comments. Personally i think this is an alright hack, not excellent but not bad either.

I wish you luck in this hack & welcome to the community. Please ignore people who make fun of you, & remember the point is to have fun with the hack. A friend told me that.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Sini
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Actually, that's not really the point. The point is to show what you like and don't like, and how things can be improved upon, not blindly worship as some people seem to think. I do applaud you for speaking your mind about Pikachu Yellow, even though that was clearly a joke, but it's nice to know even you have some standards.

I comment negatively on many on the hacks in the community because most of the hacks in this community aren't very good. Sure, you could be nice about it, but it doesn't change the fact that maybe 15 hacks in the entire emulation section actually deserve the praise they get.

Firstly, those are terrible excuses. We're not going to give you special treatment just because of your join date. That's ridiculous.

Secondly, no, I admit that I did not read 'properly', because your grammar is atrocious.
Again, age is not an excuse. I've known plenty of 11 - 12 year olds who know how to speak properly, even as a second language. If you just started learning English, then fine, but you seem to know enough to get by, so you could at least ask someone to spell check, and should understand how capitalization works.

Calling me rude does not change the fact that my point were completely valid.
Actually, I've completed one hack and started another that is much more difficult, and fyi, I wouldn't bad mouth your work if your work was better.
Good for you. I could respect someone who tries to learn. You should still work on your English, though. You don't seem to have capitalization and punctuation down quite yet.
I could spend all day correcting the logic in that post and explaining to you how unhelpful that comment was, but I don't to take part in the flame war your trying to produce.
In this section, all the topics are about ideas. You can hate an idea all you want, but that's not helping, so don't comment at all.
This is an interesting idea, I just hope he decides to keep working on it with all these negative comments.
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Harris59
Spriter

Nature: Calm
nice concept, how unnfortunate your on your own at the mo i will join your team but i can only do mapping and spriting scripting so annoying
Spoiler:

As a Proffesional Spriter

Hacks i used to work for:
Spoiler:
Still Working for People
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Gold warehouse
peanut butter cake lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sini View Post
I could spend all day correcting the logic in that post and explaining to you how unhelpful that comment was, but I don't to take part in the flame war your trying to produce.
In this section, all the topics are about ideas. You can hate an idea all you want, but that's not helping, so don't comment at all.
This is an interesting idea, I just hope he decides to keep working on it with all these negative comments.
Gary's not trying to produce a flame war, he's voicing his opinion, just because it may seem harsh it doesn't mean it's any less valid. If he was trying to flame then I doubt he'd put that much effort in a post to prove you wrong, when he could just write something that's totally biased and insulting. I doubt you could spend all day "correcting logic" because there's really nothing to correct.
Telling him not to comment is just silly, it's like a company asking for opinions on one of their products, but telling anyone who has a negative opinion to just go away, what's the point in doing it?
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haku.
Quote:

Calling me rude does not change the fact that my point were completely valid.
Agrees, he's just giving constructive criticisms.
What you should improve on and etc.

Old December 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Sini
Beginning Trainer

I'm glad that you think Gary is being helpful, but telling someone how dull their hack is isn't constructive criticism. And sure, you can read a product and tell people how terrible it is, but unless you've tried that product yourself, your knowledge is only to the extent of what is written on the label. Who knows, this might be in the showcase..
But enough of that, I'm sure he's looking for some inspiring criticism.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links